Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall (14570 Views)

Pay Our Salary Arrears, Teachers Beg Rivers Govt / Kaduna Doctors Tell El-rufai To Correct Shortfall In Salaries / FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2017
THE Federal Government has approved the sum of N44 billion for payment of backlog of promotion arrears, salary shortfalls and other staff claims owed to public servants since 2012.

Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita, made this known during an interactive session with civil servants at the Public Service Institute, Kubwa, Abuja as part of activities marking the 2017 Federal Civil Service Week.

She explained that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) had already approved the marshal plan by the Federal Ministry of Finance on how to settle the staff outstanding claims and arrears.

Oyo-Ita, noted that while the sum of N30 billion was set aside for the payment of outstanding promotion arrears owed workers since 2012, the government earmarked additional N14 billion for payment of salary shortfall for affected Ministries, Departments and Agencies ( MDAs).

She also pledged to ensure digitisation of the full content of the public service operations in order to make for more efficiency and transparency in the service delivery to the nation.

She said: “Records revealed that the outstanding claims and arrears owed public servants had accumulated as far back as 2012 during which period the nation was in funding surplus but the allowances could not be paid.”

“However, in the past couple of months, we have had series of engagement with the Presidency, the National Assembly and relevant MDAs for the payment of our outstanding promotion arrears and other entitlement.”

“These engagement have culminated to the commencement of the payment of outstanding promotion areas in tranches.”

“The Office of the Accountant General of the Federation under directive has issued a Circular for MDAs to individually submit their accumulated promotion arrears which will be credited directly to your accounts.”

“In the same vein, His Excellency, the Ag. President has equally directed the Budget Office of the Federation and the Federal Ministry of Finance to put in place modalities for the settlement of our other outstanding allowances, this is in top gear and a Circular would be issued in due course to intimate us on the payment plans.”

“Again, in line with this Administrations drive on accountability, each beneficiary will have their payment credited directly to his/her account.”

“It is pertinent at this juncture that I acknowledge the effort of the various Unions towards the amicable resolution of this matter and pray for continued cordial relationships as partners in progress,” she said.

While urging workers to reciprocate the gesture of the current of President Muhammadu Buhari and the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, who have shown great commitment to the welfare of workers, the Head of Service said civil servants could no longer continue to conduct government business in the manner which has brought the Civil Service much disrepute.

She insisted that workers must individually and collectively as “efficient, productive, incorruptible and citizen-centred public servants embrace this change for us, our children and generations unborn”.

“We have to rededicate ourselves to the aspirations of the current administration to achieve a national economy that we shall all be proud of. But I want to assure you, that the Federal Government is working assiduously to ensure the betterment of our work environment and service conditions,” she said.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/fg-approves-n44-billion-workers-promotion-arrears-salary-shortfall/

Can this be true for once

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by smartty68(m): 8:11am On Aug 14, 2017
Make it happened already and stop media showoffs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by hardywaltz(m): 8:11am On Aug 14, 2017
Sai Baba
Even from ur sick bed u are making us proud that is why the children of hate are angry

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 14, 2017
SAI BABA.. SAI OSINBAJO...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:13am On Aug 14, 2017
hardywaltz:
Sai Baba
Even from ur sick bed u are making us proud that is why the children of hate are angry
TheCabal:
SAI BABA.. SAI OSINBAJO...

Sai Baba ko...SAI Osibande ni....my own is, can this be true for once....Can they pls release my 1yr salary arrears+ my first 28days....make I put am for my piggery biz.....
Ah swear I need dat money like yesterday....

7 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Nbote(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2017
Oya ooo, sarrki and co com and self-service away...
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by smartty68(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2017
hardywaltz:
Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by hardywaltz(m): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

Sai Baba ko...SAI Osibande ni....my own is, can this be true for once....Can they pls release my 1yr salary arrears+ my first 28days....make I put am for my piggery biz.....
Most MDAs have been paid their arrears both promotional arrears, transfer allowance and first 28th days

8 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=smartty68 post=59455368][/quote]
Who you want mk de dog bite The poster @hardywaltz ,person wey de sick bed, ass lickers or children of hate
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2017
hardywaltz:

Most MDAs have been paid their arrears both promotional arrears, transfer allowance and first 28th days
Ours is for 2014 and we have not been paid + first 28days

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by PatriotTemidayo: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

You're not alone. Arrears since 2015 till date.

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by smartty68(m): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

Who you want mk de dog bite The poster @hardywaltz ,person wey de sick bed, ass lickers or children of hate
All of them including you too
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by PatriotTemidayo: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2017
hardywaltz:

Don't say what you're not sure of.

If you say some, I agree. But to say most, Abeg to differ.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by smartty68(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

Seventeen months now no salary, I feel like starting a war undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2017
smartty68:

All of them including you too
Melol y naaa.... Abeg I no well, Na my salaries I de wait for oOoo
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2017
smartty68:

Seventeen months now no salary, I feel like starting a war undecided
Don't get u...u mean u've been owed 17months

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by tsdarkside(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

why dont you bother jonathan about that..??....was buhari in charge in 2012 already....you wailers dont blaim jonathan for anything but a muslim you gladly blaim because you cant wipe your ass yourself after you take a poo in the toilet....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

You're not alone. Arrears since 2015 till date.
2015 till date This one bad oOoo...but am sure u av other tins running for u right

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by smartty68(m): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

Don't get u...u mean u've been owed 17months
Yes
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2017
tsdarkside:

why dont you bother jonathan about that..??....was buhari in charge in 2012 already....you wailers dont blaim jonathan for anything but a muslim you gladly blaim because you cant wipe your ass yourself after you take a poo in the toilet....
Bro don't bring in religious and political sentiments into every argument
Look, there is no vacuum in government, once an office is empty by whatever means , it is immediately replaced....I was owed by the PRESIDENCY regardless of who is the figure head then and now...dat arrears is wat I seek!

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Skanas(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2017
smartty68:

Yes
Whop! Dats deep!....but don't start no war bro...invest that energy somewhere else...agric if u ask me...check agric section...lot of good guys there

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by hardywaltz(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Don't say what you're not sure of.

If you say some, I agree. But to say most, Abeg to differ.

Skanas:

Ours is for 2014 and we have not been paid + first 28days

Mine is 2015 (transfer allowance) and we have paid even those that were owed since 2013 have all been paid.
My friends in other agencies PPPRA NAFDAC & NIMASA also confirmed that they have had their outstandings been paid

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by alajj1(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Nbote:
Oya ooo, sarrki and co com and self-service away...

grin grin
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Hardeysolution(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2017
Are ASUU members entitled to this please.. .
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by PassingShot(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2017
Even in times of lack?

God bless PMB/PYO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by ngwaba(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Another lie from this government. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by Charisdesigns: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2017
Know anyone who is thinking about building a house? We will work with them from initial concept to final print! Weather they know who their builder is or are still shopping
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by austinvsb1(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2017
smartty68:

Yes

This jobless secondary school student! Where and who do you work for that gives you soo much time to be on nairaland almost 24/7 defending fayose and other PDP thieves?
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by smartty68(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2017
austinvsb1:

This jobless secondary school student
This jobful primary school student
Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by DjAndroid: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2017
And the new minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall by godchildjayboy(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2017
Skanas:

Boss how lucrative is the piggery business's, if I want to venture into it. Like how much capital would I need.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Access Bank Staff Salary (insider) / Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.