Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Staying Positive Through Adversity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Staying Positive Through Adversity (416 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Lady Praises All Nigerian Men For Staying Strong Despite Challenges / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Staying Positive Through Adversity by positivestory: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
Adversity as defined by Merriam Webster Dictionary is: a difficult situation or condition; misfortune or tragedy.

People’s reaction in times of adversity always tends to be negative. Some will doubt if God really exist, some will doubt his love, some will fall into a life of seclusion and self-pity refusing to seek for help and hold grudges, becoming weighed down with the burden of their sorrows.

But should this be our reaction? Can't we find beauty in times of adversity? I believe we can.

I believe we can bring out something positive in times of adversity.

The first thing to know is that there are series of lessons to learn in life and life teaches with adverse times. The time of adversity helps us to identify and work on our weakness. I see adversity as a university where one can obtain a degree in maturity from.

Also, adversity helps us to discover the strength in us. Life does not test one above his/her inner strength; the severity of the time of adversity is equal to our capacity to solve it. This may require us to seek for help, lean and trust in God and the people around us; but one thing that is sure is that with courage, we can come out of times of adversity as a better person.

One gets buried in times of adversity not because it is too much to bear but because one decides to be a victim. We fade away in adversity if we believe that there is no way out. This is why we need to learn from people who have passed through difficult times and have come out better. Their story will inspire and strengthen us. There is really no new thing under the heaven and what we are going through is not peculiar to us alone.

There are millions of people who have turned adversity into something beautiful. In fact, the passage into success is failure. A successful person is someone who has learned from past failures. Instead of giving up, why not give it one last push, or even many more? It may even require you to use a new method and sometimes, resilience is what is needed, but we should never give in to adversity.

Perhaps this is what God is trying to teach us through nature- the life of a seed. A seed is buried in the ground, enclosed by darkness but a time comes when it springs up into life and bears many fruits.

The times of adversity is designed to bring out the best in you.

Stay Positive.

www.thepositivestory.info

(1) (Reply)

Six Tips For Saving Money This Christmas / Info About Step Parent Adoption In Nigeria / PHOTOS: Man Chases Wife And Kid Out Due To Her Inability To Bare A Male Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.