Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba (25295 Views)

Brandon Manitoba (Canada) / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Road Trip From Alberta To Manitoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2017
Hey guys,

I have lived in Manitoba(Winnipeg) for 5 years now.Feel free to ask me anything you need to know about Manitoba .I will be happy to answer.

Disclaimer----- Everything is based on m y personal experience

11 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by tellwisdom: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2017
What is manitoba??...

18 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2017
. tellwisdom its a province in Canada.

7 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by thesicilian: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2017
tellwisdom:
What is manitoba??...
Lol. Na wah o.

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by sonofthunder: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
any cost friendly universities to study engineering? What are job opportunities like over there?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by atiteb4: 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
Have actually done my research about Manitoba and i love Manitoba alot. I have friends over there too. How's life in Manitoba generally? I actually asked a girl that's in Manitoba out but she declined. She's a Nigerian though. Is that how girls in Manitoba deny guys? Moreover how's hustle over there? Just give us the necessary info about Manitoba. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by FiveNaira: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ease of schooling there, as an international grad student

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
sonofthunder:
any cost friendly universities to study engineering? What are job opportunities like over there?
university of manitoba should be fineand this depends on what kind of engieering you are looking at.
But when it comes to cost Memorial university is more affordable
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
sonofthunder:

If you are willing to do any kind of job for a start you will be fine

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
FiveNaira:
Ease of schooling there, as an international grad student

Depending on what you mean ---if you are talking about weather you will be fine if you dress warm, you can get a job is you decide to pick any kind, you can get a shared acomodation for about 400 - 550 Cad a month, there are buses that travel round Winnipeg, there are Nigeria schooling here too, African shop if you decide you want to eat amala and ewedu, lol

12 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
atiteb4:
Have actually done my research about Manitoba and i love Manitoba alot. I have friends over there too. How's life in Manitoba generally? I actually asked a girl that's in Manitoba out but she declined. She's a Nigerian though. Is that how girls in Manitoba deny guys? Moreover how's hustle over there? Just give us the necessary info about Manitoba. Thanks.

Maybe you did not scope here well - am just kidding.

I see some Naija guys with white girls and some Naija girls with white boys and also naija and naija but u know relationship issues can be complicated so am not really sure is that is how naija girls deny boys.

Life is very okay here, atleast one can eat,pay for accommodation and survive there are international students here and everyone is working hard to make ends meet.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by atiteb4: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
amaky:

I see some Naija guys with white girls and some Naija girls with white boys and also naija and naija but u know relationship issues can be complicated so am not really sure is that is how naija girls deny boys.

Life is very okay here, atleast one can eat,pay for accommodation and survive there are international students here and everyone is working hard to make ends meet.
thanks. Well i will try my possible best to be in Manitoba next year. But the visa processing is getting difficult for we Nigerians daily. Are Nigerians commiting lots of offence in Manitoba?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by ben4ever(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
I hear the racism is high there. Is that true? Also do you guys have Ross stores there?
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by debris: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
amaky:

Op how about Quebec people don't talk much about there?
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by ScamBusta: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
How is the crime rate in Winnipeg?

I heard downtown is dangerous at night?what happens there?

Safety is everyone's concern so I'll appreciate you answer these questions

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by FiveNaira: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
atiteb4:
thanks. Well i will try my possible best to be in Manitoba next year. But the visa processing is getting difficult for we Nigerians daily. Are Nigerians commiting lots of offence in Manitoba?
As in ehnnn... Canadian visa be like gold

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by Dammiehar(f): 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hello Amaky,

I just got ITA for PR, and I am planning to come to Winnipeg. I will like to know what employment is like, childcare as well as I have 2 young kids, 4 and 2. Also if the weather is that bad as they say, I have actually stayed in Minneapolis for a couple of months before and I know how harsh the winter was and you know they are quite close to each other. I just need your advice generally.
Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
ben4ever:
I hear the racism is high there. Is that true? Also do you guys have Ross stores there?

Hello there is racism every where in the world even in nigeria, you can see igbo,yoruba, hausa fighting them self.I love been positive in all I do .You will meet people that not nice sometimes but it is normal even in nigeria so people are just not nice.All I can say is be positive, prayerful, be focus and then work hard.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dammiehar:
Hello Amaky,

I just got ITA for PR, and I am planning to come to Winnipeg. I will like to know what employment is like, childcare as well as I have 2 young kids, 4 and 2. Also if the weather is that bad as they say, I have actually stayed in Minneapolis for a couple of months before and I know how harsh the winter was and you know they are quite close to each other. I just need your advice generally.
Thanks

Yes there are daycare-(home, group home and centers), there are waiting lists as well if you know when you coming you can apply and just be on the waiting list. You can also find sometimes if you are willing to travel within the city to drop off your kids. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for subsidy that way you don't have to spend much on childcare.I

It is cold here but when you dress warm, you will be fine. You will need to buy winter jackets and sweaters , mittens, etc...wear double cloths and you will be ok with the weather

For work, if you are willing to do any kind of job for a start you will be fine. You wi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 12:20am On Aug 13, 2017
ScamBusta:
How is the crime rate in Winnipeg?

I heard downtown is dangerous at night?what happens there?

Safety is everyone's concern so I'll appreciate you answer these questions

Am not really sure what you mean by dangerous but there is 911 to call in case of any emergency and the police will be there in a minute to help.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by Dammiehar(f): 12:23am On Aug 13, 2017
amaky:

Yes there are daycare-(home, group home and centers), there are waiting lists as well if you know when you coming you can apply and just be on the waiting list. You can also find sometimes if you are willing to travel within the city to drop off your kids. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for subsidy that way you don't have to spend much on childcare.I

It is cold here but when you dress warm, you will be fine. You will need to buy winter jackets and sweaters , mittens, etc...wear double cloths and you will be ok with the weather

For work, if you are willing to do any kind of job for a start you will be fine. You wi

Ok, thank you very much. How is the public transportation system, as I don't intend buying a car immediately. Will it be easy to move around with kids without a car? Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 12:25am On Aug 13, 2017
debris:

Op how about Quebec people don't talk much about there?

Quebec is french so if cant speak french, it will be difficult for you to live there.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2017
sonofthunder:

Memorial university is quite affordable than others.
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by justwise(m): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2017
amaky:
Hey guys,

I have lived in Manitoba(Winnipeg) for 5 years now.Feel free to ask me anything you need to know about Manitoba .I will be happy to answer.

Disclaimer----- Everything is based on m y personal experience

Please avoid attaching a link that got nothing to do with this thread.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by azelab: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2017
OP can i get a job with a visa sponsorer in Manitoba or any other province in Canada?
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by AndyCole16(m): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2017
learning new things
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by bularvz: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2017
How do you cope with the cold winter weather
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
azelab:
OP can i get a job with a visa sponsorer in Manitoba or any other province in Canada?

I was about asking same question.
Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by adeoye4real4: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
am very happy to hear this kind topic bcs have ones research on this Manitoba winipeng. how to migrate but when i whant to fill the form i see some paragraph that said i must have some one working Whit Manitoba city government to sign some documents for me make me weak pls i will like to hear from you how true is this thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
azelab:

yes if you find someone to hire you.Th last time I checked it takes a minimum of 7months to process if your employer is approved

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anthing About Manitoba by amaky(f): 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
adeoye4real4:
am very happy to hear this kind topic bcs have ones research on this Manitoba winipeng. how to migrate but when i whant to fill the form i see some paragraph that said i must have some one working Whit Manitoba city government to sign some documents for me make me weak pls i will like to hear from you how true is this thank you

Am not sure about this information and I am hearing this for the first time. If you are coming through family sponsorship that is when you need your family member who lives in manitoba to sign for you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Railway Shuts Train Services Nationwide / Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses / My Ordeal At Soekarno-hatta International Airport Jakarta, Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.