Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1500205 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rchilee: 9:59am On Nov 16, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Your projected CRS score is 431 (You and your spouse will aim to score a minimum of 8777 (LRSW) in the IELTS test and evaluate your certificates too).

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onlineise(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2017
Ajujuju2:
Oya oooo!!!!!!!!!
Gather round, come follow me praise God.
Jehova unchanging...Awimayeun...Okwerenkwa me ya! Alagbada ina...Chineke ana-agbanweghi agbanwe! Chai his praise is all i have.

Express Entry Awareness Oct 2014
IELTS Sept 2015
ITA1 Jan 2017 (rejected for FBI PCC)
ITA2 Mar 2017
AOR June 16
MP Jul 11
NA2 Jul 25
FTD Aug 25
IP2/ADR Nov 8
PPR Nov 15

This journey has taken three years in planning and execution. In all Baba God was in charge.

@yokus @deeore @Mrsbee oya oo. Share your testimonies #TeamLondon
@onlineise, @mummyjaygirls @slowlybutsurely @merrymum ...i'm right behind you o!
Forgive me if i left anyone out.

Boooooooomboclat I am the happiest for u sisto...we conquered Giving Birth In Yankee Thread and now this....olowogbogboro grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Byhisgraceid: 10:00am On Nov 16, 2017
hello, just wondering , did you get answer to this question. i need it too

XX01:
Guys, has anyone obtained transcript fro university of Abuja? How can I do it? How easy/difficult is the process?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Good day my good people...I still need your good natured and frank advice on my dilemma as explained below:

I'm bothered but I know there's wisdom in multitude of counsel...hence I need your opinion from our collective knowledge here. It's a little peculiar since its a Provincial Nomination Program related matter and I won't bother you with this query again after this last post grin grin Just to get some other differing opinions or mode of attacking it! grin

My situation:

I applied for PNP(provincial nomination)and I was contacted to submit my my Bachelor’s degree.
Whilst submitting the application, I had submitted my highest qualification required (which is an MBA) plus my ICAN certificate (though not required).

My 1st degree is in Philosophy...but I have always in the last 9 years of my working life used my ICAN qualification to secure jobs (including the place I'm currently working now) and my employers were always aware of my 1st degree background.

I currently work as an accountant in accounting roles (never worked with my 1st degree once) and this informed my NOC 1111

Pls how do I address this provincial ADR asking for my 1st degree. How do I explain to the Visa Officer (VO) that ICAN formed the basis of the job experience that I have in the last 8 years

Note. I qualified as a chartered accountant before entering the Labour market (about the same time I graduated from my 1st degree) before NYSC year.

I further went ahead to earn an MBA in 2015 whilst working, to consolidate my finance background.

The concern is that if the VO doesn't understand properly (the peculiarity of our educational combinations in this clime) he might erroneously slam NOC/Education/experience mismatch on my application.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2017
aduredee:

This is a forum for building each other, not for pulling down. Whatever he says his scores are, how does it affect you. MYOB (mind ya own biz)

Who is pulling who down mbok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2017
Wow Yokus and Ajujuju2 congratulations, i am so happy for you.

May God favor you as you continue on this journey in Jesus name Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 10:07am On Nov 16, 2017
agates:
Good morning everyone. My score is 446 but i did not get any email. Please help

You won't get an email yet. Log into your account you'll see it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ekinado: 10:12am On Nov 16, 2017
Ekinado:
Please can I get a format of LOE? especially one that has Gift of deed and sale of property. please send to roseysofia@yahoo.com.

thanks
Help o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2017
XX01:

Not sure. If they contact your supervisor, they will usually copy HR.

Thank you.. @XX01 we r awaiting ur landing story next ...�..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tempest01(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2017
cheromel:
Goodmorning lovely people. Please i need your advice on an issue. I'm about to request for my UK PCC but the proof of address is giving me headache because my Passport is my maiden name while all abailable proof of address shows my married name (i intend using two bank accounts statements from different banks). I was single while in the UK. Do u guys think it might be an issue if UK PCC is marriage name while other documents are in maiden name.
Thank you.

Well I don't think they are strict about it. I used my bank statement and nepa bill which didn't have my own name on it but my dad's. My report has been dispatched. The only issue is that I sent it here you Nigeria, and it is taking forever to arrive. Had to make another payment of 6 pounds to a UK address.

My advise is to submit first then send am email to customer care. I think you should have a change of name document which could be requested.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2017
XX01:

You can write a letter of explanation and put this explanation as well as include the degree certificate. Remember to keep the letter short and precise and sign at the end.

Should be no problem.

Oh @XX01...I didn't see this on time.

I'm so grateful for your advice.

But how can I emphasise my ICAN training over the degree that is not finance related.

I was thinking to go collect transcripts from ICAN but my 45 days deadline is ticking. It will burn out on the 25th of Dec (xmas grin I can't even crush chick bone with this fire under my bumbum)

ICAN transcript plus certificate and Letter of Good Standing from ICAN (will it still be in order to attach the degree certificate & transcript?- I really want to downplay it)

Everybody, your thoughts will be appreciated. These are just me thinking aloud... cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2017
Kontagious:
Let me use this opportunity to appreciate GlitteringStar... Though, I am short of the right words at this moment but it's just about saying thank you for keeping tabs on this thread. Needless to say she's a custodian of information.

Thank you for the kind words.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2017
Byhisgraceid:
hello, just wondering , did you get answer to this question. i need it too

No answer yet. Hope someone can answer us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2017
philip3:
congratulations all PPR recipients.
just wonder has @castrugle update his/her timeline?
I just wan know.

Yups.

Here: link

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:23am On Nov 16, 2017
jovykay:

Thank you.. @XX01 we r awaiting ur landing story next ...�..

My own still far. Na spring things. Let the cold pass small.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Java47: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2017
Congratulations @Yokus. It's been a journey, glad to be part of the success story.

It's been a huge flood of PPRs and ITAs, and we're grateful to God for it all ending in serious praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2017
TEECANN:

But how can I emphasise my ICAN training over the degree that is not finance related.

ICAN transcript plus certificate and Letter of Good Standing from ICAN (will it still be in order to attach the degree certificate & transcript?- I really want to downplay it)

Everybody, your thoughts will be appreciated. These are just me thinking aloud... cheesy

Did you get an ECA for your ICAN?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:39am On Nov 16, 2017
Congrats cheesy cheesy cheesy Be not thou silent anymore.
Fortville:
Glory to God. ITA has come.
I went through the OINP route, got nominated last Friday and ITA today.

He who has started this work is faithful to complete it.

I rejoice with everyone with ITA and PPR....coming right behind you.

Silent reader.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Only1babadee: 10:40am On Nov 16, 2017
lovetree:
Good morning House. Please has anyone been in my shoes before and how did you resolve it. My school said my transcript has been sent to WES since last week and according to the tracking number that was given to me, it got to WES on Friday, but my account still says transcript has not been received. I've mailed WES but got no reply. Don't know the next step to take.....Thanks in advance.

A friend had a similar dilema, I advised him to fax them the details, he did and got an almost instant update. Try script your tracking details and delivery timeline on MS word, convert it to PDF and Fax to them using online fax.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2017
Ekinado:
Help o

Go to page 1 I think there is a sample of a gift deed.
Your LOE is a personal document . It says everything you want to officials to know

Dear sir
1...... Proof of funds

2.....birth certificate

Like so
Also search my posts I posted a gift deed last week
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ronke1114: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2017
Hi guys, pls how long does it take Uk police report to get to Nigeria. Paid £9 for tracking only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2017
TEECANN:
I was thinking to go collect transcripts from ICAN but my 45 days deadline is ticking. It will burn out on the 25th of Dec (xmas grin I can't even crush chick bone with this fire under my bumbum)

Hi Teecann,

So I’m thinking why not just provide what is asked for, and stop worrying over this issue of degree correlating with work experience.

I think it is common knowledge you don’t necessarily need to have a finance degree before you can be ICAN certified, moreover people have career switch, your ICAN certification shows you have what it takes to practice what you claim to practice, so why bother? I don’t think you will be penalized for not practicing Philosophy.

Provide what is asked for and watch your application come through.

If your first degree certificate was requested, why would you want to add the ICAN transcript et al? If those were needed, your ADR would have stated so. Should the need arise to validate your work experience, I don't think it will be through your degree certificate or letter of good standing from ICAN, rather getting in touch with the organization(s) you claimed to have worked.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oopsy(f): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2017
Hi, I experienced pretty much the same thing. It took 2 weeks after the tracking number showed WES had received my verification before it was updated on my account.
Bombard them with mails via the 'contact us' tool and keep quoting ur tracking number. If possible call or tweet them.

Good luck.

lovetree:
Good morning House. Please has anyone been in my shoes before and how did you resolve it. My school said my transcript has been sent to WES since last week and according to the tracking number that was given to me, it got to WES on Friday, but my account still says transcript has not been received. I've mailed WES but got no reply. Don't know the next step to take.....Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=TEECANN post=62425592]

Thank you Ajii. ..you took time out to at least pen your thoughts...I appreciate you and your won't be forgotten in my PPR autobiography. cheesy

Lol @ PPR Autobiography.....Make I find out say my name no dey shoogbo?.
I will sue you ni.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oopsy(f): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Kontagious post=62425469]Let me use this opportunity to appreciate GlitteringStar... Though, I am short of the right words at this moment but it's just about saying thank you for keeping tabs on this thread. Needless to say she's a custodian of information.

I concur. Was a silent reader for a long time and came to limelight because of GlitteringStar. She is good! Keep it up Ma, Ur stars will keep glittering, ur work is not unnoticed. God bless.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lovetree: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2017
Thank you so much Oopsy and only1babadee. I've done as you have suggested. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2017
Oopsy:

I concur. Was a silent reader for a long time and came to
limelight because of GlitteringStar. She is good! Keep it up Ma,
Ur stars will keep glittering, ur work is not unnoticed. God
bless.

I am honoured. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2017
yokus:

Ajujuju2 - you be Prophetess? You tagged me n Golden mail fell on me. Lol- it is my brother's app that is in LVO.

Wow! Wow! I'm not an ambulance, lol, just to note like someone here.

Happy congrats!! Nice one. Wish you the best in Canada. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

London recruit how makaet

My sister, market dey o. We are just eating biscuits and drinking tea. Hope person will not get fat while at it. Patience is a virtue :-)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by intercedertee(f): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Good day my people. I have been a silent reader on this page. Please I need your advice o. Can I go ahead with my PCC and Medicals while waiting for WES and IELTS? And what is the duration of time in which d PCC and medicals expires.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 11:52am On Nov 16, 2017
TEECANN:
Good day my good people...

I'm bothered but I know there's wisdom in multitude of counsel...hence I need your opinion from our collective knowledge here

My situation:

I applied for PNP(provincial nomination)and I was contacted to submit my my Bachelor’s degree.
Whilst submitting the application, I had submitted my highest qualification required (which is an MBA) plus my ICAN certificate (though not required).

My 1st degree is in Philosophy...but I have always in the last 9 years of my working life used my ICAN qualification to secure jobs (including the place I'm currently working now) and my employers were always aware of my 1st degree background.

I currently work as an accountant in accounting roles (never worked with my 1st degree once) and this informed my NOC 1111

Pls how do I address this provincial ADR asking for my 1st degree. How do I explain to the Visa Officer (VO) that ICAN formed the basis of the job experience that I have in the last 8 years

Note. I qualified as a chartered accountant before entering the Labour market (about the same time I graduated from my 1st degree) before NYSC year.

I further went ahead to earn an MBA in 2015 whilst working, to consolidate my finance background.

The concern is that if the VO doesn't understand properly (the peculiarity of our educational combinations in this clime) he might erroneously slam NOC/Education/experience mismatch on my application.

Thank you.

Hopefully you've gotten an answer. I don't think this is a problem. Just explain that you have both qualifications and that you have always worked as an accountant. I don't see it as a big deal to be honest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.