Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:57 AM

Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed (58410 Views)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Photos Of Assemblies Of God Members Dancing After Supreme Court Victory / Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by fatdon2(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
Gunmen on Sunday struck at the Assemblies of God Church on the Oguta road Onitsha , Anambra State killing one policeman and a civilian.

This is coming seven days after gunmen attacked St Philips Catholic Church , Ozubulu and killed no fewer than 13 persons and injured 27.

An eyewitness account told our correspondent that the gunmen had momentarily stopped at the Assemblies of God Church, but on sighting some policemen at the church, opened fire on them .

“ When the firing became too hot, the policemen abandoned their patrol vehicle and ran away for safety .
“ The gunmen moved to their patrol van and took a gun belonging to the policeman they killed .
“ I saw two of the gunmen but I can ’ t say how many they are in number.

Another eyewitness said , “ Gunmen on Okada (motorcycle ) shot a policeman and collected his rifle. They also shot dead an Okada man while escaping, and the passenger he was carrying was injured . The policeman was the one armed among his colleagues ; they were providing security while church service was going on at Assemblies of God Church, Oguta road Onitsha.

The Anambra State Commissioner of Police , Mr Garba Umar confirmed the incident to journalists .

He said it was not an attack on the church, adding “ My men were on patrol near the church when they were attacked by some gunmen. It was not an attack on the church, in the real sense of it ” .

The commissioner confirmed that the hoodlums took away a rifle belonging to the slain cop .
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige had on Saturday said the Federal Government would work out modalities on how to secure places of worship in the country .

Leading a federal government delegation to commiserate with the people of Anambra State on the Ozubulu shooting , Ngige said that had become expedient following incessant attacks on places of worship .

http://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-attack-another-anambra-church-kill-policeman-civilian/

4 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by swiz123(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
What could be the reason behind this attacks on the church? Could it be that nnamdi kanu is right? Is it a deliberate attempt to dissuade biafrans

94 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by dikerebel(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
" My men were on patrol near the church when they were attacked by some gunmen. It was not an attack on the church, in the real sense of it ” trying so hard to tell us that it wasn't an attack on the church.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by bishungclement: 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
again

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Igbos are under attack to stop Biafraa.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Igboesika: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
When I was coming back from church today, this imagination/ thought came to my mind and i letter said God forbids. Now look at...
Why are people so desperate to stop the inevitable by attacking children of God even in the place of worship ?

When Nnamdi KANU mentioned those behind Ozubulu attack, some bunch of miserable basstarddsss were busy opposing his opinion, now he has been vindicated.

Indeed, this contraption must tear into pieces. I curse Lord Lugard for merging Igbos with animals.

Very soon, they will invade your land ,kill you and rape your women = Nnamdi KANU-- 16th June 2014.
Rip to the dead.

124 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Lajet: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
This can cause Civil war those behind this wicked act should stop now .

6 Likes

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by chemicalDisease: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Oh Church!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Penalty82(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

3 Likes

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Truthbtold1: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Since the recent church killing in ozubulu by drug mob attracted nation-wide cry which Nnamdi kanu ignorantly blamed on Fulani herdsmen, i can safely presume that this one is definitely done by Nnamdi Kanu so as to equally blame it on the Fulani as well and add it to 'i told you before' factor.. This is propaganda taken too far.
Igbo bloods must be sacrificed for the freedom of Biafra - Nnamdi Kanu.
I heard he cannot speak igbo language fluently, that's why he addresses his fellow swines with english.
Fg arrest this guy with immediate alacrity.

#factcheck: Anambra State is the safest state in Nigeria until Nnamdi Kanu started visiting.

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by StarOfDavid(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Devil's security service will not succeed. They are running a covert operation in Anambra state and the southeast to push us to carry arms so as to create a sense of insecurity aimed at deploying soldiers and declaring a state of emergency and blame it on IPOB.

That is the only option they have now because it is clear, Anambra election will fail and if it fails, it will have a ripple effect on 2019. Again, their quit notice failed and fell flat on their faces to their surprise hence they have been having nightmares of okonkwo chasing them in their dreams, so they have been very restless and having sleepless nights.

The north is very desperate now and they are searching for soft spots in the south especially in the S-south and the S-east to create insecurity. The same way it happened in the western region before the military struck...

You wonder why OBJ granted an interview yesterday about why there has not been a coup...It may sound coincidental but trust me, they are cooking up something somewhere that will backfire on them...God is with us and the blood of the innocent ones who have died unjustly will fight back..This battle is spiritual.

Lovers of freedom, wherever you are, be vigilant...The enemy is fighting his last battle. We will not give up biafra for anything not even in the face of death...

They will blackmail us in their media, lie against us, say things Nnamdi kanu did not say, twist the ones he said to fit their narratives,bring tv analyst that will analyse issues and events to suit their narrative to mislead the pubic.

They will create thousands of fake accounts on Facebook,twitter, Nairaland and other leading social media platforms with fake names, pretending to be igbo or Nigerdelta and would fight themselves online, post distorted narratives and lies all aimed at blackmailing the Igbos and dividing the S-east and the S-south.

they will bribe our leaders, elites, traditional rules and youth but they will all fail.

Ultimately they will kill us but we will never give up because Biafra we shall have,Biafra we shall live in,Biafra we shall die for and Biafra we shall be buried in.

My pity is just the yorubas because they think they are exempted....It is either they dont who was is coming or they are underestimating what is coming .Their mumu never do.

All hail Biafra!! Biafra till i die.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by PehaKaso: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
All these are happening simply because the people have decided to fully boycott the oncoming gubernatorial election in Anambra State.
This, in my opinion, is the handiwork of the Devil Secret Service. I stand with Asari Dokubo.
.................................... ProudlyNigerDeltan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Amberon11: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
What?
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Atiku2019: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Created a Monster cry
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by ojmaroni247(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dats serz
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Bossontop(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Again?? Haba......na wa ooo
Rip 2 d dead

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Zico5(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thank God the police were able to stop another ozubulu saga. These people will never stop their evil way. I know this incident will also be related to drug cos that is their pride and what they know how to do best. FG should direct all the security agent to be watching ipob churches or else they will fishish themselves sooner or later. Greedy set of people.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by 0b100100111: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
grin grin grin

Am glad development is now reaching Anambra. The self acclaimed 1st citizens of Biafra re now returning home to develop there state

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Oildichotomy(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
This is another slap on the face of the Biafrans.

There is more to all these clashes than meets the eyes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by emmymdk: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
Again?
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Victornezzar: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Sagay212:

keep deceiving yourself. you ipods are hungry, lazy and senseless. continue to attack your own people and steal from them just to donate to kanu. una eyes go soon clear
oh just shut it
Kanu has been giving you guys sleepless nights since 2000BC
any news that's not biafra related, u guys would just start blaming Kanu

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Antoeni(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
What is really happening to Gods houses
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Atiku2019: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
swiz123:
What could be the reason behind this attacks on the church? Could it be that nnamdi kanu is right? Is it a deliberate attempt to dissuade biafrans

Attempt by Who?

Oga leave matter we all know it's an internal affair

12 Likes

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Sunymoore(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Choii! What's up with all these church attacks? Ehn..? I think the attackers are finding the churches as a soft spot for carrying out their devilish acts
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by tripoli007(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
Jobless Igbos at work again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed by cocoberry(f): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Not again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo Exposed By Yvonne Ogiamien, Her Childhood Friend / Apostle Suleman On Coronavirus: "Permit Us To Heal & Pray For COVID-19 Patients" / 2021 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.