Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo (14534 Views)

The Moment Chris Ngige Escaped Mob Attack During APC Congress In Awka. PICS / Ngige Escapes Mob Attack As Anambra APC Meeting Turns Violent / Salihu Adamu Hospitalised After Mob Attack In Niger (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Abagworo(m): 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri Eight people were said to have sustained various degrees of injuries and 30 escaped in a clash with angry youths during a demolition exercise in Orlu town, Imo state. Narrating the story, yesterday, to Vanguard in Owerri, the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Rochas Okorocha on Mayorial Affairs, Mr Emeka Osuorji, led the team of government officials on the demolition exercise.

According to Osuorji, he decided to retreat with his men when the angered youths poured fuel on their vehicles and on themselves. He added that the ugly incident took place at Owums Avenue by Amigbo road in the area and that they could be on a suicide mission. The government official said: ”

For the past one month there has been announcement for the inhabitants of Orlu city to remove the shanties, containers and illegal structures  on the major streets in Orlu town.

“But It was an ugly situation, when myself and my men and some security agents, went on the removal of the shanties and illegal structures. “At first it was first peacefull while we were removing the shanties, half way into the action, some youths mobilized themselves,  few of them we have identified. They attacked me and my men.

“Two out of the youths poured petrol on themselves and on our vehicles, in my decent manner of carrying out my duties  I sensed the situation was getting real bad, I called my men and all the security men and we retreated to my office.

“That one did not deter them they still came after us and came to our office but they did not gain entrance into our office. I am not going to shy away what happened because it was a lesson.

“However, Eight of my staff were seriously injured, their phones were stolen, monies were stolen but nobody died.” He alleged that, “The people at Owums by Amigbo road, that is where we met this resistance. From what I got the youths who collect money from these illegal structures carried out this attack.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/8-injured-30-escaped-mob-attack-imo/

2 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Larwin(m): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
Chai

1 Like

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Abagworo(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
Reason for demolition is that the ignorant traders used sand to fill up drainage and build shanties which leads to flooding in parts of the city. They are removed to make way for drainage clearing.

4 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Young03(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
chai imo state dirty oo

7 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Homeboiy: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
if na so imo dirty ,i no marry from their again

9 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Abagworo(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
Young03:
chai imo state dirty oo
Sure Imo State gutter is very dirty.

6 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by stevnwigw: 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
The people are hungry and you want to add to their pains, nonsense work.

3 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by MrHistorian: 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Indeed..OWERRI is the dirtiest City in Africa.

Such an erosion-ravaged Slum.

6 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by maxiuc(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
Okoroawusa home town
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
Na dem dem.... To commit crime no dey taya dem
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by greatiyk4u(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nigerians sha!
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by omoadeleye(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
h
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by fixedhollies(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
if erosion destroys d village, dem go blame government.

2 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Zizicardo(f): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by JoNach: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
We are most times the architect of our own problems

6 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by ebujany(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=Homeboiy post=59541789]if na so imo dirty ,i no marry from their

Mr white as snow, who wan marry you before?

5 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Joseunlimited(f): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
grin pepper dem gang every where

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by momodub: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Na wa ooo boys r not smilling
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by millionaireman: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Abagworo:
Reason for demolition is that the ignorant traders used sand to fill up drainage and build shanties which leads to flooding in parts of the city. They are removed to make way for drainage clearing.

Wow, There is no drainage system in Orlu. Your boss, governor Okorocha is yet to complete the drainage project started by former governor of Imo state from far-away Bende, Amadi Ikwechegh.

Any slight rain in Orlu floods everywhere.

You can lie against hundreds of thousands of people in Orlu; and you think you are smart?

This is the hole Okorocha govt dug at the centre of Orlu four years ago to collect floods near the habitations of human beings. To further punish the people who voted for him in elections?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by miky2002(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
stevnwigw:

Receive sense in Jesus name
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by seamus387(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
gods are angry.
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Homeboiy: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=ebujany post=59542304][/quote]

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by jeffizy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
stevnwigw:
Yet you cry for development. When will we ever do the right things and stop the victim and hunger stories?

3 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Chuksemi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Proper Sensitization through a town hall meeting should have been carried out first. And adequate compensation provided, or alternatives.
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Miraxzeebility(m): 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
N
Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Ekwekwe1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
MrHistorian:
Indeed..OWERRI is the dirtiest City in Africa.

Such an erosion-ravaged Slum.

shatap and go back to your erosion ravaged region.

we are talking about orlu andd you talking about Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by sicily4u: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
This aba currently

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
Please guys,
This is orlu, the second largest urban centre in imo state after owerri,

We should not be our own enemy, building of shanties, shacks, racks, make shift structures on drainages and water channels and equally dumping of refuse and debris in such paths are environmentally unfriendly, devastating and disastrous,

These human activities of ours is part of the major causes of flooding,
We must create right of way for water passage, else it forces it's way and that could turn into a despicable boomerang,

The way you make your bed so you lay on it,
We should support the government in doing things right for the greater good of all,

We complain of misgovernance, but when government tries to right wrongs we become incorrigible and recalcitrant,

Let's do right.
By sticking to the masterplan and lead environmentally friendly habits.

2 Likes

Re: Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo by okenwaa(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
Useless politicians.....dem no kill one??

(1) (2) (Reply)

SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists / Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos / Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.