Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico (44457 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti Gets Red Card, Sent Off By Referee In Match(Photos) / Franck Ribery Faces Ban For Pushing Referee After Serie A Match (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo React To Five Matches Ban Given To Him, Say It Is "Ridiculous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by adjoviomole(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
MrEgghead:
Really,Messi performed very well that season;he was even the top scorer that season. Even Barcelona as a team didn't do badly that year,they were eliminated in the semi final...Inter Milan won it so many great players of that team performing as much as sneldner....Milito and Eto'o comes to mind...Statistically, No one was close to Messi that season..If world cup was to be a rationale,Ronaldo shouldn't have won it in 2014 world cup..Always remember that when issue of 2010 world cup comes to your mind...
As a true fan of football,I admire a lot of great players;They are numerous.
I think many people in Nigeria based on affiliation with Man united are more biased towards Ronaldo;I'M VERY SURE YOU'RE A UNITED FAN.
Both are great players with distinct abilities but incontrovertiblely a sincere mind who has consistently watched them knows Messi offers more to Barcelona than Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
Ronaldo is prolific as much as Messi in front of goal no doubt.But when it comes Creativity,dribbles,Sublime passes and Over all player,Messi is irrefutably above.You could misconstrue Messi for a central midfielder atimes.
Ofcourse,Both are stupendously Rich ,Influential and fulfilled,so why should I be biased when It doesn't change anything; None even know me.
To be frank,Messi Influences the game better.But Ballon d"or is now all about who wins more trophies between the two in which I think the team collectively contribute a lot.

World best is given based on individual performance.,... When Spain won their first world cup, iniesta should have won the works best that year. Messi was given why? Because he had more goals than any other player...... It was on messi this controversy started from...... Look back to other players that have won it, Ronaldinho, Zidane, etc it was not on how many goals scored but in their performance and end result(trophy)
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Jammiiee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Abeg komot hia angry

For ucl messi was leading in goals fore front
Ronaldo tool his team single handedly at the big games. Finished Atletico Madrid, fi sized bayern Munich still went to the final to finish Juventus and hot the highest goals scorer as usual.

In laliga he didn't feature that much but still contributed immensely with his goals. One of the top scorers

Very partial angry
oluwadare26:
Cristiano was unable to control his emotions... too bad for him

I think football is now turning to something else. The way players are awarded the prestigious "world best award" is too bad.

World best award should be based on individual performances not that a world best would hide under the shadow of his teammates to shine.

It's obvious the next award favorite is Ronaldo, but how do you explain the fact that he doesn't have a better statistics ahead of Messi.

Messi created more chances, more take-on, more dribbles, more successful passes, more assists, more goals, more fouls on Messi but he's not the favorite coz of trophies won by Ronaldo. Mind you, trophies are collected efforts of team not a sole player.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Neymar1095(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
As much as i appreciate Ronaldo as a footballer his maturity is that of a three year old...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Kaxmytex(m): 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
if u guyz want to talk of bad officiating

bayern vs madrid jux crossed mah mind
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Samsonklin(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Afam4eva:
That's good to know even though i feel the red card was not deserved.

UP Barca.
you are a true football fan.
#halamadrid
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Sportnow: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
For your latest football � News always visit www.sportnow.ga
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Samsonklin(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
oluwadare26:

I think football is now turning to something else. The way players are awarded the prestigious "world best award" is too bad.

World best award should be based on individual performances not that a world best would hide under the shadow of his teammates to shine.

It's obvious the next award favorite is Ronaldo, but how do you explain the fact that he doesn't have a better statistics ahead of Messi.

Messi created more chances, more take-on, more dribbles, more successful passes, more assists, more goals, more fouls on Messi but he's not the favorite coz of trophies won by Ronaldo. Mind you, trophies are collected efforts of team not a sole player.

oga, if you want the award, I come and collect it
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by meforyou1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
Man of dat match was the ref. Suarez dives and he awards the penalty. Ronaldo falls and he's shown a second yellow for diving. If na me i for beat shege comot from dat ref
Ronaldo even scored a clear goal earlier but was disallowed. Even a naija ref can't be so blatantly partial
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by meforyou1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
oluwadare26:

is football an individual game?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by DJMCOTTY(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's the biggie?
That referee deserved a flying kick and an uppercut sef.

What's the biggie?
He'd still end the season as LaLiga's top scorer,
He will still become a new dad this year
And retain the title of World's Best.
Like he ended last season as the highest top scorer abi?

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by direx100: 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
ddippset:
you nor dey watch ball abi na only community shielshield you dey watch? real madrid against bayern munich we witnessed the worst officiating in the history of football. as for la liga go and ask followers of la liga. real madrid benefitted so much from refereeing decisions last season. it's all not a problem o, but just stop saying referees are favouring barca over madrid, it makes you sound very ignorant.

Only a Barcelona fan will type a sh*t like this. Stop being ignorant.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Myself2(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's the biggie?

What's the biggie?

Ah swear, Ronaldo for woze the wimpish ref from behind,then collect the stupid ban
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by pepereina: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
What Messi wouldn't do! Ronaldo, I like u but sometimes your attitude irritates me.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by jamboloun: 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yeah I kissagree wit u. I think dats onw if d area FIFA would actually look at

[/quote]
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by samisj4real(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
oluwadare26:

God bless people who are football lovers dat are not sentimental about it, all RONALDO'S fans are full of sentiments, why should u love football & keep comparing ronaldo & MESSI.
It baffles me @all time, tho i know deep down ur heart u know there is a KING & a PRINCE..
Thumbs up 4 da person am quoting

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Rapahel1116: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Do u even know wat it means to create chances ?and u claim u know football?Suarez had more assist Dan neymar last season BT neymar was barcas best creative player .hazard was epls best creative player last season BT eriksen had more assist.RONALDO is not a creative player ...he never was ....he just had a bit of creativity in man utd
Elite1234:

Yet he kept getting assists. 195 in total. Watch videos on his creativity and stop typing nonsense. He even created chances Dan neymar but benzema is just the reason he has less assist Dan messi. Dats a fact and u would know if you do watch football.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by ThierryJay: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

Messi could not score until Suarez simulated and gifted the midget a penalty kick. Messi fails in Argentina but only succeeds in Barcelona. He has never won a senior national silverware for Argentina and has never played far from Xavi, Iniesta and Busquet. How then is he better than Ronaldo

Your analysis completely lacks objectivity. Your question just sounds like mockery rather than a product of logical reasoning

Messi could not score until Suarez simulated and gifted the midget a penalty kick

How does the above show that Messi is not better than CR7?. Ronaldo has been gifted more classico penalties than Messi. Messi has 24 classico goals while CR7 has 17 (shows who's boss of the tie). All those times CR7 did not score against Barca while Messi did, what do you have to say about that?

Messi fails in Argentina but only succeeds in Barcelona. He has never won a senior national silverware for Argentina

No greater lie has ever been penned down regarding the first statement in bold. He might not have won a senior national silverware with Argentina, but he is their highest goal scorer ever with over sixty goals. Three successive finals (World cup, two COPAs) during which he scored 11 goals (including many breathtaking ones) in total is not indicative of someone who has failed. On the contrary, it is a testament to Messi's brilliance as he was the team's protagonist throughout the tournaments. Being unlucky is not the same as being a failure. CR7 did not even play any prominent part in the final of the only tournament he won, (scored only 3 goals). If he was consistent, he would have replicated the feat at the Confed's cup.

and has never played far from Xavi, Iniesta and Busquet

Another lie. Messi' has played and wowed on the pitch many times without Xavi and Iniesta. Messi has more assists than Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets combined in barca. Refuting such a tepid comment like the one above is a no-brainer.

You are entitled to your opinion. However, your opinion should be based on valid arguments.

Merci
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by vickylincon(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
MrEgghead:
Really,Messi performed very well that season;he was even the top scorer that season. Even Barcelona as a team didn't do badly that year,they were eliminated in the semi final...Inter Milan won it so many great players of that team performing as much as sneldner....Milito and Eto'o comes to mind...Statistically, No one was close to Messi that season..If world cup was to be a rationale,Ronaldo shouldn't have won it in 2014 world cup..Always remember that when issue of 2010 world cup comes to your mind...
As a true fan of football,I admire a lot of great players;They are numerous.
I think many people in Nigeria based on affiliation with Man united are more biased towards Ronaldo;I'M VERY SURE YOU'RE A UNITED FAN.
Both are great players with distinct abilities but incontrovertiblely a sincere mind who has consistently watched them knows Messi offers more to Barcelona than Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
Ronaldo is prolific as much as Messi in front of goal no doubt.But when it comes Creativity,dribbles,Sublime passes and Over all player,Messi is irrefutably above.You could misconstrue Messi for a central midfielder atimes.
Ofcourse,Both are stupendously Rich ,Influential and fulfilled,so why should I be biased when It doesn't change anything; None even know me.
To be frank,Messi Influences the game better.But Ballon d"or is now all about who wins more trophies between the two in which I think the team collectively contribute a lot.

am not utd fan. though I admire Ronaldo cos of his work rate. but I also like Messi as well. but my point is in 2010, Sneidjer deserved it more than Messi. So saying ronaldo should not win it again even after winning both the league, champion league..not minding his goals in semi finals. If you are not been biased, you will agree he deserves it
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by vickylincon(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
MrEgghead:
Apart from goals,Ronaldo offers nothing to Real....That's clearly the difference between the two.
lol. did you know why they bought him?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Geeflow(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
oluwadare26:

get the f**k out of here you foolish sentimental fool, I really hate this kind people
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by wizemax(m): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's the biggie?

What's the biggie?

smiley
Cr7 always carrying his team along whether it's club or country - always making a difference
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by suso(m): 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
oluwadare26:

Success over activities

Are you settled?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by suso(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Dude ronaldo was never a creative player ....messi wasn't even a striker or a forward wen he started playing football ....he was a CAM or ronaldo is an inzhagi on steroids so if u like gv am freerole he won't contribute to d game more Dan Just scoring ..he was never creative ....though he was a little bit creative in man utd

The greatest mumu of all time...do you really know what creative means?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Eeroh95(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
oluwadare26:

please just STFU
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by em3r4ld(m): 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
ESIXLOVE:
that ballon d'or was awarded on January 2014 and mind you he won the super cup for 2012/2013 season so it wasn't a no-trophy award afterall.

When smb like Ribery went home with a treble, helped France qualify for W/C but never got Balon D'or, while CR7, who struggled to qualify on play offs, without any major trophy, got an extension in voting and Balon D'or .

Balon D'or is a joke!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by brightnonso: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2017
MrEgghead:
Apart from goals,Ronaldo offers nothing to Real....That's clearly the difference between the two.
As a striker,if not goals what else do you want to offer? to be picking balls and running running round the pitch... get sense
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by ponziponzi(m): 12:12am On Aug 15, 2017
em3r4ld:

When smb like Ribery went home with a treble, helped France qualify for W/C but never got Balon D'or, while CR7, who struggled to qualify on play offs, without any major trophy, got an extension in voting and Balon D'or .

Balon D'or is a joke!!

In that case Messi should throw away all his Balon D'or trophies.

Come January, CR7 will add to the collections.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by ESIXLOVE: 12:40am On Aug 15, 2017
em3r4ld:

Balon D'or is a joke!!
please was it the Frank Ribery that scored 11 goals in all competitions for bayern 2012/2013 season or was it another? Mind you the 2013 ballon D'or was given on the 13th of January which covers performance for the late part of 2012/2013 season and early part of 2013/2014 season.

Are you kidding me!

If France doesn't qualify for W/C who will?
With or without Ribery France would still have qualified for W/C but you can't imagine a Portuguese team without CR7.

I rest my case!

Please let me know which part you don't understand.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by theNOISEmaker: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2017
MrEgghead:
and without the goals real madrid wouldn't have win anything.. difference
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by ddeola: 6:56am On Aug 15, 2017
They are just victimizing the guy for NOTHING, that wasn't a push perse. Yes he touched the referee but not push as a deliberate act of causing harm. He wanted to talk to the referee but the guy just turned his back and walked away but Ronaldo's hand was out so he used it to touch the referee and turned away.

He should have left Spain before the season started
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Muckross1122:
The Real Madrid forward lost his cool after being shown a red card during a 3-1 victory over Barcelona in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has been suspended for five matches after pushing the referee following his red card in Sunday's Clasico.

Check More Via Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2017/08/cristiano-ronaldo-given-five-matches.html

The punishment is too small.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 15, 2017
Afam4eva:
That's good to know even though i feel the red card was not deserved.

UP Barca.

why isn't the red card deserved?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olga Allegra In Bikini, Enjoys Vacation With Family / 'Players Are Dropping Like Flies’ - EPL Told To Cancel Games Ahead Of Qatar / The Elite List Of Nigerian Players Who Have Won The English Premier League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.