Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501798 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
KweenCee:

I
You can use copy of the cheque to prove deposit. I used it for Ontario and it worked like magic.

@KweenCee it is coming from a savings account and doesn't use cheques.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by slyman187: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello house.

Please, when filling the online application, must i get a po box address for the contact address space? I don't have a po box address so any info on how to go about it will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
The WES Canada fax number is 416-972-9004.

AwesomeGod:

Please can you send me fax number for WES. I need to send them my certificate. My School in the UK mailed my transcript. I don't know if they included a copy of the Certificate. Do i absolutely need to send it too? WES acknowledges receipt of documents from my school and my status reads "pending. Document is being evaluated. You do not require to do anything now". Not sure what that means.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsDenise: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
KweenCee:

Madam could you please check if ur husband's visa is actually a study permit visa? Please just to be sure. To the best of my knowledge,he couldn't have gotten a 5 year study permit just for a month course. I think what he has is visiting visa. But if u r sure,then this could be the first of it's kind.

To your immigration plan,I think evaluating ur degrees and giving IELTS exam will be easier. Just start from somewhere and before you know it, u r there.

Short of snapping the actual visa grin- it reads
2016 - 2021, Multiple Entry, Category SX-1 (not sure what that means), Student, C.Rec FPC ( not sure of that either)

I believe it means it's a 5 year multiple entry student visa.
His colleagues who applied at the same time for the same course at Queens uni got the same visa.

We are considering a spousal work permit as suggested by Yooku as an additional option besides applying outright for EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
primeson1:

Please did u provide an LOE for the change?

Not at all.
There is no need as it is an editable part of my profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsDenise: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
mzjennypher:

@KweenCee it is coming from a savings account and doesn't use cheques.

If the account has internet banking, you can print the receipt after the transfer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
dupyshoo:
I don't think this is right. I think Cochtrane is right. Whether you are married or not, once the father is named on the birth certificate, his approval/consent will likely be required except if you have full custody and a letter from a court stating that you are free to move with the child to another country

Abi. And I wasn't even assuming that you have to be married before having a child, nor was I destructively critizing. smiley I respect women as much as I do men.
It's even there on CIC's website that when traveling with a minor as a separated parent (no longer with other half), you'd need to show evidence of full custody of the child.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
MsDenise:

A slice of sarcasm before 9am.. how sweet.
You do realize that there are over 900 pages in both threads (not that I'm counting shocked) and I'm yet to find a poster whose situation is SPECIFIC to mine.

And yes, I have been reading from Zandora's post in 2015.

Now I understand that as a student, one may be eligible at the conclusion of his course to remain in Canada after meeting certain immigration requirements but this route would most likely require him to quit his job while he is studying (which he is skeptical about).
That said, I wish to ask the seniors if undertaking a new course is the only option available to him (considering his 5 year student visa) and would love feedback on other possible alternatives.
Thank you

Lol. Sarcasm? Anyways, all the best in our applications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=damidamsel post=60250542]Future Canadians grin....on the issue of IELTS, want to put this out there as it may help someone.

I am part of team MayAOR that has just been moved to London VO (patience is the name of the game). So last month i ordered my second set of gcms notes to see what is going on. I received it and everything seemed fine except for where i saw the agent's note saying the IELTS score i entered was different from what he saw on IELTS platform but that I had included my IELTS report for verification.

With fear and trembling, i went to double check, only to find out that somehow somehow i had interchanged all my scores (my village people have failed o) and my hubby's own that didn't make much difference was intact. I quickly recalculated my CRS with the right score and realized i still had CLB 9 and same CRS score. So i quickly raised a CSE stating it was an error. - Please always triple or quadriple check your entries, wondering what would have happened if score dropped though i still don't know how this happened coz i double checked sad

Take home: I believe based on the agent's note that if i had not included a copy of the IELTS result, it might have been seen as intentional and my app might have been rejected there and then. Also ordering gcms notes can put your mind at rest and make you proactive

Patiently waiting for PPR to fall.... BTW planning my trip already. Bookmarked a page where i can review areas based on different ratings by school, crime etc grin

please share @ bolded

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
MsDenise:

2016 - 2021, Multiple Entry, Category SX-1 (not sure what that means), Student, C.Rec FPC ( not sure of that either)

His colleagues who applied at the same time for the same course at Queens uni got the same visa.

We are considering a spousal work permit as suggested by Yooku as an additional option besides applying outright for EE.

I'm not really familiar with that description. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kontagious:

I get your point, some of us are lucky to have armed robber CRS while some are not so lucky. Remember someone recently shared his experience how he got ITA with the 415 or 413 draw, you just cannot tell what the next draw will be. You don't want to miss that opportunity when it comes.

Modified: I found the post, sideeyes at Cochtrane grin

Almost same case applies, oga was waiting for his wife's ECA!
Chief senior big data analyst grin I knew you had it in you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bankole1790: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
pls I want to ask how best I can prepare for the ielts exam.Is the Cambridge ielts book enough for me?And how can I also get past questions.Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
owoola:
Yes, it has been sorted. $150.19 was deducted from my account. Thank you.
Good. Nice to know. Please pop in if you have further questions. And come contribute also with some of your experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
Category SX-1 is the visa to study for less than six months...

MsDenise:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
The limitation is that you cannot extend or change an SX-1 visa while in Canada!

smslive2:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AwesomeGod: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bless you.
smslive2:
The WES Canada fax number is 416-972-9004.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
AwesomeGod:
Please can you send me fax number for WES. I need to send them my certificate. My School in the UK mailed my transcript. I don't know if they included a copy of the Certificate. Do i absolutely need to send it too? WES acknowledges receipt of documents from my school and my status reads "pending. Document is being evaluated. You do not require to do anything now". Not sure what that means.

+1 416-972-9004

Please send a copy of your certificate too. In most cases, the applicant is required to send copies of their certificates themselves.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bankole1790: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bankole1790:
pls I want to ask how best I can prepare for the ielts exam.Is the Cambridge ielts book enough for me?And how can I also get past questions.Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kontagious:

Wetin elders see while sitting, the young cannot see standing up. Me, ayam standing on a tree trying to see.

My brother, ECA ready, POF almost sorted but I still de IELTS hand. I’d be taking another shot at it tomorrow. Hoping for the best.
All the best in your exam. Happy blasting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtush(f): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=uniquebony post=60250251]Hello elders in the house. Please I want to relocate to canada with my 4year old daughter. I presently work in a bank for over 7yrs now but I want to seek for greener pasture. Am a single mother, I need advice and suggestions and best migrant friendly city too[/quote

Before you start looking for friendly cities and other thgs. Do u av ur ielts results? Have u done your credential evaluation? Any idea of the required POF and how to secure it
Those shld be your focus now. Do a crs score simulation using LRSW 8777. Find out your score and work towards getting into the pool.
I also applied as a single mom. So all I did was include a consent letter from her father. Letter of single mother at high court and PPR go soon fall.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nice share @damidamsel and @Yooku smiley

Your posts underscore the need to attach IELTS reports and also to be discreet in what we post on online forums. It may not be as anonymous as we think!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsDenise: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
smslive2:

Really? That explains that...

Thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsDenise: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
smslive2:
The limitation is that you cannot extend or change an SX-1 visa while in Canada!

This presents a whole new perspective. Thank you.

I presume he can still visit but not study in Canada with the same visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
MsDenise:

This presents a whole new perspective. Thank you.

I presume he can still visit but not study in Canada with the same visa?

Might probably need proof of course being attended during his intended visit as the visa was given specifically for that purpose?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kontagious:

Wetin elders see while sitting, the young cannot see standing up. Me, ayam standing on a tree trying to see.

My brother, ECA ready, POF almost sorted but I still de IELTS hand. I’d be taking another shot at it tomorrow. Hoping for the best.
all d best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
threadstone:
wheew. So finally im up to date from where i stopped. Not much to say

IELTS- June 3 LRWS 9 8.5 7.5 7

ECA WES- June 9

certificates sent: hellofax June 13 acknowledged 16

Transcript Unilag June 10 sent 3rd July

Request for verification- July 18 sent 28

Request for verification (wanted to evaluate msc only, unilag sent bsc transcripts as well) August 8

went on riot with calls, fax, tweet and mail to evaluate only msc, WES said dey want to evaluate bsc too.

2nd verification sent- August 18

ECA ETA 7th september

ECA arrival 6th september 12pm

while wearing swim trunks to dive in (concluding registration) draw was done- 435

EE pool dive in- 6th September - CRS 473

Alagbon on my mind!

Please I have almost same issue I decided to evaluate only my MSC since that is going to be fast been that it is a foreign certificate . Though I haven't started the process I have opened an account with them an intend paying today. I sent them a mail telling them I wanted only my MSC evaluated but haven't gotten any respond . What do you advise. I tried creating another account but It keeps saying my details are already in
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=nnekdre post=60255496][/quote]
Can I get a number and email for WES. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
balogunsam:

My brother..UI still has not confirmed/verified the request sent by WES o. Spoke to WES and they said they have resent another request via email and also a letter and hope they respond on time this time. I just tire ooo...

Congrats on yours o....been waiting for a month for UI now!!!

Do you have someone that can visit the records office for you today to enquire?

read on Punch that NASU is joining the strike with ASUU on monday. I'm dreading what that implies for EE hopefuls. lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
nnekdre:

Can I get a number and email for WES. Thanks

+1 416-972-9004.

As for the mail, why not send them a fax with your query instead. Additionally, you can DM them on twitter or fill a feedback form on their site. they'll get back to you in due time. DM works best though (for enquiries)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yooku:

Not to overflog this issue but just came across this from another thread....Beware, the VO's are reading our threads!!! angry lipsrsealed

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/107#59578464
It's not even a secret. They read the thread. They talk about nairaland at poe, and Visa interview. They even answer questions

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.