Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time (34080 Views)

2 Nigerians Fight Over Girls In Malaysia, One In Coma (Graphic Pics) / Why I Don’t Like Nigerians By Robert Lindsay, A US Citizen / Nigerian Man Masterminds Multi-million Naira Fraud From Kuje Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by VastFinder: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2017
One of Andrea Voss’ retirement goals is seeing different parts of the country, including Hawaii. Andrea and her husband, Steve Voss, are a year and a half into their retirement.

Last week, they took a trip to Yellowstone, but when they got back on Friday, they noticed there was a serious issue with that money they’ve saved for retirement. Steve Voss said. "I logged into my account and it’s a zero-dollar balance.”

Added Andrea Voss, “He told me and I was like ‘You’ve got to be kidding. This can’t happen to me. This happens to other people.’” Steve Voss says someone had used his personal details to liquidate their account.

The check had already gone out. “The package has been sent but redirected from my home for pickup somewhere else,” he said. Unified police said the package hadn’t been picked up yet, so they set up a plan to be there when someone came to get it.

Eventually, police said two men showed up to get the package and were arrested. They said the men had fake out-of-state IDs and a separate 401(k) check from another person.

Unified police detective Shawn Fausett said all credit is due to the Vosses for checking their account. “If he wouldn’t have checked his balance until (Monday) morning at 9 a.m., it would have been too late because the suspects would have been gone.”

Police identified the two suspects as Temilade Adekunle and Abdulrasheed Yusuf. They arrested the two for investigation of forgery, ID theft and communications fraud.

Police believe the two had flown into Salt Lake City to pick up the checks. Officials believe the men were getting ready to leave town again. The total amount between these two checks, police say, was around $120,000.

Now, the Vosses are extra careful and they hope others will keep an eye out as well. 401(k) is a retirement savings plan sponsored by an employer. It lets workers save and invest a piece of their paycheck before taxes are taken out.

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/08/us-couple-prevents-401k-fraud-from-2.html

cc; lalasticlala

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by remele2(f): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2017
But wen will the minister of foreign affairs return?

By the way, See D Name come change ooooo....i use to Think it's only one particular pple are the developers...its ok sha , now that we are all developers...

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
Temilade adekunle and co we are observing Ncan observing from the east All Correct sir

172 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Caustics: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
cool when i say AFON you say JA....

AFON....

164 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Teewhy2: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nigerian youths and crime are getting more cozy, with the way the things are going if most of our present day youths take over political positions, our present politicians will appear as angels in anything relating to corruption.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

19 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by GMBuhari: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
Jeeesu
Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by bedspread: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
THESE BASTARDS WICKED AND DUBIOUS NIGERIANS WILL NOT LET US THE HONEST ONES HAVE PEACE.

I AM ON A VISIT TO TANZANIA, AND U CANNOT IMAGINE WAT PEOPLE FEEL OR THINK OF NIGERIANS....

THESE BAD EGGS ARE REALLY A MESS TO US

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by riteprice1: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
G Worldwide wink

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by KingLennon(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
This niqqaz leaves Nigeria to go do fraud in the US. One of the reasons Donald Trump wanted to deport Nigerians from the states. Anytimes its robbery, scam, or drugs business; Nigeria will always be there...E weak me o

24 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by ThugCheetah(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
grin
Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by AfonjaBoston: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fake news
Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Abudu2000(m): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
What kind of fake news is this na? And what kind of mod would just be pushing anything that has to spoil nigeria name on fp like say you dont know that the world is viewing this thread as well. You cant use your head for 5minutes

4 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by MrMoney007: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
This couple is stupid!

Instead of them to be thanking their God that only their money was MINED by the men from SKULLand.

If their heads was remembered by these accomodators and consequently dismembered from their shoulders, it would have been a different story.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Deem: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Awon Oloriburuku

13 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Narldon: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
AFONJA! shocked

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by oloriLFC(f): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thieves! Barawo! Just handsome for nothing! They'll want to reap where they didn't labor and call it "hustling". Jail fall on you!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
I greet all the programmers/coders/developers.

5 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by raker300: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Afonjas

Richest tribe... lol

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Nigga44: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thank God for the internet!!!!

I used to think Yoruba people were decent and law-abiding folks, until the internet helped expose them as the biggest diabolical ritualists and fraudsters in Nigeria.

How exactly were they able to hide these facts all these years? undecided

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by AngelicBeing: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
angry
Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by dacovajnr: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Wire!! Wire!! Gone wrong grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by talented2000(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
I'm not understanding...... I think they got the names mixed up
Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by IgbotiicGirL(f): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
Afonjas have disgraced this country to d bottom

They should form their oduduwa skull land alone biko

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Ekwekwe1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ahah

The descendants of fallen demons doing what they know how best to do cheesy

NCAN redhill branch reporting for duty; over and out.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by Dandsome: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
Did anyone mistakenly check their names?

SMH for people spoiling the already battered name of this country

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Prevents 401(k) Fraud From 2 Nigerians, By Checking Account Just In Time by herbileck56(f): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
GEEZ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Dies After Trying To Abort Pregnancy For Man Who Married Another Woman. / 2 Women Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On 10-year-old Maid In Anambra (Graphic) / Robbers Break Into A House In Delta, Break Gateman's Head With Axe(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.