Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,884 members, 7,806,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution (16856 Views)

Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting / ASUU Strike: Strike May Be Suspended As FG, ASUU Meet On Thursday, Feb.7,2019 / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Lautechgossip(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2017
​The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and the Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige will meet today to deliberate on ways of ending the strike embarked upon by the university teachers.

According to a statement by the deputy director of Press, Ministry of Labour, Mr Samuel Olowookere, the decision to resume the meeting was taken on Tuesday after the meeting between the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu and leadership of Labour Union at the Minister’s Conference room.

The statement said that the meeting particularly, agreed on the forensic audit of the sum of N30 billion, earlier given to ASUU in 2010.

The statement reads in part: “The Minister hence wishes to assure members of ASUU, indeed all Nigerians that government is already at work to resolve all outstanding issues in line with the resolve of the present administration to cast any form of disruption of universities’ academic calendar into the dust bin of history.”

http://fabinfos.com/strike-fg-ASUU-meet-today-resolution/

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by kunlesmiles(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2017
What is d latest on Lautech ASUU strike?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2017
na so them go dey do meeting till 6month

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by liftedhigh: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by liftedhigh: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
U pple had beta call off d strike b4 I change my mind o
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by brunofarad(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
It's not resolution

Rather they want to start bargaining with ASUU
And offer them PEANUTS as usual, a country that doesn't value education, it's future is bleak.

Meanwhile
Today in History : August 17 1887 , Marcus Garvey, Jamaican journalist and activist,was born ,he  founded the Black Star Line.

7 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Rick9(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
They better resolve it oh

First to Comment anyway
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by karnafiu03(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
sadU
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by jericco1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Too many meetings.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by dipznano: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
J

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by karnafiu03(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
Am still waiting for the military to strike....
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by femo122: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
grin Okay
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Balitah(f): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
I pray everything goes well

There are many 'discouragers' on this nairaland..
God Help Us!

4 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
make them find solution ooh undecided undecided
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by donblade85555(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Rick9:
They better resolve it oh
First to Comment anyway
you mean 6th to comment? undecided
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Ohaneche(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
ASUU is just being unnecessarily stubborn here.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
I guess ASUU is serious with this stuff because thinl of it, fed govt. Wants to buy 12.1 billion dollar car for senates, Buhari spending millions of pounds in london.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by hAlexandro(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
grin learn a trade that's the latest
kunlesmiles:
What is d latest on Lautech ASUU strike?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by motun2017(f): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
who strike pass? ASUU or thunder?

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by hAlexandro(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
grin
Balitah:

God Help Us!
start learning something the earlier the better grin
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
These people have successfully postponed some people destiny. ASUU make ona continuu....

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by hAlexandro(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
motun2017:
who strike pass? ASUU or thunder?
stale
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
The only ways to end strike...

Fees go up to N300000 and above

Taxes go up to half of everyone's salaries

Government borrows N10 trillion naira from IMF....N5 trillion which will be spent on just universities (we can use the rest for primary and secondary schools

Govt spends more on technical education

Universities become public-private.

Seriously.....fees are going up. I doubt govt has any SPARE money lying around for universities.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by omogin(f): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Only ASUU can wind the head of this evil propaganda govt
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
This is how these idiots will be meeting for the next six moths. rubbish. angry
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by patrickbch(m): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Why should govt wait for strike before attending to sensitive issues?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by Balitah(f): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
hAlexandro:
grin start learning something the earlier the better grin

I'm talking as a Nigerian that feel for our youths and BTW, I'm a graduate, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by dakeskese(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2017

Lets await their usual tiki-taka-esque modus operandi in playing with the destiny of these students.

They'd be passing this issue from one 14hours meeting to the other until Next year.

#Lets join everyone in the world in praying for our dear country.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by CornelG(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Balitah:

God Help Us!
Amen my dear indeed there are bad belles full over here ooo but it is well by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today For Resolution by motun2017(f): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
hAlexandro:
stale

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Withdraws Admission List Over Irregularities / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB / JAMB 2019: Ten Tips To Pass Outstandingly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.