Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1504974 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
MRSDA:
Hi everyone. Good afternoon o. Someone can't even be gone for 1 day and there are millions of pages to catch up on lol

I didn't receive my hardcopy WES evaluation, only the report on the website, is that ok to use?

I have been told that the e-copy is fine as it will be the one you upload during post ITA.
Hence I believe what you have is fine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
MRSDA:

OAU transcript is so snail speed! It took me almost 2 months despite using an insider! Then they mistakenly omitted my husband's transcript. If we had know he wouldn't need it since he has a UK masters, would have just not bothered with his.
Their excuse for mine was that I graduated 15 years ago and I have never requested a transcript. So what?

As for the NOC, just choose the one that has the closest to your job description.
All the best
ife and wahala sha. I hope a 10year period would be of less headache to them since we got hold of good IT facilities during our understudy days...sigh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
mamacajah:

Yes, I used online for the first and last time..
Transcript request --22k
verification request-- 3k
total --25k
Lol@.....first and last time. However are these charges similar with that of the school ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by fabdee: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Finally ooooooo PPR has fallen on me oooooooooo. Oh my goodness. Brb my people my people

52 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
fabdee:
Finally ooooooo PPR has fallen on me oooooooooo. Oh my goodness. Brb my people my people

Congrats... kindly share your timeline when you return.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
atigro:

Lol@.....first and last time. However are these charges similar with that of the school ?
well I don't know about other charges, but this is what I paid thru ETX.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
DereI:

Did you mail them? They have it stated on their website;

I tracked items I sent to IQAS by courier, but I did not receive confirmation. What do I do?
Once your courier confirms delivery, please allow three weeks to receive confirmation. If you do not hear from us within three weeks, please contact us at 780-427-2655 or one of our additional contact methods.

I have mailed them countless times no response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kevinoh: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello house, please what particular address should my bank use on the bank reference letter they are to give me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
fabdee:

Congratulations! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kevinoh: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kevinoh:
Hello house, please what particular address should my bank use on the bank reference letter they are to give me?

Is Citizenship and Immigrations Canada enough or they need to include a particular processing office?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
atigro:

Great Ife,thanks for this as someone has warned against using them in an earlier post. I wouldn't mind having your contact info through pm.
Regards

MRSDA all these great Ife.. Great Ife sef *eyes rolling off sockets*

And to get transcript na war.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kevinoh:
Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello house,

Has anyone ever tried including a copy of their degree certificate in the same envelope as their transcript before the school dispatches to WES? Is it doable? Or must the transcripts and copies of certificate go separately?
I am asking because hubby needs to collect his from the school but he is getting info that it may not be ready immediately, so he is wondering if he can give the school a copy of the cert to include in the transcript package before courier.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kevinoh: 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
AlexanderGreat:

Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada.

Thanks so much guys, you wont bliv av been in the bank for over 30 mins now cracking my head about this cheesy cos on the bank form there is a column for recipient name and another for recipient address.
Your responses are quite fast. You guys rock!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gorgebaby: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
So for the Lawyers that intend to use IQAS because of how they assess LL.B degree as 'Professional Degree', please note that according to CIC, any ECA assessment with the underlisted results will be accepted as a Professional Degree.

Law

Bachelor of Laws
Juris Doctor
First professional university degree in law
First professional university degree in law, preceded by [x years] prerequisite undergraduate study

The implication of this is that WES' assessment as Bachelor of Law is sufficient to claim a 'Professional Degree needed to practice in a licensed profession'. You do not have to be stuck with IQAS like some of us, except of course you want to avoid the whole verification brouhaha with your school.

You can read further here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp just click on the 'Professional Degree needed to practice in a licensed profession'.

I will like to know if anybody has a different experience from the above. You will think that being 'overwhelmed' means these organizations are getting more money and as such should hire more people to deal with the plethora of requests they are getting. I tire walahi.

Regards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ehix89(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
fabdee:
Your joy is quite contagious, see as i just dey smile for you anyhow grin....big congratulations

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
grin grin grin so I should be getting mine sometime next week. OAU show plenty of us sha o.

mamacajah:

@bolded, if you are talking of WES, yes it came out 2 days earlier.
Thanks, we will get there, one step at a time. cool

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wondering why getting transcripts from OAU is difficult for a lot of people. Mine was very easy. Got it within 1 and half weeks for less than 10k.
They also responded to the verification even before I asked. Finished 10 years ago sha so not too long ago.

ddymples:
grin grin grin so I should be getting mine sometime next week. OAU show plenty of us sha o.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Congrats sis. God's Grace truly shined on you. Did you get any point from having an aunt in Canada for direct ITA? My understanding is that only blood related siblings or step siblings give you 15 points. I put the details of my Uncle and it didn't led to any point except for people going through Provincial nomination.

I pray that we all meet reasonable VOs like yours cos some didn't even do more than forgetting to upload a coloured copy of PCC before they got rejected. So I would say that it worked for A does not mean it would work for B. Everyone should do what makes them sleep well at night.

I feel that a Letter of Explanation is not a waste of time if you are convinced you need it to explain a case. It doesn't display weakness or make them touchlight your matter the more. If you dont have anything to explain..then it's not necessary. There are no hard and fast rule in this matter except God's Grace.

It is important prospective applicants do all that is necessary to give them comfort especially when you know the right course of action. The fact that someone got away with it doesn't mean the next person would.

Congrats again on your new addition. May the Lord favour your journey.

Remxyj:
Hello House.... Here's my Timeline

Aor: July 5
Medical passed: July 21
Ip1: (I missed it)
NA: July 22
ADR: August 1 (RPRF)
Ip2: August 17
PPR: August 22
(Family of 2 but I'm Adding a dependant now)

My application was nothing close to perfect but when God is involve protocols are suspended. We made a huge deposit of about 95% of our pof 3 weeks to submission, that alone gave me sleepless nights but I just had to trust God. We decided not to write a letter to explain that cos we realized expalnaing sometimes put you out there for too much screening and really there was nothing to explain except lies.
Secondly out of my desperacy to get more points before ITA I declared that I had a relative in Canada who's actually my cousin but I ticked her as my aunty cos I was not given that cousin option and I wanted points from adaptability. When it was time to proof the relationship after receiving ITA, my eyes cleared that have actually given a wrong information but I went ahead to submit all her documents and this was over looked and not counted as misrepresentation.
Thirdly, when my husband tried to pick up his reference letter from his place of work, the company insisted on giving a letter covering just 3 years and we already declared in our application that he has been with them for 4 years but the company said he worked as a contract staff the first year so they won't be including that. We sha collected letter like that and We never wrote a letter to explain this too.
My fingers hurts already but trust me there are still so many errors, like verifying with Wes instead of PBEC and so on. I even forgot to declare that I was ones denied a U.K. Visa. Don't have any travel history doh.
This journey has taught me a lot of things and please let's try so hard to reduce our explanations especially when not asked. May the Lord perfect this journey for us all.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
People having issues with OAU transcript can pm me for a reliable contact. The guy charges but will deliver timely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Congratulations please come back and share your timeline. I can imagine your joy.

fabdee:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bonnie1: 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
fabdee:

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by deeore: 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
Congrats @fabdee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
Gorgebaby i think the problem with WES is that the Law Degree is assessed as equal to a four year course and not a professional degree in Law which is what is boldly written on the assessment by IQAS.

When i wanted to assess my LL.B initially, i thought of using WES but luckily for me, i read from someone here on nairaland about the assessment and went ahead with IQAS. The person said his/her Law Degree first assessed with WES and the Law Degree was assessed as a four year course before he/she decided to use IQAS.

I still believe that Lawyers should go with IQAS irrespective of the time frame because it increases your scores, that's my opinion. However, not a rule cast in stone and anyone can do what they feel is right in this journey to Canada

gorgebaby:
So for the Lawyers that intend to use IQAS because of how they assess LL.B degree as 'Professional Degree', please note that according to CIC, any ECA assessment with the underlisted results will be accepted as a Professional Degree.

Law

Bachelor of Laws
Juris Doctor
First professional university degree in law
First professional university degree in law, preceded by [x years] prerequisite undergraduate study

The implication of this is that WES' assessment as Bachelor of Law is sufficient to claim a 'Professional Degree needed to practice in a licensed profession'. You do not have to be stuck with IQAS like some of us, except of course you want to avoid the whole verification brouhaha with your school.

You can read further here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp just click on the 'Professional Degree needed to practice in a licensed profession'.

I will like to know if anybody has a different experience from the above. You will think that being 'overwhelmed' means these organizations are getting more money and as such should hire more people to deal with the plethora of requests they are getting. I tire walahi.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Congrats. Please share your timelines and any challenges you overcame on the way.

fabdee:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Kevinoh:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
fabdee:

Let somebody shout HALLELUYAH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sexymj(f): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good affterrnoon, congrats to every one that has received ppr. i will share my testimony soon. amin.

pls can some1 help with answers to the following:

1. When filling personal history, all my work history and education is reflecting there. however, i have been reading here that we shld move work that we wont b claiming points for to personal history. 
do i move all my education and work history from personal history?

2. i had 1 yr experience from internship, 6 months experience before NYSC, 1YR from nysc, 2.5 yrs from current job. however i dont want to claim points from nysc. if i move nysc from work history to personal history, will it affect my application in anyway?

Thank you all. ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Newmum0615:
Hello house,

Has anyone ever tried including a copy of their degree certificate in the same envelope as their transcript before the school dispatches to WES? Is it doable? Or must the transcripts and copies of certificate go separately?
I am asking because hubby needs to collect his from the school but he is getting info that it may not be ready immediately, so he is wondering if he can give the school a copy of the cert to include in the transcript package before courier.
Thanks.
I did this. The way it works is that your school will give you the sealed transcript. Then the courier will have two envelopes in one delivery. That is one envelope with your transcript and another with your certificate and any other information you need. Two envelopes one postage.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ennyo: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello People,

Please someone please help me with who i can contact for UI Transcript...

Please help..

Hamiltondreamer:

I did this. The way it works is that your school will give you the sealed transcript. Then the courier will have two envelopes in one delivery. That is one envelope with your transcript and another with your certificate and any other information you need. Two envelopes one postage.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
bigfido:

MRSDA all these great Ife.. Great Ife sef *eyes rolling off sockets*

And to get transcript na war.

Bros you wont understand. We have a culture! Lolz @rolling eyes sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.