Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? (24518 Views)

Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / Which Animal Will Rule The World / Online Store For All Animals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by butterflylion: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2017
pek:
I don't know what you are driving at but the verbs emboldened are correct.

I wasn't referring to his own words in bold text. I was referring to his words I made bold myself in my response.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by dollytino4real(f): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2017
lie mahamadu because he is wild in lieing so his tongue is tame from truth
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2017
Dinosaur.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Juchii(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2017
Me
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Jackossky(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Some sentence sound great but are wrong cos rules of grammar example concord isn't obeyed

Whenever u’re talking about something that isn’t a reality at the moment, It doesn’t matter whether we are referring to a single person or a group of people subject. As soon as we cross the border between reality and speculation, “were” is the word to be used...

Examples of what I mean:

I was rich and I owned a house at the seaside.(reality: was will be used)
If I were rich, I would have owned a house at the seaside. (hopeful reality i.e non existent at the moment: were will be used)

He was the captain of the team and he chose a different strategy.

If he were captain of the team, he would have chosen a different strategy.

So, for ur above statement:

If it happens that all animals were tamed, domesticated and turned pets, which animal would you love to have as a pet?

Boss, I do commend your usage of English, but from what I have learnt so far; the subject pronoun 'HE' should be followed by a singular verb 'Is' or "Was' as regard to its usage above.

Thank you.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by menwongo(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2017
internationalman:

I'm aware of that it's a mistake I missed it.
check your pride before you fall our hands for here
your bebe d watchgrin
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by sholzy216(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2017
Jonah's shark (good transportation) cheesy cheesy
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Kizyte(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2017
Karidqueen:
Snake!
Chimeeeee! shocked
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by akmath: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2017
I love wolves
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2017
Richy4:

Are u kidding me?
Lol sorry I meant they're not fierce like other wild animals. they're friendly
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Ekwekwe1(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2017
Wolf.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Icepresh(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2017
I love wolves and Lions tho
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2017
team dragon girl in game of throne... grin grin grin
Kowor:
grin Dragon!!!
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by joepentwo(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2017
ProsperMVE:
Shut up dear. U dont know MVE kiss

wat's d prove,,, u d wrk for shell
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Richy4(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
Lol sorry I meant they're not fierce like other wild animals. they're friendly

You almost gave me a shock.. grin
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by jericco1(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2017
Cheetah
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2017
nursennenny:
Jaguar and leopard
correct cool you just read my mind. Those two animal are the best
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2017
Leopard or tiger.
I still love cats though.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Jackossky(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2017
pek:
I don't know what you are driving at but the verbs emboldened are correct.
What he is is trying to say is that your words lack punctuations, thereby having an ambiguous meaning.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by gentleedu(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2017
I will go for wedge tail Eagle

Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by SucezYiz: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2017
i will go for #WOLF, i luv diz animal, no room 4 nonsense.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Chineseface2(f): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2017
Tiger kiss
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by SucezYiz: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=SucezYiz post=59590410]i will go for #WOLF, i luv diz animal, no room 4 nonsense. team john snow, game of throne.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2017
internationalman:

I'm aware of that it's a mistake I missed it.

Maybe you should just stop typing in English? Or just stop typing entirely. This is getting out of hand.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by roqrules04(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2017
Wolf
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by firestar(f): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2017
Several.

Eagle, Komodo dragon, Jaguar, Hippopotamus, Panda, Wolf, Rhinoceros, Felines (Spotted, speckled, striped and plain, Insects (mosquitoes for one)...

And dinosaurs.

Shrugs. I am human after all. I have to explore this earth of things that are fascinating.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by ibkkk(f): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2017
NicoBaba:
shita! in Ibadan accent

What's "shita",please?
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Jackossky:

Boss, I do commend your usage of English, but from what I have learnt so far; the subject pronoun 'HE' should be followed by a singular verb 'Is' or "Was' as regard to its usage above.

Thank you.
Yes..thats when "HE" is the main subject....

The condition of "IF" existing here has annulled that rule....becos "if" is a condition that is non existent at that time...a future speculation
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by flamingREED(m): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Some sentence sound great but are wrong cos rules of grammar example concord isn't obeyed

Whenever u’re talking about something that isn’t a reality at the moment, It doesn’t matter whether we are referring to a single person or a group of people subject. As soon as we cross the border between reality and speculation, “were” is the word to be used...

Examples of what I mean:

I was rich and I owned a house at the seaside.(reality: was will be used)
If I were rich, I would have owned a house at the seaside. (hopeful reality i.e non existent at the moment: were will be used)

He was the captain of the team and he chose a different strategy.

If he were captain of the team, he would have chosen a different strategy.

So, for ur above statement:

If it happens that all animals were tamed, domesticated and turned pets, which animal would you love to have as a pet?

It's called 'hypothetical obligation' among others.
The structure must include 'if... were ..., ... would ...'
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by hysteriabox(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2017
internationalman:
Let's me help you retype it b4 u murder what's left of the English u used. .........
Hian
Some people problem no bi here
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by castro316: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2017
lastmaster:
Mine is Anaconda. I love that reptile with passion. The way it romance its prey before devouring them is amazing.

I am sure you would have preferred if you had one anaconda between your legs...haha
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by heroboy5: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2017
Elephant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Introducing My Girl Ariel Of Pearl Kennel / My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach / Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.