Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers (4490 Views)

Consumer Protection Council Orders Dstv To Compensate Consumers / PHCN: Consumers To Pay More As New Owners Move To Recover Funds / Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by Factism(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2010
pls guys in d house,i have a yam plantation which will b due for harvesting in a short time.i want to sell some raw and process d others 4 sale in consumable form(boilng cooking or frying)but in package form in d lykes of plantain chips.so wot kind of pakaged edible products can i make 4sale at smaller quantity.tanks in anticipatn.

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by asscend: 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2010
You have a brilliant business on your hands.

What our country needs is food preservation techniques.

The amount of food wasted in our nation ought not to be so.

Try grinding the yam into powder format. You can still make pounded yam from it, and use it for other chemicals.

Freezing yam can be considerd. (This sounds strange but i have frozen yam on many occassions after i bought it and cooked it when i wanted; oh yes it could change colour but its still yam when cooked).

Try putting it into tins and selling it, just like you do with plum tomatoes.

So many ways to preserve, if you can get this right, trust me, you will be bigger than the banks.

i don't mind buying your yams as well as partnering with you. Anyway what part of the country are the yams from?
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by Factism(m): 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2010
D farm is in abeokuta
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by ViyonA(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
Brillaiant idea truly.

When i saw this post i googled "preserving packaging yam" and i got this website. http://www.fao.org/docrep/X5040E/X5040E01.htm. Cheq it out. it may help.
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by youngmill(m): 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2010
Factism:

pls guys in d house,i have a yam plantation which will b due for harvesting in a short time.i want to sell some raw and process d others 4 sale in consumable form(boilng cooking or frying)but in package form in d lykes of plantain chips.so wot kind of pakaged edible products can i make 4sale at smaller quantity.tanks in anticipatn.
Was wondering if you are still into the plantation bussines?if yes, what type of yam are you growing and how much will you do it per kilo?will you be able to pack and ship on request and what is the total kilo you can supply at a time?.
Is it only yam you grow, am also intrested in sugarcane, hot paper(atarodo) okra, plantain,red capsicum(tatase). Pls get back to me if you still do
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 26, 2010
@OP

Its better you grind it into powder and preserve it. That way you can even export it.
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by ibubee(f): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
@ poster, I have acess to a flash dryer and grinder that can be used to make it into powderd product, if u are interested, we can work together. call me 08034344704.
@youngmill, I also have large acres of land of casava plantation which would be ready for harvesting soon. also melon and maize. I wouldnt mind going into large scale pepper (tatase and others) plantation if you request. My farm is at Iperu, ogun state
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by babsmii(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2010
@youngmill
I have a great passion for farming and im doing all i can to start on a very large scale soon by the Grace of God. I can see you're interested in these products and i can do the supply if you want. I'll get it at a very reasonable price and pack for shipping if you want. Let me know asap if you're interested
Re: Ways Of Packaging Yams In Smaller Quantity For Final Consumers by youngmill(m): 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2010
babsmii:

@youngmill
I have a great passion for farming and im doing all i can to start on a very large scale soon by the Grace of God. I can see you're interested in these products and i can do the supply if you want. I'll get it at a very reasonable price and pack for shipping if you want. Let me know asap if you're interested
Yes am intrested, am an wholesaler and buy in bulk. if you can drop ur mail address or number so we can discus further.

(1) (Reply)

Ideas Needed For Fish Recycling System / How Can I Locate Cac Office In Port Harcourt? Pls Help / Can I Use Palmpay To Receive Dollars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.