Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501817 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehrnie: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Hi - has anyone done an upgrade on a completed WES report...? i.e. applied for the course-by-course evaluation? Please holla your sister wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2017
kissoflife:
my CRS score is 441, I have logged into my account and no ITA what is happening?

Congrats. I'm sure you have seen it by now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2017
bigfido:
IIIITTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! after 2 years of trying!!

Congrats. The wait is almost over.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2017
philip3:
slept off trying to refresh CIC page for draw. woke up this morning thinking I was going to be the first to post, didnt know boys are not smiling. anyway congrats to all ITA Aug 24th peeps. our timeline has started. score of 453.

Congrats. U woke up on the right side of bed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=40manlappy post=59773344]

This interesting. From WES>IQAS>ICES. We move with the flow! cheesy

I just goggled ICES, they have 2 services, standard and rush which are $200 and $400 respectively. Processing times are 5wks and 2.5wks from date of receipt of docs from school. Www.bcit.ca/ices

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Congrats @bigfido make we try connect for that other side bro. @Datechman , @Cochtrane and all others who got ITA cogratulations to you all too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2017
Abbylee:
Can someone please help with the format for the letter from the bank?

Thanks
closetextrovert:

SOA is statement of account. 

Below is what is required to be in your banker's ref by CIC.

“The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include;
1. the applicant’s name 

2.the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address)

3.the account numbers 

4.the date each account was opened and 

5.the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months”. 

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2017
Hello all, goodmorning. I have been going through the NOCs and I am quite confused on which NOC best matches my Job.
I've looked at NOCs 1241 and 1221 but I'm still confused. Please I need your inputs.
Below are my work experience;

2006-2008
Position Secretary

2008-2009 (4months Industrial Training)
Position Executive Assistant

2010-2011 (1yr Industrial Attachment)
Position Personal Assistant

2014 – 2016
Position Assistant Manager

2016 – 2017
Position Secretary, Principal’s office (National Youth Service Corps)

2017 till date
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2017
Hi, please how does the hellofax thing work? I tried visiting the site, didn't understand much.

Thanks.
Hephgirl:

I used hellofax and dey received it... No need to pay for courier. Use hellofax dot Com
Cc lovetree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by percee17: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yemosh: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2017
@ Trikings2000, can you share how you went about it? I'm a newbie and just about starting off the whole process. Thanks

Trikings2000:

Why is everyone bent on using IQAS and WES. I used ICES (BCIT) and got it less than 4 weeks after they received my documents. That was abt 1.5months ago.

The only con is that that they dont send a soft copy, rather u are sent 2 hard copies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2017
Tee248490:
Please for those who applied as married, If the wife is the principal applicant, does the husband's academic qualification need evaluation as well or it's just his Ielts that is needed to apply.
I would appreciate a response please

Your spouse's IELTS (max 20 points) and ECA (max 10 points) are optional. If you don't need the points they give, leave them out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dammie2017:
Does anyone know the average processing time if you go through PNP route if crs score is not high enough for direct ITA

From observations, PNP applications processing times (at the Province level) usually take 3-6 months to receive nomination with the exception of Ontario (1-2 months).
After nomination, PR visa application (IRCC) usually takes 5-6 months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

It's hard not to worry really. If I started this Wes thing since April, I suppose don get am now. I just lost moral. Started it now sha. Just praying.

Was shocked when I scored 8887 in ielts. I won't lie, never considered leaving this country.

But as things be now for Nigeria, na to leave if I can.
Check ur acct. I mean pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
A quick one guys:
Can medicals be done upfront (before ITA)? Please I'm not asking if it's advisable or not. I know it's valid for a year within which one has to have landed. Are there any other implications other than risk of expiry? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Algbenguze:
A quick one guys:
Can medicals be done upfront (before ITA)? Please I'm not asking if it's advisable or not. I know it's valid for a year within which one has to have landed. Are there any other implications other than risk of expiry? Thanks.

Medical exams

You must have a medical exam before you apply. Your family members must also have one, even if they aren’t coming with you.

We won’t approve your permanent resident application if your health:

is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada
When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will give you an:

information printout sheet
IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form
You must provide a copy of these documents when you apply online.

Don’t complete your medical exam until you get your invitation to apply. The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
DereI:
Hello all, goodmorning. I have been going through the NOCs and I am quite confused on which NOC best matches my Job.
I've looked at NOCs 1241 and 1221 but I'm still confused. Please I need your inputs.
Below are my work experience;

2006-2008
Position Secretary

2008-2009 (4months Industrial Training)
Position Executive Assistant

2010-2011 (1yr Industrial Attachment)
Position Personal Assistant

2014 – 2016

2016 – 2017
Position Secretary, Principal’s office (National Youth Service Corps)

2017 till date

Please remember your job duties and that of the chosen NOC only have to match 70%. If you can get reference letter(s) to meet this requirement, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
Algbenguze:

Please remember your job duties and that of the chosen NOC only have to match 70%. If you can get reference letter(s) to meet this requirement, you are good to go.

Please explain further.

For instance, take a look at this, I have different job positions under one NOC. Do I need to choose different NOCs to show different positions?

1241 Administrative assistants
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.

Example Titles

administrative assistant
executive secretary (except legal and medical)
office administrative assistant
private secretary
secretary (except legal and medical)
technical secretary

View all titles
Main duties

Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
Order office supplies and maintain inventory
Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
Determine and establish office procedures
Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
Record and prepare minutes of meetings
Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
May organize conferences
Employment requirements

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
or
Previous clerical experience is required.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Newmum0615:
Hi, please how does the hellofax thing work? I tried visiting the site, didn't understand much.

Thanks.
Scan ur documents to pdf.. ( Basically snap it with any scan app.. Save to pdf)
Enter hellofax attach documents
Add d fax number ( can't remember which comes first)
From iCloud or drop box.
Type ur reference number and details on d cover letter.
Send.

Inshort follow d instructions on hellofax.
Wes acknowledged my document less than 48 hrs..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Hahahahahaha. I no receive ITA tonight but i no fit sleep too.
I received my passports and COPR.....
Gracious God.....I am very expectant for more grounds to gain.

Reading your post, I cant help but remember the evening of 8th February 2017....that day, CRS cut off dropped below 450 for the first time since onset of EE.
The announced cut off was 447 and my crs was 446.....mehhhnnnn I felt terrible..especially because there wasnt much hope that it will remain low...
@Esosa4real encouraged me to be hopeful......
I crosschecked ma profile and saw i made a 0.5 mistake in inputting my IELTS...
I corrected d error and gbammmm......my crs score dropped to 443....just imagine my reaction.....
The rest is history.
So ma dear, keep the hope alive.....u shall also get past this stage....

Cheers.

Draw Number Date Cut-off
60 April 19 2017 415
61 May 4 2017 423
62 May 17 2017 415
63 May 26 2017 775
64 May 26 2017 199 FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM
65 May 31 2017 413

I need to encourage Peeps too.
I was about entering Pool in May with a "Paltry" score of 413. Looking at the table above you will see that the cut off dropped to 415 twice and I was so close both times. You can imagine how I felt (I hadn't even entered the pool. waiting for my wife's ECA). Finally I got in the pool on the 22nd of May or thereabout and after two days got Ontario Nomination. I was still deliberating on what to do with it and I got an ITA on the 31st of May at EXACTLY 413.
God knows your pain (if you missed ITA) and you will smile.

My Story is still being written....I will come back after PPR!. grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
DereI:

Please explain further.

For instance, take a look at this, I have different job positions under one NOC. Do I need to choose different NOCs to show different positions?

1241 Administrative assistants
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.

Example Titles

administrative assistant
executive secretary (except legal and medical)
office administrative assistant
private secretary
secretary (except legal and medical)
technical secretary

View all titles
Main duties

Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
Order office supplies and maintain inventory
Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
Determine and establish office procedures
Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
Record and prepare minutes of meetings
Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
May organize conferences
Employment requirements

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
or
Previous clerical experience is required.

It's the job duties that matter not the title. If you can merge your job duties under one of the several titles you had, better so long as it matches the duties of an Administrative Assistant. If it's within the same organization and your reference letter can carry it as stated, you're good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Abbylee:
Can someone please help with the format for the letter from the bank?
Thanks

Hello Abbylee,

You can check the links below for the format (Courtesy: @Freeradical and Yimiton)

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/437#56399815

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/780#59411725

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
elfmann:

Check ur acct. I mean pm.

Account checked. Were you trying to pass a msg?

Don't know how Nairaland mail works, but I didn't see anything else.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

Account checked. Were you trying to pass a msg?

Don't know how Nairaland mail works, but I didn't see anything else.
enter ur email... Reply the msg u get from nairaland.... Dassall
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Newmum0615:
Thanks.

Hello Newmum0615,

Check the link below for the steps to follow.

https://faq.hellosign.com/hc/en-us/articles/206074808-How-do-I-fax-a-document-
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tbaby2015: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hi people,

This association membership details. Is it necessary pls. For instance ICAN, ISMN etc. Just thinking of the social media wahala
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hephgirl:
enter ur email... Reply the msg u get from nairaland.... Dassall

Oh thanks. Did that already. Thought I had to reply here on nairaland. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
Algbenguze:

Congrats. I'm sure you have seen it by now.

YES, I have got the ITA now

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
DereI:

Medical exams

You must have a medical exam before you apply. Your family members must also have one, even if they aren’t coming with you.

We won’t approve your permanent resident application if your health:

is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada
When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will give you an:

information printout sheet
IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form
You must provide a copy of these documents when you apply online.

Don’t complete your medical exam until you get your invitation to apply. The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
Guys,

I received my ITA yesterday grin grin grin, I am yet to get complete POF and my reference letter is still pending. Can I go on to apply for permanent residence or I have to get all documents first and apply altogether?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Algbenguze:

It's the job duties that matter not the title. If you can merge your job duties under one of the several titles you had, better so long as it matches the duties of an Administrative Assistant. If it's within the same organization and your reference letter can carry it as stated, you're good.

Oh thank you. Its the same organization
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
kissoflife:
Guys,

I received my ITA yesterday grin grin grin, I am yet to get complete POF and my reference letter is still pending. Can I go on to apply for permanent residence or I have to get all documents first and apply altogether?
Get all your documents then apply. You'll need to upload them during the application. You have 90 days

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.