Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc (4290 Views)

FRESH TOKS Toyota Camry 2011 Model V4 @ Cool Price / Super Clean Toyota Highlander 2004/05 Model V4 @ 1.6m / Toyota Rav4 07 model V4 Engine For 2.3m needs to go today ZOLD.!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Autoexpress: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Contact BAYO on 08069816666 or BBpin-5571FCE7
Price-2.8m

Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by LionDeLeo: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2017
I don't understand, Highlander with 4 cylinders?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2017
LionDeLeo:
I don't understand, Highlander with 4 cylinders?

You took that question right out of my mouth.
Why use an SUV at all if it's gonna be a V4? What's the use....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by LionDeLeo: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2017
jassie:

I just taya.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by nurey(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2017
jassie:

What is wrong with an SUV that has only 4 cylinders? Besides the highlander is a CUV and the 4cylinders is enough for its purpose. If not, i wonder why toyota hilux is also fitted with a 4 cylinder engine and it gets the job done even better than some V6 offroaders
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Anchor84: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2017
nurey:

What is wrong with an SUV that has only 4 cylinders? Besides the highlander is a CUV and the 4cylinders is enough for its purpose. If not, i wonder why toyota hilux is also fitted with a 4 cylinder engine and it gets the job done even better than some V6 offroaders
dats it...even most of the prados u see out there too
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I just taya.
I think there are certain models of the Highlander manufactured with V4 engines... Guess the height (ground clearance) is the main advantage. Not bad for Nigerian roads since the potholes are the main reason people buy SUV. But anyone hoping to get through swampy areas with this is on his own...
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2017
nurey:

You'll agree with me that its an unusual combo, even though it's manufactured that way. I have already given my opinion on it... And I dont think its bad for Nigerian drivers, at least it won't suck as much petrol as its V6 counterparts. My area in Lagos has taught me not to use anything less than a V6, although it all depends on the overall auto synchrony and not just the cylinders.

Just cant bear to imagine an SuV getting stuck where a V6 car wouldn't.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by LionDeLeo: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2017
jassie:

I think there are certain models of the Highlander manufacturee with V4 engines... Guess the height (ground clearance) is the main advantage. Not bad for Nigerian roads since the potholes are the main reason people buy SUV. But anyone hoping to get through swampy areas with this is on his own...

If the ground clearance is the main advantage of the 4 plugged Highlander, I think the price should be below the more rugged 6 plugged. But the op is talking about 2.8, and that is around the average price of the vehicle.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by LionDeLeo: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2017
jassie:

You'll agree with me that its an unusual combo, even though it's manufactured that way. I have already given my opinion on it... And I dont think its bad for Nigerian drivers, at least it won't suck as much petrol as its V6 counterparts. My area in Lagos has taught me not to use anything less than a V6, although it all depends on the overall auto synchrony and not just the cylinders.

Gbam.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2017
LionDeLeo:

If the ground clearance is the main advantage of the 4 plugged Highlander, I think the price should be below the more rugged 6 plugged. But the op is talking about 2.8, and that is around the average price of the vehicle.

LOL. You know the old saying "dollar don cost" grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by nurey(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2017
jassie:

Thats where your misconception is, offroad is not about engine but about wheel setup and suspensions. A V12 mercedes benz SUV with FWD setup will get stranded if both front wheels get trapped without traction. A 4 wheel drive car will get stranded if all wheels loss traction and are stranded.

A real offroad vehicle uses a combination of a lot of gadgets attached to it, for easy Navigation of where others wouldnt dare
1. High Torgue engine
2. Exhaust special design
3. Winch with high tensile strength
4. special suspension
5. body on frame design.

There is no offroad terrain in Nigeria here, where i cant drive a stock vehicle on. But some areas in the US driving a G-wagon or Range rover in stock setup can lead to Totalled vehicle

Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
nurey:

Thats where your misconception is, offroad is not about engine but about wheel setup and suspensions. A V12 mercedes benz SUV with FWD setup will get stranded if both front wheels get trapped without traction. A 4 wheel drive car will get stranded if all wheels loss traction and are stranded.

A real offroad vehicle uses a combination of a lot of gadgets attached to it, for easy Navigation of where others wouldnt dare
1. High Torgue engine
2. Exhaust special design
3. Winch with high tensile strength
4. special suspension
5. body on frame design.

There is no offroad terrain in Nigeria here, where i cant drive a stock vehicle on. But some areas in the US driving a G-wagon or Range rover in stock setup can lead to Totalled vehicle

Off road- V6 vs V4 all things being equal, which would you choose?
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Engrr(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
How may rows of sear bro?...2 or 3? and what is your last price
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by nurey(m): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
jassie:

Off road- V6 vs I4 all things being equal, which would you choose?

I would pick the most powerful of the lot grin, If the 4cylinder is turbo charged i would pick it over the V6
Re: Toyota Highlander 2005 Model V4 Engine Etc by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
nurey:

I would pick the most powerful of the lot grin, If the 4cylinder is turbo charged i would pick it over the V6

Turbo charged ko, turbo man ni. Oga na V6 u go choose. Scammer. cheesy grin

And I noticed the correction cos its actually an I4...knew that already, just going along with the topic. wink

(1) (Reply)

Foriegn Used 2016 Mercedes-benz Cool Van / 1996 Toyota Camry : Full Option- Tokunbo/non-nigerian Used / Are Jet Ski's For Rent In Lagos?:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.