Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin (70677 Views)

Stop Bleaching!.. Correct Your Skin With Milk And Honey Sugar Scrub.. / 'My Bleaching wife, My Benin Witch'- Man To His Wife On Their Aniversary(pics / Bleaching Children From The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
Point of correction, Not all blacks are beautiful same as not all white are beautiful.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by mrjojo: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
This is really rampart now seriously, it worrisome. Just last week I was asking a neighbor what cream she was using for her kids that made them so fresh and fair. She said she mixed Shea butter and funbact A. My mouth was wide open, isn't funbact A suppose to be for bacteria infection?? To say these kids are just 3 and 2yrs old.

What exactly is happening with this generation??

3 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by otswag(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
1Sharon:
Here we go again. undecided

Bleaching is not always harmful, doctors even prescribe hydroquinone. But applying those creams on a newborn, I don't think is right.

I wonder why woman that relax their daughters hair don't get much heat?

Nigeria is not a country that appreciates dark skin. Someone here called the woman on my profile a black demon.

This is all a charade.
Drs only prescribe topical steroids like hydroquinone to treat skin lesions that require it. No sane, well trained dr will tell u to use it for skin lightening.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by MyNewJackeT: 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
warrah:

Is funbactA bad for newborn?

Is it funbact A they used on you when you were a baby?

5 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Chidonc(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
sounds like lies but have seen it first hand more especially that of mixing new born baby cream with funbact A.if u have never come across such parents, u wont believe

1 Like

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Prestdude: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
Pathetic!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by yvelchstores(f): 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
warrah:

if the producers of funbact A ever heard their product was used on babies, they will be shocked. It's bad.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by mrjojo: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2017
warrah:

funbact A is use to treat bacteria and such infections. The usage without any infection is Ludacris, and even with infection, you stop usage after 5days. Daily usage on a newborn is just madness shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2017
1Sharon:

Bleaching is not always harmful, doctors even prescribe hydroquinone. But applying those creams on a newborn, I don't think is right.

Nigeria is not a country that appreciates dark skin. Someone here called the woman on my profile a black demon.

This is all a charade.

What do you mean bleaching is not always harmful. Stop playing around with facts you know nothing about or don't understand.
Yes dermatologist recommend it for treating acne spots yet without giving you at least a spf 50 sunscreen and warning you not to use it for more than 6 months! This is even only recommended to people with extreme cases.

Saying Nigeria doesn't appreciate dark skin and therefore the article is all charade is crap. I mean it's not about the being dark skinned but the bleaching creams used. They are the problems, ready to causing more problems in the future, skin cancer, skin thinning etc. The fact that most people might see it as ok does not in any way make it right!

Besides we are talking about bleaching, no need bringing up relaxers. That's another problem, another story. It shouldn't be used to justify this as right

15 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by okenwaa(m): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tufia!!

Me I'm black n I'm proud!!
BBB

3 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by 1Sharon(f): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
lovelygurl:

What do you mean bleaching is not always harmful. Stop playing around with facts you know nothing about or don't understand.
Yes dermatologist recommend it for treating acne spots yet without giving you at least a spf 50 sunscreen and warning you not to use it for more than 6 months! This is even only recommended to people with extreme cases.

Saying Nigeria doesn't appreciate dark skin and therefore the article is all charade is crap. I mean it's not about the being dark skinned but the bleaching creams used. They are the problems, ready to causing more problems in the future, skin cancer, skin thinning etc. The fact that most people might see it as ok does not in any way make it right!

Besides we are talking about bleaching, no need bringing up relaxers. That's another problem, another story. It shouldn't be used to justify this as right

Ok

1 Like

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by martineverest(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
It's really sad.

I visited my old friend who stay in face-me-and face-u accommodation, only to see one of his neighbor's kids with serious sunburn... I was really shocked
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by mamatwiny(f): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
So you have not heard of women that put bleach in the bathing water of their children? You heard me right- bleach?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by martineverest(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
I was surprised at how one lady kept asking my cousin to reveal the cream she is using for her kids, who are naturally fair in complexion......... While hers were dark
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Marioplus:
Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin:
by Oluseye Igbafe
I heard about this for the first time a year ago at the birthday party of a friend's child. One of our mutual friends walked up to me and after pleasantries, said to me:

“Sis, your daughter is very pretty oh.”
“Thanks”, I replied.
"What cream do you use for her?” She asked
"Cream?! I use Johnson Baby lotion."
"Only?! What do you use to bring out her colour?” she persisted.
“I don’t really understand you,” I answered her, “What colour am I bringing out?”
"No oh, you should use something that will bring out her colour. Don’t you know she will be prettier (sic) if she has fair skin?”

I cringed inwardly. All the while, I had struggled to believe she couldn’t possibly be saying what I thought she was saying.
“You mean I should start bleaching her skin? At what age and why would I do such a crazy thing?! It’s not necessary my dear,” I answered her firmly.
"It is oh my big sister. Especially for a girl but not bleaching; haba, not even toning! It’s just to bring out her colour oh and it’s not a sin," she said. "Even you should bring out your colour more,” she added.

I swallowed my raging retorts and simply said, “I hope you don’t do that for your son? He is way too small to have anything being rubbed on him. I beg of you."
*Well, since he is naturally fair-skinned, I am just maintaining it, I have been mixing his cream with Movate since he was born,” she replied
I was unable to dissuade her before we got interrupted and I eventually forgot about the conversation. Till about 2 weeks ago.
I walked into a supermarket and saw a heavily bleached woman with three beautiful girls who were looking “toned”. Their faces were conspicuously lighter than the rest of their body and their knees and knuckles were quite dark. Their ages ranged from age 10 to possibly 5.

I then decided to research the concept of parents bleaching their kids and what I found out is that there is indeed a craze for fair-skinned children; and many parents are turning their dark skinned children to fair-skinned. They claim they are helping their kids maintain their “natural skin colour”.

A lady told me it’s not bleaching or toning if it’s done with natural products. She uses Shea butter, Turmeric, Lime/Lemon, Camphor etc. to prepare “natural” soap for her daughter. Another lady recommends mixing their creams with hydrocortisone or clomatrizole creams for a “clear” smooth skin. I was simply shocked.
First, I think this generation has totally gone bunkers with vanity. No, this isn’t vanity, its shallowness of the highest order. I wrote a post last year on Sexualization of Children and though it went viral, I can assure you we are getting worse.

Why does your child need to be fair to be beautiful? What is the correlation? Where did that concept come from? What happened to Black is Beautiful? I believe every child is beautiful and even then the very beautiful ones are not just beautiful because of their skin tone but their facial structure and features.
Secondly, it’s way too early to start enhancing your child’s features to promote beauty. Children should have no vanity issues. Again I say, allow them to be children and do not give them self-esteem issues by acting as though they are not beautiful enough. Tell your children, they are beautiful irrespective of their skin colour or tone. If you as a parent can’t accept them for who they are or what skin tone they have, how do you expect them to grow into confident women who value themselves?

Lastly, do you have any idea the possible side-effects these creams will have on their skin? Rubbing chemicals on their skin for years could possibly be setting them up for skin cancer. I mean, a lot of those creams contain Mercury and hydrocortisone which have been linked to cancer even in adults.
And please do not hide behind, “I only use natural stuff so it’s harmless”. Are those things meant to be rubbed into the skin? Is Turmeric meant to be rubbed into the skin every day? Lime and lemons are acidic and will definitely have their own effect. Camphor?

I know Shea butter is good but your motive should be just to Oil or moisturize their skin to prevent it from dryness. If there is a vanity aim to your “natural method” then you are part of the problem.

Leave your child’s skin alone. Don’t set him or her up for future problems due to your own narrow view of beauty. Personally, I believe parents who bleach or tone their child’s skin should be arrested and prosecuted. It is the height of irresponsibility.

Let’s allow children to be children. Let them know whether they black, brown, yellow or white, they are all beautiful.

Women are the problem, op. Thats what you get with shallow mind social media competition. Lota ladies are loosing comon sense of reasoning becos they want to keep up. Ignorant is not helping matters.

It amazes me when you see kids posing like adault to take pictures on the instruction of an adault. Some kids will be dancing raunchilly at kiddies parties and i'll be like waawoo!
Let kids be kids aunties, mommies, ejo, please!

6 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by mrjojo: 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
mamatwiny:
So you have not heard of women that put bleach in the bathing water of their children? You heard me right- bleach?
you don't mean it? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by tzoracle: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
since I was little I rarely rubbed anything cream on my body.... my skin has had one tone since then. never experienced zits or other skin issues, my siblings who were too particular about creams are now darker than I
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by oruma19: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
fidalgo19:
Point of correction, Not all blacks are beautiful same as not all white are beautiful.
nobody urgly! Stop dis ur inferiority complex and appreciate God for every living human.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by farydah: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
we are indeed in crazy times. I was just telling a newly married lady about women bleaching their Kids' skin and her mouth was agape. lol. kids are young and most of the rashes disappear eventually sef and don't really need to be 'treated'

1 Like

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by oruma19: 10:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Marioplus:
Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin:
by Oluseye Igbafe
I heard about this for the first time a year ago at the birthday party of a friend's child. One of our mutual friends walked up to me and after pleasantries, said to me:

“Sis, your daughter is very pretty oh.”
“Thanks”, I replied.
"What cream do you use for her?” She asked
"Cream?! I use Johnson Baby lotion."
"Only?! What do you use to bring out her colour?” she persisted.
“I don’t really understand you,” I answered her, “What colour am I bringing out?”
"No oh, you should use something that will bring out her colour. Don’t you know she will be prettier (sic) if she has fair skin?”

I cringed inwardly. All the while, I had struggled to believe she couldn’t possibly be saying what I thought she was saying.
“You mean I should start bleaching her skin? At what age and why would I do such a crazy thing?! It’s not necessary my dear,” I answered her firmly.
"It is oh my big sister. Especially for a girl but not bleaching; haba, not even toning! It’s just to bring out her colour oh and it’s not a sin," she said. "Even you should bring out your colour more,” she added.

I swallowed my raging retorts and simply said, “I hope you don’t do that for your son? He is way too small to have anything being rubbed on him. I beg of you."
*Well, since he is naturally fair-skinned, I am just maintaining it, I have been mixing his cream with Movate since he was born,” she replied
I was unable to dissuade her before we got interrupted and I eventually forgot about the conversation. Till about 2 weeks ago.
I walked into a supermarket and saw a heavily bleached woman with three beautiful girls who were looking “toned”. Their faces were conspicuously lighter than the rest of their body and their knees and knuckles were quite dark. Their ages ranged from age 10 to possibly 5.

I then decided to research the concept of parents bleaching their kids and what I found out is that there is indeed a craze for fair-skinned children; and many parents are turning their dark skinned children to fair-skinned. They claim they are helping their kids maintain their “natural skin colour”.

A lady told me it’s not bleaching or toning if it’s done with natural products. She uses Shea butter, Turmeric, Lime/Lemon, Camphor etc. to prepare “natural” soap for her daughter. Another lady recommends mixing their creams with hydrocortisone or clomatrizole creams for a “clear” smooth skin. I was simply shocked.
First, I think this generation has totally gone bunkers with vanity. No, this isn’t vanity, its shallowness of the highest order. I wrote a post last year on Sexualization of Children and though it went viral, I can assure you we are getting worse.

Why does your child need to be fair to be beautiful? What is the correlation? Where did that concept come from? What happened to Black is Beautiful? I believe every child is beautiful and even then the very beautiful ones are not just beautiful because of their skin tone but their facial structure and features.
Secondly, it’s way too early to start enhancing your child’s features to promote beauty. Children should have no vanity issues. Again I say, allow them to be children and do not give them self-esteem issues by acting as though they are not beautiful enough. Tell your children, they are beautiful irrespective of their skin colour or tone. If you as a parent can’t accept them for who they are or what skin tone they have, how do you expect them to grow into confident women who value themselves?

Lastly, do you have any idea the possible side-effects these creams will have on their skin? Rubbing chemicals on their skin for years could possibly be setting them up for skin cancer. I mean, a lot of those creams contain Mercury and hydrocortisone which have been linked to cancer even in adults.
And please do not hide behind, “I only use natural stuff so it’s harmless”. Are those things meant to be rubbed into the skin? Is Turmeric meant to be rubbed into the skin every day? Lime and lemons are acidic and will definitely have their own effect. Camphor?

I know Shea butter is good but your motive should be just to Oil or moisturize their skin to prevent it from dryness. If there is a vanity aim to your “natural method” then you are part of the problem.

Leave your child’s skin alone. Don’t set him or her up for future problems due to your own narrow view of beauty. Personally, I believe parents who bleach or tone their child’s skin should be arrested and prosecuted. It is the height of irresponsibility.

Let’s allow children to be children. Let them know whether they black, brown, yellow or white, they are all beautiful.
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity. Nigerians are mostly vain people filled with so much inferiority complex as such wanting to be like "Yankee" pple by every means including bleaching and change of accent. Most ladies speak from their nostril instead of the mouth these days, all in a bid to "tweet" like the americans. Shm!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by wowdiva: 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
warrah:

Very bad, it contains topical steroids.
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by martineverest(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ishilove:
This is the first time I'm reading that parents bleach their children's skin. What manner of madness is this? What kind of foolish parents are we having these days, for God's sakes?
hey! Come to my area... Kids are competing with adults when it comes to sunburn

1 Like

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by martineverest(m): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
Alitair:
But is bleaching really that bad?
so bad that European countries made it a severe offence when u sell bleaching products

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Abiagirl777(f): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thank God someone else is disturbed.it is the new trend now.
2 yrs ago when I went for immunization at agovt hospital here in pH, the nurses there told us to mix funbact A in the baby's cream ,everybody accepted what she said until I countered her only to be ignored.It is very wrong and would eventually thin the children's skin.the color it is teyin to bring out,where was it hiding before?

I was at the salon last Yr too when a black 5yr old girl passed by and suddenly the hairdresser screamed.Shr later explained that just 3 mths ago that girl was very fair.Immediately her apprentice told her that the parents divorced around that time,while the father took over their training.poor man that was trying his best didn't know that the wife always mixed the kids cream with funbact A which made them fair but now she has gone,their "color has come back".Kids having dirty yellow and black color...
I don't know what our society is turning to.will this children be allowed to be kids?

I use Shea butter mixed with OliveOil and my boys' skins glow .they are natural and healthy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Rukkydelta(f): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Irishrena1(f): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
ɨ ɖօռ't tɦɨռҡ ʊռaɖʊʟtɛʀatɛɖ tʊʍɛʀɨċ ɨs ɦaʀʍʄʊʟ tօ tɦɛ sҡɨռ. tɦɛʀɛ aʀɛ sօʍɛ ɢʀɨռɖɛɖ օռɛs tɦat aʀɛ aɖʊʟtɛʀatɛɖ.

1 Like

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
1Sharon:

This is all a charade.
Nigerians don't appreciate dark skin? YOU and your type don't appreciate dark skin. We are mostly a dark skinned people. Keep gathering all the excuses you need to justify your bleaching.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by Abiagirl777(f): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
Chidonc:
sounds like lies but have seen it first hand more especially that of mixing new born baby cream with funbact A.if u have never come across such parents, u wont believe

Lies ke! ,on an immunusation day,nurses at a certain govt hospital recommended it and I cried in my heart at the ignorance of our supposed health personnel's,I mean with a microphone. so I'm quite sure that the docs could hear her
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fabulocity:
''Bringing out the colour more", "toning" are just fancy ways of saying bleaching''.
Quote of the night. This is what I have always thought.
Re: Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin by luminouz(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Well....I don't have kids n If I eventually have.....I.will go with team.natural on their skin treatment.... Oils n butters should do it....not funbact Z!!!! undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Her Six Months Old Baby Gazes Sternly At Her During Sex- She's Worried. / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Demond George: Man With 33 Children Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.