Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501785 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello, sb gave us a story of their acquaintance who was refused up to three times before the fourth ITA led to PPR.. Abeg what happened? Find out, pls.
Cc Hephgirl, santino1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

I dont understand how so.
I stalled mine till 2 days before submission.
My medicals was passed same time as others with same AOR..and even earlier than people before or after my AOR.
Stalling medicals is purely a suggestion and maybe taken or discarded.

The reason I suggested stalling medicals has been explained by someother person and is simply to enable you "buy time" in d future...i.e if u may wish to.
Another person also brought up the good example of longer-than-expected processing times as is seen with applications @ london Visa Office. Such people will have almost no time between PPR and visa validity. They will be under pressure to land immediately.

I can freely sit back in naija and flex till march or even april 2018 all because my medicals and hence PRV is valid till april 2018.....I can as well jet out next week if i change ma mind...
Not everyone wants to scamper out of naija at d sighting of PRV/COPR.
Not everyone has d leisure of "no lose ends to tie".
So anyone who wants to have some time to play around with can take my suggestion.

I understand what you mean and agree more or less. Doing it 2 months early is not advisable but doing it the day you submit might not give them a chance to upload it on time. They may open the application, no medical yet, and just dump it for sometime. At best maybe by a few days.

Anyways, it's just conspiracy theories from all these WhatsApp chats. It seemed to be a reigning thingy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dollarpee49: 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
hello house, please i will like someone to put me through the express entry procedure am a novice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yetunde84: 12:11am On Oct 20, 2017
For IELTS materials send your email address to lwrs9999@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yetunde84: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2017
Dollarpee49:
hello house, please i will like someone to put me through the express entry procedure am a novice

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Use this tool to answer the questions....

For the IELTS, insert the following scores
Listening 8.5
Reading 8
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5

Let’s know your score afterwards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 20, 2017
Two or three is OK. It depends on individual circumstances and preferences. Hello!
XX01:

I understand what you mean and agree more or less. Doing it 2 months early is not advisable but doing it the day you submit might not give them a chance to upload it on time. They may open the application, no medical yet, and just dump it for sometime. At best maybe by a few days.

Anyways, it's just conspiracy theories from all these WhatsApp chats. It seemed to be a reigning thingy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:05am On Oct 20, 2017
manlikegb:

@cochtrane, I look forward to the attachment. Thanks.
You'll find more details here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:29am On Oct 20, 2017
sleekysilk:

Bear in mind that before the next draw a lot of people world wide will get their IELTS result and some their ECA. These people will join the pool (Hephgirl and co). So the bolded number will definitely increase.
yes o.... Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 6:11am On Oct 20, 2017
elfmann:

If u are on a temporary visa like most students do or an approved asylee, each day u spent in Canada counts as half a day toward the required days before u can apply for citizenship. I. e ur two years is one toward that. By the time ur PR is approved u are almost qualified to apply to become a Canadian.

Oh true,it says Temporary visa....thanks elfmann.
What about PR holders,how long do u need to stay on a continuous basis before we qualify for citizenship,I have an idea but I want to reconfirm(all in a bid to convince oga)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 6:59am On Oct 20, 2017
I don't quite agree; so far as he is honest. When i applied for d visa i had Ita and i stated it there. I got the visa. All you need to prove is that you don't intend to migrate ILLEGALLY. Maybe because i stated that i was going for my sis' graduation sha. The visa came after the graduation

sleekysilk:

You still ave to cancel the TRV. Because for visiting, you are to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you don't have intention to stay back, that you are retuning to your country after the visit. Now that u have an ITA, that clearly negates ur intent because it means you have plans to permanently live in Canada. Based on ur dual (contradicting) intentions, ur TRV is likely to be rejected. So it's best you cancel it yourself. Hope I'm clear enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Kmgb:

Oh true,it says Temporary visa....thanks elfmann.
What about PR holders,how long do u need to stay on a continuous basis before we qualify for citizenship,I have an idea but I want to reconfirm(all in a bid to convince oga)
Three years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2017
cochtrane:

You'll find more details here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp
End of discussion!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Teatop1234: 7:11am On Oct 20, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by noblealuu: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2017
yetunde84:
For IELTS materials send your email address to lwrs9999@gmail.com

I've sent you a message on this email requesting for the IELTS materials. Thank you!

Pls house is there anyone in Port Harcourt who could assist put someone through on how to ace IELTS?
The said candidate is a female corp member serving in PH a law graduate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2017
Na wa for BC ooo.

JustinTrudeau:
Sleekysilk BC is still holding me to ransome, patience is really a virtue.

It's high time i tell the Minister to include TOEFL in the English Competency test.IELTS is a rip off and a delay entity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2017
On the issue of passport photo.
As me I am not in Lagos nko?
I have sought out the best studio in Osogbo here. Got 6 copies for #1000.
I can only hope this people have done the right thing grin

Sitting patiently on IP2.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2017
Studio24 and other big names just happen to be the default for cities, if you are outside Lagos/Abuja/PH, standard photo studios will still work fine.
Wish you speedy PPR, and when it comes, simply go with the photospec sheet to the studio&use a ruler to compare the measurement of the outcome with spec before you send, you will be fine.
You fit get for #800 sef cheesy cheesy not about the price #runsaway

DatechMan:
On the issue of passport photo.
As me I am not in Lagos nko?
I have sought out the best studio in Osogbo here. Got 6 copies for #1000.
I can only hope this people have done the right thing grin

Sitting patiently on IP2.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iumezinwa1: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2017
Good Day house. I'm new to this forum and I need your valuable experience.
I have two questions, I am presenting creating a profile and I need your input on the following;

Question 1 : I started my work life in May 2010 where i worked as a credit Analyst for 6 months. After which i was moved to Marketing. I worked as a Marketing staff from November 2010 till August 2012. I then resigned and went for one year masters from Sep. 2012.

I came back to the same bank in August 2014 as a credit analyst.]My question is do i need to put my prior years’ experience before masters or do i just include the post masters experience as it accounts for over 3years work experience to claim the maximum points?

If i need to include the Marketing experience is the NOC okay as 6235.

Question 2

My husband is self-employed. DO i need to include his work experience when creating a profile? Also I do not plan to do ECA for his degree, do I need to include his degree when creating a profile and select ECA not done.

Please family help me with the above enquiry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cosd(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2017
yetunde84:

Listening 8.5
Reading 8
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5

am new to this too,i used the tool, my score was 456

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2017
yetunde84:

Listening 8.5
Reading 8
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5

PS: This is not the official calculator. Eventhough the output might be same, I'd advise we stick with the official calculator.
Here is the official calculator:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smileymum: 8:27am On Oct 20, 2017
smileymum:
Oh really? Is that how it works? So it won't hurt her to not add it to her work history, if she just puts it in her personal history? The first job is NOC C 6551 for Funds Transfer/Customer Service role (3years & more), a different organization, Second & third roles NOC 0 & A respectively, same organization (4 years total). Thanks.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smileymum: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2017
Mbok, please help me with the bolded. Thanks.

smileymum:
Good evening sabi people,
Kudos to all advisers here. I want to ask a question please. I just received reference letter from my former employer but it doesn't include the clause full time employment nor is it stamped with the organization's stamp.
When I complained, they said they have been issuing the letter in the same way to other people and that any attempt to change the details may raise suspicion. They said that is only when the person was a contract staff that they indicate it. What can I do? Can I use the infamous LOE to explain that? Or should I not worry since the job is not part of my primary NOC.
I have over 3 years in the former job and 3 years in the primary NOC. Both jobs have different NOCs.
In addition, is it possible for a previous job to be under NOC C but the primary one (another previous job) to be NOC 0. Both above 3 years and current job NOC A (2 years). Is that acceptable? Asking this one for a colleague.
Best Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cakay: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2017
Yooku:

Dunno if it's my phlegmatic self but when I see "urgent" in any communication I freak out!! angry
Advice is that work to improve your CLB score because Saskatchewan is seasonal, unpredictable, more expensive and fills up quickly!! Express Entry is 'always there' for you to partake in so do the needful, get your IELTS scores as good as you can, get all your documentation in place and jump into the pool with a big "splosshhh"

Thanks so much. God bless you!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
smileymum:
Good day everyone, please I need more input on this my matter, I have other concerns expressed in the post below. @elfmann thanks for yours.
I have said enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:44am On Oct 20, 2017
elfmann:
Hello, sb gave us a story of their acquaintance who was refused up to three times before the fourth ITA led to PPR.. Abeg what happened? Find out, pls.
Cc Hephgirl, santino1

I have no idea who it was or what the story is. Sorry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2017
smileymum:
Oh really? Is that how it works? So it won't hurt me to not add it to my work history, if I just put it in my personal history? The first job is NOC C 6551 for Funds Transfer/Customer Service role (3years & more), a different organization, Second & third roles NOC 0 & A respectively, same organization (4 years total). Thanks.

Enough oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 8:48am On Oct 20, 2017
XX01:

Well I know someone who did his medicals the day before he submitted. And he got his PPR on day 30. There are no hard or fast rules on these things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by walter08: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2017
Am preparing for IELTS, not necessarily assist but we can help each other, nothing attach.

noblealuu:

I've sent you a message on this email requesting for the IELTS materials. Thank you!

Pls house is there anyone in Port Harcourt who could assist put someone through on how to ace IELTS?
The said candidate is a female corp member serving in PH a law graduate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2017
You for attach something naa grin
walter08:
Am preparing for IELTS, not necessarily assist but we can help each other, nothing attach.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2017
yokus:
I don't quite agree; so far as he is honest. When i applied for d visa i had Ita and i stated it there. I got the visa. All you need to prove is that you don't intend to migrate ILLEGALLY. Maybe because i stated that i was going for my sis' graduation sha. The visa came after the graduation

Hello Yokus, there's no need to agree or disagree. I said 'likely'- meaning 'probable' and it's in bold letters. And if i get you well, you already had your ITA before you applied for your TRV so I'm guessing you had the opportunity to explain in your LOE. The OP already applied for TRV and possibly stated in his LOE that he does not have intentions to migrate. Anyway, let the OP do whatever makes him feel relaxed. I'm not a VO, all these contributions are simply based on a few experiences we all have gathered over time either directly or by learning from others. @dupyshoo already 'hit the nail on the head' by saying if his purpose of visit is IMPORTANT he'll get his TRV approved. Trust we're all on the same page. Good morning to y'all my e-fam

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by noblealuu: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2017
walter08:

Where in PH are you , and how can she reach you. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.