Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,238 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:07 AM

LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola (8521 Views)

LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola / I Apologise For My Insensitive Joke- Omega Chicks President / LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Akanbi22(m): 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
The Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has expressed what he considered the bane of smooth academic activities at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology(LAUTECH) Ogbomoso, which is jointly owned by the Osun and Oyo State governments, saying the two states were financially incapacitated, and not an act of insensitivity.

The governor disclosed this on Sunday , while playing host to some medical students from the Osun State University, who recently returned from Ukraine, after the completion of their studies, solely sponsored by the Osun state government.

Aregbesola explained that the frustrations of the students of LAUTECH, as well as their parents in the face of the unending strike should be a thing of concern to all and sundry, adding that such action portends a great danger to the future of the students.

He argued that it is practically irrational for anybody to think that the two owner states are insensitive towards the plights of the students , stressing that the reality is that the two states were incapacitated financially.

“I am using this medium to appeal to the striking lecturers of LAUTECH to please return to work in the interest of the students whose future are being jeopardized.

“I urge them to reason along the same line of thought of the two owner states for a solution to be quickly found in solving the problem.

“It will be wrong for anybody to have the notion that the two owner state governors are being insensitive towards the situation of the school.

“It is not a matter of being insensitive, the truth is that the two owner states are financially incapacitated if they want to meet the demands of the striking lecturers, there is no way you can give what you don’t have.

“If the higher cadre of the civil service in Osun can agree to be collecting a fraction of their salaries because of the harsh economic condition government has found itself, I see no reason why the LAUTECH lectures can’t reason with government”. Aregbesola said.

Aregbesola emphasized the need for fiscal responsibility and transparency in the financial management of the ivory tower, noting that the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the University should ordinarily be of great help in the running of the school, to the extent of making it self-reliant like many of its status.

He insisted that a thorough and open audit of the LAUTECH accounts remains non-negotiable as an integral panacea to the crisis rocking the school.

“If UNIOSUN with fewer numbers of students than LAUTECH could run successfully within its internally generated revenue, I see no reason why LAUTECH with more students population can not run itself.

“We want this problem to be over so that our children can return to school and pursue their academic carrier.

“I appeal to the lecturers to return to class while a proper audit of the school will be done so as to unravel the real problem of the school and we can correct it”, Aregbesola stressed.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/14/lautech-incapacitated-not-insensitive-aregbesola/

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by nkowaputa(m): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2017
If and only if your children were students in LAUTECH. the 2 state governments are incapacitated financially yet you could send the children of your cronies to Ukraine with Osun state fund?

Have you thought of the psychological effect of the stagnancy the students are experiencing?

Are you aware of the possible outburst of crime from this energetic youths who have no place to decipate their energy?

You are insensitive and not fit for a leader when you toy with the future of your youths.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by IgboAmakaa(f): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by nwapee(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2017
we don hear
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by FemiEddy(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2017
Why can't our politicians kids school in Nigeria? Why? I think this is one of the steps to take away corruption. It's not just fair cry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by sarcoma: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2017
Ftc dedicated to the less privileged
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Thobiy(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2017
Let Them Find A Solution To This Crisis On Time
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by pautex: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2017
“I am using this medium to appeal to the striking lecturers of LAUTECH to please return to work in the interest of the students whose future are being jeopardized.

Nonsense. what have you done to show that what they are demanding for is being put into consideration

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Everyone has to make a compromise.

The truth is the government can't and won't give them the exact amount they want. It's a state school but it's high time the school increases its fees a bit, run a faster calendar and reduce its unnecessary staff. As a student of Lautech I can tell you the calendar is very slow.

4 Likes

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Defaramade(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2017
Fùck him undecided

6 Likes

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by ifa98(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2017
find a lasting solution to this crisis as soon as possible
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by NicoBaba(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2017
Mr.Incapacitated and Mr. constituted Authority...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Chukazu: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2017
You two full grown states can not fund a university undecided

Why don't you commercialize it or sell it via OLX?

It is obvious the biggest problem of the institution is "administrative bottle necks" from both states, and the solution is to cede the school to one single state to manage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by 0b100100111: 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Defaramade:
Fùck him undecided

It's not an issue you have to desperately comment on when you lack insight.
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by aziciii11: 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Issokey. ... next
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by dayleke: 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Ogbeni ati ikeji re ni ipinle Oyo...
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Jackdaniels16(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Nd nothing directly proportional to solving the problem was mentioned... Wat a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Fatasy(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
YOUR FATHER
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Gotze1: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2017
Idiot, they will reason with the of you idiot if you can stop your own salaries. Very wicked set of people. Sham on you both.
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by HDee(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2017
angry
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Defaramade(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2017
0b100100111:

Fùck you too undecided

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by FemiEddy(m): 8:03am On Aug 15, 2017
0b100100111:

Yh

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by shaddoww: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2017
My advice, anybody wey get d money to go skul abroad better go abroad. The problem here is nt about Government alone, the problem is about dis senior generation. It's a very wicked and hopeless generation. They enjoyed everything dat was good dat Nigeria has had to offer, but when dey got the opportunity to be in position to manage d country, dey destroyed everything. They all went to public schools in their time without strikes n dey enjoyed the best of education n even got scholarships to study abroad.
Who can truly say the current crop of lecturers we have now are teaching anything that is in tandem with modern civilization?
Our president's children schooled abroad
Vice president - private university
Senate president - UK
Deputy Senate president - UK
Vcs - US n UK.
As we enter 2019, it becomes even worst, as their will be no option for us.
Are we going to continue with APC's cluelessness n direction or we will go for PDP's blind stealing n destruction?

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Defaramade(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2017
FemiEddy:

Yh
Thank you for shutting that mótherfucker up

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Badonasty(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2017
Akanbi22:
The Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has expressed what he considered the bane of smooth academic activities at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology(LAUTECH) Ogbomoso, which is jointly owned by the Osun and Oyo State governments, saying the two states were financially incapacitated, and not an act of insensitivity.

The governor disclosed this on Sunday , while playing host to some medical students from the Osun State University, who recently returned from Ukraine, after the completion of their studies, solely sponsored by the Osun state government.

Aregbesola explained that the frustrations of the students of LAUTECH, as well as their parents in the face of the unending strike should be a thing of concern to all and sundry, adding that such action portends a great danger to the future of the students.

He argued that it is practically irrational for anybody to think that the two owner states are insensitive towards the plights of the students , stressing that the reality is that the two states were incapacitated financially.

“I urge them to reason along the same line of thought of the two owner states for a solution to be quickly found in solving the problem.

“It will be wrong for anybody to have the notion that the two owner state governors are being insensitive towards the situation of the school.

“It is not a matter of being insensitive, the truth is that the two owner states are financially incapacitated if they want to meet the demands of the striking lecturers, there is no way you can give what you don’t have.

“If the higher cadre of the civil service in Osun can agree to be collecting a fraction of their salaries because of the harsh economic condition government has found itself, I see no reason why the LAUTECH lectures can’t reason with government”. Aregbesola said.

Aregbesola emphasized the need for fiscal responsibility and transparency in the financial management of the ivory tower, noting that the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the University should ordinarily be of great help in the running of the school, to the extent of making it self-reliant like many of its status.

He insisted that a thorough and open audit of the LAUTECH accounts remains non-negotiable as an integral panacea to the crisis rocking the school.

“If UNIOSUN with fewer numbers of students than LAUTECH could run successfully within its internally generated revenue, I see no reason why LAUTECH with more students population can not run itself.

“We want this problem to be over so that our children can return to school and pursue their academic carrier.

“I appeal to the lecturers to return to class while a proper audit of the school will be done so as to unravel the real problem of the school and we can correct it”, Aregbesola stressed.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/14/lautech-incapacitated-not-insensitive-aregbesola/

Collect a fraction of your allowances too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Anikulhapo(m): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2017
The two of you collected Paris money worth #40b, yt you are incapacitated, as the Lord liveth, the way u and Aji are making Lautech students and staffs to die is the way u will mourn Kabiru and Ajibola respectively, Oloriburuku gbogbo.....How did we get here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
Ladokites won't like this

Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by KellyR: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2017
okay na
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by lollypeezle(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2017
I fault the states government and the school authority as well.

Nigeria is the only country where Education is not reckoned with. If Efe can win 25m just by been in a house for 2 months yet a best graduating student can go home with mere 10k, it shows that education means nothing to these people.

On the other hand, the school account should be audited to know how much is going in and out. These schools make money but they are been embezzled by the "take it all" group.

My final submission is that the school should be given out to a private management company who will act as representative of both states.

I stand to be corrected
Re: LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola by ibroh22(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2017
May thunder fire you and constituted authority there.... una need public beating like this...

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Tips On How To Manage Stress On Campus / Why Were You Punished In Primary School. Share Your Experiences. / NEWS Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light At UI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.