Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" (17965 Views)

Northern Governors Forum, Reps To Buhari: Sack Service Chiefs Now / Presidential Tribunal: We Have Enough Evidence For Buhari’s Sack – Atiku / Sack Magu Now – Wike Charges Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by akpanoka: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
The Governor of Ondo state, Rotimi Akeredolu has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Commission (EFCC) and replace him with a more competent and generally acceptable candidate. The Governor who made the call when he featured on a radio programme anchored on Saturday by Fresh FM Ibadan stated that his position was based on his rejection by the Senate.

Gov. Akeredolu explained that they are over 1, 001 persons who can effectively discharge the duties of the Chairman of the Commission. He said the legal tussle on whether the Chairman of the Commission needed to be cleared by the Senate was unnecessary since there was an established practice.

According to him “... my take on this is: If the Senate did not need to clear him, why was his name sent there in the first instance? The Presidency must clear the air on that. Then the argument changed that his clearance is in the EFCC Act and not in the constitution. But it is there.Is the Act in conflict with the constitution? If it is not, then you have to apply it. It is a gray area for now and needs the imprimatur of the Supreme Court to decide where we go from there.

The Supreme Court can ask the question: Have you had an EFCC chairman who was not cleared by the Senate? That can be raised. It can say then we have established a convention that he must be cleared. The clearance is provided for in the EFCC Act and so why don’t we go by it?"

“The Supreme Court can also explain if the provision in the EFCC Act is in conflict with the constitution it will explain how that happens. We have wonderful Judges everywhere and the way we give interpretation is different. It may be subjective For me, I know what I believe. I don’t see any reason for instance why the clearance must not be sought. If the Senate decides it will not clear Magu, then the Presidency should pick another person,” he added.

https://vigil360.com.ng/politics/20-featured/1962-sack-magu-now-over-1,001-people-can-do-the-job,-gov-akeredolu-tells-president-buhari.html

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by thundafire: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dy infected ear no go hear ooo,now u re to be tagged enemy of APC watch out

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by ZombieTAMER: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
Buhari believes in deadlock
Any peaceful resolution is off his table

Buhari is badluck personified

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by rose54321: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
Well I guess the case is for Magu to clear himself. If the dSS can submit a discrediting report to the Senate's it's incumbent on Mr. Magu to prove himself innocent or be replaced.

I know it's all really politics, some powers that be want him changed, though as Mr Akeredolu put it; a precedence has been set and should be followed. Clearance should be sought from the senate or the Constitution amended.

8 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by BlackMbakara1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
Why is the common man not demanding for Magu to be sacked...something is fishy somewhere.

Ask the guy below me, he will tell you more.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by deji17: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2017
Corruption is seriously fighting back. Saraki is that you? Your puppet Akeredolu has spoken

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by aolawale025: 1:10am On Aug 14, 2017
I hope they heed his advise.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by fergie001: 1:20am On Aug 14, 2017
Akeredolu and Saraki,hmmmm

But I thought some e-rats here accuses and abuses anyone who says "sack magu."
Akeredolu is APC,wetin we go call am?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Siddeek: 3:33am On Aug 14, 2017
Even if everyone can do the job, it is magu that we want. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by dokiOloye(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2017
Buhari's ear infection is still ongoing.
He can't hear well yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by akpanoka: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
rose54321:
Well I guess the case is for Magi to clear himself. If the dSS can submit a discrediting report to the Senate's it's incumbent on Mr. Magu to prove himself innocent or be replaced.

I know it's all really politics, some powers that be want him changed, though as Mr Akeredolu put it; a precedence has been set and should be followed. Clearance should be sought from the senate or the Constitution amended.

I think Magu goofed when he had the opportunity to clear himself. At his confirmation, the Senate drew his attention to the allegations made by the DSS and asked him to comment. all he said was that he had replied the query to the Presidency.

if he was not guilty, he would have cleared himself instantly and even rubbished DSS Report.

but he relied solely on what lawyers wrote for him to forward to the President. he doesn't even know the content, he would have released some for the senators.

his performance was even woeful, abysmal, below average. i like his guts, but im sure his children will not be proud of what they saw, if they actually watched him.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by NothingDoMe: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2017
The matter surprise me the way "the presidency" hold on to magu as if the world go end if magu nor work the work.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by tekkers22(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Why is the common man not demanding for Magu to be sacked...something is fishy somewhere.

U too?
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Yellok996(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2017
aolawale025:
I hope they heed his advise.
grin grin grin
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by ShitHead(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2017
Magun will fall on anyone that sacks Magu.
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2017
Interesting twist.

Anybody can actually do the job but has "anybody" being tested to be trusted?

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by yeyeboi(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by maxiuc(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2017
That's none of our business

If this man was from the south we know he could have been replaced since

So much divination in this APC government

APC is never a liberal party no
APC is a sectional party and look at how they are messing around

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by magoo10(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2017
Sacking magu is the way to go and not this executive rigmarole being exhibited by the deaf and dumb govt.
governments all over the world build strong institutions and not strong men just like magu meant to feel.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Abfinest007(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2017
I don de suspect u since

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by AuroraB(f): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2017
Mind your Ondo State undecided

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by three: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2017
Who is he telling?

Buhari or Bayo Omoboriowo his photographer?

Or the UK doctor that ordered Buhari to stay in England?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Aburi001: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
Buhari believes in deadlock
Any peaceful resolution is off his table

Buhari is badluck personified
WAILER!!! tongue
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Jaytecq(m): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2017
#OurMumuDonDo

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2017
It is not about having thousands of others who can do the job its about who ever Buhari think fit into his anti corruption plans. He has right to his judgement, he has right to ignore our opinion if he thinks it is best.

However, if after 4years we find his opinion to be greatly deficient then we do the needful by voting him out.
Thank God for Democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by omusiliyu(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2017
Is EFCC Ondo state property?

Mr. whitebeard, face what you're elected to govern

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Thisis2raw(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2017
There's nothing stable about Apc, problem here, argument there

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by Awoo88: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2017
rose54321:
Well I guess the case is for Magi to clear himself. If the dSS can submit a discrediting report to the Senate's it's incumbent on Mr. Magu to prove himself innocent or be replaced.

Clearance had been sought and not given. Magu should not be there. Not that he is doing anything meaningful as far as persecuting corrupt cases are concern but what ever gain the efcc will make will be a useless if he is still in charge
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by kings09(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2017
Una just de wake
Re: Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" by haveadream: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2017
The common man have spoken through their Senators except you are asking the country to conduct a referendum which has never happened when an EFCC chairman is being appointed.

BlackMbakara1:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How We Plan To Create 100,000 Jobs In Nigeria — UK Govt / Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe / 2000 PDP Members Will Welcome Buhari To Ebonyi – Gov Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.