Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506081 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2017
dammysanmi:
In other news...

Congratulations!!! wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
bbaby84:

Exactly at the bolded. I just put in the Nigerian passport. I didn't mention the US.

It's what I did as well. Hope no issues. I have travelled several times with them but didn't include any of their travel stamps as I felt that it was unnecessary as they were kids. Started thinking that it's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
Applications are not processed in London Ontario. It has to be London UK. All FSW express entry applications go to CIO first where applications are checked for completeness (R10) before they are then forwarded to either CPC Ottawa or local visa offices outside Canada.

Check this link for visa processing centres.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

manlikegb:

@deeore, I'm a bit confused by the bolded. Some say its London, ON while some say its London, UK. Which one is indeed CORRECT please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
Saintp:

Please I have a question that nobody has answered.
Is it wrong to create two profiles for a family. That is I create my own profile for the family and my wife creates her own for the family. If we both get ITA, we use one.
I'm thinking about this because it will be easier for me to get supporting documents than my wife. However my CRS is lower than my wife due to age. So if we both create profiles and we both get ITA, I'll prefer we use my profile. I'll only want us to use her profile if I didn't ITA because it will be more difficult to get her documents.
Is this my plan okay?

It's a very good plan. I don't see any issues at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
You're just a tease plus you like catching trips grin grin What a way to resume back on the thread, wahala Madam! cheesy cheesy

I've pictured you in my mind. Lol wink wink

So happy to wake up to all the good news, it can only be God. When God is working for you, no man can put asunder.

Wish all those waiting speedy responses.

Joanna25:

Lol I'm not the abusive one, you can read my chats with her again.

Canadafly- Wura
Canadafly- Kwecee
Canadafly- Joanna

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
Since they travelled with their US passports, you should have included the passports.
A crazy case officer might frown at it. Likely it will be overlooked sha.

XX01:

It's what I did as well. Hope no issues. I have travelled several times with them but didn't include any of their travel stamps as I felt that it was unnecessary as they were kids. Started thinking that it's wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
dupyshoo:
Applications are not processed in London Ontario. It has to be London UK.
Check this link for visa processing centres.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

I read through the link and you're probably right.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teewhy31(f): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks dupyshoo
dupyshoo:
Congrats to you and teewhy31!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teewhy31(f): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks...indeed He has. God will perfect all that concerns you
GlitteringStar:

Indeed, God has filled your mouth with laughter and he has done a great thing for you and your family. Congratulations!!! smiley

I claim this speedy processing time too. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teewhy31(f): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks
Jugdement:

Wow! Wow! shocked. 18days! Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
teewhy31:
Thanks...indeed He has. God will perfect all that concerns you

Amen! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2017
teewhy31:
So here goes.....
Don't have plenty story just that God did it
.... I mean He really did.
ITA- May 31( 414, second express entry profile first expired)
AOR- August 28(got it a few minutes after submitting documents)
Medicals passed- September 11( BG changes to NA later that day)
PPR - September 15( got email at 3.01am)
Family of 4.

Congratulations. Beginning of greater things.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
dupyshoo:
Since they travelled with their US passports, you should have included the passports.
A crazy case officer might frown at it. Likely it will be overlooked sha.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by senola1: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hi Belushi,

Please can you connect me to these sure contacts you met in the Unilag transcript office so i can use same channel to fast track mine.

I sent you an email by the way. Hope to hear from you soon

belushi7:

Pardon my late response.

I scanned all the required documents, Remita receipts, filled WES form (& those not requested - my certificates) into one single file and uploaded on the site. I also mentioned in the area provided for notes that I have uploaded all those documents. Pleaded with them to help include the copy of my certificates in the package to be sent to WES.

For the timeline, you need an insider. The contact I was given was just a fraud. The guy asked for 5k/candidate and said it will take 3 weeks for it to be sent compared to normal 6weeks. I paid and almost didn't get the service promised. We were evaluating for three people and he only did one by the 3rd week. My wife had to visit UNILAG when dude stopped picking calls. We later met other people in the transcript office that had more influence and they were the ones that really finally helped us out. Even during the verification request sent by WES. So it took 3 weeks from uploading on their site to getting DHL tracking IDs for sending to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Patterns18: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
Please does the requirement to upload all markings on your travel document apply to all your passports i.e. both current and expired or just your current passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
teewhy31 That's an amazing timeline! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
Finally caught up with the thread. That was some spat right there!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2017
If it was stated in your passport request letter to send only a copy of the data page then you do so. If it was not stated, please send the physical passport. I fell victim of that mistake and incurred extra shipping cost sending it.

Cheers

ranjitksubraman:

Thanks you! It's a Great Relief!!!
Another Question... My Daughter is a US Citizen. Do I need to send her original passport or just passport copy ?

Even though it is Visa exempt country, I want to be sure and do want to end up sending her original passport again...

Thanks,
Ranjit K Subramanian.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hi Guys, my PPR is here and I really want to thank God for it.

Our application wasn't in anyway perfect.

Things we were scared we didn't get right:

1. We used 25% pension to complete our POF
2. We didn't upload my spouse's IELTS but raised a CSE about 2 days after AOR
3. Used LOE to explain that the part of the POF which was in T.bills was withdrawn from my cooperative savings account

Timeline:
CRS: 438
ITA: 9th August 2017
AOR: 23rd August
Medical passed/IP1: 6th Sept
NA2: 8th Sept
IP2: 15th Sept
PPR: 15th Sept
Family of 4

The PPR mail landed at 3.01am but we saw it at 9am today.

Our status still hasn't updated but hey, we have the mail.

In all, we give God the glory and we recognise that He alone made this happen.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
Patterns18:
Please does the requirement to upload all markings on your travel document apply to all your passports i.e. both current and expired or just your current passport.

There was some long discussion about this lately.

If you upload only your current passport datapage and all markings on it, you should be fine. That's what some people who have got PPR did. They had no problems. That's probably the best to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
They just issue COPR for the US citizen

Canadianfly:

So do they give a letter for US citizens instead of the visa? How does it work? And in a case one has Nigerian and American passports, does it matter which passport you use for the application? I plan to use all Nigerian passports for everybody. Uniform things...less complication. hope they won't ask for the American passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
tollu:

I've always pictured you as a lady and sometimes as a guy. grin grin Is Tollu a lady or a guy? grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
I only used their US passports. As thats their country of birth. Nigeria na 2nd country make they just they enter without visa grin

Canadianfly:

This confusing. If I start application with all Nigerian passports, I'll still have to upload the American passports?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
GlitteringStar:

I've always pictured you as a lady and sometimes as a guy grin grin Is tollu a lady or a guy? grin grin

Hehehe. *Music* I go saayyyy, I go say I be lady o. I'm female.

Congratulations yimiton!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Congrats! You mean August or September
yimiton:

Our application wasn't in anyway perfect.

Things we were scared we didn't get right:

1. We used 25% pension to complete our POF
2. We didn't upload my spouse's IELTS but raised a CSE about 2 days after AOR
3. Used LOE to explain that the part of the POF which was in T.bills was withdrawn from my cooperative savings account

Timeline:
CRS: 438
ITA: 9th August 2017
AOR: 23rd August
Medical passed/IP1: 6th August
NA2: 8th August
IP2: 15th August
PPR: 15th August

The PPR mail landed at 3.01am but we saw it at 9am today.

Our status still hasn't updated but hey, we have the mail.

In all, we give God the glory and we recognise that He alone made this happen.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2017
yimiton:

WOOOWWW!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

A BIG congratulations to you. kiss It was just like yesterday when you received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and I asked the question below.

GlitteringStar: @Yimiton, hope you have not yet paid for the IELTS exam you registered for?

Time really does fly!!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Canadianfly:

Sorry, just seeing this. My dear I don't know why it's giving you that. Kissoflife had a similar issue. Maybe he can come and help.

Cc: kissoflife

Canadianfly

I am not married lol and so the issue isn't similar.

@ 7stargeneralady

1. Try to check you eligibility first and ensure you meet the minimum score of 67

2. Also did you choose the right funds to cover you, your husband and kids?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
I uploaded markings of only valid travel document. Others included markings of expired travel document and we all still got PPR...so it's your call.

Patterns18:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
Congratulations to alm tbe PPR recipients!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
September please.
irewole1:
Congrats! You mean August or September
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
lol. True. and that money was wasted.

GlitteringStar:

WOOOWWW!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

A BIG congratulations to you. kiss It was just like yesterday when you received ITA and I asked the question below.

Time really does fly!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.