Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Incorporating A Trading Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Incorporating A Trading Business (1229 Views)

Foodstuff Trading Business Idea / How To Start Domain Trading Business In Nigeria / Incorporating And Registration Of Companies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Incorporating A Trading Business by davidcave: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2017
I'm looking for ways to reduce my tax burden. I spend 20+ hours a week researching and developing trading systems, but the number of trades I make are fairly small - 50 a year, so I'm pretty sure I don't qualify for "trader tax status" which I've read allows a person to claim business deductions tax and to not be subjected to the $3K max carry-forward on losses but essentially requires them to be a day trader.

Can I legally set up an S-corp, trade through it even if I don't have "trader tax status", and provide myself with a salary that I can use to afford myself the benefits of being able to deduct health insurance, 401k contributions, business expenses, etc? Many other non-trading businesses use this technique. Are there any other techniques that traders who don't qualify as a trader in the eyes of the IRS have found to successfully reduce their tax burdens?

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://www.busixxsd.com/discussions/bussiness45

Energy Efficient Device Video
Re: Incorporating A Trading Business by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
what kind of trading business?

(1) (Reply)

Buy Jumia Voucher Worth 2K For 1000NGN (still Negotiable) / Carton, Pure Water Nylon Manufacturers Needed / After Observing that it was Scam Through Moneygram, Can You Retrieve Back ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.