Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. (2091 Views)

Who Is Ready To Travel To Ghana? I Need A Travel Partner / Please Help, I'm Travelling By Air Tomorrow For The First Time / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by johnkey: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2017
Good day. I'm traveling out of the country for the first time, migrating to Ghana. I have some questions, I'll appreciate any info thanks

Can I use my Nigerian uba account in Ghana? I have a MasterCard.

Is it easy as a Nigerian to open a new bank account in Ghana? Dunno if I can withdraw all my money then go change it to cedis and open a new bank account there.
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by Lessonteacher(f): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2017
johnkey:
Good day. I'm traveling out of the country for the first time, migrating to Ghana. I have some questions, I'll appreciate any info thanks

Can I use my Nigerian uba account in Ghana? I have a MasterCard.

Is it easy as a Nigerian to open a new bank account in Ghana? Dunno if I can withdraw all my money then go change it to cedis and open a new bank account there.

YES, YOU CAN. YES IT'S A BIT EASY TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT THERE.
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by MarvelWorld: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2017
Lessonteacher:
YES, YOU CAN. YES IT'S A BIT EASY TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT THERE.

Your info is wrong. Check what I posted above. I frequent Ghana to supply clothings for my customers. I am always moving between Lagos, Lome and Accra.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by adegunwa4real(m): 10:19am On Aug 12, 2017
MarvelWorld:

You will not be able to use any Nigerian bank card in Ghana as the central bank has put a stop to that for reasons known to them so I will advise you hold all your money and convert to cedis.

Secondly, it is very difficult to open a bank account there as a Nigerian except you have a resident permit or you do their health insurance card (30cedis) and use it to get a job then let your employer help you open it. If not its difficult.

However you can always make do with their mobile money system which is good or they have these stuffs like osusu that help save money and you can withdraw when you want, its also very ok.

If you will be staying in Accra, there is an office where cross country bus station is. They help do Nigerian money transfers cheap, fast and very reliable. You can either send money direct to your bank account in Nigeria or to anyones account and you can also receive payment from Nigeria from their office.

This is the little I know and I wish you all the best.

hello sir, you seems to know much about Ghana, please what documents/ papers do I need if I want to travel to Ghana And how much will it cost me to travel to Ghana from Nigeria?

thank you Sir
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by johnkey: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2017
MarvelWorld:

You will not be able to use any Nigerian bank card in Ghana as the central bank has put a stop to that for reasons known to them so I will advise you hold all your money and convert to cedis.

Secondly, it is very difficult to open a bank account there as a Nigerian except you have a resident permit or you do their health insurance card (30cedis) and use it to get a job then let your employer help you open it. If not its difficult.

However you can always make do with their mobile money system which is good or they have these stuffs like osusu that help save money and you can withdraw when you want, its also very ok.

If you will be staying in Accra, there is an office where cross country bus station is. They help do Nigerian money transfers cheap, fast and very reliable. You can either send money direct to your bank account in Nigeria or to anyones account and you can also receive payment from Nigeria from their office.

This is the little I know and I wish you all the best.
Thanks for this. please how do I go about changing my naira to cedis. And how do I get a resident permit.
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by DreamDesire(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2017
adegunwa4real:

hello sir, you seems to know much about Ghana, please what documents/ papers do I need if I want to travel to Ghana And how much will it cost me to travel to Ghana from Nigeria?

thank you Sir

What marvelworld posted is on point. I am into travel and tours based in Ghana. The only thing you need is your passport or any form of identity card. Being a first time traveller to Ghana you will pay about N29,500 plus extra N500 for yellow card if using Efex bus transport. Other transport are also within same range.
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by DreamDesire(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2017
johnkey:
Thanks for this. please how do I go about changing my naira to cedis. And how do I get a resident permit.

You can change your naira to cedis when you get to Aflawo border between Lome and Ghana. Ensure you try to relate with one or two persons inside the bus who are not new to the route so that they can also assist you when you want to change your money to avoid being cheated.
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by johnkey: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
DreamDesire:

What marvelworld posted is on point. I am into travel and tours based in Ghana. The only thing you need is your passport or any form of identity card. Being a first time traveller to Ghana you will pay about N29,500 plus extra N500 for yellow card if using Efex bus transport. Other transport are also within same range.
Thanks for the information sir. Please sir I'm looking to open a Ghana bank account as soon as I get there, please how do I go about that sir, cause I'm not going there to be an employee as someone suggested that I should find a job and my employer help me open one. How do I get one without going through that?
Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by DreamDesire(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnkey:
Thanks for the information sir. Please sir I'm looking to open a Ghana bank account as soon as I get there, please how do I go about that sir, cause I'm not going there to be an employee as someone suggested that I should find a job and my employer help me open one. How do I get one without going through that?

It will be very difficult my brother except you have a resident permit. Also take note that your passport will be stamped with a 60 days permit of which you are suppose to stamp out before then and restamp back in, but thats not important per say only that when you want to open a bank account dont use your passport.

What some people do sha is to apply for their health insurance card which is like a powerful id too. It cost just 30cedis but they smartly use Ghanaian names like they are half Ghanaians and half Nigerians because of the accent. But i heard if you get caught its a big problem and Ghana police dont waste time to send people to prison (not police cell ooo).
So you just have to be extra careful about that.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions. by kelvinodum(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hello guys,am also coming to accra on vacation,I was advised to go do west African travel doc,just incase of movement within accra as I intend travelling with my national ID and by road(abc trans),guys I will appreciate if you guys can point me to a good and serene vicinity with a hotel in the city of accra,internet connectivity,pool,close to a beach,mall,market etc stuff that can keep a visitor to that city captivated,my budget for such hotel is about 12k naira, and also what the exchange rate is ,cedis to naira,any heads up ,will be appreciated,my first leave in 3 years,help me make it worth the wait..

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Based Or Those Who Has Been There Before Only. / Places In Dubai Where You Can Shop Very Cheap / From 5-Seater To Airbus A350s, Delta Airline Transformation In 100 Years(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.