Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc (15646 Views)

See What Happens To The Blackberry Priv After It Was Turned Over Fire / If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by wanitas(f): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2010
taxanalyst:

I just bought a Torch 9800 from the UK.

I have subscribed to the MTN BIS and FB,BBM and YM are all working.
However, I cannot setup email or browse with it.
Anytime I click the browser it tells me "my device does not have browser configuration service book entries"

I've contacted MTN Customer Care and they say their is no service book provision for OS 6.

But I have friends who are browsing with their Torch on the MTN network.

Can anyone help with this problem?.

NB: The Torch is Vodafone branded.

Thanks.

i had a similar prob wit mytorch 9800(couldnt set up email cos d email steup icon only showed enterprise account and not personal account, it took me auite a bit a bit of research to get it done
go to http://mtnnigeria.blackberry.com/ fill d form and proceed as instructed. hope it works!
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Sellit: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2010
MTN seems NOT to have service coverage for BlackBerry Torch 9800 for now; I have the same issue and have visited them twice with no solution and no assurance of hope. I got info that I could get service from Etisalat, I will be trying them soonest.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by bbstore: 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2011
CALL TUNDE ON 07056799937 IF INTERESTED, WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG IN ORDER TO GET NEW STOCK, THE PRICE IS 50K. FRESH IN BOX WITH THE CHARGER AND POUCH.

BLACKBERRY JAVELIN AND TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

THEY ARE VERY NEAT AND ALMOST NEW.

Trackpad navigation
Bright, hi-resolution screen
Full QWERTY keyboard
3G technology
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® enabled
256MB flash Memory
3.2 MP digital Camera with
Video Camera
Multimedia Player
Wireless Email
Organiser
Browser
Phone
SMS/MMS

CALL TUNDE ON 07056799937 IF INTERESTED, WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG IN ORDER TO GET NEW STOCK, THE PRICE IS 50K. FRESH IN BOX WITH THE CHARGER AND POUCH.

BLACKBERRY JAVELIN AND TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE

THEY ARE VERY NEAT AND ALMOST NEW.

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by nedu2000(m): 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2011
i have a BB 9300 and i'm having difficulty downloading youtube videos, is there a particular website i could exploit?, is my BB a symbian2or java or android phone(whatever that means!!) 'cause i'm having trouble downloading games as well
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
nedu2000:

i have a BB 9300 and i'm having difficulty downloading youtube videos, is there a particular website i could exploit?, is my BB a symbian2or java or android phone(whatever that means!!) 'cause i'm having trouble downloading games as well
Use m.vuclip.com , you'll be able to download youtube videos. Hope that helps
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by nedu2000(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2011
Posted on: Yesterday at 02 :14 :30 PM Quote from: nedu2000 on Yesterday at 02 :14 :30 PM i have a BB 9300 and i'm having difficulty downloading youtube videos, is there a particular website i could exploit?, is my BB a symbian2 or java or android phone(whatever that means! !) 'cause i'm having trouble downloading games as well Use m.vuclip.com , you'll be able to download youtube videos. Hope that helps Posted by: nedu2000 , thanks a lot,i'm using right now
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
Pls who knws d software i can use to unlock my blackberry9650? It cnt unlock with code.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Vitality31(m): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2011
Pls i need assistance, my BB 8320, when booting will just display error and go off again. Pls guru help me on what to do. Thanks
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Mcleo007(m): 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
Vitality31:

Pls i need assistance, my BB 8320, when booting will just display error and go off again. Pls guru help me on what to do. Thanks

Remove the battery and wait for abt 10mins b4 re-inserting it. That shuld help.

I need a subscriber's view on zain bis. Thinking of trying out there service cos mtn sucks in ma area,and aint ok with glo's bandwidth that is limited. Called their customer care(zain) and was told d monthly package has an unlimited bandwidth. Pls,is dt true?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2011
Mcleo007:

Remove the battery and wait for abt 10mins b4 re-inserting it. That shuld help.

I need a subscriber's view on zain bis. Thinking of trying out there service cos mtn sucks in ma area,and aint ok with glo's bandwidth that is limited. Called their customer care(zain) and was told d monthly package has an unlimited bandwidth. Pls,is dt true?
This is a satanic lie. Zain has a download limit of 1GB and as a present subscriber I tell you Zain BIS is the worst I've come across quality of service wise. Glo is even better with 1.5GB limit.

The only advantage with Zain is you can tether with ur pc and that's if u can even see the network to connect.

My advice to you is to try it in your locality by subscribing for the 1 day BIS and flex it before u commit your money for a month. My regret is I didn't test it out, if I did, I won't be lamenting today. Hope this helps you.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by n3rve(m): 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
Those that have problems with the Torch (9800), can you browse now? I got the torch for my girlfriend during the yuletide season, she activated BIS as normal and surfing the web using the browser has not been an issue. Regarding the service book issue, I can backup her service books, use MagicBerry to edit it to remove personal information and host it somewhere for you to restore unto yours if you still can't browse.

-[n3rve]
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2011
Who here uses MTN BIS, can you please confirm if operamini works with MTN BIS? Because since MTN blocked servers for operamini I was wondering if it affected opera on BIS too. So, anyone pls?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Mcleo007(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
TCD:

Who here uses MTN BIS, can you please confirm if operamini works with MTN BIS? Because since MTN blocked servers for operamini I was wondering if it affected opera on BIS too. So, anyone pls?

Dude,thanks for the zain info. I'm on their daily package and cn swear I'll never dare it again. Dnt knw which adjective qualifies the awkwardness of d service.
Abt the opera stuff,dnt knw of any other opera bt 5.0 rocks well wiv mtn bis. And I want to knw if there is anyway I can boost edge service on ma phone(its a javelin without 3g) cos I only gt gprs in ma area nd when d edge comes up when at some locations,it doesn't browse at all. Is there any way arnd it? Its pretty difficult streaming videos when on gprs only.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Akainzo(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2011
Can anyone recommend a free tether app for my Storm2?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by n3rve(m): 12:43am On Jan 10, 2011
The BlackBerry Desktop Manager has the ability to tether, just key in the configuration (APN, username & PW) and you're good to go.

-[n3rve]
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
Mcleo007:

Airtel/Zain is the worst place you can try BIS for now.

I don't know why this browser is not allowing me to paste a link of my encounter with them here. Check on Phones homepage, you'll see BIS Rip Off topic.

[n3rve]:

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager has the ability to tether, just key in the configuration (APN, username & PW) and you're good to go.

-[n3rve]
Pls can you tether on Airtel, because i've tried several profile settings that is not working. Zain was working for me perfectly last year.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Akainzo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
[n3rve]:

Thanks will try that.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 7:34am On Jan 11, 2011
Mcleo007:

Dude,thanks for the zain info. I'm on their daily package and cn swear I'll never dare it again. Dnt knw which adjective qualifies the awkwardness of d service.
Abt the opera stuff,dnt knw of any other opera bt 5.0 rocks well wiv mtn bis. And I want to knw if there is anyway I can boost edge service on ma phone(its a javelin without 3g) cos I only gt gprs in ma area nd when d edge comes up when at some locations,it doesn't browse at all. Is there any way arnd it? Its pretty difficult streaming videos when on gprs only.

You're very welcome bro. Thanks for confirming Operamini works on MTN BIS.

concerning your problem I dont get it. are you saying when Edge comes up on your BB it doesnt browse? thats really wierd. you can try this in such occassions. go to manage connections and switch off your mobile network then switch it on again. this just enables your bb to re-register n i've found out it it usually helps antime i'm experiencing a network lag in browsing.

you can try etisalat. i hear they maintain good edge network. get their I day BIS and see.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Mcleo007(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2011
Thanks man. I do that most times,the prob is the coverage in my area is basically gprs so,when edge manages to show up,it gets handicapped. I'm back to mtn sha after the dissapointing one-day romance I had wiv airtel. Guess I just have to make do wiv the gprs 2g service. My wanting an edge service is cos of streaming videos whc is something I enjoy on ma bb. Glo edge is awesome,but the 1.5gb limit is appalling.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 9:27am On Jan 11, 2011
Mcleo007:

Thanks man. I do that most times,the prob is the coverage in my area is basically gprs so,when edge manages to show up,it gets handicapped. I'm back to mtn sha after the dissapointing one-day romance I had wiv airtel. Guess I just have to make do wiv the gprs 2g service. My wanting an edge service is cos of streaming videos whc is something I enjoy on ma bb. Glo edge is awesome,but the 1.5gb limit is appalling.
Try out etisalat. about the streaming, I wonder how u do that but if its any help u can use m.vuclip.com it helps me download videos from several sites including youtube instead of streaming them over slow connections.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Mcleo007(m): 9:39am On Jan 11, 2011
@TCD, I use vuclip and youtubemob, but u knw it won't go well when on gprs. It will be interrupted by buffering nodes. As for etisalat, do they have an unlimited bandwidth plan like mtn?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 9:56am On Jan 11, 2011
from what i've heard, i've not seen any download limit for etisalat. no such info on their website and i've not heard of a download limit from friends who use etisalat. calling their customer care should help clear the air.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by cecegorz(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2011
Guys,
Anybody on Airtel able to connect BB to lappy and browse on the BIS bundle without extra wap charges should please help me with the current settings.
It was the only reason i went live on Airtel not knowing they've changed the settings.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by 702: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
Dear pple,
can sum1 assist on how to remove ''activation required'' on bb9650?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by lynxnoon(m): 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2011
702:

Dear pple,
can sum1 assist on how to remove ''activation required'' on bb9650?
If ur phone is "VERIZON WIRELESS" branded, then insert a MULTILINKS sim card and switch on the phone. . . . , . . it should be activated after that.
Then u can now remove d multilinks sim n insert a GSM sim.
NOTE: this will on work if ur phone is Verizon wireless - branded.
Hope this will help.
Cheers
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Mcleo007(m): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
TCD:

from what i've heard, i've not seen any download limit for etisalat. no such info on their website and i've not heard of a download limit from friends who use etisalat. calling their customer care should help clear the air.

Well,I'm back to mtn. May try them nxt time.

Please,for some days now ever since I tried another sim on my bb its been going off on its own. What culd be d cause?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by TCD: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2011
Mcleo007:

Well,I'm back to mtn. May try them nxt time.

Please,for some days now ever since I tried another sim on my bb its been going off on its own. What culd be d cause?

What OS version are you running? If still on 4.sumtn try upgrade to OS 5.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Mcleo007(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
I thought of that also. Am on os4.6. Would upgrade soon. Thanks
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Chydome: 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2011
I use bold 9000 and upgraded to OS 5.0. I lost every thing in my memo pad and will be happy If I get them back. What do u suggest I do to get them back and if I can't, how can I get back a working memo pad on my phone? Thanks,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by 702: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2011
lynxnoon: tnks 4d fdbk, will try to get one soon. yes it its verizon wireless. feed u
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by hooged: 11:52am On Jan 18, 2011
my bb rocks
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by lagboy: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
Pls guys, i need to setup my bb javelin for yahoomessanger. can anybody help on dat? because i can't find yahoomessanger icon on my phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is So Special About The iPhone? / How Long Can You Go Without Data On Your Phone? / 8 Acts We Find Most Irritating On Social Media, What’s Yours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.