Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS (9921 Views)

Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation / CCECC Railway Scholarships: List Of Public Officials Who ‘Hijacked’ It / Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2017
Sai Integrity grin

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by ivolt: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2017
An average Nigeria loves corruption.

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by classicfrank4u(m): 10:21am On Aug 17, 2017
taah, i don't believe
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by yvesboss(m): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2017
Na the one wey you don see be that, how about the one wey you never see?

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Oshidaguy: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2017
The zombies rite now. Nawa for this govt self defending them is now too difficult for me as a zombie oo. It was only corruption we have as a source of consolation and now the lie have been busted.

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Bizibi(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2017
I've been saying it that corruption is going on unnoticed, some ekpa sycophants will twist it with load of rubbish called comment......

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by youngerikina40(m): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2017
I posted this topic on nairaland nd lala ibia gbam boot.
Okay nah okwa otuazi. LALA i u go chop ur https://www.nairaland.com/3993791/bribery-public-officials-took-40b#59553805
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Okoyiboz3: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2017
BroZuma:
grin grin grin grin

I'm not surprised but Op, I find this source questionable.

Do you know who Dr Yemi Kale is?

Do you know who authored this report?
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Acidosis(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2017
That amount is under estimated.

The Nigerian Police officers alone have taken more in the last 2 years. For example, Nigerian Police men in Warri arrest civilians for moving around with common Tablets. If you're caught with a Tecno Tablet or a phone with a large screen, and you fail to produce the receipt on the spot, you will be made to pay N2000. Even if you indeed stole the tab, just pay and you'll be set free. There's no greater form of bribery than this...

Public officers in Nigeria will by themselves kill and bury the nation. Let's not even talk about PHCN and how they make people pay unaccounted reconnection fees (bribery) to avoid total disconnection.

What about Yahoo boys? Some Police officers have built mansions with proceeds from yahoo.. In fact, someone informed me about a particular police man (a low ranking officer) along Benin Auchi road.

Nigeria is just too corrupt to prosper. If we continue to look at Saraki and the likes at the top, we will never get the true picture. Saraki will not pay anybody to secure a job for his son. It is the average Nigerians and the poor who go about paying bribes for job, admission. Greater corruption exist at the local/bottom levels.

Only God knows how much some Prison Officers have received in the last 6 months from unemployed graduates just to secure a job; some paid N800,000. This is ongoing in every quarters, the country is highly and irredeemably corrupt.

Unfortunately, EFCC as an organisation cannot achieve anything. They keep laying emphasis on Billions and Trillions, as far as, the amount you stole isn't in Billions, then you're not corrupt. That's the mentality many have. With EFCC, it can only get worse. Why won't people do Yahoo when they're aware that with 50k, they will get away with their crimes? That yahoo boy we ignore today will eventually make it and venture into politics, by simply joining a right party, his sins would be washed away and EFCC would stand to fight anyone that resist him.

That police man we ignored because he "only" took N50 (pure water money), will rise to become a DPO. Eventually, his worth will rise, and he would begin to trade riffles and information with armed robbers for N500,000. If we fail to fight corruption at the grass roots, then we aren't ready at all to do away with corruption.

It is better to fight 100 policemen who stole N50 each than fight a single man who stole N1million. It is not about the money, but the number of persons involved. Wise up MAGU!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by knowme(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2017
Seguntimmy:
Prof. Itse Sagay, Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Anti-Corruption, however, described the report as vague, saying he could not comment on it.
These Crazy people are always ready to defend their DORMANT ADMINISTRATION, and later they will be mentioning WAR AGAIST CORRUPTION as part of their ACHIEVEMENT.

Its not about this administration, its about the Nigerian system the administration is trying to curb it but its not going to be an easy task, the report was from May 2015-May 2016 so it started even before this administration came into power and have we seen previous reports ? NO because at that time it was not a crime

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by 9jatatafo(m): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria Police as an organisation is not corrupt got me laughing. Wetin we dey see with our kro kro eyes everyday!!!! lolz

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 17, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Do you know who Dr Yemi Kale is?

Do you know who authored this report?

In NL source means the link to where the Original Poster(OP)got his information viz website etc, as for YK, he is a well respected figure In the circles I move in.
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nbote(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2017
By d tym dis govt is thru with us, we go ask who we offend.. Bribery and corruption is a crime except u are in d APC and except it's done under dis govt den its jus money exchanging hands...
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by GMBuhari: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2017
You can deduce a society's intelligence by what they write

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by knowme(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2017
BroZuma:

In NL source means the link to where the Original Poster(OP)got his information viz website etc, as for YK, he is a well respected figure In the circles I move in.

lol check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemi_Kale
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2017
domiron:

You will always find it questionable when the messiah and his dotes are mentioned in scandals. N10.5 billion has already been spent from tax payers coffers just to treat him in London. Argue with that.

Habibi, did you read my comments properly before you went into dive-bomb attack mode, must you sound like the so called Patriots on NL. Please In the case of misunderstanding my comment ask Me to explain. I do not understand your tirade.

Buhari is not a messiah...I do not do demagogue.
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2017
knowme:

lol check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemi_Kale

you clearly did not understand my comment.
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Adesiji77:

cool

we are saying the same thing Uncle...if it was reported by NBS its legit.
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by omogin(f): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Can't believe these guys left out federal ministry of health and teaching hospitals on gifmis payment platform cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Keballl: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2017
knowme:

Its not about this administration, its about the Nigerian system the administration is trying to curb it but its not going to be an easy task, the report was from May 2015-May 2016 so it started even before this administration came into power and have we seen previous reports ? NO because at that time it was not a crime

Stop this nonsense cos you are not talking to fools. The period under the study is clearly stated. Your BMC sycophantic attempt is useless.

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by knowme(m): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2017
Keballl:

Stop this nonsense cos you are not talking to fools. The period under the study is clearly stated. Your BMC sycophantic attempt is useless.

I asked two pertinent questions that you refused to answer or choose to ignore, what are the statistics from the years before ? and May 2015 was not the start of this regime it started from May 29 2015 so please check things properly before you start to insult people I did not call anyone a fool and I am making sense the last administration did not care he said it on TV that stealing is not corruption so it was not relevant to have known the statistics cos am sure it will be worst

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by knowme(m): 11:10am On Aug 17, 2017
BroZuma:

you clearly did not understand my comment.

that was actually meant for the person that quoted the guy not you, I guess should have quoted the two of you, its in saying that the dude is the chief statistician so he can say anything to defend his figures
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by kjhova(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2017
obajoey:
cry
If I was president cry

Wow! What can one really do even if one was president? The spate of corruption in Nigeria is mind boggling, even by African standards!

2 Likes

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by baralatie(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2017
knowme:

the report is fictitious and absolute ridiculous?
how do you measure amount of bribes collected,is it in terms of random investigations or documented records published by govt institutions?
Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by DanielPop(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2017
CHANJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by knowme(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2017
baralatie:

the report is fictitious and absolute ridiculous?
how do you measure amount of bribes collected,is it in terms of random investigations or documented records published by govt institutions?

Same thing Sagay said, and what am even standing on is the fact that we atleast have a report of some sort

1 Like

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2017
knowme:

that was actually meant for the person that quoted the guy not you, I guess should have quoted the two of you, its in saying that the dude is the chief statistician so he can say anything to defend his figures

He's the keeper of the data and so far he hasn't been biased in his opinion. If the Data Owner says it's happening except we have different & unbiased sources for our data then his word is law.

2 Likes

Re: Public Officials Took N400bn Bribe In 1 Year – NBS by Keballl: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2017
knowme:

I asked two pertinent questions that you refused to answer or choose to ignore, what are the statistics from the years before ? and May 2015 was not the start of this regime it started from May 29 2015 so please check things properly before you start to insult people I did not call anyone a fool and I am making sense the last administration did not care he said it on TV that stealing is not corruption so it was not relevant to have known the statistics cos am sure it will be worst

You are still trying to be clever by half. offcourse the term stealing is different from corruption. Look at this bribery taking report, these indices are clearly a case of corruption and not stealing. That debate shouldn't even be up at this stage.

it is the job of the NBS to churn out data and it will be silly of citizens to try to water down this damning report by seeking to condition the minds of people.

Let's begin to act objective at all times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari / Osasu Igbinedion, Mike Adenuga, President Of Ethopia Receive Daar Awards 2019 / Breaking: Ex- CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele Refunds N4trn To FG Coffers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.