Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria (3003 Views)

BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion) / 'Scam Show': BBNaija Viewers Outraged Over Kaisha's Eviction / Laycon, From Shame To Fame: Meet The BBNaija Housemate Who Was Mocked Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by y3mi(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2017
Why all these noises about Game of Thrones series addicts in Nigeria....

Even on radio, OAPs wastes airtime musing on the Dethroned.

Lame of Thrones only appeals to those who are incapable generating never-ending fantastic concept which some of us do on daily basis, I was one of the first to come across it in an SFX magazine months before the first pilot episode was premiered but when I eventually got to watch it, I excused myself instantly while my sisters got glued to it. I don't waste my time watching some people's imagination made into series, same way I never watched Merlin and Legend of The Seeker and wouldn't watch a serialized World of Warcraft...I'll rather watch fact based non-fiction series that are historically inspired such as Spartacus, Vikings, Marco-Polo, DaVinci Demons (a bit added fictions). Even I'll watch a Pirate of the Caribbean if it was converted into seasons because sea pirates actually existed, hell I'll keep watching a post-apocalyptic series like The Walking Dead despite its declining audience and low ratings simply because it's original idea continue to reflects how humans would continue to be humans in the midst of ever-present dangers.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by iwakacome: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2017
dude, whatever rocks your boat. Is anyone forcing you?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by benzene00: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2017
how does this stop the movie from selling
waiting for episode 6

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by tonio2wo: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2017
Yeye op! Goan watch ur super story na.

2 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Riptider(f): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
Same as I
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by y3mi(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
First time I heard of him was in those kid days where we were told Colombia is the only place cocaine is legal, and that he was killed on top of a roof. After watching Narcos, I learned a lot about him and the socio-political dynamics that shaped and guided the decisions of the legendary drug baron 'Pablo Escoba'. What's there to learn from a useless time-wasting fiction like Shame of Thrones? I'd rather watch boring British films if there's nothing else in the world to see.. Oh darn, there are thousands sword & sorcery / hack n slash / fantasy books of fiction that kick Lame of Throne arses over Everest crest. There's Dungeon and Dragons world, there's the King Beyond The Gates world if I remembering that title correctly, and numerous others, some of which I've read in a long past but can't remember. I treat it with the same hate I despise the likes of Eragon and Finding Nemo.

2 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by dennisworld1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
benzene00:
how does this stop the movie from selling

waiting for episode 6
so 6 already leaked
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by jonbellion(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
y3mi:

Lame of Thrones only appeals to those who are incapable generating never-ending fantastic concept which some of us do on daily basis, I was one of the first to come across it in an SFX magazine months before the first pilot episode was premiered but when I eventually got to watch it, I excused myself instantly while my sisters got glued to it. I don't waste my time watching some people's imagination made into series, same way I never watched Merlin and Legend of The Seeker and wouldn't watch a serialized World of Warcraft...I'll rather watch fact based non-fiction series that are historically inspired such as Spartacus, Vikings, Marco-Polo, DaVinci Demons (a bit added fictions). Even I'll watch a Pirate of the Caribbean if it was converted into seasons because sea pirates actually existed, hell I'll keep watching a post-apocalyptic series like The Walking Dead despite its declining audience and low ratings simply because it's original idea continue to reflects how humans would continue to be humans in the midst of ever-present dangers.
eh don't watch who cares about you na Would your viewing give it the already positive ratings it already has
Your opinion is like a smaill spiff of urine in an ocean

4 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by CltrAltDelicious(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
Oniranu jati jati sad
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Op how you fail to relate game of thrones the present day human life amazes me

Ever read 48 laws of power by Greene? And you still can't relate it to Game of thrones I'll say you should stick to watching Jenifa's Dairy (No offense to her fans)

Or op you just did a copy and paste of some boring American kid's review undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by darkid1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
I cant believe a full grow adult would write a long article to banter those that do not share the same tv show interest at himself... So you dont watch Game of throne, who cares? So we should give you a Nobel peace prize?

Not everyone can like the same thing , and if at this age , you are finding it difficult to understand , then you missed an integral part of growing up... smiley

And I would like to congratulate you. You have gotten the attention you seek.

2 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by darkid1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thoniameek:

Ever read 48 laws of power by Greene? And you still can't relate it to Game of thrones I'll say you should stick to watching Jenifa's Dairy (No offense to her fans)

Or op you just did a copy and paste of some boring American kid's review undecided

See how the joker justified walking dead "audience and low ratings simply because it's original idea continue to reflects how humans would ..."

Dude, I know deep in your soul, you feel left out...

2 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by darkid1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thoniameek:

See how the joker justified walking dead "audience and low ratings simply because it's original idea continue to reflects how humans would ..."

Dude, I know deep in your soul, you feel left out , and how can you condemn something you haven't sat down to watch well just cause your frustrated cause other derive joy from it... Thats just sad man

1 Like

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Ermacc: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
darkid1:
I cant believe a full grow adult would write a long article to banter those that do not share the same tv show interest at himself... So you dont watch Game of throne, who cares? So we should give you a Nobel peace prize?

Not everyone can like the same thing , and if at this age , you are finding it difficult to understand , then you missed an integral part of growing up... smiley

And I would like to congratulate you. You have gotten the attention you seek.

Don't mind the op. He just choses to be against it because every one is for it. They are so many lessons from GOT. Betrayal, loyalty, greed, respect for values, power play, family, blood ties, peace, conflict, responsibility, ambition, revenge...You can also admire it for its storyline, depth in character growth, it's realistic approach, portrayal of characters etc. Pls don't say this out in the open so you won't get stoned

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by stormborn28(m): 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
hmmmm....OP has cholera on d mouth....what a nonsense....it is not only historical events u learn....dat movie has a lot to tell and to learn from
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Goldicon49: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Who be this guy self, how did you come up with this rubbish self..e b like say u no get friends or people no dy follow your thread ,so you wrote this nonsense to become popular on nairaland Abi ....y Don't you stick to the ones you know how to watch instead of bad mouthing abi bad typing other people's own...I don't blame you sha because the brain behind this your stupid write up can not Carry GOT,Abi You won Craze?
Oga park well jor. BUFFOON
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Kaycee7(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2017
The idiot cannot even troll properly. He said he will watch Pirates of the Caribbean bcoz pirates existed. The kings, queens, lords & ladies, knights on GOT, did they not exist as well? Anyway, you have been noticed. I hope it adds money to your account
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by y3mi(m): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2017
With such blithe disregard for the imagination-dead, fantasy-jerking crickets who have hopped here to chirp, I hereby proceed with impunity to further squash their lurid existence.

Of all the realistic fictions available, it's Lame of Thrones these wankers can attribute '48 Laws of Power' to, what an insult to the profound work of Robert Greene.

Well, I see this only reveals to me that the same class of pedantic minions swarming this section of the Matrix are of the same stock I've encountered in the real world.

The nearest of any reality-akin motion-fiction TV series a book as incisive, thought-provoking and mentally-engaging as 48 Laws of Powers can be attributed to...is 'Power', and not Lame of Thrones where Lord of The Ring meets Corriolanus meets Reign of Fire in collusion with The Tudor to produce an expanded world of Eragonic fantasy jumbled with folkloric elements found in Ladybird's classics.
I'd rather watch James Cameron's 'Avatar' in reverse slow motion.

1 Like

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by onosprince(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
OP you are very foolish.
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Edopesin: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
onosprince:
OP you are very foolish.

Nawa ooo somebody can't say his mind again undecided mtcheew
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by y3mi(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2017
Edopesin:

Nawa ooo somebody can't say his mind again undecided mtcheew
Imagine, one of them crickets calling me a troll! How can an OP be a troll in his own thread? Shows how much some people suck at trolling.

Anyway... I enjoy seeing them yelp with every each post they make to defend their Shame of Thrones and it shouldn't surprise those whose tastes in entertainment as being highly refined to know that these Shame of Thrones addicts are the same teens, preteens and adults alike who are obsessed with the never-ending anime fantasy like Naruto. And yes... Shame of Thrones can be likened to a lame azz anime series like Naruto since they both share an ultra-fantasy world in common bearing a tendency to never reach a logical conclusion for as long as the appetite of the imaginatively-dry zombience is continuously fed with more and more converging diverging stories, mesmerizing new world and captivating plots, whereas very few but originals but animes like Samurai Champloo can be compared with historically inspired series like Salem, Marco Polo, Vikings, Spartacus and all other genuine non-fictional TV series all of which conformed to their respective historical ending.

2 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2017
Ermacc:
Don't mind the op. He just choses to be against it because every one is for it. They are so many lessons from GOT. Betrayal, loyalty, greed, respect for values, power play, family, blood ties, peace, conflict, responsibility, ambition, revenge...You can also admire it for its storyline, depth in character growth, it's realistic approach, portrayal of characters etc. Pls don't say this out in the open so you won't get stoned
True.
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2017
You get to learn a lot from watching game of thrones.
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by y3mi(m): 1:32am On Aug 20, 2017
Rorachy:
You get to learn a lot from watching game of thrones.
How would you feel if someone told said you get to learn a lot from Tom & Jerry? Will you take such person serious?

Of course the answer is NO. But Tom & Jerry is also about power play where imagination is stretched beyond any limit. Jerry could conjure up a sledge � hammer from his side and slam it on Tom � cat, they both could swallow up anything and so on and on, but they both tussle for power and dominion.

In case you don't get the point. Have you ever heard of Egoli: Place of Gold? If you are looking for a, super-lenghty drama to learn a lot from, I recommend you go watch it. It has 4,469 episodes and it's not about some imaginary kingdoms, dragons and a dwarf.

2 Likes

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Elkrypto(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2017
I have a realistic grasp of my own strengths and weaknesses. My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind… and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow.

- Tyrion Lannister

Every man to his own. We can't all like the same thing. You sound so pained by another man's interest.
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by MyNewJackeT: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2017
OP you dey miss grin

I had to binge watch just to get to this level.
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by jonbellion(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
y3mi:
How would you feel if someone told said you get to learn a lot from Tom & Jerry? Will you take such person serious?

Of course the answer is NO. But Tom & Jerry is also about power play where imagination is stretched beyond any limit. Jerry could conjure up a sledge � hammer from his side and slam it on Tom � cat, they both could swallow up anything and so on and on, but they both tussle for power and dominion.

In case you don't get the point. Have you ever heard of Egoli: Place of Gold? If you are looking for a, super-lenghty drama to learn a lot from, I recommend you go watch it. It has 4,469 episodes and it's not about some imaginary kingdoms, dragons and a dwarf.
so you'll rather watch tom and jerry than game of thrones
I can see you're an idiotic troll who was dropped on his head as a child and came out from a broken home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by y3mi(m): 4:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Elkrypto:
I have a realistic grasp of my own strengths and weaknesses. My mind is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Resist being a diiiick for a month and see the new dimension your reasoning takes. If you can tell how pained I am on the taste of others over the internet then you should be able to detect how degenerating your ability to comprehend is. House of Card is as realistic and original as any real life event where power play and game of wits is central. How many viewers faithful to the intense political drama keep disturbing the cyberspace with leaks and what's to come or expect ?

MyNewJackeT:
OP you dey miss grin

I had to binge watch just to get to this level.
Lame of Thrones season 1-5 @ 1080p is right there occupying a massive 25GB space on my external HD. Point is... I ain't missing shiiii, I'm just treating it the way I'm treating the Black Sail and the likes. I can begin to watch them anytime if I want to.

1 Like

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Elkrypto(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2017
y3mi:
Resist being a diiiick for a month and see the new dimension your reasoning takes. If you can tell how pained I am on the taste of others over the internet then you should be able to detect how degenerating your ability to comprehend is. House of Card is as realistic and original as any real life event where power play and game of wits is central. How many viewers faithful to the intense political drama keep disturbing the cyberspace with leaks and what's to come or expect ?

Lame of Thrones season 1-5 @ 1080p is right there
occupying a massive 25GB space on my external HD. Point is... I ain't missing shiiii, I'm just treating it the way I'm treating the Black Sail and the likes. I can begin to watch them anytime if I want to.

You opened an entire thread to lament. .. And yeah, everyone here knows who is being the dick.. . You have it on external HD, so what? You don't watch it, so what? You aren't the first.. .Pained Much tongue
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by akeeen(m): 8:29am On Aug 21, 2017
y3mi:

see ,, your sister likes it.. that means you're the dumb sibling..

nobody gives a shiit about ur dumb opinion.. u can shove it up ur arse..

the people that sat down, wrote a script , spent money to produce it doesn't gve a shit about ur opinion. ..

stupid waste of sperm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shame To Game Of Thrones Viewers In Nigeria by Flamingcharisma(f): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
@OP you are right,game of thrones is so overated and the many Indecency whatever they did even made me to hate it more.People overrate things too much(that is how they over rate taylor swift's songs too and her songs are boring).

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between 3D And Animation Cartoon? / Breaking!!! Trailer of Tunde Kelani's History Making new Film Maami / 18 Dstv Error Codes And How To Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.