Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,563 members, 7,801,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501097 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
sleekysilk:
Congratulations @ Algbenguze, Newmum0615, Kemzyebony, Divinegift Becky, and all who aced their IELTS.

In other news, COPR and Visa on hand.
ITA Sept 20
AOR Sept 25
PPR Oct 25
Passport got to Accra Oct 30
COPR Nov 24

Thank you all... Hephgirl, 40man, Canadianfly, GlitteringStar, Cochrane, etall... I pray it all ends in praise for all of us

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
Untoyou:
Good morning house,

I got my IELTs yesterday, had 8.5,7.5,7.5 ,7 in LRSW. My CRS with spouse non -accompanying is 408. I am filling my express entry profile. Will I have the option to fill spouse details?
If my spouse should change his mind before provincial nomination and write IELTS , can I still edit my EE profile to read spouse accompanying?

Thank you.

Congrats.
This Nov 11 IELTS really favoured a lot of us. Let the trend continue abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teevyne01: 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Canadianfly:

Sorry but I have questions. How did you decide you want to relocate to Canada? What did you know about it before? Did you just stumble on this thread? How did you find the EE link to create a profile?

I ask because it's chilling that anyone would want to take a major decision like relocation to another continent and not do serious research on how to go about it, what is required and what to aim for. I'm not dissing you or anything, but your questions like how to get an ECA suggests you haven't even read CIC website. That Nairaland is your authentic go to place. Very worrisome undecided

Lol. I understand that I'm not being dissed. All this is in a bit to help me anyway. I know a few things and someone had been working on it with me. I just seemed rational to find some unbiased help elsewhere (like knowing about the test results). About the ECA, I always knew about conversion of certificates but I thought basically it'd be after applying.

Yes, I did read it. But maybe I didn't sink it all in... How did I decide to relocate? I have no answer o lol... I actually stumble on this. I knew NL would have something like this and with people like you so...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
My sincere gratitude to everyone for their congratulatory messages and wishes.

I wish you all the very best in all your endeavours.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
cochtrane:

Thing now is, I've traveled and didn't make arrangements for this 15-day deadline. I'll have to find a way to extend this.
I got a 30-day extension (a 45-day deadline) after writing a mail to CPC-Ottawa and attaching evidence of travel. Response to my mail took 5 days. Perhaps someone finds this update useful.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by topsy5(f): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
abbeykun:

Verification is usually within 24-48 hours baring any unforeseen circumstances...but dependent on when copy of the verification request is received. Note that WES sends the request via hard mail which takes a week or more to get delivered, while verification is sent via soft mail.
Thank you very much, I just got the WES email yesterday that they have sent a request for verification so let me give it like 2weeks hopefully all will be done

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
cochtrane:

I got a 30-day extension (a 45-day deadline) after writing a mail to CPC-Ottawa and attaching evidence of travel. Response to my mail took 5 days. Perhaps someone finds this update useful.

Nice one! Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
boboro1:
L
Congrats

quick one please which bank did you use ?giving you in Cic format and also how many months did the pof stay in your account and did you left the money untouched after sumition of application

My bank is Credit Suisse. I never left the account untouched (not before or after submission) as I'm always on the look out for investment opportunities. However, I ensure the money in the account never fell below the amount I indicated in my eAPR.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
Santino1:

Oga Santino, I like your "COPR announcement" style o. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
Santino1:

My bank is Credit Suisse. I never left the account untouched (not before or after submission) as I'm always on the look out for investment opportunities. However, I ensure the money in the account never fell below the amount I indicated in my eAPR.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Oga Santino1, I like your "COPR announcement" style o. wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy. Thanks ma'am. Patiently waiting for yours so we can close down the thread and start a new page. grin grin

To be honest, I got the inspiration from cochtrane PPR announcement. While just listing timeline is fine, I believe providing some background details as to what's peculiar about individual application adds another layer of information which hopefully forestalls future questions regarding same (thereby leading to unnecessary lengthening of the thread). For instance, my medicals. I had no idea what impact hernia surgery would have on my application and despite the over 500 pages, I'm not aware of it been mentioned even once. So, I strongly encourage every PPR testimonies to kindly include any info that might be peculiar to their application as that might help others in their journey.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kareemHunt: 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hello house. Please can I request for some of my employment reference letter in advance? coz I want to avoid delays in getting them when I finally receive my ITA. If posssible, to whom should it be addressed to? Please assist. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bestdiddy: 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hello Superdoll, I trust you're doing great. Someone directed me to you dear concerning your experience with ICES. Its so good to know you're also an alumni of IMSU.

My questions are as follows:

1. Document Requirement: Based on what I read on the website, they didn't explicitly state that a copy of my degree certificate should be sent, they stated as follows

"In most cases an official transcript is sufficient as long as the completion of the award is noted within. If confirmation of the award is not present in the academic transcript, this information can arrive in letter form from the appropriate authority accompanying the official transcript of records"

Now, in my transcript, there's no confirmation of award but the school will send a clear copy of my degree certificate. So am I required to get the letter they stated above along with my transcript? . . . or is the degree certificate and the transcript all that is required?

2. Document Characteristics: "for a document to be considered official, it must bear proper seals, signatures and postal markings"

Please, what do they mean by postal markings?

Thanks and kind regards.

superdoll:

Hmmm! I just pmed u . Kindly also help me with the womans number. Have u successfully gotten ur eca from wes?

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
cochtrane:

That's funny because that's exactly what I did. A couple of days after my eAPR, bitcoin fell to less than 4500 Euros. So I purchased 3 BTC for about 13,000 Euro. Today, those 3 BTC are worth about 22,000 Euros. Meaning I have earned about 9,000 Euros in about a month.

If cic has an issue with that, that one na their own wahala. I simply couldn't let those kind of opportunity pass by because of what cic might or might not do.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
Read up, joor.
teevyne01:

Lol. I understand that I'm not being dissed. All this is in a bit to help me anyway. I know a few things and someone had been working on it with me. I just seemed rational to find some unbiased help elsewhere (like knowing about the test results). About the ECA, I always knew about conversion of certificates but I thought basically it'd be after applying.

Yes, I did read it. But maybe I didn't sink it all in... How did I decide to relocate? I have no answer o lol... I actually stumble on this. I knew NL would have something like this and with people like you so...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
She had!
tippex:

Congrats Newmum. Very excellent result.

Please share some tips if you don't mind. Listening and reading did me strong thing and to think I found reading very easy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Santino1:

Congratulations. May God perfect your ways.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
Santino1:

That's funny because that's exactly what I did. A couple of days after my eAPR, bitcoin fell to less than 4500 Euros. So I purchased 3 BTC for about 13,000 Euro. Today, those 3 BTC are worth about 22,000 Euros. Meaning I have earned about 9,000 Euros in about a month.

If cic has an issue with that, that one na their own wahala. I simply couldn't let those kind of opportunity pass by because of what cic might or might not do.
You too blazing much grin That must be the pre-fork (BTG) dip. You nailed it right.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
kareemHunt:
Hello house. Please can I request for some of my employment reference letter in advance? coz I want to avoid delays in getting them when I finally receive my ITA. If posssible, to whom should it be addressed to? Please assist. Thank you.
Go for it!
Address it "To Whom It May Concern"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
Santino1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy. Thanks ma'am. Patiently waiting for yours so we can close down the thread and start a new page. grin grin

To be honest, I got the inspiration from cochtrane PPR announcement. While just listing timeline is fine, I believe providing some background details as to what's peculiar about individual application adds another layer of information which hopefully forestalls future questions regarding same (thereby leading to unnecessary lengthening of the thread). For instance, my medicals. I had no idea what impact hernia surgery would have on my application and despite the over 500 pages, I'm not aware of it been mentioned even once. So, I strongly encourage every PPR testimonies to kindly include any info that might be peculiar to their application as that might help others in their journey.

Well said! Thank you for sharing yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teevyne01: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
GlitteringStar:

1. The answer is on page 0. You can calculate your CRS score here.

2. Read this post to know more about ECA.

Extremely extremely helpful.. I never even start sef. But it's nice to have a mentor grin ... How do I begin in ur opinion... A little background : did maths and science oau, 2:2 (worked as a teacher for about 3 years) and then did a pgd comp science, unilag... Do I get a Wes for the BEd or the PgD?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Greetings everyone.

They say everything that has advantages must have disadvantages, having said that, Nairaland has always been a place people come to seek for information and I am one of them, However, it is always advisable to read CIC's website for concrete and updated information. Overtime, I noticed people totally bank on the information gotten on here. Please a token of advice is to combine info gotten on here and on CIC's website in other to avoid stories that touch.

I knew about EE long before now and I heard it takes about 2years for the processing and that discouraged me but later I heard that it takes 6 months for the whole process and I decided to give it a shot. The first thing I did was to read about it. I read for about 2days to at least get a glimpse of what's up. I even went further to research about jobs and living conditions in Canada.

For those that want to embark on this journey, it worth it to do a little research and read to save the stress of asking too many questions and if possible you can provide answers to questions.

God will crown all of our efforts in Jesus name.

Kind Regards.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
teevyne01:

Extremely extremely helpful.. I never even start sef. But it's nice to have a mentor grin ... How do I begin in ur opinion... A little background : did maths and science oau, 2:2 (worked as a teacher for about 3 years) and then did a pgd comp science, unilag... Do I get a Wes for the BEd or the PgD?

I have given you enough information. Kindly read page 0 and CIC's website to know more.

You can evaluate both certificates. Your age and years of work experience is an advantage too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
Onedimple:

Congratulations. May God perfect your ways.

Vielen Dank Herr/Frau Onedimple

cochtrane:

You too blazing much grin That must be the pre-fork (BTG) dip. You nailed it right.

Yup, thanks. I'm still a toddler in the business.

GlitteringStar:

Well said! Thank you for sharing yours.

Glad to.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
funshobabs:
Greetings everyone.

They say everything that has advantages must have disadvantages, having said that, Nairaland has always been a place people come to seek for information and I am one of them, However, it is always advisable to read CIC's website for concrete and updated information. Overtime, I noticed people totally bank on the information gotten on here. Please a token of advice is to combine info gotten on here and on CIC's website in other to avoid stories that touch.

For those that want to embark on this journey, it worth it to do a little research and read to save the stress of asking too many questions and if possible you can provide answers to questions

I concur! The answers to most questions is on CIC's website. Unfortunately, many Nigerians don't like to read.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
sleekysilk:
Congratulations @ Algbenguze, Newmum0615, Kemzyebony, Divinegift Becky, and all who aced their IELTS.

In other news, COPR and Visa on hand.
ITA Sept 20
AOR Sept 25
PPR Oct 25
Passport got to Accra Oct 30
COPR Nov 24

Thank you all... Hephgirl, 40man, Canadianfly, GlitteringStar, Cochrane, etall... I pray it all ends in praise for all of us

@sleekysilk.

Congratulations to you on the CoPR- that's the "final" after the final (PPR) grin...

Just take a minute and reminisce the whole experience from the very start till CoPR now and you wonder "why me? Why am I this loved by God?" and I bet, you have every reason to thank and appreciate Him!

So happy for you it ended in praise...PTL!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Pat4t5: 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
[please friends help quote author=Pat4t5 post=62693965]Experience people in the room please help me. If you've done your verification using WES
Please house I need your assistance. I want to evaluate my M. SC result, but came across this page as I was registering on WES site.
Some experience people here advised me before now that I only need to send soft copies of my M. SC and B. SC certificates to WES on their website and later send my M. SC transcript(hardcopy) to them. I don't know if this is a new development from WES (#please include your secondary school education and higher education study for analysis#)
Please help me, I don't want to make mistakes. I need a complete step by step breakdown on how to evaluate M. SC result using WES[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Pat4t5: 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
[b][/b]Urgent, please help
Please those that have done their verification using WES should give me breakdown of the process.
I have M. SC degree
Please what and what do I need to send to WES in hard copy or/and soft copy?
Please I need response.
Do I need to send my o'level also ? based on this information on WES site (#please include your secondary education....... #)
Please your reply is needed because I don't want to make mistakes.
Thanks one love

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2017
Pat4t5:
Please those that have done their verification using WES should give me breakdown of the process.
I have M. SC degree
Please I need response.
Do I need to send my o'level also ? based on this information on WES site (#please include your secondary education....... #)
Thanks one love

Send Soft copy, do not include your o level credentials when applying.

Use hellofax.com to fax your certificates to wes. Read page 0 for more information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
teevyne01:

I think you are now beginning to take the magnanimity of the people on this thread for granted. Oga/Madam, go and read.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
GlitteringStar:

I have given you enough information. Kindly read page 0 and CIC website to know more.

You can evaluate both certificates. Your age and years of work experience is an advantage too.

GS, I think you should stop responding now, otherwise we continue to encourage laziness and mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
Pat4t5:
I have M. SC degree
Please I need response.
Thanks one love

Click on add credential, fill only the details of your MSc and continue with the application. At the end only your MSc certificate and transcript would be requested for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.