Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505612 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys,

Can someone point me in the direction of the post explaining uploading documents and submitting application post ITA or better still explain to me in a fresh post; common mistakes to avoid, how docs should be uploaded etc

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2017
Nice. All the best from here on.
themaestro212:
Hi guys. I am writing this as a follow up to a question I asked some weeks back and to tell how that went. Hopefully anyone who's in the same shoes can refer to this post. In my PR application, I marked "no" in one of the statutory questions asking about visa refusals. (I had been refused visa to a country after which I appealed and got the visa). I was not sure if this was a misrepresentation so I asked on this forum and I was advised to send a CSE with an LOE. To be safe, I sent a CSE with an LOE and an updated Schedule A form. CIC acknowledged receipt and did not require any additional documents. I received PPR last week. Below is my timeline.

ITA: 21 September
AOR: 22 September
MEP: 28 September
IP1: 28 September
NA2: 28 September
RPRF Request & Paid: 03 October
IP2: 16 October
PPR: 17 October

Thanks for all the helpful posts. I wish you all the very best. Remember to commit your applications into God's hands.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 8:59am On Oct 26, 2017
Paid for Wes on the 18th of August
School (UK) wasted so much time in sending my transcript cos the people responsible kept going on a few days vacation for some reason. they finally sent it but thru royal mail and they told me it'll take 25days cos the whole transcript process is free so they dont use courier.
Wes finally updated that they got my transcript on the 21st of October and assessment in progress.
I received a mail on the 25th that my ECA is ready.
I never saw the whole 20 working days ish...was so surprised it was so short.
I pray PPR comes that way grin
Time to prepare for my long awaited IELTS...looking at Dec.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2017
VOTE OF THANKS!

I appreciate everyone of us for the congratulatory messages. May all our dreams and aspirations come to pass. It's indeed not a journey for the faint hearted.

Is it my OOU transcript and WES application that took 14 months, abi the tension to get ITA with my 433 which came exactly 7days before my birthday plus my medicals that they said I should go get a report from LUTH that was on strike which was waived... It can only be God.

And to the great people of this thread that thought me 'the boys scout way' to get all my documents readily scanned and properly named for easy uploading.

ModupeOluwa, modupe lowo gbogbo yin. Many thanks to everyone. It shall end in praise for us all.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2017
chuckdee13:
Paid for Wes on the 18th of August
School (UK) wasted so much time in sending my transcript cos the people responsible kept going on a few days vacation for some reason. they finally sent it but thru royal mail and they told me it'll take 25days cos the whole transcript process is free so they dont use courier.
Wes finally updated that they got my transcript on the 21st of October and assessment in progress.
I received a mail on the 25th that my ECA is ready.
I never saw the whole 20 working days ish...was so surprised it was so short.
I pray PPR comes that way grin
Time to prepare for my long awaited IELTS...looking at Dec.

I wish you the best. Those of us that are still in the beginning phase have to be encouraging each other grin grin Seeing people at the final stages is giving me equal dose of encouragement and long throat cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2017
So all is written with pencil?

Kontagious:

Well, I understand where your concern stems from. At a point prior to my 1st attempt, I was tempted to ask if pen is allowed for the test grin.

To your question. The exam is paper based. For listening which comes first except in rare cases where it comes later, you'd all be given an infrared headphone, question paper and answer sheet. The listening audio is played from a central device but you only hear it through your headphone. So each test taker hears the tape individually. The headphone comes with volume control, you can adjust the volume to your comfort.

Reading comes next, you'd be given a booklet (question paper) where you have your passages and questions. No device, just paper. Answer sheet for reading is the back page of listening answer sheet. So, you have front page as listening answer sheet, back page as reading answer sheet. If your test starts with listening, your headphone will be collected during the reading test.

Writing follows, but your answer sheet which contains answers for both listening and reading is collected before writing starts. You'd then be given your writing question booklet and answer sheets - One sheet for task 1 and the other for task 2. The task is clearing written on the papers so you are to adhere strictly to using the right paper for the right task. The colours are different too, white and light brown. You are not to open the question paper till you're told to do so which most likely will be when every task taker has his question and answer sheets.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2017
sleekysilk:
VOTE OF THANKS!

I appreciate everyone of us for the congratulatory messages. May all our dreams and aspirations come to pass. It's indeed not a journey for the faint hearted.

Is it my OOU transcript and WES application that took 14 months, abi the tension to get ITA with my 433 which came exactly 7days before my birthday plus my medicals that they said I should go get a report from LUTH that was on strike which was waived... It can only be God.

And to the great people of this thread that thought me 'the boys scout way' to get all my documents readily scanned and properly named for easy uploading.

ModupeOluwa, modupe lowo gbogbo yin. Many thanks to everyone. It shall end in praise for us all.

Amen! congratulations once again. I've learnt something new cheesy boyscout way. lol

By Gods Grace as soon as I enter the pool I'll start preparing documents so that can be submitted as soon I receive ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2017
Hello house there is serious rain of ppr oo congratulations all. Please a colleague of mine just received an update on her account request for travel documents bio date page and details of heights etc. please what or how should she go about it please. we are confused on what to do.thanks you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2017
Ethelia:
Amen! congratulations once again. I've learnt something new cheesy boyscout way. lol

By Gods Grace as soon as I enter the pool I'll start preparing documents so that can be submitted as soon I receive ITA
The boys scout way simply says... Be prepared!

There's the boys scout oath that does magic to your psyche... "On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country (Nigeria) and obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

@Sleekysilk, just last week, you shared a silent PPR chopper's timeline and we couldn't but just wait to read yours. Congrats once again. God's grace with you through the remaining part of the journey.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onlineise(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2017
A14:

Team London, you're not alone

@CANNYMODE, @A14, @AJUJUJU2 and all other Team Londoners, please send a mail and troubleshoot (If you have not recently). Just state the fact that its gonna be 6months on so so day, how far update?. I have now seen 3 people (including myself) that sent mail even though no response to the mail sent, files started moving like 48 hours after.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by senors(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2017
PM Me.
Kotansibe:
Good evening, Good people. Please has anyone verified University of Ibadan MSc through WES? I received a notification that photocopies of my credentials have been sent to the school for verification. Please what is the next line of action? What can be done to hasten the process? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 9:31am On Oct 26, 2017
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WITH PPRS,
I GUESS SEPTEMBER WAS A GREAT MONTH,
I PRAY OCTOBER WILL EVEN BE A BETTER MONTH FOR THOSE OF US WAITING.
GOD BLESS EVERYONE...

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2017
Abbylee:
So all is written with pencil?
If you so wish but Listening and Reading must be answered using pencil. You may however use a pen when answering on your question paper but when you're transferring to the answer sheet, only pencil must be used for both Listening and Reading. You may choose to use either pencil or pen for Writing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 9:34am On Oct 26, 2017
sleekysilk:
It's PPR guys! Woke up to the golden email.

ITA sept 20th (team #433)
AOR sept 25th
Med pass Oct 6th
IP1 Oct 6th
NA2 Oct 13th
IP2 Oct 20th
PPR Oct 25th

I bless God and thank all you my e-family.

A big congratulations to you! Just like yesterday we were rooting for you to get ITA before your birthday and getting Oga to take IELTS. I'm so excited for you and I can't imagine how beautiful your day will be today grin Glad it all ended in praise.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2017
Hephgirl:
just like yesterday o
OMG congratulations I'm so excited for u.. You have no idea. Congratulations congratulations

For real. I screamed when I saw her post. Lol like say I know her in real life grin

Another person I'm rooting for silently is MRSDA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2017
Canadianfly:

For real. I screamed when I saw her post. Lol like say I know her in real life grin

Another person I'm rooting for silently is MRSDA.

Me too oo. MrsDa, You're Next!!!

Congrats to all PPR recipients....Thank God for goodnews

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone who took IELTS exams on the 14th of Oct seen his/her resuslts? I am trying to check online via this link --> https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx and it keeps saying No results Found.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2017
Kontagious:

The boys scout way simply says... Be prepared!

@Sleekysilk, just last week, you shared a silent PPR chopper's timeline and we couldn't but just wait to read yours. Congrats once again. God's grace with you through the remaining part of the journey.

Na real be prepared o bros.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2017
Mavor:
Has anyone who took IELTS exams on the 14th of Oct seen his/her resuslts? I am trying to check online via this link and it keeps saying No results Found.. undecided

I think you need to wait until tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2017
cochtrane:

I think you need to wait until tomorrow
ok. thanks. however the 14 Oct date is showing here --> https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2017
HAHA i did my speaking too last saturday, it was a Nigerian woman but i suspect lives in the UK as she had an accent. Her reaction was pretty much the same as what you described. I was just confused on my performance lol. I am very hopeful for a 7.5 at least

SegunWamiri:

Please what centre was this? I do hope this does not occur in my centre (Abeokuta) this Saturday oo.

In another news, Speaking module is out of the way.. OMG, I just trust God for the best outcome. I know I impressed the Ghanaian lady at some point but at another, I could see the expression on her face...he has muddled it up there..lolz. Come to think of it. Them no dey use Nigerians abi na so them no trust US?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2017
Canadianfly:

A big congratulations to you! Just like yesterday we were rooting for you to get ITA before your birthday and getting Oga to take IELTS. I'm so excited for you and I can't imagine how beautiful your day will be today grin Glad it all ended in praise.

Aunty! Thank you o... I don miss u. Where goeth thou all these days? Welcome back sha. Guess ur application is going smoothly as well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Mavor:
ok. thanks. however the 14 Oct date is showing here --> https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
That doesn't matter. That's how it'll show for now. Before tomorrow evening your result will be there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2017
sleekysilk:

Aunty! Thank you o... I don miss u. Where goeth thou all these days? Welcome back sha. Guess ur application is going smoothly as well

Big congrats Sleekysilk. I'm so happy for you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2017
Thanks!

Kontagious:

If you so wish but Listening and Reading must be answered using pencil. You may however use a pen when answering on your question paper but when you're transferring to the answer sheet, only pencil must be used for both Listening and Reading. You may choose to use either pencil or pen for Writing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2017
DereI:

Big congrats Sleekysilk. I'm so happy for you

Thank u ma.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2017
Relax lol. Just check tomorrow. It takes 13 days, it'll be 13days tomorrow

Mavor:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by seakomol: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2017
I am so excited this morning.

I woke up to the most coveted email on this side of the planet.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to my mental and psychological well being while the process lasted. I do appreciate.

See my timeline, to encourage someone.

ITA - 17th May 2017
AOR- 26th Jul 2017
MEDICALS- 6th Aug 2017
ADR - 20th Sept 2017
ADR UPLOADED (FBI PCC) - 21st Sept 2017
IP2 - 28th Sept 2017
PPR - 25th October, 2017

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2017
Abbylee:
Hi guys,

Can someone point me in the direction of the post explaining uploading documents and submitting application post ITA or better still explain to me in a fresh post; common mistakes to avoid, how docs should be uploaded etc

Thanks!

You may find this useful

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2017
seakomol:
I am so excited this morning.

I woke up to the most coveted email on this side of the planet.

Congrats! Best wishes.
After a silent break, PPR just dey rain anyhow this October
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2017
PPR Rain all over this morning... I almost shed tears of Joy as i was reading from everyone with the golden mail.

Congratulations to you all!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2017
Lol! thanks alot. I havent written IELTS yet so once I'm done with that I can throw my hat into the sea, watch it sail away, and then tell "my boy" to go get it back in Jack Sparrow's voice.
Ethelia:

I wish you the best. Those of us that are still in the beginning phase have to be encouraging each other grin grin Seeing people at the final stages is giving me equal dose of encouragement and long throat cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.