Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do (41159 Views)

My Phone Can't Receive Incoming Calls / A Most See 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix, Tecno Phone Can't / Top 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ever since Nokia broke the shackles Microsoft had on them (all thanks to their new boss, HMD), they've been working tirelessly to make a come back into the market and most importantly to win the hearts of consumers.

You know earlier, they launched a remake of the iconic Nokia 3310 and still on the pursuit to reclaim their lost glory, they've launched some set of Android phones. (Talking about the Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and now.... the Nokia cool

If you're an Infinix or Tecno user, here's what the new Nokia 8 can do that your phone can't do.

1. Take Picture With The Front And Back Camera At The Same Time - #Bothie
The new Nokia 8 is the first mobile phone to feature this technology (Dual-Sight mode or as you may want to call it, Bothie)

The dual-sight mode is a new version of selfie which allows you use both front and back cameras at the same time (simultaneously). While using this feature to cover videos or take photos, your phone screen splits into 2.

With this, you can share both sides of a story. Sweeet!

Heheh...

Wait till this hash tag starts trending on twitter, then Tecno and Infinix users will be like
[img class=img src="https://3.bp..com/-nP-EPnxLCdU/WZWx3hldXPI/AAAAAAAADGo/9Dw7VFU7nGIqbq7t14q6H7RywfXptnbrACLcBGAs/s1600/let-me-tell-you-something.jpg"][/img]

2. Produce Quality Video And Sounds Like The Ones In American Movies
You know that feeling you get when you capture a very long video, probably a wedding or birthday party and then you decided to grab popcorn hoping to watch the video and then you begin to hear too many voices in the background?

Very horrible play back experience...

My brothers and sisters in tech, worry no more!

The Nokia 8 which has been designed to produce 4k videos also come with Ozo Spatial 360° audio (a technology used by Hollywood filmmakers and music producers).

For sure, this will put Hollywood technology in the palm of your hand.
Do you know that Legendary Evans Has Kidnapped And Leaked The Upcoming Samsung Note 8?

3. High Quality Sounds From Its Out-Of-The Box Bluetooth Earphones

I suppose you've always wanted to save yourself the stress of carrying wires about? But so far so good, neither Tecno nor Infinix is helping matters with that kind of innovation.

The Nokia 8 comes with the Nokia Active Wireless Earphones. Though Nokia didn't take out the ear phone jack like Apple did in the iPhone 7, they've gone a step into keeping our technological life less wired with a Bluetooth headset which comes along with the phone.

Here're some features of Nokia's new earphone

- It has been fine-tuned to have high-quality sounds with solid bass tones
- It has specially-developed ergonomic ear tips that will let it fit comfortably in your ears
- And as part of the innovation, the active wireless earphone is water, sweat and dust proof.

If you've been following MissTechy lately, you should remember the tutorial she posted on how she plays music with 2 Bluetooth speakers. She was able to do that with the new Bluetooth version 5.0.

Before Infinix users be looking at me like... (Lol...)

[img class=img src="https://2.bp..com/-8_tQ5akoImU/WZXurXTsnlI/AAAAAAAADG4/J8nLF2wEq4w78iF4r8uDOgDzEVYKJzIeACLcBGAs/s1600/seriously.jpg"][/img]

Nokia 8: Key Specification and Price

SIM Type: 1 nano-SIM slot + 1 nano-SIM or 1 MicroSD card slot
Display Size and type: 5.3” IPS QHD (Gorilla Glass 5 protection)
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Colours: Black
Processor Type: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Processor – Spreadtrum SC7731
RAM: 4GB
Internal Storage: 64GB
External Storage: microSD up to 256 GB
Back/Primary Camera: 13MP (dual) with dual tone flash
Front Camera: 13MP
Battery Type: 3090mAh, Non-removable battery
Protection: Shatterproof
Colours: Steel, Copper, Tempered Blue Satin, Tempered_Blue-Polished
Price: Over £546 (i,.eover 250,000 Naira)

What do you think about the Nokia 8? Does it stand a chance with any Infinix or Tecno phone and should it even match an iPhone? Kindly leave your thoughts in the comments.

As shared by TechPanda on Techkibay

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Zeze06(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
Really cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
Zeze06:
Really cool

So you don't mind buying one? wink
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by finnestdope(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Real Good.

I have always been a good fan of Nokia. Tecno and Infinix as far as am concerned are not smartphones. grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Zeze06(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Thanks but I've always loved Samsung...

TechPanda:

So you don't mind buying one? wink

6 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by ObaKlaz: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
I'm so glad Nokia is back and firing on all cylinders now. Quit notice for these other pretenders and imposters.

TeamNokia!

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
finnestdope:
Real Good.

I have always been a good fan of Nokia. Tecno and Infinix as far as am concerned are not smartphones. grin

Lol... Nokia Fanboy abi?? But Bros, Nah trouble you find so oohh...

I know it is you and Fela that have death in your couch, so nothing do you. grin grin

Still unto the tech matters. It was cos of the iPhone 7 that some folks lost their virginity. If Ifa does not come to the rescue now, some people might sure just loose their destiny.

Lot of leaks have been flooding the internet, but the latest leak has shown what the iPhone 8 would look like. (You should check it out)

We're still not certain if the specs are completely true but the design is .... (the thing dey heavy my mouth to talk) Heheh cheesy

Abeg feel alright and watch the video. I blogged about it and here's the link http://www.techkibay.com/2017/08/design-leak-what-iphone-8-would-look-like.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nokia Android is looking to be a great device lineup. but, it still isn't the unconventional and breathtaking smartphone the Lumia lineup once was. it's still like any other Android smartphone out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
adeboyewareez:
Nokia Android is looking to be a great device lineup. but, it still isn't the unconventional and breathtaking smartphone the Lumia lineup once was. it's still like any other Android smartphone out there.

Another Nokia Fanboy is see... grin

If only Nokia was going to send me a review unit, and I get to romance... I mean get my hands on it. It would be easier to tell if the Nokia 8 is actually more beast than Tecno's Beauty and Beast.. wink

Am fund of romancing phones. Remember the one I romanced publicly? cheesy >> https://www.nairaland.com/3818833/how-romanced-living-day-out
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Zeze06:
Thanks but I've always loved Samsung...

Even the ones that light up light Fireworks?? grin grin @Note 7
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Zeze06(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
Lolz grin

Samsung is just sleek and swift sha,

My choice though... smiley

Not saying any other brand is inferior, guess it's a thing of choice and preference...

TechPanda:

Even the ones that light up light Fireworks?? grin grin @Note 7

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by symbianDON(m): 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
@op your number 1 point there na lie!! my Samsung Galaxy S4 can do the bothie....you can actually take a picture with both cameras at the same time....gbammm!!
notwithstanding sha...I am for a Nokia over other brands any day.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
TechPanda:

Another Nokia Fanboy is see... grin

If only Nokia was going to send me a review unit, and I get to romance... I mean get my hands on it. It would be easier to tell if the Nokia 8 is actually more beast than Tecno's Beauty and Beast.. wink

Am fund of romancing phones. Remember the one I romanced publicly? cheesy >> https://www.nairaland.com/3818833/how-romanced-living-day-out

What exactly are you trying to say?
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by lenovoboy: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
I don't want nokia to depend on android they should go back to their old operating system (not lumia) but this time they should be more advance.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by OHIsIManuEL(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
I consider it an insult to compare nokia 8 with transsion holding devices

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
lenovoboy:
I don't want nokia to depend on android they should go back to their old operating system (not lumia) but this time they should be more advance.

Mr. Mr. Mr.... Lenovo

Here's the conversation between I and blackberry

TechPanda: BlackBerry How Far nah?

BlackBerry: Oga Mi, I see you! I just dey.

TechPanda: Confirm! How market nah. I hear you now make Android Powered Phones. Is that true?

BlackBerry: Panda you heard right...

TechPanda: It's good self, can you believe Telecoms in Nigeria are discontinuing BlackBerry Internet Sub (BIS)

BlackBerry: Sorry man. But Nigerian Telecoms can be finding how to make money sha

TechPanda: No wahala bros, just that when it comes to birthdays, girls in my street don't para their guys to buy them BlackBerry phones again. It's either Samsung this, iPhone that... and the likes

BlackBerry: My brother. Is that how they use to do?

TechPanda: Am the one staying there. So why would I want to lie?

BlackBerry: Chai. That was the same thing one tech savvy told me in Korea

TechPanda: You see...

BlackBerry: Don't worry Panda. With our new series of Android phones, we're coming back into the market in a dramatic way. Even our new KeyOne.......

@ Oga LenovoBoy, Android is the selling thing now and the best part is that there's nothing wrong in making your phones run on Android. If any manufacturer is going to start making their own OS, they're in for a big competition.

The guy who created Android has started making his own phones (Essential). But he's not making another OS. His phones which hopefully should be released this August will run on Android 7

One more this...

With the way Google and Phone Manufactures are marketing the Android OS, only a more Innovative company can wrestle though.

I believe Nokia understands this.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by vellie: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2017
TechPanda:
Ever since Nokia broke the shackles Microsoft had on them (all thanks to their new boss, HMD), they've been working tirelessly to make a come back into the market and most importantly to win the hearts of consumers.

You know earlier, they launched a remake of the iconic Nokia 3310 and still on the pursuit to reclaim their lost glory, they've launched some set of Android phones. (Talking about the Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and now.... the Nokia cool

If you're an Infinix or Tecno user, here's what the new Nokia 8 can do that your phone can't do.

1. Take Picture With The Front And Back Camera At The Same Time - #Bothie
The new Nokia 8 is the first mobile phone to feature this technology (Dual-Sight mode or as you may want to call it, Bothie)

The dual-sight mode is a new version of selfie which allows you use both front and back cameras at the same time (simultaneously). While using this feature to cover videos or take photos, your phone screen splits into 2.

With this, you can share both sides of a story. Sweeet!

Heheh...

Wait till this hash tag starts trending on twitter, then Tecno and Infinix users will be like
[img class=img src="https://3.bp..com/-nP-EPnxLCdU/WZWx3hldXPI/AAAAAAAADGo/9Dw7VFU7nGIqbq7t14q6H7RywfXptnbrACLcBGAs/s1600/let-me-tell-you-something.jpg"][/img]

2. Produce Quality Video And Sounds Like The Ones In American Movies
You know that feeling you get when you capture a very long video, probably a wedding or birthday party and then you decided to grab popcorn hoping to watch the video and then you begin to hear too many voices in the background?

Very horrible play back experience...

My brothers and sisters in tech, worry no more!

The Nokia 8 which has been designed to produce 4k videos also come with Ozo Spatial 360° audio (a technology used by Hollywood filmmakers and music producers).

For sure, this will put Hollywood technology in the palm of your hand.

3. High Quality Sounds From Its Out-Of-The Box Bluetooth Earphones

I suppose you've always wanted to save yourself the stress of carrying wires about? But so far so good, neither Tecno nor Infinix is helping matters with that kind of innovation.

The Nokia 8 comes with the Nokia Active Wireless Earphones. Though Nokia didn't take out the ear phone jack like Apple did in the iPhone 7, they've gone a step into keeping our technological life less wired with a Bluetooth headset which comes along with the phone.

Here're some features of Nokia's new earphone

- It has been fine-tuned to have high-quality sounds with solid bass tones
- It has specially-developed ergonomic ear tips that will let it fit comfortably in your ears
- And as part of the innovation, the active wireless earphone is water, sweat and dust proof.

If you've been following MissTechy lately, you should remember the tutorial she posted on how she plays music with 2 Bluetooth speakers. She was able to do that with the new Bluetooth version 5.0.

Before Infinix users be looking at me like... (Lol...)

[img class=img src="https://2.bp..com/-8_tQ5akoImU/WZXurXTsnlI/AAAAAAAADG4/J8nLF2wEq4w78iF4r8uDOgDzEVYKJzIeACLcBGAs/s1600/seriously.jpg"][/img]

Nokia 8: Key Specification and Price

SIM Type: 1 nano-SIM slot + 1 nano-SIM or 1 MicroSD card slot
Display Size and type: 5.3” IPS QHD (Gorilla Glass 5 protection)
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Colours: Black
Processor Type: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Processor – Spreadtrum SC7731
RAM: 4GB
Internal Storage: 64GB
External Storage: microSD up to 256 GB
Back/Primary Camera: 13MP (dual) with dual tone flash
Front Camera: 13MP
Battery Type: 3090mAh, Non-removable battery
Protection: Shatterproof
Colours: Steel, Copper, Tempered Blue Satin, Tempered_Blue-Polished
Price: Over £546 (i,.eover 250,000 Naira)

What do you think about the Nokia 8? Does it stand a chance with any Infinix or Tecno phone and should it even match an iPhone? Kindly leave your thoughts in the comments.

As shared by TechPanda on Techkibay
Oga habba na so u rena infinix reach? Check that yhur number one... Who tell you say infinix Note 4 no get pip" picture in picture?
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by lenovoboy: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
TechPanda:

Mr. Mr. Mr.... Lenovo

TechPanda: Confirm! How market nah. I hear you now make Android Powered Phones. Is that true?

TechPanda: It's good self, can you believe Telecoms in Nigeria are discontinuing BlackBerry Internet Sub (BIS)

BlackBerry: Sorry man. But Nigerian Telecoms can be finding how to make money sha

TechPanda: No wahala bros, just that when it comes to birthdays, girls in my street don't para their guys to buy them BlackBerry phones again. It's either Samsung this, iPhone that... and the likes

BlackBerry: Don't worry Panda. With our new series of Android phones, we're coming back into the market in a dramatic way. Even our new KeyOne.......

@ Oga LenovoBoy, Android is the selling thing now and the best part is that there's nothing wrong in making your phones run on Android. If any manufacturer is going to start making their own OS, they're in for a big competition.

The guy who created Android has started making his own phones (Essential). But he's not making another OS. His phones which hopefully should be released this August will run on Android 7

One more this...

With the way Google and Phone Manufactures are marketing the Android OS, only a more Innovative company can wrestle though.

I am still in sec school but I am the CEO of Adohe industries and I love uniqueness that why I said Nokia should go back to their former os ,Also love your story.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
TechPanda:

Mr. Mr. Mr.... Lenovo

One more this...

True. Android runs the show.

But is this how we're going to live in the Android/iOS duopoly forever? I hope not.

I also hope that it won't be long that mobile OS revolution takes place.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by calddon(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
@op relax, av been using front n back cam simultaneously since my htc m8, it aint no big deal. Bdw infinix, tecno and all the oda naija chinko connections r failures when compared to the international mobile community. Compare it with its match..... cry

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
lenovoboy:
I am still in sec school but I am the CEO of Adohe industries and I love uniqueness that why I said Nokia should go back to their former os ,Also love your story.

Cool!

So what's your startup about?
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by GirlOfTheWeek(f): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hey, You're wrong about the first one.

Nokia 8 is not the first phone that can take photo with both the primary and secondary cameraa simultaneously.

my HTC one m8s does it too

HTC is known for introducing technology others would start making noise about it 5 years later.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by fatdon2(m): 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
undecided 250k For wetin na?

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by sweeterman(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
lenovoboy:

Which OS please?? Windows?? Is that what ur usinfh??
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by spreado(m): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
lenovoboy:
Lumia aint an O.S, Nokia Lumia run Windows O.S(mobile version). Nokia other O.S was Java and Symbian. Symbian is gud bt cant be compared to Android
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Healer007: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
adeboyewareez:

True. Android runs the show.

But is this how we're going to live in the Android/iOS duopoly forever? I hope not.

I also hope that it won't be long that mobile OS revolution takes place.
U forgot Windows 10 Mobile angry
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by lenovoboy: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
sweeterman:

Which OS please?? Windows?? Is that what ur usinfh??
I am using lenovo android you can't blame because I can't find symbian.The os is is symbian.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by lenovoboy: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
spreado:

Lumia aint an O.S, Nokia Lumia run Windows O.S(mobile version). Nokia other O.S was Java and Symbian. Symbian is gud bt cant be compared to Android
Thank you very much for reminding me yes the O.S I was talking about was symbian.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by lenovoboy: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
TechPanda:

Cool!
So what's your startup about?
Give me advice please.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Oscarpraise(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nokia is doing all what they can to come back into the market... No bad though. Let me enjoy my itel P51 till whenever I have the money to get this phone
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
Healer007:

U forgot Windows 10 Mobile angry

You're a fan?

if you are, then, we're homies!

if you aren't, then, we're still cool.

However, whether you're a fan or not, the truth is; Windows 10 mobile is in its death throes. Very sad.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by igraman(m): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
#Bothie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Best Selfie Smartphone With Good Front Camera 2016 / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / Itel P51: Unboxing My New Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.