Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers (21258 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: We Have Reached Agreement With Lecturers – FG (see Details) / Strike: Osinbajo To Head Negotiation With ASUU / LAUTECH VC Pleads With Lecturers To Resume Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Ekiti360(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2017
​The Federal Government has confirmed that it is in talks with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), after it embarked on an indefinite strike.

ASUU commenced an indefinite strike action across the nation beginning Sunday, August 13

The Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Education, Mrs. Chinenye Ihuoma, told newsmen that negotiations were ongoing between it and the union on the issues arising from the 2009 agreement and the MoU of 2013.

“If it is on ASUU, just know that the FG/ASUU renegotiation 2009 is ongoing with the government team under the leadership of Dr. B. O Babalakin (SAN),” she said.

Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, in January inaugurated a 16-member team to renegotiate the 2009 agreement.

The committee, headed by Babalakin, was given the mandate to dialogue with the ASUU, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) and Non-Academic Staff Union of Associated & Allied Institutions (NASU) to ensure sustainable peace and industrial harmony in tertiary institutions.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-fg-confirms-negotiation-lecturers/

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by ibkkk(f): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2017
Issokai.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Zeemic(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Better
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Jusome: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
must FG wait for strike before they start talks with ASUU....is just foolishness

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by MrHistorian: 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
I'm saddened at this ugly development of ASUU's strike action.

In as much as the ASUU is trying to justify its stand on the strike by emphasizing on the meagre funding of education in Nigeria.I'd enjoin them to exhibit an enviable charismatic action by calling off this strike amidst the negotiations with FG.

As for FG,I'm bittered at their late reaction.This Strike action has been looming for Months,Why was the VP and the Ministry of Education docile??..Why were they not proactive to engage them before it gets full-blown??

For Once...I'm disappointed in Acting President Osinbajo.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by hemartins(m): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
FG always like to take action after the harm has been done.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Mologi(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
Pls they should help our career...

their own will not spoil...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by u11ae1013: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
thankgod ooo,make i go chill for house
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by bayutech(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
na today?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Judolisco(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Thank God oh
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by sakalisis(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by jtjohn(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
k
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Last weekend was bomb for all strikers.

Lacazette

Lukaku

Sallah

Morata

ASUU

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by RIPEnglish: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
I want the strikes to went on please, FG shouldn't payed them yet o.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Why so soon.. e no even last make noise work small find some change put for pocket for pocket money
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by dakeskese(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
May God help the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by pawesome(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
So de have to wait fr dem to strike befr de wil stat negotiations...why wnt de cntinue goin on strike since u guys dnt wanna negotiate til d strike?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Saheed9: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
make them start quick quick
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Obudupikin: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
Reactionary.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Thobiy(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
This is good but make them resolve am in time and leave the crap of negotiating
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Moblord(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
They didn't care to negotiate after the warning strike, they were given 6months and letters have been sent to remind them but they still didn't care because their children don't study in the country

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by edugiddy007: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
hmmm
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by olipee(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
Please negotiate quick o, cos ASUU went on strike in my second semester 100L now this is 500L second semester and as a matter of fact, I have just 6 weeks to go.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Kjking(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
issokay
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by femijay8271(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
to go school dey even fear me self.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
ThankGod.
A girl can't afford to stay at home.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by ernie4life(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
RIPEnglish:

Trust me you don't need the strike at all, you even deserve extra class

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by prevail23(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
RIPEnglish:
just look at, if u be student, i wonder how ur English will be by d time we finish d strike

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by joromorn: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
ibkkk:
Issokai.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by otabuko(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
That guy above using non stop past tense. You do not need any kind of break at all.

School by 8 to 4 pm
Extra classes 5 to 9 pm
Assignments 10 to 12 am
Sleep from 12 to 4 am.
Get ready for school.

Graduate.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Droleo1: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
This people are not serious. undecided

Dr Leonard
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by ChallyB(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
Africa NEEDS You...

Join us for #BeTheChange on Sunday, 27th August 2017 by 2:00 pm.
Follow this link to Register Free > www.motivatingafrica.com/bethechange/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Madonna University Students, Lecturer Regain Freedom / Honoris United Universities Acquires Nile University / School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.