Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 13/08/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 13/08/2017 (568 Views)

Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional: THE POWER OF CONFIDENCE / Rccg Sunday School Students Manual(13/08/2017) What Is Heaven Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 13/08/2017 by jodababa(m): 7:17am On Aug 13, 2017
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL
JULY 2017 EDITION

SUNDAY,13 AUGUST 2017.

THEME: ​FOUNDATIONAL CHALLENGES​

FIRE SCRIPTURE: Job 4:19-21.

Memory verse:Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Revelation:3:11.

Bible in One Year; Psalms 87,88. Romans 13.

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES:
Our Lord Jesus Christ had His own foundational story but He did not allow it to dictate His destiny.

PROPHETIC WORD:The Lord shall destroy every evil foundation dictating your life.

HYMN –(CHRIST IS THE SURE FOUNDATION)

​OUTLINE​
A lot of the challenges we experience are due to our foundation. Some challenges also come from the Lord when we do not do what He tells us to do in the case of Jonah and the fish. Challenges can also come from the environment we live in or the association we belong, from our villages and hometowns.

Challenges can also come from our mistakes or past sins. Like the children of Israel in the book of Judges, each time they sinned and turned from the Lord, He would bring their enemies against them and when they repent of their sins, God would forgive them. In all, the challenges only linger because we allow it.

As Christians, we have not yet utilised half of the power God gave us. We are still calling the enemy sweet names and making lovely embracing faces to the enemy. The moment we get angry and face the devil with an angered spirit of enough-is-enough, he would pack his bag and leave.

The Bible says if the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do? Hence, we desperately and urgently need to break away from our foundation. There is no person who does not have a foundational story.

Even our Lord Jesus Christ had His own but He did not allow His foundation to dictate His destiny. He was born in a manger, luckily for Him, His parents knew the Lord so there were no idolatry rites performed for Him.

The idolatry rites performed for people in the olden days caused a lot of problems for them and their generation and it is only an aggressive prayer and fasting that can break away the relationship. The story of Gideon is a pitiable one. God already delivered him from his foundation. He was weak otherwise he would have faced the people when God instructed him.

When the angel told Gideon that God had chosen him to deliver the Israelites, he doubted the angel and asked for confirmation. When God told him to destroy his father's altar of baal, he could not do it by day and when God told Gideon that He had delivered the Midianites into his hand, he still doubted it. God had to confirm what he said to Gideon through a dream.

In fact God wanted to assure Gideon that the 300 soldiers He chose were nothing for him to deliver Israel with. After the Midianites were defeated, Gideon went to build an altar and married wife and had concubines. Today, many of us do behave like Gideon because of our faulty foundation.

​PRAYER​

​MORNING​
1. I break my destiny from evil foundational power, in the name of Jesus.

2. Foundational powers, waiting to manifest on the day of my celebration, be destroyed by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.

3. Thou power of the Most High, burn to ashes evil foundational powers affecting my destiny, in the name of Jesus.

​EVENING​
4. My destiny, hear the word of the Lord, arise shine, in the name of Jesus.

5. Every foundational power that has swallowed my destiny, vomit it by fire, in the name of Jesus.

6. Evey coffin constructed for my destiny, burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.

7. Holy Spirit, do the work of deliverance in my life today, in the name of Jesus.

GET A COPY OF THIS MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. D.K OLUKOYA
Have a blessed day.
#AUGUST
#DKO
#MFM
Re: Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 13/08/2017 by Camlot000007: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2017
Honestly waking up on a Sunday morning like this with terrible hunger after realizing the last meal on you was yesterday breakfast. Am a student here in Ogun state, and this month family is facing financial instability, had to suffer somehow for the time being, pls any one that can help me with some token just to feed for some days will really appreciate. I had wish to go to church today, but honestly the fear of collapsing while praying settled me down

Pls If ain't ready to help don't yab me
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Religion Worthless? / The Secret Of Becoming A Millionaire Without Much Stress / How TV Evangelists Perform FAKE Miracles, And STEAL Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.