Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Siasia To The Rescue - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia To The Rescue (858 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate / Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia To The Rescue by bishoprccg(m): 12:21am On Feb 15, 2010
I am not paid to make this passionate appeal to the NFF, neither do i have any personal grudge against Amoudu.
I am just an avid lover of football who desire the best out of the worst situation Nigeria has found herself in her quest for a foreign coach.
Recruiting a foreign coach to me may not be the solution to our problem.
The solution to every man's problem lies inside the man.
You don't need to run abroad to solve a problem which you can easily solve yourself.
The solution to our present predicament can be solved by Coach Samsom Siasia.
I have carefully followed his short coaching career and its my honest and sincere submission that he be recruited to help build not only a team for the world cup come 2010, but a team for the future.
He knows all the players by names, and he has been to the highest level of football- the world cup.
He possess the charisma and the technical know how to fit into the shoe vacated by coach shauibu amoudu.
Lets put aside politics and sentiment by quickly contacting Samson Siasia.
It will not only by cost effective, but it will help strenghten the confidence of the Super Eagles who will be glad to see their own lead them to the world cup.
Please dear forumites, what do you think?

http://www.grelohi.com
http://www.naijamillionaire.com
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by 12large: 4:07am On Feb 15, 2010
siasia lai lai, the guy has a very big ego when he has not won anything, imagine what the idiot did last year, drop all good strikers like oseni,chrisantus,akinsola,uchebo just because he wants to bring in his home and own players. imagine a coach that drops his best defender, just because nff did not find him visa my point is that if siasia is given the job he will just call his own players
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by FBS: 8:31am On Feb 15, 2010
12large:

siasia lai lai, the guy has a very big ego when he has not won anything, imagine what the idiot did last year, drop all good strikers like oseni,chrisantus,akinsola,uchebo just because he wants to bring in his home and own players. imagine a coach that drops his best defender, just because nff did not find him visa my point is that if siasia is given the job he will just call his own players
Maybe, just maybe I agree with most of what you wrote but the highlighted? No!!!
How was the player supposed to travel without visa? undecided
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by 12large: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2010
fbs i mean because nff did not find him {udoh} visa for their spanish trip siasia drops him, instead of just waiting
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by DisGuy: 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
Is there any particular reason why most of the our so called brilliant coaches cant find a job outside the country?
If he is sooooo good why hasnt any other team called him up?
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by dinsky: 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2010
Siasia is not ripe to coach the SUPER EAGLEs.
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
When Shaibu Amodu was hired to lead the Super Eagles through qualifying, I wrote the following on my facebook page.

"I don't believe that Amodu is the best local coach in the country, on the back of this failure by Berti Vogts, I belive Amodu is being hired to fail so that the NFF can justify the need to hire a Foreign Coach on the eve of world cup"

You know what? Amodu did not fail as much as I expected him to but the NFF which were not necessarily interested Amodu's result in the first place and have decided to hire a Foreign Coach anyway. Well this has always been their agenda and nothing to do with Amodu's records.
There are better coaches than Amodu in the country and I see no need for any foreign coach and I want to ask the following.

What is the basis of chasing a Foreign Coach at this time? Do we plan to win the world cup?

If we are looking to win the world cup then I will say that hiring a new foreign coach 4 months to the finals is just how not to prepare, its too late.

If we are not planning to win the world cup, then what is the essence of spending so much on a Foreign Coach really?

I will suggest keeping Amodu as head coach and bringing in Siasia as Technical Adviser.
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2010
Those who Siasia arrogant should tell us whether he is more arrogant than Jose Morinho and yet Jose still gets the best jobs around.

We seem to hide our preference for mediocrity in this country under humility.
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by supereagle(m): 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2010
NFF and PTF wants us to fail. I did not see any wisdom in going for an Oyinbo Coach 3 months to the world cup by May our boys must be in the camp. Tell me what can Oyinbo coach do under that condition. Expect massive failure.
Siasia is not the solution. Amodu has his own problem, allowing sentiments to rule him. Amodu , Keshi combination can perform wonders.
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by bishoprccg(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2010
i still believe siasia is the best option for nIGERIA.
I dont believe he is arrogant.
People should not mix sentiment and performance.
He has paid his dues as far as nigeria football is concerned.
Nff should plks stop chasing shadows and face reality.
we have few weeks remaining for the world cup to commence
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by 12large: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2010
bishop god punish your papa, how is siasia the best qualified for this jobs, fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me. this was exactly the same situation last year everybody was saying siasia is the answer he would change everything, but what happened they guy carried all useless strikers and drop chrisantus lying that he was injured while chrisantus played on saturday for his club. if we take siasia i know what he will do, he will drop osaze,martins,uche and take ighalo,promise,okoronkwo,abwo,osasdebewem just because he wants nigerians to say that those are his players. someone said mourinho is arrogant but still gets top job, well mourinho have achieved alot, siasia have not underage semi-finals is nothing
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by FBS: 8:01am On Feb 17, 2010
@12large, watch your langauge!

Keep the banter civil.
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by SeXyBoNE: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
SiaSia is the answer
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by ikeyman00(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2010
siasia is the answer

all these yeye-side talk is still open to another debate

the only reason those glasshouse baffoons are runnin from siaisia is he aint taking any nonesense from them

amodu shouldnt have be there in the first place but only in nigeria; the commentaries always have their veiws but remember one thing only in Nigeria this happens

so there u go

u might as well say Wenger isnt good enough; ahha how much has be won go

some naija chat pure $hit
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by supereagle(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
Amodu is taking us to South Africa.
Siasia Ko Siasia Ni
This foreign coach is programmed to fail.
Re: Siasia To The Rescue by slimghost(m): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2010
I think either Erikson or Shehata will take us to the world cup.

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Lose Again! / Airtel Subscribers Can Join Soccer Chat / London 2012 Qualifier: Ugandan Referees Arrive Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.