Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. (13248 Views)

How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:09am On Aug 15, 2017
My father had served the government for 35years and also as a principal of schools. Tho a pensioner.
Five years ago he was employed by a renowned private school as the principal.

Prior to his employment, there was this principle that was sacked because of his misconducts...like fighting teachers, misappropriation of funds and all. He happened to be the husband of the daughter of the aged owner of the school. The owner of the school sacked the man and that was how my father came into the picture. This is his 5years in office, he had convinced the aged owner who's in London for increase in teachers salaries, pays them during the school holidays, borders quality food and steady electricity. He was loved by all and even as his son I also felt the tremendous changes in the school. He took this school as his own and I know he used to support the school from his own purse according to the staff.

One morning, yeah...last week, we got a call from the man's daughter that my father should resign with immediate effect that her husband again is taking over. Not just that, but also has just 2days to pack out or vacate the school premises.

Just like that? We called the owner but not reachable and according to reports the old man is sick, treated in London and his son is also in London. So the daughter was handed over to manage the school since she's the one in the country. Just last term, my father realised so much money and yet the daughter refused paying anybody that there's no money for any payment.

My father has packed to the village and I can't move to the villa with him since I'm still job hunting in the city.
Truth is I'm staying with a friend for now to fix my head round this whole ish and pension isn't steady for my father... I need at least something doing just to support them.

I'm open to work anywhere provided the pay is good.
I've got a poultry farm but capital to install it for production.

I've read testimonies here and I believe in no time all this shall be history. smiley

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by celestialAgent(m): 6:29am On Aug 15, 2017
Your father is a pensioner, if he had planned well for his retirement, he won't be in this mess. Dont be like your dad, plan ahead and invest in the poultry business no matter how small should you eventually get a job.

Btw, you made going back to the village sound so bad. It's really not for a retried person if you av enough saved up to run your life there - you can even be a chief grin grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by scholes0(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2017
Sh!t happens.

1 Like

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by RIPEnglish: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2017
That's what Buhari have bringed on us, be strong...you will got a job very real soon quickly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by tabisegroup(m): 10:42am On Aug 15, 2017
Sorry

1 Like

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Caustics: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2017
shocked
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by dotcomnamename: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2017
Edit your topic jor. Which one be May father? Abi My father . Too eary to dey drink ogogoro jor grin

13 Likes

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2017
I don't get it... you mean 'May Feather' or 'My Father' or 'May Weather?'

May Feather and May Weather I know but I am not sure I have heard of May Father.

Who is he?

15 Likes

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Untainted007: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2017
Did I read well if the old man (the owner) is receiving treatment in London and you think he's not Buhari and the daughter in question is not Zahra?
Just kidding anyway, back to the topic, if there's employment letter in the first place signed by your dad and its acknowledged by the school, your dad can sue them and its certain he will win. But in a lawless country like Nigeria, if there's no employment letter in the initial stage, your dad should leave them to God. And more so, people who live in the village, are they not human beings? If you go to village, you can become a village champion and letter become a Chief or wot do u feel?

8 Likes

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Felixalex(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2017
Too bad.....take heart

But I have never heard of *Sack notice* na

1 Like

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Titto93(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2017
This can only happen in a Zoo.
However, i don think this is the best time to job hunt considering the state of our economy and country at large. I think you should carry on with your poultry farming. You can still send your CV online while you do that.
Best Luck.
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by naijaboiy: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2017
In saner climes a court action would suffice. But well, this place ain't sane.

Sorry about the unfortunate event.

1 Like

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by farza: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2017
hmm

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by idnole43(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2017
sorry ooh
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by TeamWealth: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2017
MadManTalking:
I don't get it... you mean May Feather or My Father or May Weather.

This is not funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by speezyWears: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
how your father's sack story became your application for employment i will never understand

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by liftedhigh: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
Hmm
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by SalamRushdie: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
That unfortunately is the end result of most 9-5 workers, they keep dodging risk under the guise of Job security but at the end of the day it still end like this ..Tell your dad to smile he has tried his best and for you young man learn to take risk
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by KingLennon(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
I guess your dad didn't save for rainy days. Don't make the same mistake bro. Goodluck on ur job huntinq expedition

1 Like

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
If what you wrote up there was true

SUE!! SUE!! SUE THE F*CKING SCHOOL...
But only if the agreement your father signed stated clearly that he is entitled to a prior notice in the case of a sack.

And YOU should invest more in your poultry business..EVEN when you eventually get a job

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/

Listen to my dope rap freestyle at
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by yomalex(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
na wao
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by maxiuc(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2017
No job security that's private firm for you

Choi that's life

My dad during his working days built tenant house he rents out

Even if I no send money he still got cheese to feed

Invest no matter how small it is

2 Likes

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2017
This is injustice....

Moderator, edit that title from 'How May Father'..... to ' How My father'.......
Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Okoyiboz3: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2017
Did your father have a letter of employment?

If he did, don't argue with the lady.

Just calculate his salary for 5 years, multiply it by 4 and add 5M as legal fees.
Sue the school, sue the lady and sue her father.

The National Industrial Court would hear the matter.

If your father didn't have a letter of employment, simply ask the man's daughter a question:

You give her 7 days to decide if she wants to wear a gown standing up or lying down.

7 Likes

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by sallylet(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2017
Lacazette strike...
Rooney strike....
Morata strike...
Salah strike....
Lukaku strike...
Neymar Strike... Messi strike..
Ronaldo Strike...
ASUU strike...
What a week!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by DJInfluence: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2017
celestialAgent:
Your father is a pensioner, if he had planned well for his retirement, he won't be in this mess. Dont be like your dad, plan ahead and invest in the poultry business no matter how small should you eventually get a job.
You sound like you are not living in Nigeria or knbow the workings. Plan well, how? Do you know how much HONEST civil servants make? You don´t know how many mouth the man had to feed or how steady he salary was or even how much he was earning while still working? Don´t assume what you don´t know. Am not dissing you, but wish you could be less insensitive.

To OP, try your best, get something to do and assist your parent as best as you can. God (or whatever you believe in) is your strenght. Like they say, what don´t kill you, will make you stronger.

8 Likes

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Akinya17: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2017
This is one of the disadvantages of one man business. You may be asked to leave anytime. However, don't be discouraged, God will open doors for you. Also, try to encourage your Dad, It's unfortunate that Nigeria does not take proper care of her retirees.

1 Like

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by Daniel058(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2017
Don't know what to say My Advice to any YOUNG MAN wey dey read this post be like this " WHEN YOU STILL HAVE THE STRENGTH TO HUSTLE AND MAKE MONEY, DON'T LIVE BEYOND YOUR INCOME, SAVE SAVE!! SAVE!!!
, STOP TRYING TO IMPRESS THOSE HOT CHICS GIVING YOU GREEN LIGHT, THEY DON'T LOVE YOU.

LOVE DOESN'T EVEN EXIST SELF BECAUSE NOBODY WILL BE INTERESTED IN YOU IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROVIDE

THINK MORE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE

WORK HARD LIVE LIKE A BROKE GUY TILL YOU HAVE STEADY INCOME FLOW.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How May Father Was Sacked Without Any Prior Notice. by lycan2: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2017
he was a principal of schools grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

November Salaries Of FG Civil Servants Delayed Over ‘technical Glitch’ / Job Loss In Banks:why Only Lower Level Staff / What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.