Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,151 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? (1047 Views)

5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by Originalsly: 5:28am On Aug 16, 2017
I thought it was me only... until I spoke with a few people who said after surgery they feel sad/depressed at times.... never felt as peaceful as before the surgery... feel like something was taken away from them... a sort of emptiness inside....the kind of feeling you get when someone close to you dies. If you had a surgery... do you feel the same?...has anything changed for you?...or somebody you know?
My surgery was minor eye surgery due to trauma... a few minutes surgery that resulted in my lens being removed and replaced . Being wounded... didn't carry this 'something missing' feelings.... so why is this kind feeling attached to surgery or is it really if a part of the inside is taken away? Share your experience /thoughts.
Re: Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by Droleo1: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2017
It's psychological, they will get over it with time.

Dr Leonard
Re: Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by bummyla(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2017
Mine The 6 weeks of recovery was hell on earth, but now I am fine, full of life! Glory to JESUS! https://www.bmmyla.com
Re: Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by DeeMain(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
[sub][/sub]

This is an area not covered by medical science. Mind, body and spirit are interconnected. Doing the surgery, might have triggered what had happened in the original trauma event.

The feelings you felt must be somehow related to the original events surrounding the trauma.

The body and the mind cannot be separated.
Re: Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by Tellemall: 6:09am On Nov 24, 2019
Originalsly:
I thought it was me only... until I spoke with a few people who said after surgery they feel sad/depressed at times.... never felt as peaceful as before the surgery... feel like something was taken away from them... a sort of emptiness inside....the kind of feeling you get when someone close to you dies. If you had a surgery... do you feel the same?...has anything changed for you?...or somebody you know?
My surgery was minor eye surgery due to trauma... a few minutes surgery that resulted in my lens being removed and replaced . Being wounded... didn't carry this 'something missing' feelings.... so why is this kind feeling attached to surgery or is it really if a part of the inside is taken away? Share your experience /thoughts.

Was it surgery to mend something or surgery to remove it?
Re: Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by Originalsly: 11:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Tellemall:

Was it surgery to mend something or surgery to remove it?

Was surgery to remove a piece of tissue in the eye that was there since I ran into a table when I was 4/5 years old and suffered blunt trauma to the eye. It was in there for yearssssss and eventually floated around to the front of the eye and blocked the opening... blinded in a short time. To remove the tissue..... they had to get into the eye and the natural lens had to be taken out. That cannot be reused so it was replaced with an artificial one.
So is it because the eye an organ was breached?/because the lens was taken out?/both?
It's been 2 years now and the feeling of.emptiness is no longer there.
Re: Does Surgery Affect The Soul/mind? by Tellemall: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2019
Originalsly:

Was surgery to remove a piece of tissue in the eye that was there since I ran into a table when I was 4/5 years old and suffered blunt trauma to the eye. It was in there for yearssssss and eventually floated around to the front of the eye and blocked the opening... blinded in a short time. To remove the tissue..... they had to get into the eye and the natural lens had to be taken out. That cannot be reused so it was replaced with an artificial one.
So is it because the eye an organ was breached?/because the lens was taken out?/both?
It's been 2 years now and the feeling of.emptiness is no longer there.

I would expect you to be happy to remove it! cheesy

Maybe it's because it's been a part of your life so long, you begin to live life like it was always there. Then when it's gone, it's like losing a vital part of yourself.

An interesting observation, though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Complete Cure Of Diabetes Permanently / The Oldest Man In Akwa Ibom State Is Dead - See Photo / The Extension Of COVID-19 Lockdown: See Nigerians' Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.