Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada (7509 Views)

Used 2004/05 Iveco 720E42 Eurotrakker 6 X 4 Trailer Head truck 4sale. Pics / 2000 Vw Golf 4 From Cotonou;price:928k Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098 / Neat 2007 Nissan Pathfinder 4 X 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Devonian(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2010
As the above title suggests, does anyone know how much, aprroximately, would it cost me to ship a 4 x 4 from Ontario into Lagos? Please advise. And, if you can recommend any reliable shipping agents that would equally be great.
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2010
Shipping from Canada aint fun at all.
Cos if u have only one car to be shipped, you are either gonna have to use one 20Ft container or consolidate with other people.
20 Ft container is like 2400USD
Consolidation from there is like 1400USD
Transit time is like 6 weeks and could be more.
However, if consolidation, during clearing, when one is not ready, could delay everyone else.

Hope i have been able to shed little lite for you?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Devonian(m): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ Fhemmmy: Thanks for promptly responding to this information request. You seem to be in the auto industry. If you are and operate from Canada can you leave me your email, please.
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2010
We operate out of USA and Canada.
For more info and concerns: Femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by honeyguy(m): 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
hey,
i always export from toronto,canada and you have to either share a container with someone or take a 20ft or 40ft container yourself and the cost depends on the shipping line and its anywhere between $4000 to $5000
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeyguy:

hey,
i always export from toronto,canada and you have to either share a container with someone or take a 20ft or 40ft container yourself and the cost depends on the shipping line and its anywhere between $4000 to $5000

I have heard so many clearing agents complains about rides being in Container and therefore charged more money to clear them, compared to rides RoRo
How true is this?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by honeyguy(m): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
theres no RORO in Canada, you have to ship in container
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeyguy:

theres no RORO in Canada, you have to ship in container

I never said there are RoRo in canada, re-read my post Sir.
By the way, there s RoRo in Canada, u only need to know the right contacts and what province is going from. . . . and what you are shipping grin
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by honeyguy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
they tell you there is RoRO in Canada and its only from Halifax, Nova Scotia but if you call them they'll tell you they wont do it and we talking about shipping cars
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeyguy:

they t.ell you there is RoRO in Cnada and its only from Halifax, Nova Scotia but if you call them they'll tell you they wont do it and we talking about shipping cars

All depends on people you are dealing with bro . . . . I do ship out of USA regularly as well as from Canada, cos there are some cars that we buy from Canada, while we buy other from here.
BTW . . . . when i was asking about the difference in clearing btw RoRo and Containerized rides, i was not even referring to Canada's shipment to Nija.
My only problem with shipping from Canada to Nigeria are:
1. It is not straightforward at all - the shipping agents has too much up their sleeves, and lies too much
2. Too expensive
3. Consolidation is annoying cos you coud be tied with our boyz that stole the rides
4. The transit time is too long.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by nyrol(m): 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
@Fhemmmy, you know why i like you? Its simple, you are always willing to help anybody, u look after pple as if you paid to do so. Anyway my trust in you will take a new twist in some few weeks time, you know what i mean now, lets gooooooo there!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by ibileye(f): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ Fhemmy can u recommend shipping company, am shipping out of maryland.
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Devonian(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
i'm lost! what is roro?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
nyrol:

@Fhemmmy, you know why i like you? Its simple, you are always willing to help anybody, u look after pple as if you paid to do so. Anyway my trust in you will take a new twist in some few weeks time, you know what i mean now, lets gooooooo there!

Oga Mi Sir,
Thanks for the great comment, i just blv that Auto Section on Nairaland is a big family and we got to get each other's back.
I am sure we will get there by His grace.

ibileye:

@ Fhemmy can u recommend shipping company, am shipping out of maryland.

Grimaldi, AES, they are all good . . . .for more info and concerns: Femmmy.moto@gmail.com

Devonian:

i'm lost! what is roro?

No need to be lost my Chief, it is very simple.
RoRo = Roll on Roll off, it is the term for cars that are not in the container, but bare on the ship.
Container is the one inside the container . . . .hope you understand now, Sir.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by ibileye(f): 5:06am On Feb 16, 2010
Can u give me the number for Grimaldi, pls.
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by johnkent(m): 5:38am On Feb 16, 2010
Trying to ship a 2007 Nissan Murano from San Francisco to lagos, how much would that cost? Thanks
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by nnamex(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
No need to be lost my Chief, it is very simple.
RoRo = Roll on Roll off, it is the term for cars that are not in the container, but bare on the ship.
Container is the one inside the container . . . .hope you understand now, Sir.
Good luck

@fhemmy How do i ship ro/ro from canada? can you help?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by bola2014: 5:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Our company is here in Canada

We do RO-RO via New york City at baltimore instead of taking it through HALIFAX in Canada, our office is located in Niagara falls which is a border town BTW new york and Ontario,

Please contact us if you would need us to ship a car for u to lagos Ro-Ro, we take them through new york

please send us email at omobolaji18@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by OKEMKPI: 12:00am On Feb 13, 2015
I want t buy a truck from canada. The truck cannot enter container,can I send it RORO?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:57am On Feb 13, 2015
OKEMKPI:
I want t buy a truck from canada. The truck cannot enter container,can I send it RORO?

What kind of truck are you buying and what part of Canada?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by OKEMKPI: 5:39am On Feb 13, 2015
Fhemmmy:

What kind of truck are you buying and what part of Canada?

It is Mitsubishi fuso truck with a container like carriage back from Ontario

Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by USAutoBuy(m): 6:58am On Feb 13, 2015
OKEMKPI:

This vehicle CAN POSSIBLY enter a container if the tyres are removed. The width of the back container body MIGHT create a problem and wont enter a container.

You should consider getting from the US and ship RORO. With that, you wont run the risk of getting stuck with unnecessary trucking charge if you buy in Canada

Good luck out there
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by OKEMKPI: 7:17am On Feb 13, 2015
USAutoBuy:

This vehicle CAN POSSIBLY enter a container if the tyres are removed. The width of the back container body MIGHT create a problem and wont enter a container.

You should consider getting from the US and ship RORO. With that, you wont run the risk of getting stuck with unnecessary trucking charge if you buy in Canada

Good luck out there

Are u saying that RORO for this truck from canada if it cannot be containerized is ruled out?
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by USAutoBuy(m): 9:52am On Feb 13, 2015
If i am not mistaken, my understanding is that there is no RORO from Canada (I stand to be corrected). The issue is that if it has be be shipped RORO, it will be transported to New York which translates to unnecessary cost unless if you have bought the car already

If its not bought yet, you should seriously consider buying from the states to eliminate extra trucking charge

Good luck
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
OKEMKPI:

Get the measurement, like height, width and length, then weight across to me and we take it from there.
Re: Cost Of Shipping 4 X 4 From Ontario, Canada by Chukwudi254(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Contact me for customs clearance in Lagos. Cars and general cargo

(1) (Reply)

Massey Ferguson Agricultural Tractor For Sale @ 2 Million / Lexus Es 300 ( Hid Lights, Leather, Memory Seats, Navigation ) / Toyota Highlander Suv 2002 Model 4 Cylinder Eng N2.2million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.