Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1488891 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by senors(m): 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
PM me.
aduredee:

please help, im still here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Newmum0615:
And so I have written the almighty IELTS test.
Reading section was quite smooth, writing was ok, Listening not so sure but I am believing that the outcome will be favorable and as.I have prayed to God for. I wish everyone who wrote today a good result.

Amen to the bolded.
The Reading wasn't that bad just as you said. I'd never really struggled with Listening in previous attempts but today's recording sounded a little faster than normal that I even found myself split seconds behind the tape a couple of times. Maybe na the cold AC, I no sure cheesy cheesy grin
I just hope it's not a new tactic by BC to 'retain customers' cos they've lost this one for good.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
yokus:
@Vcole my employer put the date i resumed ooo. They no gree put date camp started so technically it was about 10.5months or so.
I can only imagine the cold oooo.
That is the date camp started and the date of passing out as it appears on your discharge certificate.
Lol! My nysc employer was quite flexible. However you had other experience to make up right? I needed my nysc experience because I didn't wanna use a particular employer for the ee process and that now dropped my experience below 3yrs so nysc made up for the short fall.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damoche64: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Pm sent.

funshobabs:
Okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
nikkycool:
Would actually be nice if there's a thread for this.Am already working on Saskatchewan OID hoping to submit whenever it is opened.

Thought so too...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Popoola1960: 3:03am On Nov 12, 2017
beckycute1:

My dear... Same thoughts about today's exam.....
I guess answered quite a number esp session 3
Let's hope for the best

Can u please help me with materials. I am doinng mine by January. Here is my email address :
popoolaabayomi20@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 12, 2017
vcole:

Lol! My nysc employer was quite flexible. However you had other experience to make up right? I needed my nysc experience because I didn't wanna use a particular employer for the ee process and that now dropped my experience below 3yrs so nysc made up for the short fall.
So in summary, u did use more than one NOC to get the three years. Right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 5:13am On Nov 12, 2017
immanuella3:
Good morning everyone, I plan to use a Nigerian bank for my POF. I read on earlier pages of this topic that GTBANK could not provide all required docs as specified by CIC. Please Which bank can be suggested I use that can provide me with everything I need from them? Thank you

Someone please help, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tolz451: 6:24am On Nov 12, 2017
Someone please help.... thanks

Tolz451:
Good morning house,

You guys have been very helpful on this journey.

It's time to ask about POF, please how many months' Bank statement does one need to print and for how long is the money expected to sit in the account before printing the statement,

Thanks you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 6:31am On Nov 12, 2017
Hi,
You must have read on those pages that it depends on account type&operation, also any formal letter in whatever format they are able to give plus 6months SOA will suffice.

So if your GTB is a functional current account and has been in operation for more than 6months, you should get the letter in CIC format by speaking the right English grin. If you are sure of a booming account status&usage grin,and no valid reason why you can't have the letter, request to see the branch manager or head of operations or a request to close your account softens the stubborn customer relationship officer most times. The same person forming for you will enter ogas' office to table your request and its possibility.

First bank and Standard chartered bank has been mentioned sometimes on this platform to have given the letter in required format.

immanuella3:
Good morning everyone, I plan to use a Nigerian bank for my POF. I read on earlier pages of this topic that GTBANK could not provide all required docs as specified by CIC. Please Which bank can be suggested I use that can provide me with everything I need from them? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 6:40am On Nov 12, 2017
Elfmann Elfmann, Tuale for the boss! You just dey find answer to that NOC ish shaaa, its cool.

Meanwhile, getting letter from different employers isn't same as using different NOC, she could have done the same kinda job with different employers which adds up to 3years in same NOC.

Lerrus wait for her response sha...before bros comman gimme agbele say wetin be my owngrin I have taken my sub already.

elfmann:

So in summary, u did use more than one NOC to get the three years. Right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by johnsonm2g: 6:46am On Nov 12, 2017
Please gurus in the hux, can someone how has put in 6 years in a full time job apply for express entry or wait till the person has completed 10years in service?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 6:48am On Nov 12, 2017
1year is the requirement
https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
johnsonm2g:
Please gurus in the hux, can someone how has put in 6 years in a full time job apply for express entry or wait till the person has completed 10years in service?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 6:51am On Nov 12, 2017
johnsonm2g:

where did you even get that 10yeara requirement from
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 7:15am On Nov 12, 2017
ogirl1:
Hello. Just sent you a PM. I have some questions about Ontario pnp. Pls respond. Thanks

Hello @Ljay17,kindly give a breakdown on the process of this particular program as it seems faster than other PNP.Am really interested in it and have tried to read it up but wants to hear from the horses mouth.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2017
Abby2017:

First bank and Standard chartered bank has been mentioned sometimes on this platform to have given the letter in required format.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Homguy(m): 8:19am On Nov 12, 2017
beckycute1:
Hello guys,

Wes updated my profile last week to docs received and reviewing...... Now they have updated to awaiting transcript....my transcript was sent over 2 weeks ago and should have been received..... Is it advisable to contact them?
when your transcript was sent from school, did you ask for and get a tracking number? Thats important rather than assuming. Pls try tracking your transcript so you would have the confidence to disturb them about it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Homguy(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2017
Algbenguze:

Amen to the bolded.
The Reading wasn't that bad just as you said. I'd never really struggled with Listening in previous attempts but today's recording sounded a little faster than normal that I even found myself split seconds behind the tape a couple of times. Maybe na the cold AC, I no sure cheesy cheesy grin
I just hope it's not a new tactic by BC to 'retain customers' cos they've lost this one for good.
grin grin grin grin Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2017
Abby2017:
Elfmann Elfmann, Tuale for the boss! You just dey find answer to that NOC ish shaaa, its cool.

Meanwhile, getting letter from different employers isn't same as using different NOC, she could have done the same kinda job with different employers which adds up to 3years in same NOC.

Lerrus wait for her response sha...before bros comman gimme agbele say wetin be my owngrin I have taken my sub already.

I know all that.. I want to know her own story for everyone else.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ljay17: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2017
nikkycool:
Hello @Ljay17,kindly give a breakdown on the process of this particular program as it seems faster than other PNP.Am really interested in it and have tried to read it up but wants to hear from the horses mouth.Thank you.

Hello nikkycool,

The requirements for OINP is quite similar to that of the FSWP apart from the mandatory Statement of Intent to reside in Ontario. You would need work reference letters, ECA, Settlement funds, Payslips, Bank statements etc.

I would suggest you download the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream application guide from their website to get the full details.

Please ensure you select Ontario as one of the Provinces you’d like to immigrate to while creating your EE profile. You should get an NOI if your CRS is above 400. Although, they lowered their CRS Cut-Off to below 400 when they targeted some specific NOCs in IT sector a few months ago.

All the best to you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2017
aobiya:
Please I learnt here that once a passport is less than 6 months to expiry, it is best to get a new one to apply for EE.

My wife will be needing to get a new passport and have a change in surname as well. I know that in the past name change can only be done in Abuja.

Please what is the current process of doing so. Can it be done in other passport offices now?

Tnx
Yes, you can do it any where now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2017
Late post
Thanks guys for all the plenty congratulations lol.

Plenty has been said about London VO let me share what I know it may help someone.

First of all if you've had a visa refusal you MAY most likely end up in London. Those guys are not like Ottawa, they scrutinize most applications. That being said you MAY want to be proactive and submit things like your payslips and employment letter (of course your reference letter is a must).

You won't be rejected cos you dint submit them. If they need any, they'll ask you for it, the thing is it MAY delay your application by some days.

If you don't have your payslips I'll advice you write an LOE when you're submitting your application so they don't bother asking you for it.

I was asked to submit proof of funds again so please keep the 'dough' intact, with London VO anything is possible.

If you're self employed get your tax documents ready cos they'll most likely ask for it, some that are not self employed were asked for this also.
Someone (self employed) was asked to show example of what his company had done (I have no idea what they wanted).

Well this seems to be the trend for now. It may change soon, you never know.

And please if you're a lazy reader like me use the search bar, it would help you a lot. Any issue you're having I can bet more than 10 people here have had it and have gotten solutions from our seniors.

All the best

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2017
Ekinado:
congrats!!
was it PNP?
Nah, FSW
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oreoluwa08(f): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2017
Redslip:

Am having similar similar issue too, i initially got an update a week ago from wes that my ACA transcript had been received and they are reviewing it, but today everything now changes to transcript not accepted, reason stated was that the document was not received directly from the academic institution as required by WES
Pls was it WES, you had to called in your case? I actually dont understand if the issue is from ICAN either
Thank you
This happened to me too, ICAN actually sends softcopy of the transcript to WES as well, contacted wes via twitter dm and they said it was soft copy that was sent, i assured them that the hard copy was on its way, immediately they got the hard copy, my status changed, my transcript is awaiting verification from ican presently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hamddy: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Good afternoon house, I would appreciate an enlightenment on my situation. For years I have been trying to do this but I always thought it was a cumbersome process until I stumbled upon nairaland.

Right now age isn't on our side. I am 34 will be 35 in Feb. My husband is 39 going 40 next October. I am thinking of being the PA because of age. I have an OND Sec.admin and BSC. Banking and finance, my husband has OND, HND and ICAN he is currently working but I have stopped working about 5years ago, I was a banker and worked for over 10 years since I completed my OND. I currently run a procurement and supply company which has been in existence since 2014.

Being a principal applicant what NOC would I claim and the possibility of going through the EE or PNP program in terms of CRS point.

Also do we do our ECA separately or there's a way to confirm both using only one application to WES. Can I also collect a reference letter from an old employer.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by adesbaba: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
MY CASE

Wantd to reside in canny bt cudnt go fr msc due to slight 2:2 in bsc accounting ish n also d college tuition fees esp for 2 yrs prog dat leads to 3yrs PGWP are kinda high,so I opted to cyprus since studies is cheaper there n now going for MBA in CIU ...I have just 6 months experience as bank teller,had nysc ppa as a secondary school...after studies in cyprus I plan switching to Canny tru all dis express entry stuff.....pls family ,whats my chance

Success to all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
immanuella3:
UBA also gives the letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekchic(f): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,

I know a lot has been said about NOC and the minimum requirements but I will really just like to get it cleared.Here's my story:

I registered my business in 2009 and I was self employed from then till 2012.

Did my NYSC in 2012-2013 as a secondary school teacher which is NOC A

Then since then I have worked in 2 different companies for a total of 2years and 4months as a customer service officer which is NOC C.

My questions now are:

1. Under personal history, will I start from 2009 when I was self employed or 2012 when I served ?

2. Will I only be able to claim points for my NYSC or all three years 4months of paid work?

3. Will I need to get reference letter from all three employers or just the NYSC that falls in the NOC A?

Pls assist me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by donrabii: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
Please for OINP, do I provide reference letters for the job I'm claiming points for in my EE profile, or for all jobs I've done in the last ten years .

I'm. confused because some of them are not in NOC A, B or 0?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by immanuella3: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Feygbe:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
vcole:

@vcole, is your nysc NOC the same with your other work experience NOC or they are different? I just want to know if one can only combine experience that falls under the same NOC or one can combine from different NOCs.

Thanks and happy Sunday to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by btrocky09(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Any idea about Access Bank??
Feygbe:

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.