Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination (11572 Views)

10 Ways To Beat Procrastination / Procrastination;a Destructive Weapon / PROCRASTINATION: The Cancer Killing The Youths By Kenneth B DAVID (KBD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2017
Four African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination
By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach)

"Everytime we procrastinate we are simply telling God that we don't need His blessings today, He should make it tomorrow."

Please, let me start by appreciating everyone for their support here on nairaland and also those that have been sending me messages via email. Also to the admins of this platform for having eyes for good articles and for always taking my articles to the front page. Most especially Lalasticlala. I'm grateful.

According to most great men and women who have succeeded in putting their footprints on the sand of history, procrastination is the major source of failure around the world. When we procrastinate, we are simply postponing our success. Let me share with you four time proven Africa tips to overcoming procrastination.

- You Will Be Spanked
When we were kids, we did things at the right time. We were always in the mood to run errands. Even when we didn't feel like, we were always given a reason to. There were times I didn't felt like going to school but I had to because I knew I was going to be spanked by my parents. Even going to school late wasn't always an option for me because I hated to be spanked by my teachers. Spankings in a way helped us to overcome procrastination as kids. But as we grew older, we dived deeper into postponing things because we felt bigger than spankings. The truth is, even if we now feel bigger to be spanked by our parents or older siblings, we can never be bigger than life itself. Life can spank anyone that goes against its rules. One of the ways that life spanks is through poverty and hardship.
Poverty is not the lack of money but the lack as well as the refusal to take advantage of opportunities through procrastination. Opportunities arises everytime but procrastination will make us not to take advantage of them when they arise.

- God Hates waste
In the pursuit of my dreams through the Maximization of my God given talents, one statement that has helped me most especially in managing my finances was a statement made by my pastor sometime ago that "God hate waste". After hearing these words, I began to pay attention to my spendings. As time went on, I discovered that the statement didn't just apply to my finances alone but also applies to every areas of my life including in how I manage my time and also how I maximize opportunities sent my way. God has given everyone 24 hours and how we utilize it depends solely on us. Procrastination is a high way robber. It doesn't stop people on the physical highways it stops people on the highway to their success. So, if God is your creator you will please him and pleasing Him requires us to properly maximize the time he has given us.
Understanding that God hates waste will help us to say No! to procrastination when it knocks.

- Eat That Frog
I know someone will be thinking that this sounds absurd. Yes it may to we Africans, but what this implies is that we should learn to do things when they are needed not when it is convenient for us. Forcing ourselves to eat that frog will help us to overcome procrastination. Some people always feel dizzy when its time to work while some feel like playing when its time for serious business. At these time, we need to learn to say to our flesh hello! stop that! It's time to work and not time for pleasure?

- Stretch That Muscle
According to some research, it has been discovered that people who exercise regularly seldom procrastinate. We simply say that laziness is a cause of procrastination. Not everyone have the money to pay for a gym program or hire a fitness Coach, but we can engage in simple exercises like walking, lifting of objects, etcetera etcetera.
I know you are the boss but sometimes, its advisable to carry those bags yourself instead of waiting for the driver or personal assistant. Apart from carrying our bags ourselves, we should also create time to do some house chores like bending to scrub the floor, sweep, do laundries, mow the garden etcetera etcetera. Oftentimes we read or hear people complain about their ideas being stolen, but the basic truth is, ideas abound everywhere and no one owns an idea unless the person who overcomes procrastination and takes action concerning an idea.

I believe these tips will go a long way in helping you to overcome procrastination. These tips helped me and I strongly believe that they can help you too.

Succeed You Must.

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.

My Mission:
To help solve complex issues through the wisdom of God, my personal experiences and in depth researches in the affairs of individuals, organizations and nations.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Fynestboi

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by wearley21(m): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2017
FTC
Nice one
Should go a long way this Monday morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by NCP: 7:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Thank you, well articulated.

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Sijo01(f): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Procrastination is really an enemy of mankind embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Chuukwudi(m): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
A lovely paradox to play with:

The best time to procrastinate is now°

In another news, Buhari has made his address.

He said;

Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.

What did he say about the Arewa youth treats? Nothing!!!

They think we are shaken. They don't know us.
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by sonnie10: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Don't over sleep.

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
If I say to you, 'come to my mansion tomorrow morning and take $250,000,' will you procrastinate? Procrastination is just another way of saying 'It's not important to me'

Whatever you want to do, set out to do it and do it well. Don't allow the grasp of procrastination to hold you done cause it's a dream killer.

Start it now and be glad you did.

Enter the hood for business tips

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Flexherbal(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by samtee37(m): 7:10am On Aug 21, 2017
PROCRASTINATION!!!!.. Main reason behind most students failure

2 Likes

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by tessy774: 7:11am On Aug 21, 2017
cheesy noted
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by crunchyg: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2017
You will be flogged is the only one there nothing more
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by LAFO: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2017
Procrastination is a thief of time and an enemy of your soul

2 Likes

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by marooh: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2017
procrastination is the delay of success!

But no procrastination in surfing nairaland oooooo grin

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by fidet1(m): 7:18am On Aug 21, 2017
Do it.
Do it right.
Do it right now.

3 Likes

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by ybalogs(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2017
Buhari's speech making Nairalanders negelect other threads.Make una continue. Lovely article jare

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by ybalogs(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2017
Being disciplined is the key to combating procrastination.

2 Likes

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by okenwaa(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2017
Lifting something

Off to peace park....today na today.

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by OnowuOra(m): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2017
Ok
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by purples25(f): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2017
It's true. When we are little and do wrong, parents flog us. When we grow up and procrastinate, life has various ways of ' flogging '

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Integrityfarms(m): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2017
My Achilles heel, especially when am other given a deadline to meet up.
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by sweetestboi(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2017
This is undiluted & true"

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by joshthrow: 8:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Sijo01:
Procrastination is really an enemy of mankind embarassed
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by richhenson: 9:06am On Aug 21, 2017
sonnie10:
Don't over sleep.
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by donqx: 9:30am On Aug 21, 2017
oh
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by olowobaba10: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2017
PROCRASTINATION SOMETIMES HELPS TO AVERT SOME DANGERS AND LOSSES!

2 Likes

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Wealthyonos(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2017
In everything, give thanks to God. Some peopple are allive to today becauese they procrastinated about going on a journey that would have claimed their lives.....but all d same, procrastination can kill ones dream like Nigerian politicians killing Nigeria.
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by eodavids(m): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
I like this post. Its the most valuable now that I must succeed as well as lead others to success.

1 Like

Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
wearley21:
FTC Nice one Should go a long way this Monday morning
Thanks and happy new week
Re: 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination by tk4rd: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Cyprian Ekwensi's Books - PDF Download / The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy / Butt Hurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.