Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal (31156 Views)

Fox News: Nigeria Declares Biafra Separatist Movement Terrorist Group / Buhari Orders Military To Deal With Biafra Security Service, Boko Haram / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra Security Service 'BSS' (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by oyienootieno: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
waternogetenemy:

Wat about OPC?

They are no threat to the unity of our beloved country. Well all i know is the police has the power to shoot them.at sight.

1 Like

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Arysexy(m): 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2017
Kikikikiki cheesy

I see a biased, bigoted and partisan anti igbo, anti Biafra mod being humiliated and battered here grin

He is an example of everything bad with Nigeria, ppl given little power but use it to oppress others.

Watch as he deletes my post as usual. All those battering him, check ur moniker tomorrow, una don collect two two months ban.

Yeye dey smell.

Make I go watch buhari skeleton tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by millionaireman: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:

Sharia is in the constitution of those states so yes it is legal.

The same way your governor can send a bill for setting up "neighborhood watch" to your state house of assembly and it becomes legal for the officials of that organization to operate.

Please read your own constitution.

Thanks
Before adoption of sharia criminal laws in the 12 northern states, there were no Hisbah Police.
Hisbah is associated with religion and policing sharia criminal laws. Neighborhood watch is not.

Sharia civil laws laws is covered by the constitution, but Sharia criminal laws are not allowed in the constitution.

Therefore, the twelve northern states breached Nigeria's constitution when they adopted sharia criminal codes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by jacyhelen(f): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Our mod is angry looking for who to ban...lol..Make i no talk wetin dey my mind ooo but mynd44 is to harsh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Newmanluckyman(m): 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
manlawal:
so voluntary organization are not recognized by law why are you showing your stupidity here
..oh is it in your living room that a competent court ruled to declare BSS unrecognized by the law? Answer me Mr ITK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by socialmediaman: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:

A state has the right to choose its laws. You dont like it? Go argue with the supreme court.

It is not a matter of good and evil, it is a matter of the law.

Live with it

Bros I thought the Nigerian constitution was above any state laws? State sharia law, wherever it clashes with the constitution would be considered illegal, shouldn't it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Liberal85(m): 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
Cooly100:

Do you think I will succeed if I take up a state like Kano to court to bar them from receving proceeds of VAT from NBL, Guinness and other breweries, as their HISBAH police destroy trucks of drinks in their state? You guys have been living off cheating other people in the federation...This is the reason there is agitation everywhere...
Hypocrite,you're only realising this under the present administration.Which brewery operates in Kano?messed up nitwit

1 Like

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Liberal85(m): 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Eastfield1:

Each tym I read ur comment.
l start loosing hope on mankind
The only thing making us lose hope in mankind is your mediocrity and lack of vocabulary..Go back to elementary school and learn the difference between 'lose' n 'loose'

4 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by BabaRamota1980: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Cooly100:

The constitution says the Sharia police can be created? That they have the constitutional powers to destroy trucks of beer...and yet Kano with 44 local government collects largest share from VAT, from those beer companies...Bro...why do you guys clearly support Evil?

Hisbah is community policing, not different from local vigilante. The common goal amongst community policing, regardless of what name they bear is the interest to uphold and conserve customary code of morality in public space. In other words, kill and destroy agents of change that if left alone to thrive will soon displace and erode the local customs. So the duty of the local or community police is to enforce the tenets of their customary beliefs against its taboos or threats.

One community may see beer consumption as an agent of change that must be liquidated, another one may see robbery, another sees kidnapping, yet another may consider prostitution as a challenge. It is not national policing, but localized.

What taboo in the customs of the people will Biafran Security Service protect?

1 Like

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Mbediogu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
Cooly100:

The constitution says the Sharia police can be created? That they have the constitutional powers to destroy trucks of beer...and yet Kano with 44 local government collects largest share from VAT, from those beer companies...Bro...why do you guys clearly support Evil?
.They support evil because evil supports itself.

2 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by badera: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
angry

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Eastfield1:

Each tym I read ur comment.
l start loosing hope on mankind
Don't mind him
I feel so ashamed to share this country with his type.

spits

4 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Hisbah is community policing, not different from local vigilante. The common goal amongst community policing, regardless of what name they bear is the interest to uphold and conserve customary code of morality in public space. In other words, kill and destroy agents of change that if left alone to thrive will soon displace and erode the local customs. So the duty of the local or community police is to enforce the tenets of their customary beliefs against its taboos or threats.

One community may see beer consumption as an agent of change that must be liquidated, another one may see robbery, another sees kidnapping, yet another may consider prostitution as a challenge. It is not national policing, but localized.

Hypocrite, the BSS is Community police too.
Mind your business in the North and South West

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Boyooosa(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:

Sharia is in the constitution of those states so yes it is legal.

The same way your governor can send a bill for setting up "neighborhood watch" to your state house of assembly and it becomes legal for the officials of that organization to operate.

Please read your own constitution.

Thanks
SHARIA IS EVEN IN NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION.... BUT BIAFRA IS NOT IN NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION AND THIS IS NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Arysexy(m): 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

They will protect Biafra from Fulani herdsmen attack which Nigeria authority has refused to stop

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by letusbepieces: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Boyooosa:

SHARIA IS EVEN IN NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION.... BUT BIAFRA IS NOT IN NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION AND THIS IS NIGERIA.

How does matter in far away East affect u?

I personally think OPC should not be in Lagos becos Lagos is not only Yoruba but all tribes of Nigeria.

Other tribes may feel threatened or targeted by OPC .

They should restrict their activities to SW i.e Ibadan etc

2 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Ichietome: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Eastfield1:
Each tym I read ur comment. l start loosing hope on mankind
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Ichietome: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Eastfield1:
Each tym I read ur comment. l start loosing hope on mankind
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2017
oyienootieno:

They are no threat to the unity of our beloved country. Well all i know is the police has the power to shoot them.at sight.

My dear, we are no longer together in this country at allllllllllllll.
The level our disunity has gotten to now is unprecedented, except we want to lie to ourselves.
It sucks to the heavens

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by jstbeinhonest(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
61Penguins:
Mynd44 was humiliated grin

Unless humiliation has another meaning, Mynd made lots of solid points and IMO won this argument. One of his posts is the most liked on this thread. So tell me, How was he humilated?

He simply caused you guys lots of pain as usual, hence the rants all over the thread on how he should not be a Mod.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by BabaRamota1980: 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
Gabbysky:

Hypocrite, the BSS is Community police too.
Mind your business in the North and South West

Dont make me invade alaibo and bomb ya yeye security guards to pieces.

Watch what you say angry
Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Ichietome: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
DocHMD:

Oga anti-Biafran Mod the police are not the court and do not have the arbitrary power to declare any group illegal. Only the court can!

Let the police drag them to court stop being arbitrary.
Well said

4 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by AbiolaEsq(f): 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Cooly100:
Is HISBAH...the northern Nigeria SHARIA police, legal?

Hisbah is like the Lagos Neighbourhood Peace Corps
Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by letusbepieces: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
AbiolaEsq:

Hisbah is like the Lagos Neighbourhood Peace Corps

All of dem are community police including the BSS, no difference.

3 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2017
From What I'm seeing on this thread, Nigeria is in her last days.

5 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Arysexy(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
letusbepieces:

All of dem are community police including the BSS, no difference.

Gbam!

No segregation

5 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by adexuxin(m): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
All this Biafra people sha I tire. Most of you shouting Biafra lack exposure. Exposed Ibo people gat Brain.

1 Like

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Ricky247(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
abelprice:
Ipob are jst acting childish and noisy if dey co desire this biafrian and dey feel dey have all d support dey need make dey start war na. Instead of begging Israel to fight for them.. or make kalu go negotiate with pmb.. dey should stop making noise.... jst saying.. undecided

Just saying abi just fooling yourself?
Ewu Gambia!

4 Likes

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by hammerT: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
adexuxin:
All this Biafra people sha I tire. Most of you shouting Biafra lack exposure. Exposed Ibo people gat Brain.

And who are u to judge Igbos and divide dem? Do u see Igbos judging Yurubas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by NLandIsHypocrit: 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afamed:

The difference is that, KAI, LSNW and other para military outfits are recognized under the Lagos state law likewise Hisbah is recognised under Kano state state law. Further, in Anambra presently we have AVG ( Anambra state Vigilante Group) which is equally recognised by Anambra state law. Anambra presently finances them. I have seen many of their Hilux cars. The only problem with the one presently runs by Nnamdi in Abia state is that, it lacks any state or federal backing/ approval hence, it remains an illegal outfit.
I'll reserve my response to your analysis until you analyse this last one to me. Under what law is OPC recognized?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Declares Biafra Security Service Illegal by Boyooosa(m): 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
letusbepieces:

How does matter in far away East affect u?

I personally think OPC should not be in Lagos becos Lagos is not only Yoruba but all tribes of Nigeria.

Other tribes may feel threatened or targeted by OPC .

They should restrict their activities to SW i.e Ibadan etc
NIGERIA POLICE FORCE (NOT ME), AS THE LEGAL 'COMMUNITY SECURITY SERVICE COMMISSION/FORCE' DECLARES BSS ILLEGAL..... SO WHY DO YOU WANT TO ATTACK ME?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makinde Sacks Auxilliary, Other Park Management Chiefs In Oyo / Former PDP Ministers Meet With Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / DG Of NBS And Reno Omokri Tear At Each Other On Twitter Over Nairaland Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.