Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,245 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop (1213 Views)

How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop Without PC (photos) / This Is Why Kitkat Is The Best Android Software. / [please Help] My Pc Can't Detect My Infinix X551, After I Upgraded To Lollipop 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop by Tobitrueman(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
Tried several methods on Tecno Y4, even with Monster UI using xposed framework installer (root access) but didn't work

Has anyone faced similar situation while trying to upgrade from Android Kitkat 4.4.2 version to lollipop (any of the version)?
Pls any solution?

Re: Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop by blackweaver(m): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
You do know that it is a custom recovery and not xposed that you need for flashing a custom rom

Anyway I don't know if this will work but you can try with the information from this site:

http://abdultechs..com.ng/2017/02/upgrade-your-tecno-y4-to-60-marshmallow.html
Re: Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop by Tobitrueman(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2017
blackweaver:
You do know that it is a custom recovery and not xposed that you need for flashing a custom rom

Anyway I don't know if this will work but you can try with the information from this site:

http://abdultechs..com.ng/2017/02/upgrade-your-tecno-y4-to-60-marshmallow.html

Thank you very much. Interested people should also check out this link

http://www.prexblog.com/2017/02/upgrade-your-tecno-y4-to-60-marshmallow.html?m=1
on the subject where you can make comment with feedback
Re: Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop by Tobitrueman(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
I don almost give up sef as e nor work. Anyone been able to successfully upgrade?
Re: Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop by 9tailskid: 1:20am On Aug 18, 2017
I'd advise you to just let your phone be the way it is.. I'm not sure the Y4 got an official OTA update from Tecno, so it's best you get a new phone if you're really hung on the Lollipop experience
Flashing a custom ROM is the other option to get Lollipop on your phone but it comes with it's risks which i assume you know of..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whiteboard Animation / The Infinix Zero 5: Your Choice Smartphone For Mobile Photography / Download Gbwhatsapp Version 7.0 Apk For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.