Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505120 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
mzjennypher:
Hello house, on the attached screenshot my middle name is not there pls how can I edit it? It never asked for my middle. Should I be bothered?

Your "given name(s)" is your first name and middle name.

Follow the steps in this post to edit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
1) Please can anyone in the house that has evaluated Bsc with WES recently help him with the first question. I cant really remember.

2) Pease type Accounting Technician Certificate as the name of the credential which is the same name you would see on your AAT certificate (please take a look at it to confirm). ICAN AAT is regarded as a Higher Education and is being evaluated as a one year College Level Certificate.

Talkingboy:

Thanks Sir .

I have spoken with him and he has explained the process. Thanks once more.

However Sir , I am having issues with WES , and one needs to be careful so as not to waste money. I saw someone here narrating her friend's ordeal.

1) I schooled in 9ja , but i cannot see my course on d drop down , I only saw Diploma for the Course , so I had to type it manually , Is that fine ?....

is university higher education or professional higher education ?

2) When I chose ICAN , the drop down only brought Associate of the institute, I only have AAT at d moment. Do I need to type Associate Accounting Technician manually or I put Associate of d institute ? ?

is ICAN AAT higher education or professional higher education ?

Please kindly help me with the aforementioned b4 I make payment.

Thank You sir.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bolabae: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I have constantly followed the thread jejely but I think I need to share my story because I am so so down right now. Hubby and I got ITA May and deadline was Aug 30th meanwhile I was pregnant then, so we decided to wait for the little one to come so we can add him straight to the application, which was why we waited a day before the deadline. We could not get his passport and birth certificate early like we planned so we ended up submitting on the 29th without the little one but we gat POF for the three of us. We didn't hear anything from CIC for a long time then hubs raised a CSE when we had all the document for the little one. We got a mail to upload his documents before 30th of Sept but we did on the 11th of Sept which was a day after the mail came.
Fast forward to November.....no changes yet not even medical passed. Then on the 24th of November we noticed they already created application for the little one on our CIC timeline and after that nothing happened till now. Not even medical passed since Aug 29th.
My concern now is that we wanted to visit our family members in the state but we were not granted visa last week, .Do we need to inform CIC about the new visa denial?
.Do we call them or raise CSE?
.Hubby and I gat two visa denial before which we already stated before submission, will all ds visas denial affect our chances and application?
Note* We have called them twice and the lady that spoke with us told us sincerely that the file was not yet treated since August o. Egbami o! I am so confused and frustrated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
Canadianfly:
All these folks with IQAS timeline writing "AOR" confusing person like say na PPR things. Yall should find another way to be writing una timeline abeg. Make we know what abbreviation is for what.

That's how someone will come and write WES is showing IP1 and NA2 tongue
buhahahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Your "given name(s)" is your first name and middle name.

Follow the steps in this post to edit.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 12:35am On Nov 29, 2017
Omonjoe:
Will there be a place holder for the new passport and change of name doc attachement

My plan was to submit the new passport via CSE.....(you can just google cse on d cic website and see what it looks like)
However because of naija factors, getting the new passport took about 12-13weeks by which time cic had sent me an ADR asking for the new passport( i was given 7days to submit it).....so they provided a placeholder for it...

You should take note that name change on intl pp takes an unnecessarily long time especially if done outside Abuja...so pls immediately u submit you app, go to apply for name change d very next day....

My reason for changing names was "I wanted synchronicity on all d names in ma application" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 29, 2017
bbaby84:
Listen up people!!!!

It's my turn!

PPR has landed! Indescribable joy!

London Visa office
115 days from AOR to PPR

All glory to God!

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nozzle(m): 2:05am On Nov 29, 2017
bbaby84:
Listen up people!!!!

It's my turn!

PPR has landed! Indescribable joy!

Finally! I can share my timeline
WES: 17th of April
IELTS: 25th of May
WES evaluation completed: 2nd of June
IELTS results: 6th of June
Express entry profile created: 9th of June
Invitation to apply: 12th of July
Acknowledgement of receipt: 5th of August
Additional document requirement: (supplementary Travel) 17th of August
In-progress 1: 17th of August
Document submitted 18th of August
Medical passed: 21st of August
Not applicable 2: 23rd of August
IP2: 22nd of November (that's when I saw it)
Passport request (PPR) 28th of November.
Family of four.
Moderate travel history.
London Visa office
115 days from AOR to PPR

All glory to God!
big congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iyamefa: 3:55am On Nov 29, 2017
Hello guys, wonderful job being done here. Pls I need some assistance. I’m sure it has been discussed here before so pls forgive my inability to find it. I would like to know the whole process for getting credential accessment for a Medical Doctor as well as exams/licensing to be done in Canada after landing in order to practice. I know the process is a bit different from other professions but I don’t have the specifics.

Kindly assist with any information.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 4:17am On Nov 29, 2017
HighBK:
Has anyone tried MOD IELTS testing centre? I heard about them, and that you can pick your speaking test date. How true is this?

It will be a relief to many of there are other options than BC

My husband used MOD. No hassles at all.. As per picking speaking test date, i think he was offered two options and he chose the preferred one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 4:25am On Nov 29, 2017
Iyamefa:
Hello guys, wonderful job being done here. Pls I need some assistance. I’m sure it has been discussed here before so pls forgive my inability to find it. I would like to know the whole process for getting credential accessment for a Medical Doctor as well as exams/licensing to be done in Canada after landing in order to practice. I know the process is a bit different from other professions but I don’t have the specifics.

Thank you
Yes, the credential assesmemt process is different, done by MCC. Just search for Vcole and read up her posts, I don't know the exact page on the previous thread she gave full details. Probably our data analysts (cochtrane or GS) can help us with direct link. You may request to pm her as well. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 5:37am On Nov 29, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

My plan was to submit the new passport via CSE.....(you can just google cse on d cic website and see what it looks like)
However because of naija factors, getting the new passport took about 12-13weeks by which time cic had sent me an ADR asking for the new passport( i was given 7days to submit it).....so they provided a placeholder for it...

You should take note that name change on intl pp takes an unnecessarily long time especially if done outside Abuja...so pls immediately u submit you app, go to apply for name change d very next day....

My reason for changing names was "I wanted synchronicity on all d names in ma application" grin grin
u hav got another mail.thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2017
The information you need is on the very first page of this thread, please take time to look it up.
Iyamefa:

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Talkingboy: 5:48am On Nov 29, 2017
Bambam4you:
1) Please can anyone in the house that has evaluated Bsc with WES recently help him with the first question. I cant really remember.

2) Pease type Accounting Technician Certificate as the name of the credential which is the same name you would see on your AAT certificate (please take a look at it to confirm). ICAN AAT is regarded as a Higher Education and is being evaluated as a one year College Level Certificate.

God bless u sir. I really do appreciate ur responses .... Blessings follow u always Sir. Thanks .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Talkingboy: 5:53am On Nov 29, 2017
sweetrie:
Standard mail is fine. You can download the ECA from your WES profile and use that.

Congratulations @bbaby84

Thanks Sis . God bless..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Talkingboy: 5:57am On Nov 29, 2017
Ina kwana, Good morning, Otutu Oma , Ekaaro Everybody .....

Quick One Please.....

I am having issues with WES , and one needs to be careful so as not to waste money. I saw someone here narrating her friend's ordeal.

1) I schooled in 9ja , but i cannot find my course on d drop down , I only saw Diploma for the Course , so I had to type it manually , Is that fine ?....

is university classified as higher education or professional higher education ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omodadi2: 6:01am On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for your response. In my case, I have evaluated my BSc already, we are awaiting DHs' to enter the pool. Then I read here that PG certificates give more points. I have two PG certificates courses, and awaiting MSc result. Should I still evaluate the PG separately now? both or 1 ?

cochtrane:

The first thing you should do is evaluate both and then observe what WES (or any other agency) has stated as "Canadian Equivalency". For your degrees, this is most likely gonna be 'Bachelor's & Post-graduate diploma' which will earn you "Two or more certificates".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mecuryf(f): 6:06am On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks alot
yokus:
I was also very confused and i googled tire, no solution o so i just put A year

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omodadi2: 6:15am On Nov 29, 2017
Good morning house, pls what is the trend in WES evaluation now? how long does it take? or othe fast ones pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 6:29am On Nov 29, 2017
Yipeeee... we don recieve PPR ooo. The gap btw IP2 n the final PPr almost crazed me on ur behalf sef. Im so excited and happy. EHugs. Na same plane we go enter

Calling it a problem is an understatement.
We judge pple based on their beliefs and religious choices, honestly it is very very disturbing.

bbaby84:

God bless you! I'm not even Catholic but geez.
What's your own with what someone else believes in? The thing rubbed me the wrong way. That's the problem with we Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2017
What's ur CRS score now?
Omodadi2:
Thanks for your response. In my case, I have evaluated my BSc already, we are awaiting DHs' to enter the pool. Then I read here that PG certificates give more points. I have two PG certificates courses, and awaiting MSc result. Should I still evaluate the PG separately now? both or 1 ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 6:56am On Nov 29, 2017
Hello everyone, in filling the part post ITA that asks if one has been refused a visa. Do you have to list out all visa refusals. For example, i remember i was refused a visa to the UK twice over 10 years ago, in year 2000 and i think 2005. Do i have to include this. Apologies for asking again if this has been answered at some point on the forum
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bolabae: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2017
Abeg make una no jump my tori....help a sister
Hello Everyone,
I have constantly followed the thread jejely but I think I need to share my story because I am so so down right now. Hubby and I got ITA May and deadline was Aug 30th meanwhile I was pregnant then, so we decided to wait for the little one to come so we can add him straight to the application, which was why we waited a day before the deadline. We could not get his passport and birth certificate early like we planned so we ended up submitting on the 29th without the little one but we gat POF for the three of us. We didn't hear anything from CIC for a long time then hubs raised a CSE when we had all the document for the little one. We got a mail to upload his documents before 30th of Sept but we did on the 11th of Sept which was a day after the mail came.
Fast forward to November.....no changes yet not even medical passed. Then on the 24th of November we noticed they already created application for the little one on our CIC timeline and after that nothing happened till now. Not even medical passed since Aug 29th.
My concern now is that we wanted to visit our family members in the state but we were not granted visa last week, .Do we need to inform CIC about the new visa denial?
.Hubby and I gat two visa denial before which we already stated before submission, will all ds visas denial affect our chances and application?
Note* We have called them twice and the lady that spoke with us told us sincerely that the file was not yet treated since August o. Egbami o! I am so confused and frustrated.

Sorry for the long write up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Elle78: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2017
Good morning everyone. Thank you for creating this thread Admins. I have a somewhat unusual question. There's a couple that is currently waiting for their passport to be requested for. Prior to this, the PA informed their VO that they were expecting as the wife was almost due. When they did, the email received was that they should keep communication to minimal level. Unfortunately, they lost the baby after birth and are confused on what next to do based on the mail received. Should they informed the VO about change of status and how should they go about it. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2017
bolabae:
Hello Everyone,

Hello,

Congratulations on the new addition.

I don't think its compulsory to update your profile with the recent visa refusal as that happened after your submission.

As regards your application, sure its being worked on. you can send a mail to request for update.

I wish you all the best

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2017
agates:
Hello everyone, in filling the part post ITA that asks if one has been refused a visa. Do you have to list out all visa refusals. For example, i remember i was refused a visa to the UK twice over 10 years ago, in year 2000 and i think 2005. Do i have to include this. Apologies for asking again if this has been answered at some point on the forum

List all Visa refusals.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2017
Biko which one is MOD again.

agates:

My husband used MOD. No hassles at all.. As per picking speaking test date, i think he was offered two options and he chose the preferred one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by area74: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Bambam4you:

Good morning bros. Kindly also help me out on this question and any other nairalander with the experience should equally help. Can I use the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers professional qualification as an additional certificate with my BSc. PLEASE HELP!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omodadi2: 8:17am On Nov 29, 2017
Pls let me PM you, i need help as the thing dey go up amd down.

elfmann:
What's ur CRS score now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2017
agates:

I think the time frame is within 10years and not beyond,someone can please clarify

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wholesomegrace: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2017
wholesomegrace:
My present employer doesn't issue reference letters for immigration purposes and to avoid stories that touch, I need to draft
a letter stating my job roles to this effect which I plan to notarize as advised here. Can anyone help with a draft pleaseeeeeee

I have my JD, I just need clarifications on how to start and end the letter.
Will appreciate any assistance pls.

Thanks house

Please, has anybody gone through this route before? Kindly help

I am quoting from: https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hamiltondreamer: 3:48pm On Nov 07
If you asked for a letter from your office and the office has refused,do not go through the back door by cutting coners.
1. Write a letter on a plain sheet in the required format.
2. Get it notarised
3. Write a letter of explanation staying in that your office refused to give the letter and if there is proof through email correspondence include it.
4. Proof of employment : Employment letter ,ID card, payslips bank statement.

5.(Rolling my eyes) for LVO a tattoo of your office logo on a conspicuous part of your body,pictures of you and your colleagues in your office aso ebi, picture of you standing in front of your office sign post and so many more LVO attachments.

6. No 5 is irrelevant

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2017
Emmasonic4me:
After talking for about 2 minutes during the part 2 of the speaking test, the examiner dozed off apparently, or rather obviously due to exhaustion.

I had observed him/her do this intermittently, however, I couldn't do anything so as not to be captured on the recorder.... Mehn, after the 2 minutes, I gently tapped on the table to wake him/her and we continued from there. I wanted to use my legs but we are far apart.

Don't tell me s/he doesn't grade it, otherwise what do they scribble on the piece of paper they have with 4 columns which seem to tally with the 4 band descriptors??

Have been thinking about it...

I command her to bless you with nice scores in Jesus name. Let someone not come and go and fall your hand because of her inefficiencies.

Yeah, I also think they use that paper for grading cos my examiner scribbled down stuff like 8, 7.5, 8 and 7.5 during and after my half-baked stories. She nearly caught me peeping into her paper. I hope that thing I saw reflects sha.

Anyone here for the Saturday written tests?

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.