Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? (18389 Views)

Are These The Worst Paint Jobs Ever Done On Cars? / These Are 9 Of The Worst Scandals In Auto Industry History / Get Quick Cash For Vehicle You Don’t Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by symbianDON(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2017
worst car: land rover LR3 best car: honda accord 2010
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by jarkbauer: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2017
donpap:
thats factory defect not user caused defects

The issue here is factory faults.We are talking about cars that has issues
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2017
sharpwriter:

Lol...is this true or a framed story? if na true, den na confirm devouring spirit briñg that car your way o.

Na real life story. Not some cooked up story.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2017
donpap:
thats factory defect not user caused defects
It's same thing I said
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by princetom1(m): 10:11am On Aug 18, 2017
kingreign:
1990 Toyota Carina ii 2.0 GLi 4sp auto lift back.

When i returned from India, I decided to buy a small lift back which I could use to move around. I got myself a brown/gold coloured 1990 model Toyota carina ii 2.0 GLi for 450k, brown seats and brown dashboard, heated side mirrors, heated seats, I had to construct the A/C as there was none. It had alloy wheels and looked good it was a German market carina ii. I bought it, from a woman and took it home. Next day, I started the engine and it roared to life. Pushed the lever to R, the car surged backwards with speed, I slammed the brakes only to hear a groaning sound. Pushed to D, nothing R, nothing. I packed the car there. I travelled again and came back after 2months. I inspected the shafts and noticed balls on the tyre area (that time I was a novice with capital "L" who couldn't handle a spanner). I called a mechanic who checked it and told me shaft is bad, I have to replace both shafts as they were fake elcheapo eltawain shaft. I parted with 12K that day, he came with beljium shaft and installed them. He told me to shift R and D to check if they're working, I depressed the brakes and did that, on releasing the brakes, the flexible brake line on the driver's front tyre bursted. Spilling contents. 3k went out for brake pipes again.

2weeks later, I went to install a CD system LG 1 DIN with pioneer speakers and was feeling funky. I went to Suleja to flex my old babe. coming back, I started hearing a strange noise on the rear driver side tyre. I got to mechanic workshop, tie rod broke. No more steering control tyres were wobbling. 8K to purchase new tie rods, 2k for rubber booths, and 3K for one of the multilink arm on the rear (the previous arm was bent and the previous owner used dunlop slippers cut to act as rubber boot hence the noise and uneven driving).
I was back on the road again. I went to APO to flex with my guys, as per I don show Naija na, night came I was returning home, I couldn't see my front. Hmmm. I managed to get home. Called my mechanic. He said reflectors in Headlamp is faded, we should get another one. 11k for one tokunbo 7k brand new taiwan, I picked 2 tokunbo for 22k. He installed it, it was out of alignment. He adjusted it but it was only slightly brighter than the previous units, he called a re-wire who installed a relay, the headlamp worked at last, I was glad. Hehehehe Night movement started again, lol! Only for rains to come and I discovered no wipers, they were wornout and producing noise. 1,200 naira a pair in front and 300naira for long piece on the rear. Nothing's gonna stop me from 'wakaing'. I discovered the motor started drinking fuel. Chai, called my mecho again, he removed sparkplugs, installed new ones 8K (2k a piece X 4), removed airfilter and bought another one 1500, then bought injector CRC cleaner, cleaned the intake butterfly valves. Poured some in the Vacuum line. Started the car to idle a while, then change oil, 3k oil filter 1k total 4K. Economy improved a bit. But still high consumption. Came back to him, he checked and discovered the Airflowmeter is bad. 15K for belgium part. Finally, it worked. My power windows acts as if they've got a mind of their own when rains come, they may not go up. But I had to manage them, I also found the wires on the power moonroof which was detached (the moonroof was sealed with mechanic's trademark black gum which I peeled off). Suddenly, my steering became stiff. I called my mecho, he said pump is failed. Bought tokumbo pump 7k it worked, I went to AMAC. On the road going, it became stiff again. I called him, he said 'when coming home branch my workshop'. On my way home I was doing 140km/hr on berger-nicon junction expressway, suddenly I slowed down to negotiate katampe bridge, steering locked, slammed the brakes, car swerved off the road, tipped over the bridge and landed face down into the deep gutter below. All the contents in the boot fell inside the passenger cabin. I had seatbelt so i wasn't hurt, I climbed down and called my mechanic. He went to find a hiab truck they said 70k to lift the damn car out of the gutter and place it on the road side. I said NO. I quarrelled with the mechanic, I told him I am no more working with him (beef mode active). Luckily, a blue hiab of FRSC was passing by, I waved him to stop, he helped me freely, I was glad. Someone came, with a knife, cut my rear seatbelt and used it as a tow rope tied to his car and towed mine to another mechanic shop. Headlamp broken, grille broken, front driver side suspension broken, brake cable cut, bumper broken, windscreen developed a line from top to bottom, fenders bent, transaxle broken, steering bad. Over 100K to replace them, new strut bought and yet it failed a week later due to a leak thus giving out the pressurized fluid, I opted for tokumbo struts 12k. I was foolishly determined and no one's gonna let me down. angry I got on the way from AMAC and drove to go see my babe in Bida poly smiley I never knew it was gonna be another epic wrong move embarassed filled the tank up and fired, on highspeed in excess of 160km/hr on kubwa-zuba expressway. Damn speed was sweet tongue
I was dusting all other cars on the road when suddenly I hit a pothole (Suleja, Lapai, to Bida was pothole infested then, I don't know of now) suddenly, my suspension gave way again, but I was not deterred, I must love up. Suddenly, a pre-facelift Honda Accord EOD (2003-2005) swept past, this act bruised my ego, in trying to catch up, the driver suddenly stepped on his brake and a petrol truck was coming ahead, I hit another pothole, my brakepad flew out, this gave me no room to maneuver, I rear ended that car and it was totaled. The boot, to the rear passenger was deformed badly. My front end again went bad. Another crack on my new windscreen, broken headlamp, broken grille, bumper. Suddenly another lorry from behind side swiped my Right side, a piece of sharp metal from the truck sank into my car's rear quarter slicing the metallic body work all thru the rear door area. cry the alhaji came out and looked at his car, looked at mine, and told me to go repair mine, he'll fix his. shocked smiley I was shocked and happy. I continued my mumu journey to Bida poly, stopped at the gate, called the babe, she say she was busy, can't attend to me. angry chai!

Ego bruised again, I kuku enter my kabu kabu jalopy, manage enter zuba, police check point. Them men in black wanted to start their story again. I vex tell them say make dem leave me, I need to go rest joor. Out of pity one of them met others and they let me go with my jalopy. Got to my old mechanic, he said, 'you don come again with your wahala'? I no fit answer. We fixed the car, 80K went from my pocket. Toks bumper (blue colour), toks struts, toks headlamps, toks grille, brake lines, pads, calipers, booster, disc and master (remember my brake pad fell off, I had to ride the car like that). welding and panelbeating the rear quarter and door area sliced thru. Immediately I fixed it, I put it up for sale, some dudes came, paid 300k cash, took it and travelled lol, wahala removed finally grin When they got to their destination, they started calling me. Fear no gree let me pick embarassed I finally summoned courage to pick after many missed calls from them only for them to tell me I don't know what I sold to them for such a cheap amount. If only I knew, I won't had sold it so cheaply. shocked Mumu people cheesy grin

Mehn, because of that car I learn mechanic by force, and all the chukuwdi, nonso and spareparts dealers for kubwa and zuba come know me as customer. embarassed angry

I posted this when I was using Lomomike moniker here:
https://www.nairaland.com/150189/worst-car-youve-driven-been#30719947

How to become a mechanic. 101 grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kunle19: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2017
Dasun 120y
ajapa car alias yeree be yoo
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by Amajerry83(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2017
Rover 75
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by donpap: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2017
jarkbauer:

The issue here is factory faults.We are talking about cars that has issues
every car can have factory issues not just those he listed.i got a brand new toyota corolla as an official ride with bad rear shocks and worn brake pads.that doesnt make toyotas problematic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by Mozzy59: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2017
U over paid for those items bro...got same items for less..shud have visited d market ur self
moscobabs:
Nissan Quest 2000

This vehicle nearly turn me to madman ,The parts seems to be the most expensive In the world, I bought just one side mirror for #21k ,bumpers 36k ,that thing wey den dey write Nissan in front of Vehicle that looks like bet #18k, full light #22k just because of small accident o..after then na so overheating con start o I have changed the Fan 3 times now.the way the vehicle is consuming fuel as if na hin be only V6 in this world.
But the speed nice sa
The funniest is that I love the beauty of the car
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2017
Amajerry83:
Rover 75

Hope you've disposed it?
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2017
donpap:
every car can have factory issues not just those he listed.i got a brand new toyota corolla as an official ride with bad rear shocks and worn brake pads.that doesnt make toyotas problematic.

Every car has its own issues but some are demonic in nature. Look at Freelander, rover 75, Peugeot, et al.
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by obajoje: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Opel, It later got burnt.
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by IBreakRules: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2017
gragraboy:

And you have had to quote the whole epistle?
No vex sir. I am an amateur on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by moscobabs(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2017
Mozzy59:
U over paid for those items bro...got same items for less..shud have visited d market ur self
I though same too. The accident happened the first day I took the car out and I don't want people to know.that's y I rushed to do the repair

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by holborno(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
Honda Accord v6 2001(baby boy)
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by ImaIma1(f): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
kingreign:
1990 Toyota Carina ii 2.0 GLi 4sp auto lift back.

When i returned from India, I decided to buy a small lift back which I could use to move around. I got myself a brown/gold coloured 1990 model Toyota carina ii 2.0 GLi for 450k, brown seats and brown dashboard, heated side mirrors, heated seats, I had to construct the A/C as there was none. It had alloy wheels and looked good it was a German market carina ii. I bought it, from a woman and took it home. Next day, I started the engine and it roared to life. Pushed the lever to R, the car surged backwards with speed, I slammed the brakes only to hear a groaning sound. Pushed to D, nothing R, nothing. I packed the car there. I travelled again and came back after 2months. I inspected the shafts and noticed balls on the tyre area (that time I was a novice with capital "L" who couldn't handle a spanner). I called a mechanic who checked it and told me shaft is bad, I have to replace both shafts as they were fake elcheapo eltawain shaft. I parted with 12K that day, he came with beljium shaft and installed them. He told me to shift R and D to check if they're working, I depressed the brakes and did that, on releasing the brakes, the flexible brake line on the driver's front tyre bursted. Spilling contents. 3k went out for brake pipes again.

2weeks later, I went to install a CD system LG 1 DIN with pioneer speakers and was feeling funky. I went to Suleja to flex my old babe. coming back, I started hearing a strange noise on the rear driver side tyre. I got to mechanic workshop, tie rod broke. No more steering control tyres were wobbling. 8K to purchase new tie rods, 2k for rubber booths, and 3K for one of the multilink arm on the rear (the previous arm was bent and the previous owner used dunlop slippers cut to act as rubber boot hence the noise and uneven driving).
I was back on the road again. I went to APO to flex with my guys, as per I don show Naija na, night came I was returning home, I couldn't see my front. Hmmm. I managed to get home. Called my mechanic. He said reflectors in Headlamp is faded, we should get another one. 11k for one tokunbo 7k brand new taiwan, I picked 2 tokunbo for 22k. He installed it, it was out of alignment. He adjusted it but it was only slightly brighter than the previous units, he called a re-wire who installed a relay, the headlamp worked at last, I was glad. Hehehehe Night movement started again, lol! Only for rains to come and I discovered no wipers, they were wornout and producing noise. 1,200 naira a pair in front and 300naira for long piece on the rear. Nothing's gonna stop me from 'wakaing'. I discovered the motor started drinking fuel. Chai, called my mecho again, he removed sparkplugs, installed new ones 8K (2k a piece X 4), removed airfilter and bought another one 1500, then bought injector CRC cleaner, cleaned the intake butterfly valves. Poured some in the Vacuum line. Started the car to idle a while, then change oil, 3k oil filter 1k total 4K. Economy improved a bit. But still high consumption. Came back to him, he checked and discovered the Airflowmeter is bad. 15K for belgium part. Finally, it worked. My power windows acts as if they've got a mind of their own when rains come, they may not go up. But I had to manage them, I also found the wires on the power moonroof which was detached (the moonroof was sealed with mechanic's trademark black gum which I peeled off). Suddenly, my steering became stiff. I called my mecho, he said pump is failed. Bought tokumbo pump 7k it worked, I went to AMAC. On the road going, it became stiff again. I called him, he said 'when coming home branch my workshop'. On my way home I was doing 140km/hr on berger-nicon junction expressway, suddenly I slowed down to negotiate katampe bridge, steering locked, slammed the brakes, car swerved off the road, tipped over the bridge and landed face down into the deep gutter below. All the contents in the boot fell inside the passenger cabin. I had seatbelt so i wasn't hurt, I climbed down and called my mechanic. He went to find a hiab truck they said 70k to lift the damn car out of the gutter and place it on the road side. I said NO. I quarrelled with the mechanic, I told him I am no more working with him (beef mode active). Luckily, a blue hiab of FRSC was passing by, I waved him to stop, he helped me freely, I was glad. Someone came, with a knife, cut my rear seatbelt and used it as a tow rope tied to his car and towed mine to another mechanic shop. Headlamp broken, grille broken, front driver side suspension broken, brake cable cut, bumper broken, windscreen developed a line from top to bottom, fenders bent, transaxle broken, steering bad. Over 100K to replace them, new strut bought and yet it failed a week later due to a leak thus giving out the pressurized fluid, I opted for tokumbo struts 12k. I was foolishly determined and no one's gonna let me down. angry I got on the way from AMAC and drove to go see my babe in Bida poly smiley I never knew it was gonna be another epic wrong move embarassed filled the tank up and fired, on highspeed in excess of 160km/hr on kubwa-zuba expressway. Damn speed was sweet tongue
I was dusting all other cars on the road when suddenly I hit a pothole (Suleja, Lapai, to Bida was pothole infested then, I don't know of now) suddenly, my suspension gave way again, but I was not deterred, I must love up. Suddenly, a pre-facelift Honda Accord EOD (2003-2005) swept past, this act bruised my ego, in trying to catch up, the driver suddenly stepped on his brake and a petrol truck was coming ahead, I hit another pothole, my brakepad flew out, this gave me no room to maneuver, I rear ended that car and it was totaled. The boot, to the rear passenger was deformed badly. My front end again went bad. Another crack on my new windscreen, broken headlamp, broken grille, bumper. Suddenly another lorry from behind side swiped my Right side, a piece of sharp metal from the truck sank into my car's rear quarter slicing the metallic body work all thru the rear door area. cry the alhaji came out and looked at his car, looked at mine, and told me to go repair mine, he'll fix his. shocked smiley I was shocked and happy. I continued my mumu journey to Bida poly, stopped at the gate, called the babe, she say she was busy, can't attend to me. angry chai!

Ego bruised again, I kuku enter my kabu kabu jalopy, manage enter zuba, police check point. Them men in black wanted to start their story again. I vex tell them say make dem leave me, I need to go rest joor. Out of pity one of them met others and they let me go with my jalopy. Got to my old mechanic, he said, 'you don come again with your wahala'? I no fit answer. We fixed the car, 80K went from my pocket. Toks bumper (blue colour), toks struts, toks headlamps, toks grille, brake lines, pads, calipers, booster, disc and master (remember my brake pad fell off, I had to ride the car like that). welding and panelbeating the rear quarter and door area sliced thru. Immediately I fixed it, I put it up for sale, some dudes came, paid 300k cash, took it and travelled lol, wahala removed finally grin When they got to their destination, they started calling me. Fear no gree let me pick embarassed I finally summoned courage to pick after many missed calls from them only for them to tell me I don't know what I sold to them for such a cheap amount. If only I knew, I won't had sold it so cheaply. shocked Mumu people cheesy grin

Mehn, because of that car I learn mechanic by force, and all the chukuwdi, nonso and spareparts dealers for kubwa and zuba come know me as customer. embarassed angry

I posted this when I was using Lomomike moniker here:
https://www.nairaland.com/150189/worst-car-youve-driven-been#30719947

Storyteller!!! See your post...only you. Well done
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by sydlak: 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thank you o! I have used all accord from allah to bullet to baby boy and discussion continues, my wife even drive the 2010 at the moment. No single issue till date. Not even a pulled leg. In fact I used my baby boy for 7 years. No single issue. No pulled leg for once. It's a very simple maintenance with Honda. Honda has the lower and upper arms unlike Toyotas. Nigerian road is bad, change both whenever you notice any squeaking sound and don't let mukaila to tell you there is nothing wrong with it. I change both arms Every year.
lillyontop:

I don't believe Accord has issues just because you see peopke Honda pull legs doesn't mean it want to and it did I have been using Accord for 8 to 9 years now and I haven't had any issues as such firstly was an Honda Hala well that one give me issue cos Na God no where them bring am come from and I used another brand vw golf 3 later changed to baby boy V6 present I have been using my V6 EOD for 2 going to 3 years and and to me it's just like I am falling in love with the car over and over again when you are using Honda you need to know when the baby needs something and when it needs it give to him Toyota is for the poor and nonchalant people sorry to make that statement but that just the truth and my own opinion

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by AceVentura: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Honda Pilot 2003

The devil lives in that car.

It took me to hell & back

Simples....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by Eeroh95(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Beetle

Ijapa or tortoise

Call it anyone you want.. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by Amajerry83(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
kingreign:

Hope you've disposed it?
Long ago.
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
ImaIma1:

Storyteller!!! See your post...only you. Well done
ima ima, imani adodie? Mbok afuo aban mo?
Abake AKS or CRS?
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Amajerry83:
Long ago.
lol
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
AceVentura:
Honda Pilot 2003
The devil lives in that car.
It took me to hell & back
Simples....
what was it about that SUV that caused you so much bitterness?
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by vertueptime: 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
buchilino:

I THINK 307 IS D WORST. DON'T EVA CARRY 2 BAGS OF RICE IN IT.

My brother I dissagree, i had a 307 too, u just had a bad electrician and u didnt knw some delicate tips on it, if u knw d dos and donts of 307 its a sweet car, but my brother 607 na car wey mechanic go run away wen u enter his workshop, its has d worst second hand value compared to any peugeout ever made
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by ImaIma1(f): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
kingreign:

ima ima, imani adodie? Mbok afuo aban mo?

Abake AKS or CRS?

Mba ke Lag
Re: What Is The Worst Vehicle You Have Ever Used ? by kingreign(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
ImaIma1:

Mba ke Lag
mba ke Abuja,

abake whatsapp? mbok nor min number mfu

se number min: 07934581213. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / Bodo Buschmann – Founder Of Brabus Dies At 62 / Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.