Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Johnny Depp Visits Children’s Hospital Dressed As Captain Jack Sparrow (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Johnny Depp Visits Children’s Hospital Dressed As Captain Jack Sparrow (photos) (915 Views)

Bobrisky Dressed As A Man To His Father's Birthday Party / Jack Sparrow Spotted At A Club In Lagos (photos) / Denrele Edun Is 'Jack Sparrow' In New Photos As He Celebrates 37th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Johnny Depp Visits Children’s Hospital Dressed As Captain Jack Sparrow (photos) by UPDISTIC7: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Children at the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital get the visit of their life when they were visited by the Pirates of the Caribean star while in the hospital.

The patients at the BC Children’s Hospital in Vancouver had a good time last Monday with the 54 year old actor who dressed as his character from the movie Captain Jack Sparrow, from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies.

Depp was seen shaking hands with and hugging children currently being treated at the British Columbia hospital. What was seen as a “Pirate Party” was also held for the children.

“I have no sword, I come in peace,” The actor joked in one of the clip while greeting fans.

According to the Hospital spokeswoman Pamela Smith who revealed how her team got a call from the actor’s reps a few weeks back, requesting if he could drop by in between filming a movie in town.

“We got the wheels in motion,” she said. “And wanted to make it as quiet as possible … Some of the people on my team didn’t even know about it.”

“He took the time to really engage with them and make them smile and laugh,” she added.

It was amazing to the adults watching Depp visit each room while trying to meet all the kids, including those who were in isolation.

Many commented on Twitter on the actor’s rare visit.

#CaptainJackSparrow is so charming, they decided to be friends instead! pic.twitter.com/NjyAaPQOok

— BCChildren’sHospital (@BCChildrensHosp) August 15, 2017
“I didn’t wake up in the morning, knowing I was going to see

Johnny Depp today!” one fan stated on twitter. For Depp, this isn’t the first time he has surprised children at a local hospital. In 2015, While filming his last “Pirates” movie in Australia, he stopped by the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, were he was seen hugging and meeting the children there as well. For some this has become a trademark and a lovely gesture by him.

Jack Sparrow, Depp’s character is a popular movie character who has been depicted by Depp in several Pirates of the Caribbean movies, making first appearance in the 2003 film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, followed by the sequels Dead Man’s Chest (2006), At World’s End (2007), On Stranger Tides (2011), and Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) been the latest in the franchise.

According to Wikipedia, The franchise has grossed $4.4 billion worldwide and is the ninth highest-grossing film series of all time and it also became the first franchise where more than one film grossed $1 billion worldwide.

SOURCE: http://www.dambela.com/2017/08/16/johnny-depp-visits-childrens-hospital-dressed-captain-jack-sparrow/

Re: Johnny Depp Visits Children’s Hospital Dressed As Captain Jack Sparrow (photos) by Barney11: 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
oyibo sabi how to care for peopls
Re: Johnny Depp Visits Children’s Hospital Dressed As Captain Jack Sparrow (photos) by Zeze06(m): 6:08am On Aug 17, 2017
Johnny depp....fine actor, I remember "public enemy " how a woman sold him out...I almost cried embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Actress Opeyemi Aiyeola Rocks Matching Outfits With Her Kids / Hate Speech: The Story Of Eedris Abdulkareem And Olusegun Obasanjo (baba) / Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering - Actress, Beverly Afaglo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.