Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith (48939 Views)

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Pretribulation Rapture Departure Or Apostasy From The Faith? / Members Worship At Flooded Greenvine International Christian Centre PortHarcourt / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by soul2: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Airee:
How about Neymat?!
Don't mention Neymar at all, my God is not in support of tattoo.
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by xangerar: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
I understand Neymar is of the Lord too.I didn't see his name on the list.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by abbk000: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
You forgot someone!!!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
what of MY BROTHER, NEYMAR

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Khaliyah(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
soul2:

So what if he had d tattoo before he became a Christian? So God who accept him, u Pple should stop making God look like a saddist n unforgiven

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by harriet412(f): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
What a read! kiss
kaka inspires me cry
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Khaliyah(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
organism3:
what of MY BROTHER, NEYMAR
Op said 10, so I guess dats y he wasn't included
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ubongoton(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
so you want tell me that christiano ronaldo is a budist? Are you normal?
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Khaliyah:
Op said 10, so I guess dats y he wasn't included
OK. I guess he is ur brother too
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Khaliyah(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
organism3:
OK. I guess he is ur brother too
Lol sure he is. Happy sunday
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by colossus91(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Skillz92:
Sometimes, when fortune and fame hits home, especially the one that comes with a highly successful international football career, it becomes a challenge keeping our values, beliefs and religion.

With an estimated two billion Christians in the world, you can expect there to be a large number of Christian football players in the world, right? Well, how many practicing Christians can you name, from the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, and other international leagues?

Here is a list of top ten international footballers. These footballers have often time professed their allegiance to God either through their way of life, social media posts, or vows publicly made to God, and of course their goal celebration patterns.

Please note that this list is arranged based on a combination of the players’ public commitment to the Christian faith and their net worth.

10. Tim Howard

The former Everton goalkeeper is currently plying his trade at Colorado Rapids.

The United States international is an International Christian Footballers, who considers Jesus Christ most important in his life.

“The most important thing in my life is Christ. He’s more important to me than winning or losing or whether I’m playing or not. Everything else is just a bonus.”

He is also involved with Athletes in Action, a ministry arm of Campus Crusade for Christ.

9. EDISON CAVANI

The Uruguayan striker for several years has embraced the Christian faith and come to be part of that group of professional athletes in all discipline who share love for Jesus Christ and recognise him as the Lord and Saviour of their lives.

The official site of the Athletes of Christ explains, ‘These athletes have the responsibility to live a Christian life to the unanimous will of God in the world of sport’.
Cavani, who makes no secret of his faith decided to tell it all in a book he published titled ‘Quello che ho nel cuore. Vita, calico e fede, meaning ‘Series of Enlargements’.

8. STEPHEN PIENAAR

The Sunderland Midfielder and South African player literally wears his faith on his sleeve: on more than one occasion after scoring he has revealed a vest with the words- “God is great’’.

A strong Christian upbringing helped the 30 year-old Ex- Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Spurs star, find Christ- “My Mum is a very committed Christian and was always on my case’’, he smiles. “No-one can force you to believe, though. I just listened at Church and everything made sense”.

And about the vest- “I wear the vest because God is truly great. He is on high. I believe he is with me and the angels are guiding me on the pitch and the vest is a way of acknowledging this”

7. DANIEL STURRIDGE

daniel Sturridge

The 28 year old Liverpool striker has revealed that he reads the bible every morning. He said his love for the book came from his parents who urged him to read it on Sundays.

According to him; “That was important for me growing up. It’s part of my routine and I do it every day”. After winning the Barclays player award of the month, he said “I do all through Christ who strengthens me”.

6. ANDRE INIESTA

Andre Iniesta

Andrés Iniesta Luján is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for FC Barcelona and the Spain national team. He serves as the captain for Barcelona.

The 33 year old player is married with kids and is often known to not only talk about his religion but also travel for pilgrimages.

5. JAVIER HERNANDEZ

Javier Hernandez

His pre-match routine sees him kneel on the halfway line with his palms outstretched. Popularly known as ‘Chicarito’. The 29 year old footballer plays for both his country (Mexico) and also recently transferred to West Ham United.

He is a devoted Roman Catholic. Javier once speaking about his faith said;

“I like to ask God to take care of me because he gave me the opportunity to play. I talk to God and I let him take care of the health of both teams because the worst things for a sportsman are injuries and there are a lot of accidents on that pitch that nobody wants.”

4. DAVID LUIZ

David Luiz

International football star and Chelsea defender vowed to abstain from sex until after he is married in an instagram post which included his baptism.

The International Christian Footballers posted a message alongside the picture which read “I have chosen to wait’. Luiz said he will abstain from sex until he marries girlfriend Sara Madeira, according to Telegraph
He then added; “How wonderful to live with you Lord, thank you for loving me so much and taking care of me! My life is yours and I am your servant! You are always in the centre of all my decision. I love my God! Amen”.

3. WAYNE ROONEY

Wayne Rooney

Rooney is an English football player, a Catholic, and appears to be quite religious. In the year 2002 he was seen wearing a rosary around his neck during practice and he was questioned by a reporter that what is it for-he replied – it’s my religion……”

The reporter stopped him saying “we don’t do religion here”. Luckily, Rooney who is an astute defender of the gospel replied saying “….. Right from my teenage I pray to God to win football games, now that I am an adult, I take my faith even more seriously…”

2. THIAGO SILVA

Thiago Silva

Though born desperately poor he lived near a dangerous shantytown in the city of Rio de Jameiro, he was able to overcome these hardships and achieve great success in the eyes of the whole world.

He is a professional soccer player; winning many prizes in the history of world’s soccer he has also been named as one of the top players in Europe for three consecutive times. This lifestyle of his shows he is committed to his career and dependent on God for heavy support.

1. KAKA

Kaka

Ricardo Izecson popularly called ‘Kaka’ is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Orlando city and also Brazilian national team. Kaká is a devout evangelical Christian who was an active member of the São Paulo-based Rebirth in Christ Church.

He removed his jersey to reveal an “I Belong to Jesus” T-shirt and openly engaged in prayer moments after the final whistle. He also had the same phrase, along with “God Is Faithful,” stitched onto the tongues of his boots.

In goal celebrations, he usually points to the sky as a gesture of thanks to God. KAKA’s first encounter with God happened after a near-paralyzing swimming pool mishap, he gave his life to Christ and after a full recovery from the pool accident which can only be God.

Kaka and his wife met in 2002 and were married 3 years later in 2005 and unlike majority of athletes; they were both virgins on their wedding day.

Here is our list of the top ten international footballers. Do you feel there is a Christian footballer left out? Why not add it in the comment section

SOURCE : http://praisebars.com/international-christian-footballers/

both virgins hmmmmm the nexxt commentator has something to say

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ottohan: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
I am 100% sure of KAKA

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by brightalo17: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
Desyner:
heard 10% of Neymar dough goes to the church. Ain't he committed?

Which of the dough? I hope you're not referring to the sign on fee which he has no share in?
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Yuji: 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
ivolt:

If you don't want to blame god for human failures, why praise him for human success ?
If you must blame man for failure, you must praise man for success.
God gave human beings freewill. Unlike animals we were created in His image with knowledge and wisdom to survive on earth. Stop blaming Him for your personal failures. He only listens to those who believe in Him. If you don't have faith in God,why would He answer your prayers? There is nothing you atheists can do or say to change a true Christian from their faith,take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
Khaliyah:
Lol sure he is. Happy sunday
same here
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by lordsniel(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Am a mechanical engineering graduate of The federal polytechnic Ado ekiti,Pls am desperately in search of a job,pls call 08161621788
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by PatoMilano: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
Carlos Bacca should make the list too...
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by ghenghen23(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wayne Rooney is a Mason. Check his recent celebration of goals scored.
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by bonifieldstun(m): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
JusticeSeeker:
Pastor Taribo West nko?
lwkmd no na taribo north east
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by femi4: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
seunny4lif:
KAKA is the only person among them that is a pastor and don't party nor club.

Where is Pastor Taribo WestOP

The pastor below tried to revive Torres career

1 Like

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by seunny4lif(m): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
femi4:
The pastor below tried to revive Torres career
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by honayoplenty(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Making money online in nigeria made easy.Earn $100 or more online per day just by typing captchas!
* requirements:
Has a laptop or PC or android phone as long as it has a stable internet.
* No specific age group nor age limit.
* pay out via western union
* currency : Russia (RUB) Russian rubble to US (USD)
- this Is captcha entry.
1 captcha = 5 rubbles, basically 1000 captcha is equivalent to 5,000 rubbles ($83+).
-numeric captcha only. When you finish entering a captcha , there is no need to wait for the next captcha to load . no suspension or banned accounts in case you make a mistake at entering. If you are a fast typer you can do 2-3 hours per day. You earn as much as you work. You have total choice to do this FULL TIME or PART TIME, its entirely up to you.
This is free ( no registration fee), just your dedication and perseverance. We DONT require ID's , just register and create your own account on the website and we are set.
- if you have referalls it helps you earn faster, you earn 50% of anything your referrals earn. ( e.g Referrals: 1000 RUB= you: 500RUB).
You can make multiple accounts too ( at least for me, that's how I earn faster).
Minimum withdrawal is 7000 RUB..

HOW TO REGISTER
1.Register at http://29a7.zexdengi.top/534979048692/
2.start typing captcha by going to personal area and click start watching advertising.
3. Enter captcha! P.s the page is in Russian, try to use chrome browser so you can directly translate into your language.
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by donlucabrazi(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
xreal:
OP why?
I only opened this thread to see if I made the list, I am dissapointed.

Is it because I got committed after I sensed that my football career was over?

I'm practically ROTF LMAO @ your comment..... chai, una wicked o!

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Ignyte(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Skillz92:

Lol. Don't really think he is committed

Actually he is... This list doesn't mean he's not
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by xreal: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2017
donlucabrazi:
I'm practically ROTF LMAO @ your comment..... chai, una wicked o!

na so.
grin grin
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Phi001(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
soul2:

when did 'your God' tell you that?
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by expozey(f): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=ivolt post=59429554]

If you don't want to blame god for human failures, why praise him for human success ?
If you must blame man for failure, you must praise man for success

Hmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Amberon11: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Its in the bible tho.
Phi001:

when did 'your God' tell you that?
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Phi001(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
Amberon11:
Its in the bible tho.
where?
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by obinna58(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Neymar should be on top list
Re: Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Phi001:

where?

Leviticus 19:28
There JEHOVAH warned the nation of Israel about it. But Jehovah is forgiving when we do things ignorantly and are repentant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ajenu Builds A Catholic Church In Benue (Pictures) / Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.