Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here (58507 Views)

Trending: In Massive Addy / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online / What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by ymmejay: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
So I have been seeing people especially those who are planning to celebrate their birthdays in few days online writing happy birthday to me in Addy, this is so wrong.
For those who do not know, I'm here to help you out
ADDY:
noun (plural addies)(Internet slang) address (especially e-mail address)My e-mail addy is being spammed. I should've kept it private.
Addy noun: A female given name, Adeline, Adrienne, Addison and of similar-sounding names.A male given name.Surname
Do not just use words without finding out their meaning. Finestboi do your thing
@fynestboi

3 Likes

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
K
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by Aminu212: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
so how are we supposed to use it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by ymmejay: 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
Aminu212:
so how are we supposed to use it?
There are examples there in my precious posts now. Kindly reread

5 Likes

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by Xcellente: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by egopersonified(f): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2017
if they decide to change advance to addy and it trends, na matter of time before e go enter social media dictionary, na one day everything take dey start. some words are gotten from other words or new meaning added to already existing words.

BTW, happy birthday to me in addy grin
proudly LEOpatra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by KweenAngela(f): 8:00am On Aug 12, 2017
NASA o
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by Princeadonis(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2017
egopersonified:
if they decide to change advance to addy and it trends, na matter of time before e go enter social media dictionary, na one day everything take dey start. some words are gotten from other words or new meaning added to already existing words.

BTW, happy birthday to me in addy grin
proudly LEOpatra
Very reasonable comment darling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by az2012(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2017
God's time computer venture is oftering a cheap and direct uk used laptop of any series like HP,dell,Toshiba,Acer,Asus,lg,Samsung,parckabell,advent and more of any series and the version because we have duacure,corei3,corei5 and many more at affordable ptice and we also do repairing of laptop in the field of hardware and software engineer so any interested customer to patronice us should reach us on +2347035560643 or Whatsapp us on the same number as well
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by adewalle1(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2018
addy means advance wen relating to bufday....

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by Luukasz(m): 7:42am On Jan 19, 2018
ymmejay:
So I have been seeing people especially those who are planning to celebrate their birthdays in few days online writing happy birthday to me in Addy, this is so wrong.
For those who do not know, I'm here to help you out
ADDY:
noun (plural addies)(Internet slang) address (especially e-mail address)My e-mail addy is being spammed. I should've kept it private.
Addy noun: A female given name, Adeline, Adrienne, Addison and of similar-sounding names.A male given name.Surname
Do not just use words without finding out their meaning. Finestboi do your thing
@fynestboi
Exactly many Nigerians use word they don't know the meaning just to form porsche, imaging saying youre "jacking" book which doesn't seem meaningful

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by freeboyhenry(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2018
adewalle1:

any word nd meaning not found in the dictionary dosen't exist

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by simtus50: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
It doesn't

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by christyjay1: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2018
I wonder why many people use in addy most especially on the social media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2018
Ok oo
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by ayoyonet(m): 5:30am On Oct 28, 2018
Anytime I see the word I use to confuse so I had to search it online

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by SPLENDID25(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2018
the OP is right....
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by scnmerole: 1:00am On May 04, 2019
It really threw me into confusion that I decided to Google it. Thanks to the OP for the clarification!

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by xarm(m): 7:51am On Jun 01, 2019
i searched online to know more about this confuse word, and here i am. out of more than 20k viewers that av seeing op explaination, nobody av been able to say anything against him, that me his right.

3 Likes

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by nawa1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
And "bufday" means birthday when relating to posting online right?

adewalle1:

1 Like

Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 01, 2020
Wow
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by ADRIAN88(m): 10:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
oldfoolnigger:
K

You're an oldfoolnigger walahi!!
Re: ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here by AdmissionGetEas: 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
New meaning of Addy is Advance

IJMB Registration is still on till 31st of December, check my signature to register to secure University Admission without UTME into 200level

(1) (Reply)

Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.