Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,141 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501365 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2017
Hephgirl:

Nope.. U r a lawyer after u graduate.and a barrister after u r called to bar
No . You're a law graduate after you graduate, and a barrister & solicitor (lawyer) after your call to the bar.

Justiyke4u:
you now understand my situation. it will affect my crs score that's why i need the 5 months. i have thought about using a different NOC like 4211 for paralegal which is also related to 4112

I wouldn't worry myself that much if i were you, as your reference letter clearly states "counsel". However, worthy of note is the duties listed in the reference letter. All in all, keep your application simple and go with Noc 4112.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2017
Farefare:

I think you can add it . reason being only your LLB is evaluated and not your BL. So you commenced paid employment after your LLB.
People on here have used nysc period to make up so why can't you use what you have. My take though.
thanks a lot. i was only concerned with the job title
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2017
eboziem:
Good day house. Please I need clarification with regards reference and CIC requirements. My previous employer has given me reference. I joined them in April 2008 but while stating my job duties/responsibilities under a particular NOC, they wrote May 2008 - April 2010. My question is if this would count as 2years under the CIC criteria as to number of years worked. If I am to go by number of working hours, it's more than the required minimum (30 hrs per week)as it was an 8-5 job.(45 hrs per week)

Please your kind input is needed so I know the way forward

Thank you

May 2008 - April 2010 is 2 years while April 2008 - April 2010 is 2 years and one month. The choice is yours if you want your duly deserved extra one month smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:56am On Aug 21, 2017
I hope the CAD is actually falling back to a reasonable exchange rate. It's just been too high.

Iruosonobrugwhe:
Please between Oanda.com and xe.com, which is the most reliable for exchange rates? the disparity is too much as at today(N266-1CAD for oanda and N289-1 CAD for xe)?. this PoF must bot cause high BP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2017
edozye:

May 2008 - April 2010 is 2 years while April 2008 - April 2010 is 2 years and one month. The choice is yours if you want your duly deserved extra one month smiley

Just want to be double sure...used one date/days calculator and it gave me 1yr,11months and 29 days.
Actually joined them 14th April and they discounted the period I was on training.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MostBlessed: 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
February 21st AOR.... Currently 181 days waiting. Last information gotten 21st June file was transferred to London visa office awaiting review by an officer. What a wait, quite exhaustive and disappointing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
cochtrane:

It will be evaluated as a professional degree and earn you more points than a bachelor's

Thanks.

I have read thru and still confused on the evaluation process below;
This are the steps for evaluating your B.pharm

STEP1. Register and create an account at www.pharmacistsgatewaycanada.ca, you will have to choose a province and pay ($325 + tax, if applicable(tax applicable if paying with Canadian card if not no tax)

STEP 2. Go to PEBC website( http://www.pebc.ca/) and read the instructions for document evaluation and follow the process.
let me break the pebc document evaluation for you alittle

1. Your transcript sent directly from from your school directly
2. LICENSING statement , from PCN if your currently licensed directly to pebc
3. Notarized means of identification,change of name if applicable and application form with document evaluation fee$550CAD,International money order or bank draft.

Does it mean pharmacists have to register, and take an exam before evaluating? Please pharmacists in the house, please explain how you tackled your evaluation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
I checked the box that a copy should be sent to my email that way I got a copy.
Jesuba:
Please, those who used hello fax. How do you know that the fax has actually gone through.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good morning my people.

Please help me again with the amount of money a family of 4 needs as POF again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
40manlappy:
FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS (ESTIMATED)

NB: This is just a simplified list

Can you update with these:

1.WES charged me 322CAD. It includes international courier.
2. Q-Life charges children below 5 years 20k but children from 5 years to I think 10 years are charged 22k.
3. Abuja Clinic charges, N48k per adult.
4. IOM Abuja charges N40,200 for adults.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
crazyinlove:

No I didn't. Fortunately my son's name is Tobenna too

Are you this same person?

MamaTobenna: 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new to this particular thread. It has been really enlightening reading through. There is a question I need answer to though. We(hubby and I) have submitted our entry into the pool but I need some clarification. I have a BSC and I have ICAN. WES does not recognize ICAN but if I do not put the ICAN in our entry, I will fall below 450. Since we put in our code from WES anyways, would we still be penalized if we add the ICAN qualification. I don't know if my question is clear enough
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
view below....others can see theirs too
MRSDA:
Good morning my people.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
chuckdee13:
view below....others can see theirs too

Thank you so much. I was just being lazy �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
MRSDA:
Good morning my people.

$22,856 for family of four.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
please I need serious help, after filling my express entry profile I was told am not eligible cos of my noc code.
I registered all my work experience but I have another code for two experiences apart from my normal primary noc.
what do i do? can I fill in some with the same code and leave d rest?
I v up to five years experience in my main primary occupation code
again if I change it, will it affect anything?
please I need answers please
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
abiriba:
Hello House, good morning to all the gurus in the house.
Please I need help with my application.
I submitted a profile and it read not eligible to be in the pool. Their reason being that the primary NOC is not recent .
Can that contents of that same profile be changed to reflect a new primary NOC code with new jobs done recently?

Your response will be appreciated.

Create another profile and put the correct information there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
happens to us all dear
MRSDA:

Thank you so much. I was just being lazy �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Abbylee:
Good morning guys,

Remember I asked some questions on behalf of my fiancee in the last thread. Someone suggested us getting married first and adding me to his application as a dependant before he submits.

I have a couple of questions please...

1. For my fiancee: Please how does one go about getting a new passport if the old one is lost, especially after ITA has been received? How does one notify CIC and at what point? Note that E-Application will due for submission first week in November.

2. For me: Can i claim points for my NYSC experience? I was posted to a school, but i never went there, I worked elsewhere which is where i am till date, total of 3 yrs in September including the NYSC experience. Can this fly? The company won't have any issue giving me a reference letter saying i worked for 3 yrs(NYSC included). Must my NYSC details be requested for at any point?

3. Which approach is better/faster, more efficient, more everything lol? - We are not sure how quickly we can do court wedding (you know how dramatic parents can be) before the deadline for his application or should we apply separately? I have done my WES and plan to take the belts next month. Is adding me after he submits his application more complicated?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Forget NYSC. It is not important. Put your work experience.

You guys can actually apply seprately if you seperately meet the criteria. The difference between the two approaches is that you won't be getting married earlier than you want but you will have to show more prrof of funds. He will have to show his almost 12,300 CAD whilst you would have to do same. If it was together, you would be showing about $15,500 but apart you will have to prove $24,600.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
But if i don't put NYSC, my experience drops to 2 years. Are you saying I should just call the whole thing 3yrs and not mention NYSC at all?

Thanks

XX01:

Forget NYSC. It is not important. Put your work experience.

You guys can actually apply seprately if you seperately meet the criteria. The difference between the two approaches is that you won't be getting married earlier than you want but you will have to show more prrof of funds. He will have to show his almost 12,300 CAD whilst you would have to do same. If it was together, you would be showing about $15,500 but apart you will have to prove $24,600.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Abbylee:
But if i don't put NYSC, my experience drops to 2 years. Are you saying I should just call the whole thing 3yrs and not mention NYSC at all?

Thanks

Yep. NYSC is not important for this waka. Call all 3 years work experience and move on as long as you have a reference that states that.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
Onlineise:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Be careful what you wish for...I remember praying for London VO earlier in this process when they were processing PPR like under 6weeks. So I got a response to my enquiry just now, saying my file has been moved from Sydney to London, my heart sank cause right now I hear Accra dey learn for where London dey.

They even said in their response "...please do not send repeat status requests...your cooperation will be appreciated." ... i take it as a subtle threat, so right now make i just dey my lane going forward.

#MayAORTeam

Ooouuch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
XX01:

Can you update with these:

1.WES charged me 322CAD. It includes international courier.
2. Q-Life charges children below 5 years 20k but children from 5 years to I think 10 years are charged 22k.
3. Abuja Clinic charges, N48k per adult.
4. IOM Abuja charges N40,200 for adults.

Wow... That almost extra $100 cad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Thanks!

XX01:

Yep. NYSC is not important for this waka. Call all 3 years work experience and move on as long as you have a reference that states that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
mummy jaygirls abeg I need to talk to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
Abbylee:
Good morning guys,

Remember I asked some questions on behalf of my fiancee in the last thread. Someone suggested us getting married first and adding me to his application as a dependant before he submits.

I have a couple of questions please...

1. For my fiancee: Please how does one go about getting a new passport if the old one is lost, especially after ITA has been received? How does one notify CIC and at what point? Note that E-Application will due for submission first week in November.

2. For me: Can i claim points for my NYSC experience? I was posted to a school, but i never went there, I worked elsewhere which is where i am till date, total of 3 yrs in September including the NYSC experience. Can this fly? The company won't have any issue giving me a reference letter saying i worked for 3 yrs(NYSC included). Must my NYSC details be requested for at any point?

3. Which approach is better/faster, more efficient, more everything lol? - We are not sure how quickly we can do court wedding (you know how dramatic parents can be) before the deadline for his application or should we apply separately? I have done my WES and plan to take the belts next month. Is adding me after he submits his application more complicated?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

For question 2, you wont be asked for what you didnt input in your form. So if you are certain that your current employer will give you work reference to cover the period of your nysc, then you are free to put your present work experience as 3yrs.

HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO ENSURE THAT THIS INFO IS INLINE WITH THE INFORMATION YOU PUT ON ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, FROM FACEBOOK PROFILE TO LINKEDIN, INSTAGRAM ETC. CIC has been known to get information about applicants through these open source channels.

Cheers and all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
closetextrovert:

$22,856 for family of four.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Thank you. We filled 25,000 CAD in our application. Now, money has gone into other things and as much as I would like to just put in the application already, we have to wait till month end for POF to be complete again. The total amount needs to be there right? The wait is tiring!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gorgebaby: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
There is no better time than now! So today, I officially come out of 'ghost mode' (that I have been for eon) and officially register here. Who collects registration fee?

Good job everyone. God bless.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Please between Oanda.com and xe.com, which is the most reliable for exchange rates? the disparity is too much as at today(N266-1CAD for oanda and N289-1 CAD for xe)?. this PoF must bot cause high BP

As far as I am concerned and as far as cic must be concerned, it is oanda. What is xe? Can't you see it sounds like chinko? May God let their website crash.. Father, remove all the force of xe in my life!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
@Derel,no you don't need to register and take exams before evaluation. You have 5 years to write your exams and pass after evaluation. If after 5 years you do not pass your exams,you have to evaluate your documents again.
Remember your school would send your transcripts to them,PSN would send your licence then you would send the printout of online form you filled together with notarized B.pharm, int passport or birth certificate,passport photograghand ECA form because you would need the ECA for express entry.
B.pharm and int passport would be photocopy then you notarize.

This is just a summary, go to pebc website and get a detailed information and instructions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jesuba: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
chuckdee13:
I checked the box that a copy should be sent to my email that way I got a copy.
Thanks, I just got the email confirming fax sent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by contra(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
cochtrane:

If you use WES, your ND+ATS+BSC will be evaluated as "Two or more certificates", earning you more points than a bachelor's. For the same WES, your ICAN will be evaluated, recognised, but will not add your scores and will not be evaluated as a professional degree. CISA will also not earn you any points, if evaluated by WES.

For IQAS, I can't say. But I guess could be same thing.

Thank you cochtrane for your detailed response.

I will appreciate more response to my questions please to enable me make informed decision.

"Good morning guys,

Thanks to all the people making valuable contributions on this thread and past threads. God bless you all.

I am new and would like to know how to commence my application. In respect to academic conversion, I have ND(Auchi poly), ICAN-ATS, BSC (Uniben), ICAN-ACA & CISA, I would like to know what credentials I need to send for conversion. Secondly, I don't know what institution to use - WES or IQAS. I have read some thing about these bodies but I've not been able to agree on the best.

A prompt assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you."

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.