Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban (30769 Views)

Meagan Good Called 'Ungodly' For Posing In Bikini. She Replies / Pregnant Tboss: Daddy Freeze Slams The Lady that Exposed Pictures In A Clinic / Uti Nwachukwu slams Pastor Mike Winning For Cursing BBNaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2017
pweetiedee:

He should ban seductive dressing, not aso ebi.

Aso ebi is traditional. Aso ebi is part of our culture. It makes the wedding beautiful and colorful.

It isn't by force to wed in redeem, there are other churches, there are courts too.

Obey Gods commandment, not pastors doctrines.

Wetin concern God with Aso ebi. Its indecent dressing that he doesn't like.
abi ooo, every culture has its own way of performing marriage rights don't try and impose what you think is the right way.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by pweetiedee(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2017
AuroraB:
Before you come attacking Freeze, however dowdy Mummy GO's suit appears, no be Dubai e be ooooo cool. Na Turkey and on a regular wink
*sipstea* kiss

Abi oo
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2017
TheHistorian:
This Psychopath again!

Well, he may or may not be a psychopath, but please focus on his argument rather than his personality.
Jesus did not frown on drinking wine. Does Adeboye know more than Jesus ?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by cstr1000: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2017
pweetiedee:

He should ban seductive dressing, not aso ebi.

Aso ebi is traditional. Aso ebi is part of our culture. It makes the wedding beautiful and colorful.

It isn't by force to wed in redeem, there are other churches, there are courts too.

Obey Gods commandment, not pastors doctrines.

Wetin concern God with Aso ebi. Its indecent dressing that he doesn't like.
God does not like worldliness and ostentiatious display of pride and vanity.
Aso-ebi most times is a means of displaying pride and '' na we dey reign'' syndrome.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Lopon1(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2017
If only people can read and understand what they read, we won't hav all des issues and failure in exams.
is there any other way dia freeze guy can be relevant on social media?
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by ayooluniran(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2017
Those who understand certain things about how the dark world and marine powers operate against marriages will know why some churches ban the use of jewellery, rings and things like aso ebi.

If you join in putting on same clothes to a wedding or any function, and the people who brought up the idea to put on a uniform are into witchcraft......then you automatically get initiated if you join on putting it on. These are deep spiritualspiritual matters. But how many Christians are sound enough to discern which is inspired by the dark kingdoms and which is not. .......so as a spiritual leader.....the best thing he did was to ban it. Mind you, aso ebi is traditional. Though not evil, it could be used to perpetrate evil.

I'm not a member of redeem Sha!
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by toolovely(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2017
why are people always have selective perceptive.... why do Nigerians always read the headlines and not the details knowing how Nigerian journalists are?

She said “There have been reports that some members of some parishes in the church that cannot afford to buy some of these Aso Ebi’s have been exempted from some church functions.

“Such un-Christianly act of keeping church members out of programmes because of Aso ebi, must never be heard of again among the women in the church.

and the order was specifically for Church functions.... The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, has stopped its members from using compulsory uniform also known as Aso Ebi at church functions..

i'm not a member of the rccg but we should always understand issues before attacking people....

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Ucheizzy(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2017
oh my my! The foolishness of this freeze is amazing to me.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by chuckdee4(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2017
I'm an RCCG member but Daddy Freeze makes a very valid point.
I question a lot of these practices in the Church, let's not forget its men like you and me who make these rules
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Well, he may or may not be a psychopath, but please focus on his argument rather than his personality.
Adeboye be contending for the post of Jesus, hahaha! Military government has taught us all how to give orders. Absolute power corrupts!
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by seangy4konji: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2017
I think people are getting it all wrong. What the pastor banned was gathering of reddemers or event and making it compulsory for all attendees or in same group to wear aso ebi that there are some low income earners who might not be able to afford it within the church and usually exempted so it should be banned from the church. Not weddings or your personal stuff.

Let's learn to read to understand before we jump.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by chuckdee4(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2017
OBku4:

I'm sure this freeze man didn't get to read the reason for d ban before commenting.
I applaud the step taken by redeem church.

the ban was not for people wearing aso ebi to church, but for group wearing... to stop compulsory sewing/buying of uniform aso ebi's

I'll say, its bloggers I blame... who try to twist things so as to get traffic

Thanks for the clarification, puts a different spin to the whole thing
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by pweetiedee(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2017
cstr1000:

God does not like worldliness and ostentiatious display of pride and vanity.
Aso-ebi most times is a means of displaying pride and '' na we dey reign'' syndrome.

Nope.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by dstar01(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=0b100100111 post=59457525]

Bitter-truth!

obviously one of the reasons Jesus said its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by tukdi: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2017
SouthwestNigga:
How?
Do you even know what's called Aso ebi from that ur location?
grincheesygrincheesy
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by gbishman: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2017
Its high time we have someone courageous to challenge some these men of God, The bible is there for us to consult by our won.
No two people can understand the bible the same way.
Our lord Jesus Christ did these things and never said they were sinful, he only said we do it in moderation, so who are we to contravene what the lord has ordered.
Humans put on your thinking cap and stop acting like zombies read and seek knowledge.
Nice calling out Freeze
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by doctorbabs(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2017
I totally concur with daddy freeze, let them show us biblical verses that backed this, what has aso e bi got to do on ones faith. Anyway, christianity wasnt created by jesus let alone wrote any bible.in addition, alot of his pastors drink beer
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Bhella5(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2017
0b100100111:
The point is that in as much as it's to allow the low income earners to participate at such function, then same should apply to Redeemers University. School fees should be slashed to also accommodate low income earners

What's good for the goose is good for the gander
you have just killed it. I owe you a chilled bottle of Trophy. The issue of schools run by these churches should also be reviewed. Look at Convenant University, Redeemers University et al. How many of these church members can afford to send their wards to such expensive schools eh?
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by ransomed: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2017
There must be distinction between the church of christ and the people of the world. If banning aso ebi will remove worldliness among christ followers then let it be.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by ngwababe(f): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
ShitHead:
This useless Freeze's tongue will soon freeze one day.
One day bro...

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by SmartMugu: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
LolaO:
This Bloggers and the way they mislead people.

Oga Freeze, the Asoebi that was banned is the one used in the church for church programs e.g. Women programs, usher programs etc, they usually sew Ankara (asoebi) and mandate every member to wear to these programs. This is what was banned in RCCG. Stop misleading people

So, church members actually come up with me funds for these clothes? I thought the church pays for that.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Religion the accepted insanity
Religion was made when the first con man met the first fool
Ade..abi what is his name looking for how to trend
Tell him, he is not speeddarlington
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Abee79(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Cheap attention seeker angry angry angry angry angry
Let be continue drinking my sugarcane jare . . .

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Dude..people drank wine far nore than they drank water in those days. The easiest way to die in those days was to drink water. Wine, especially alcoholic was taken more to it'd anti biotic properties than for leisure. It wasn't until the introduction of modern purification methods that drinking water became safe. In Europe the Germans doused their meal with stale beer. In France sour wine.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Jesus probably lived longer because he drank wine. People do not realise two thousand years ago was a very loooong time ago.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by itzamy: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2017
tukdi:

grincheesygrincheesy
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by jasonjayden: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2017
Freeze should just freeze his mouth, I was a passive member of the church but the understand because it happened to me and it was embarrassing. I was in the good women group, paid all my dues even in advance. They had a conference and sold aso ebi and I wasn't aware of the dress code, I dressed very well but because I wasn't wearing their colour (smh) see shifting as if I carry poo for body, all of us without the aso ebi dey one side while even your so called church friends do like say them no know person. I just got up carry my bag and left. No time for nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Treash(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2017
We are all misconceiving RCCG. The said ban was extended to those who mount pressures on members to acquire aso abi only for Church functions, and not social occasions. According to her, Aso Ebi which should ordinarily be for the family, must not be elevated to the point of making it to overshadow the spiritual life of the congregants, or beyond what they could afford. She noticed that some women in RCCG sidelined because they can't afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Hussainvictor12: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2017
grin grin grin
ojimbo:
Why can't there be a platform for arguments and practicals before arriving to conclusion when it comes to Religion. How can one man just stand and be talking out of his mere imagination and expect other intelligent people within to accept his view without praticals and conclusions.
This remind how i was passing along one church within my street and heard the pastor preaching. I just lost control and didn't know when i shouted, its a lie! And the congregation were all looking at me like. "Where did this devil came out from. We rebuke you"
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by WhoIBe: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2017
NO more Aso ebi, then no more.... Must u guys cry over it. Na wa

Church say dem no need am, una dey ask question. No more means no more, Period.

No one is owned any explanation.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Bgorgeous: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2017
we dont practice christianity in this country
what we do here is religion
worship our pastors
Jesus fed 5000 people , right now ! 5million people are feeding one man and his family
hipocrites
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by oyienootieno: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Old age don dey worry Daddy GO...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peace Hyde Covers Nu People Magazine / Moji Olaiya Meets Ooni Of Ogunwusi At His Palace / Yvonne Jegede Calls Yvonne Nelson An Attention Seeker On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.