Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1504969 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:
40manlappy bbaby84 thank you. I dont want to complicate things. I will just submit all the documentation i have. i read through canadavisa and noticed i have required documents to claim it. Thank you guys

It's alright bro, you don't have to amend if you are convinced of your "packaging". Wish you the best in your application smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by megaprince007(m): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
Good afternoon Nairalanders
I was impressed by the progress of members in this thread and i wish to be among the winning team.
I did my IELTS 6677.5 recently Aug 19, 2017 and wish to know what next to do before i proceed to the pool.
Thank you
. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
megaprince007:
Good afternoon Nairalanders
I was impressed by the progress of members in this thread and i wish to be among the winning team.
I did my IELTS 6677.5 recently Aug 19, 2017 and wish to know what next to do before i proceed to the pool.
Thank you
. Your response will be highly appreciated.

I advice you retake the test as you need a very high score in the pool. Attain to get a 8777 LSWR then you can get into the pool. Meanwhile I advice you start with your ECA as that takes a lot of time.

Good luck and prepare hard

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:
40manlappy bbaby84 thank you. I dont want to complicate things. I will just submit all the documentation i have. i read through canadavisa and noticed i have required documents to claim it. Thank you guys

There's zero complication in your matter. Except the other experience you have isn't enough to cover your scores when ITA was received.
You simply remove the self employment details from work experience you're claiming points for to personal history, not delete it totally.

The more documents you provide, the more complicated things become.

HOWEVER, it is ultimately your decision to make. All the best in your application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
Hello guys

My accompanying spouse has B. pharmacy and msc. We evaluated the msc via Wes just to boost my crs score . I am the PA. Her work experience as a pharmacist will be put under personal history after ITA, getting ref letter na long thing.

My question is while filling ee profile should I declare both Bpharm and MSc? But click no if asked for ECA for Bpharm? Or only declare the MSc since it's the only degree evaluated?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marc0110(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2017
Good day all .
Is it advisable to submit multiple sealed envelopes of transcripts in one package to WES for ECA Report.
The purpose is to reduce cost and hoping this will not result in any complications
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marc0110:
Good day all .
Is it advisable to submit multiple sealed envelopes of transcripts in one package to WES for ECA Report.
The purpose is to reduce cost and hoping this will not result in any complications
Yes it is

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sweetrie(f): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2017
Deebay:
Hello guys

My question is while filling ee profile should I declare both Bpharm and MSc? But click no if asked for ECA for Bpharm? only declare the MSc since it's the only degree evaluated?

Thanks
Declare both Bpharm and MSc. But click no if asked for ECA for Bpharm. And upload the ECA for Msc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by fabdee: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
Donmatlock:

Please, I need an expert advice on the best way to migrate to Canada. Is it by study or migration. And how long does it take.
I have made up my mind to leave this country.

grin grin grin grin grin grin so sorry oooo buh that line got me rolling.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by billy: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2017
@bbaby84, to corroborate your post below. I did a small analysis shown below using the CRS tool.

I am married with two kids. I completed CRS tool as married and chose spouse not accompanying me with a certain IELTS score (S:7.5-9, L:8, R:7.0-7.5 & W:7.0). See my score breakdown:

AGE= 83, Level of Edu= 128, Official Lang= 127. Spouse Factors= 0, Skill Transferability factor (official lang. proficiency & edu= 50), Foreign work experience (official lang. proficiency & foreign work exp=50). Total score 438 points. Note that no score was obtained under SPOUSE factors.

I did another analysis, married and chose spouse accompanying me with the same IELTS score I used before. See my score breakdown;

AGE; 75, Level of Edu= 119, Official Lang.=119, Spouse Factors= 8, Skill Transferability factor (official lang. proficiency & edu= 50), Foreign work experience (official lang. proficiency & foreign work exp=50). The total score dropped to 421 points. I scored just 8 points under SPOUSE FACTORS using her B.Sc (assuming it's evaluated). I assumed she won't do IELTS, so no points earned. I gained only 8 points under SPOUSE FACTORS compared to the 25 points I lost in AGE, Level of Edu & Official Lang when I chose "accompanying me.

Comparing these two analysis, I lost 8 points in AGE with my spouse accompanying me. I lost 9 points in my Level of Education with my spouse accompanying me and also lost 8 points in official lang, totaling 25 points.

I would advise if you have spouse accompanying you, the PA must ace the IELTS exam with excellent scores and have your spouse degree evaluated and if possible (if no cash constraint), let her also write IELTS exam to give some points. Anything short of having good IELTS score will drop your overall score with your spouse accompanying you.

Just thought to share....

bbaby84:

I hope you've put this theory to test? Let me comment my real reserve
In case you didn't know, you get more points If you're a single applicant or if you have an unaccompanying spouse as opposed to married folks with accompanying spouses.
Please use the CRS tool.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
sweetrie:
Declare both Bpharm and MSc. But click no if asked for ECA for Bpharm. And upload the ECA for Msc

Thanks dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
billy:
@bbaby84, to corroborate your post below. I did a small analysis shown below using the CRS tool.

I am married with two kids. I completed CRS tool as married and chose spouse not accompanying me with a certain IELTS score (S:7.5-9, L:8, R:7.0-7.5 & W:7.0). See my score breakdown:

AGE= 83, Level of Edu= 128, Official Lang= 127. Spouse Factors= 0, Skill Transferability factor (official lang. proficiency & edu= 50), Foreign work experience (official lang. proficiency & foreign work exp=50). Total score 438 points. Note that no score was obtained under SPOUSE factors.

I did another analysis, married and chose spouse accompanying me with the same IELTS score I used before. See my score breakdown;

AGE; 75, Level of Edu= 119, Official Lang.=119, Spouse Factors= 8, Skill Transferability factor (official lang. proficiency & edu= 50), Foreign work experience (official lang. proficiency & foreign work exp=50). The total score dropped to 421 points. I scored just 8 points under SPOUSE FACTORS using her B.Sc (assuming it's evaluated). I assumed she won't do IELTS, so no points earned. I gained only 8 points under SPOUSE FACTORS compared to the 25 points I lost in AGE, Level of Edu & Official Lang when I chose "accompanying me.

Comparing these two analysis, I lost 8 points in AGE with my spouse accompanying me. I lost 9 points in my Level of Education with my spouse accompanying me and also lost 8 points in official lang, totaling 25 points.

I would advise if you have spouse accompanying you, the PA must ace the IELTS exam with excellent scores and have your spouse degree evaluated and if possible (if no cash constraint), let her also write IELTS exam to give some points. Anything short of having good IELTS score will drop your overall score with your spouse accompanying you.

Just thought to share....

Sorry for quoting the long post. But I had to say God bless you for this. May your PPR be smooth and quick! Yooku's post was very valid but my post was just a 'however' kinda post.
I knew someone would help me out. This English sometimes is not easy for me to be typing...
God bless you once again.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
fabdee:

grin grin grin grin grin grin so sorry oooo buh that line got me rolling.

Lmao... especially when I translate it to Yoruba, It's even funnier.
Oga @Donmatlock please start reading from page 0. You'll be able to leave Nigeria faster that way.
It is well with us all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Oga @Donmatlock please start reading from page 0. You'll be able to leave Nigeria faster that way.
It is well with us all.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
bbaby84:

It is well with us all.

Mo ti pinu wipe mo gbo do fi ipinle yi le!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=Abby2017 post=59996885][/quote]

Please I have a question of i applied for express entry as a single only to get married after my ITA comes out does it affect anything. And what do I need to back things up. Do my spouse have to start getting an ECA and IELTS at that point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Hello friends, I have come again o....I promise this is the last question before I submit our application!

Please is it ok if i write distance learning with marker on my husband's master's ECA certificate just to note that he did it by distance learning aside the LOE? Or will an LOE right after the certificate suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehrnie: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
MRSDA:
Hello friends, I have come again o....I promise this is the last question before I submit our application!

Please is it ok if i write distance learning with marker on my husband's master's ECA certificate just to note that he did it by distance learning aside the LOE? Or will an LOE right after the certificate suffice?

Hi - Please don't write anything on an offical document. If you do so, it will be classed as an alteration and can render the entire document unusable (i.e not fit for use).

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

Mo ti pinu wipe mo gbo do fi ipinle yi le!

Lmao cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Please don't kill me!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2017
nnekdre:

Please I have a question of i applied for express entry as a single only to get married after my ITA comes out does it affect anything. And what do I need to back things up. Do my spouse have to start getting an ECA and IELTS at that point.

Yes it affects your application. You need to use the CRS tool and recalculate your points. If it falls below ITA score, then you can't apply. If you do, your application will be rejected.
Your spouse needs to get ECA and IELTS sorted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=cochtrane post=60077080]

Yes it affects your application. You need to use the CRS tool and recalculate your points. If it falls below ITA score, then you can't apply. If you do, your application will be rejected.
Your spouse needs to get ECA and IELTS sorted.[/quote

Do you have an idea how long it takes to apply for your partner after you gotten the visa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
nnekdre:

Don't have any info about that. It would seem it takes a long time, cos many try to avoid that route.

It's not exactly the same, but you could learn a few things here https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lamgirl: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
Please house, does anyone have contact to fasten my transcript in Uni Ilorin?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=nnekdre post=60077345][/quote]

You shouldn't go ahead and apply as your circumstances have now changed. When you decide to add your spouse, your marriage certificate will show you concealed information and we all know how that ends. The trick is to get married after you've submitted not before.
My advise is to re-calculate your scores and if it falls below the cut off you got an ITA with, then your spouse should prepare for IELTS and maybe evaluate her degree.
All the best!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=cochtrane post=60077080]

Your spouse needs to get ECA and IELTS sorted.[/quoe]
I thought someone said if u get married after AOR then it doesn't affect ur score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sugaro:

After, yes. She married before ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtush(f): 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=cochtrane post=60058470]
Check here for CIC's definition of a dependent child.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp[/quote

What, I didn't know this. I would have included my bother who is 17 years old.

What deterred me was having to go through the adoption thing. I would Av just included our parents death certificate and evidence I am is sole guardian. Pays to read up.

Is there anything I can still do about this. Gotten AOR already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
cochtrane:

Haha. Na anti-Nicole campaigners go come for you. In case you don't know Nicole from the Living in Canada thread, you don miss hot gist.

How can i miss such jist?? Marrying your brain was an idea from the whole saga. wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
yokus:
Why will anyone come for you. There is nothing wrong with being Sapiosexual.

@cochtrane If i wasnt already married, il have married you for your brain! Lol.

Oya all d warriors can come at me for wanting to marry "for his brain" and not love.

grin grin grin

Sapio... Whaaaaaaaaat?
Please i have only primary six certificate and had to consult Obahiagbon for translation....
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 12:03am On Sep 03, 2017
Java47:

Hello @Ajujuju2,

I was using candle light to find it initially, and when I started getting confused I reached out to our oga and madam at the top, @40manlappy et @mummyjaygirls, who then told me it was Ghana. Who am I to say otherwise.... grin wink

It's Ghana, and I'm male...

Cheers.

Lol @ candlelight.
Sorry bout d mixup(sex)...nairaland has got us guessing. cheesy cheesy
Minwhile i was actually talking about the whole process. Like from CIO to Ottawa or London before Ghana.

And yes, I blive that applicants from the western Africa region go to Ghana for finalization.
You can trust @40manlappy and @mummyjaygirls to set you on d right path. Dy'hv been helping since 1909 right after @Zandora, @Dupyshoo @vcole et all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 12:07am On Sep 03, 2017
Hephgirl:
u or me... I wld have long married his brain... There'll b nothing left for u to marry.

Lol babes. D guy brain na hotcake. If not for anything... @least his future kids will b hotter.

@cochtrane... Girl fight for u. Feel free to blush.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by GodgivenGrace: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2017
I salute everyone on this thread you are actually doing a great job.
Am new to this thread and also new to the EE procedures too.

Please I want to ask some questions

1) I used the CRS calculator to calculate my scores just to have an idea and my chances before I book for IELTS as am about to take the test. I got 448( with assumed good ielts scores)with age 34 years when I used 35years with the same assumed ielts scores I got 442.

Am actually 34 presently but I will turn 35 by December this year.

My question is when all the necessary documents are ready to enter pool which year should I put (35 or 34). I will enter pool before Dec by God's grace

2) My second question how can someone improve on the scores apart from the usual criterium?

I noticed that someone can add additional points by getting job with a recognised Employee in Canada while you are outside Canada and similarly, additional points can be added by provincial nomination.

Please how can someone get these?
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.