Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,774 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501742 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wisemen045(m): 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

For the ICAN, it will be evaluated as a Canadian equivalent degree if you obtained it under the new syllabus. With your BSc certificate and the ICAN certificate (if evaluated as a Canadian equivalent), you can choose two or more certificates.

Thanks so much. You've been most helpful.

Please, can you throw more light on the new syllabus part of your response with regards to ICAN. I qualified in 2008. I requested for a copy of the transcript from ICAN about 2 months ago and I observed that some of the modules listed had titles different slightly or completely from what it used to be back then. Do you think this has taken care of the old syllabus - new syllabus dichotomy?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
wisemen045:

Thanks so much. You've been most helpful.

Please, can you throw more light on the new syllabus part of your response with regards to ICAN. I qualified in 2008. I requested for a copy of the transcript from ICAN about 2 months ago and I observed that some of the modules listed had titles different slightly or completely from what it used to be back then. Do you think this has taken care of the old syllabus - new syllabus dichotomy?

Read this post to know more.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Raconteur14:
This has to be the most congratulations for someone that hasn't officially announced his PPR officially.

I guess it is official when your Mrs dear friend announces it with so much aplomb.

Congratulations @cochtrane, Chief Data analyst who is always willing to help. Predictions with graphs and other data to back it up make it seems like he works with CIC.

And I can only join everybody in congratulating G.S Cochtrane as well. Dive into the pool on time so you can go and join him there swiftly.

Why waste d spot?
why dive in a pool wen her dear friend has already secured a ppr?
let him just add her. she already has ielts and eca so his points wont drop....
@ cochtrane congrats sir, your glitterring star has shone on your ppr and we have all seen(heard)....
may the maple land favor you and her too.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by anaxagoras: 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

You can do an affidavit stating that she is the same person (one and same person affidavit). Kontagious posted a sample in this post.

thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2017
Good evening Peeps,

Please, can my preggy wife do Medicals? Hope its not a show-stopper?

Thanks in adv.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

You can do an affidavit stating that she is the same person (one and same person affidavit). Kontagious posted a sample in this post.

his wifes birth certificate isnt even needed in this EE application.
I wonder if she will ever be asked for a birth cert in canada.
The one and same person affidavit can be done and kept shaaaa...just in case.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

his wifes birth certificate isnt even needed in this EE application.
I wonder if she will ever be asked for a birth cert in canada.
The one and same person affidavit can be done and kept shaaaa...just in case.

True. Thanks Ma'am.

Cc: Anaxagorus
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flosk: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
shygunXs:
Good evening Peeps,

Please, can my preggy wife do Medicals? Hope its not a show-stopper?

Thanks in adv.

Yes she can.

Also take note: if the bump is not obvious, let them know so that they can provide an xray shield when she is doing her xray(to protect thr unborn from undue exposure)

Also if the due date is near, prepare for additional pof which you might need if the baby is born before you travel tp canada

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wisemen045(m): 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Read this post to know more.

The link was helpful. I used that opportunity to explore GoldenJem's post on the issue. The assessing body (WES) has the final say on equivalency based on latest information supplied to it by ICAN. It was said that ICAN had updated its syllabus with WES. So, I will give it a try when I finally decide.

Thank you so much for your time and kind guide.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ronke1114: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
As one of those newbies, congrats @cochtrane. Thanks for your contributions. All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
Thanks for the feedback PM. I had to call them yesterday after reading your post and was informed that my assessment is in final stages and should get it soon. Keeping fingers crossed.
JustinTrudeau:
So sorry, just seeing this now.I sent an e-mail to lbr.iqas@gov.ab.ca.Seems they have completed most ECA with October AOR,the problem now is scanning and mailing.

I need to speak with Rachel Notley, we need more hands for this Alberta credential assessment. Just doing my job as the PM.
Congrats to the 101st Canada Permanent Resident on this forum.
Regards,
Your PM grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
Guys, in evaluating HND with WES, is the school required to send transcripts for only HND or must the OND transcripts be included?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oopsy(f): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2017
Faaz09:
Good evening seniors,I have been a silent reader who has benefited immensely from this thread but I am confused at the moment.

Ielts-LRWS-8,8.5,6.5,7
Writing is in no way my weakness. Should I ask for a remark of my writing and speaking or book another test?

Funny enough, I have the exact same result with yours and it is my 2nd attempt. I'm in a hurry to get into the pool but not sure I want to contribute to BC again. I've already submitted my EOR. I strongly believe we will get a bump.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
flosk:

Yes she can.

Also take note: if the bump is not obvious, let them know so that they can provide an xray shield when she is doing her xray(to protect thr unborn from undue exposure)

Also if the due date is near, prepare for additional pof which you might need if the baby is born before you travel tp canada

Thanks a lot.

I'm also thinking she should be the principal applicant because she'd get plenty marks from her age (28 next year; i'm 33 in January). Just that I have more experience than she does. She has 2 years, I have over 8 years.

Finally, do I need to do ECA if she's principal applicant? given that I have to fend for the family as her hubby, and have to work, I feel I would need to but for my school that is in Republic of Benin, im thinking the process to get WES/ECA would take forever. Im trying to avoid long thing.

If its not necessary as a secondary applicant, I'd just shelve the ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
anaxagoras:
please my wife's birth certificate bears Anuoluwa while all her other documents bears Anuoluwapo. She still keeps her maiden name as well. how do i change these errors.

Thanks.

She doesn't need her birth certificate. So use the name on her passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sistaj: 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
congrats to @cochtrane our data analyst.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2017
I think I posted in tbe wrong thread before....

Please if you have PMed me, kindly write your question here and mention me. I'm in and out of Wi-Fi for now.

Congratulations to all the PPR recepients.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello All, in light of the new policy (see attachment) on withdrawal from Pension funds, hope it will not affect our POF plans?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
shygunXs:

Thanks a lot.

I'm also thinking she should be the principal applicant because she'd get plenty marks from her age (28 next year; i'm 33 in January). Just that I have more experience than she does. She has 2 years, I have over 8 years.

Finally, do I need to do ECA if she's principal applicant? given that I have to fend for the family as her hubby, and have to work, I feel I would need to but for my school that is in Republic of Benin, im thinking the process to get WES/ECA would take forever. Im trying to avoid long thing.
If its not necessary as a secondary applicant, I'd just shelve the ECA.

Please, should you choose to make her the PA, try to make sure her work experience is three years Because the points she will be losing for experience is more than the points youre losing for age. Even if it involves going to her ppa to get additional reference letter, pls do.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello All, in light of the new policy (see attachment) on withdrawal from Pension funds, hope it will not affect our POF plans?

Looks like its going to be 12.5% for people like me. Assuming employee/employer contribution is 50:50
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
hiscules:
Guys, in evaluating HND with WES, is the school required to send transcripts for only HND or must the OND transcripts be included?

If the school is where you did your ond, they most certainly will send both transcripts. It will be better for you to send in your ond certificate to wes as well as your hnd cert too before the transcripts gets there.

May you share the reason why youre evaluating hnd alone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
threadstone:

Please, should you choose to make her the PA, try to make sure her work experience is three years Because the points she will be losing for experience is more than the points youre losing for age. Even if it involves going to her ppa to get additional reference letter, pls do.

Even if it involves going to her ppa to get additional reference letter Yes, she would get her reference from NYSC employer, Ministry of Budget & Planning at Abeokuta.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
My thought is that this is Voluntary Contribution by the employees which differs from the contribution by both employers/employees

mamacajah:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
Congrats Cochtrane

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2017
This has to do with VCs (Voluntary Contribution) and not RSA (Retirement Savings Account) which is mandatory for employees. Your 25% is still guaranteed for withdrawal (after 4 months of being out of job) since there isn't any amendment made on it.

VCs are done by employees as a form of additional savings. It is usually exempted from being taxed when the contribution is made, hence, the reason they tax if you withdraw the funds within 5 years of contributing.

The 25% has to do with our RSA and not VC, so we are safe.

threadstone:

Looks like its going to be 12.5% for people like me. Assuming employee/employer contribution is 50:50

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
ddymples:
This has to do with VCs (Voluntary Contribution) and not RSA (Retirement Savings Account) which is mandatory for employees. Your 25% is still guaranteed for withdrawal (after 4 months of being out of job) since there isn't any amendment made on it.

VCs are done by employees as a form of additional savings. It is usually exempted from being taxed when the contribution is made, hence, the reason they tax if you withdraw the funds within 5 years of contributing.

The 25% has to do with our RSA and not VC, so we are safe.

Whew..that's a relief. That's why its good to ask questions rather than assuming you know it all..lol...Thanks for your response everyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
I'm thinking of getting an MBA from ABU under a distance learning program. Please will it count?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello guys, I was supposed to pay for WES evaluation today but dunno it seems the site will only accept canadian cards.
Please how did you guys go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ljay17: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Searching.................

Looking for microphone..................

Okay. Seen!

#Picks Mic

Hello Everyone,

Good news! Good news!! Good news!!!

On 5th August 2017, someone assisted the newbies by summarizing the first part of this thread.

He read the whole thread, summarized it and posted FAQs to assist the Newbies.

He is one of the most helpful guys on this thread. He assisted many people even before he dived into the pool.

To cut the long story short, he submitted his application few weeks ago.

I'm very happy to announce that this helpful fellow received his Golden Mail today smiley

Congratulations to the ever outstanding data analyst of this thread.

Congratulations, my dear friend. kiss

I'm so happy for you wink

To all other PPR hopefuls, I wish you all speedy processing time and favour.

More of such good news on this thread.

#TeamDoitYourself

#Drops Mic wink

Big congrats to ‘The Cochtranes’. Glitteringstar, no need to dive into the pool again, rather stroll to Ikoyi registry with your boo.

Errrmmmm...one last job for you Prof Cochtrane, please research if one can add spouse after PPR but before COPR. Asking for some newlyweds!!! Lmao

***runs away****

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ljay17: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
PS: Can’t wait to read about Cochtrane’s timeline and his ‘long post’ about how he found love on his Canadian PR journey.

Stay tuned guys. It would be an epic read.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bluepresidents: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2017
Guitarlife:
Hello guys, I was supposed to pay for WES evaluation today but dunno it seems the site will only accept canadian cards.
Please how did you guys go about it?

Succesfully paid now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.