Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1500374 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2017
Mcdion:
Good day everyone. Please which body can evaluate medical laboratory science degree? Thank you all.
can't remember... Check the first two or three pages for Cochtrane posts with links
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seer247: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2017
Lamgirl:

Use this to calculate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
I did it but its giving some components I didn't input, like "Canadian work exp with foreign work exp" which I don't have d Canadian work experience. So pls if anyone can help it will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seer247: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2017
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2017
Hephgirl:

I wanted to answer... But then let's wait for Cochtrane and 40manlappy to comman answer you undecided
It is anything that gets him d points. If she assessed OND and didn't do IELTS, and their CRS remains at 415, when IELTS can get them up to 435 and cutoff not nearing 420, who lose? Make people dey reason these things.. Everyone world over is working hard to max points and get to a comfortable level for a possible ITA threshold.

Story of I no hold money no catch IRCC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 9:59am On Sep 05, 2017
vikmeek:
Good Day all.

I'm new here,

I'v a B.Eng Degree (Elect/Elect Engineering, 2:1)
Working in a Telecoms firm 2yrs experience
IELTS: R-6, W-7.5, L-6, S-7.5. Av:7.0
27yrs

Pls can someone help me calculate, Do I have a chance for Skilled Migration through express entry in canada?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all
Ur score will b low because of ur ielts. Try rewriting and get 8777 LSWR.

If u get 8777 with ur 2 years experience ur score will b 409.
If u maybe add nysc to make it 3 years experience ur score will b 429.
If u now score L 8.5 R8 S7.5 W 7.5 ur score will b 441.

So d ball is in ur court.

Ps
I don't know much about telecommunications and what NOC it is

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2017
lol...not yet
Abbylee:
Hello,

Any update?

Its you I'm looking at for inspiration o lol.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2017
Seer247:
Pls can someone in the house help me calculate my possible CRS point ( I.e over 500).
Education. Bsc.
Age. 33
IELTS CLB9
Exp. 6yrs
Single applicant.

Even with CLB 20 (just kidding) ur score won't b up to 420.

Are u a professional? It might boost ur score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bensky: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2017
Good Morning House,

Please can someone verify if i can use my Bsc from University of port harcourt through Wes. As a colleague was telling me that Wes was having issues with uniport certificate verification. can someone in the house please verify this reports for me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:09am On Sep 05, 2017
Hephgirl:

I wanted to answer... But then let's wait for Cochtrane and 40manlappy to comman answer you undecided
Hephgirl yaff vexx finish oo... This your comment is funny grin and at the same time wicked. To conceive and then type it out is even more wicked. We follow mmrius beg you, e do mistake, e for include your name in those mentioned. Biko, no vex again ehn.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2017
mmrius:

MY QUESTION >> I plan to only evaluate my wife's OND for ECA (although she has a B.Sc.), but she will not be writing the IELTS exam. Is it compulsory for her to do both, that is ECA and IELTS or can she do only the ECA?

My reason for the OND ECA is to get more points in the CRS.
Yes you can evaluate only the OND. But why don't you evaluate both so you can get more points? Except of course it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for you to get those BSc transcripts for her university. With the OND and BSc, you get more points.

IELTS is not compulsory for spouse. Some persons here have completed their applications without spouse IELTS. I could pull that out for you if you want.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2017
bensky:
Good Morning House,

Please can someone verify if i can use my Bsc from University of port harcourt through Wes. As a colleague was telling me that Wes was having issues with uniport certificate verification. can someone in the house please verify this reports for me. Thank you
The latest info we got on this thread is that the issue has been resolved. Some guys here from uniport have completed their evaluation with WES. If you want me to pull up the details for you, I could.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seer247: 10:27am On Sep 05, 2017
Hephgirl:

Lol.
Not a professional, so what do u think could be d way out or may be provincial applications may yield result?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2017
A plea to all,

If you have an issue that has been touchlighted by the house, please do well to update the house even if na minor movement. Let’s learn from you and keep the information bank rich.

kissoflife, any update as regards your ECA conversion?

Our honorable PM, JustinTrudeau, what’s BC saying? Any definite time to expect your result?

Wapu, were you able to resolve your missing result with BC? and hope you've made progress on your ECA with IQAS

Miminice, your EOR (though not needed) should be about its 10th week by now, any word from BC yet?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2017
Hello house,

I need help to pay for my ICES ECA as it accepts only credit card. Please is there anyone that can help with the payment while I pay the person in Naira. Abeg help o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2017
senola1:

This is the more reason why one needs to be sure, because the thing is quite confusing. Honestly

Waiting anxiously for the gurus, 40manlappy, Mummyjaygirls, Cochtrane and the likes to shed more light
I didn't get this option during my evaluation. But I think it should be IRCC application, cos WES keep referring to IRCC application on their website. Others can put mouth.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bensky: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2017
Thank you so much. I appreciate
cochtrane:

The latest info we got on this thread is that the issue has been resolved. Some guys here from uniport have completed their evaluation with WES. If you want me to pull up the details for you, I could.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eros(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2017
cochtrane:

Yes you can evaluate only the OND. But why don't you evaluate both so you can get more points? Except of course it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for you to get those BSc transcripts for her university. With the OND and BSc, you get more points.

IELTS is not compulsory for spouse. Some persons here have completed their applications without spouse IELTS. I could pull that out for you if you want.

Gracias.

@hephgirl,

Do not take my comment personal. A lot of people have been helping on this thread but Cochrane and 40manlappy stand out with their detailed explanation.

I appreciate you and everyone else just as I appreciate them. Please never stop helping us the newbies.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2017
Mcdion:
Good day everyone. Please which body can evaluate medical laboratory science degree? Thank you all.

You will use any of WES, ICAS, ICES, etc. This guy studied medical lab science and used WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2017
Anyone from UNiversity of Ibadan (UI) who has done WES should please provide contacts for those I can call to confirm the inquiry sent to the school from WES please oooo. Sent since August 7 and up till now no update.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2017
Hephgirl:

CLB 20? lol grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2017
Kontagious:
A plea to all,

If you have an issue that has been touchlighted by the house, please do well to update the house even if na minor movement. Let’s learn from you and keep the information bank rich.

I can't help but agree with this a hundred times. In fact, I'm of the opinion there is some info missing on this thread that can help a lot of people.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2017
Dewys1:
Hello house,

I need help to pay for my ICES ECA as it accepts only credit card. Please is there anyone that can help with the payment while I pay the person in Naira. Abeg help o.
If you can transfer usd, I'll help you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jummolami: 11:43am On Sep 05, 2017
hi

which inquiry?

balogunsam:
Anyone from UNiversity of Ibadan (UI) who has done WES should please provide contacts for those I can call to confirm the inquiry sent to the school from WES please oooo. Sent since August 7 and up till now no update.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Bros, with this your profile, you currently have only 364, which cannot give you an ITA.

Sorry, in this our Canada trip, what you studied and class of your degree do not count. 1st class and 3rd class are on the same level. Only IELTS scores, years of experience and level of education matter(PHD will give you highest, followed by Masters (or professional course), then 2 or more degrees (OND and HND are considered 2 or more certificates, which means they are regarded higher than a BSc) then, last is BSc.

So, for you to get the points that you actually need, you need study very hard for IELTS, re-write it and get the following points R-8, W-8, L-8.5, S-7.5, add your NYSC experience to be able to claim 3 years. With that, you'll get 441 points which will most likely give you an ITA. If you have a sibling in Canada, you get extra 15 points which will give you a total of 456, if you don't, 441 is good enough.

All the best.

vikmeek:
Good Day all.

I'm new here,

I'v a B.Eng Degree (Elect/Elect Engineering, 2:1)
Working in a Telecoms firm 2yrs experience
IELTS: R-6, W-7.5, L-6, S-7.5. Av:7.0
27yrs

Pls can someone help me calculate, Do I have a chance for Skilled Migration through express entry in canada?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2017
Kontagious:
A plea to all,

kissoflife, any update as regards your ECA conversion?

Our honorable PM, JustinTrudeau, what’s BC saying? Any definite time to expect your result?

Wapu, were you able to resolve your missing result with BC? and hope you've made progress on your ECA with IQAS

Miminice, your EOR (though not needed) should be about its 10th week by now, any word from BC yet?

Yes my ECA was converted in four days and Was sent to IRCC. Now I have the ECA number which is just the same as was ref number but with suffix IMM now added.

POF now the issue to battle with...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
There's no benchmark. It depends on a number of factors: 1. What are the scores of the people in the pool 2. How many people with high points, 3. How many people does CIC want to invite.

The last lowest score invited was 434, before then, it was 433, before then, it was 441 etc. You can visit this link to see how the trends have been since the beginning of express entry http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp

Our collective advise is aim to ace your IELTS and you'll be good to apply.

Develpeast:

Please what is the present benchmark for the canada immigration. I thought it was 415 before now. Please what is the recent benchmark
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thanks boss,

I have sent you a PM. Kindly accept so we can talk.

Regards,
cochtrane:

If you can transfer usd, I'll help you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thanksss for the response. @yimiton it took about 6 working days to get a response.

Please I have a question

Person A had over 3 years in one job then started a new job post ITA. Because new job is less than two months at the time 90 days is up, a reference letter cannot be obtained as Peron A is still in training in the new job.

For documentation Person A uploads a proper reference letter for the first job (this is the work experience that points were claimed for before ITA) and for the second one, uploads just the employment letter. In the LOE, the person explains that as the job is new and training is still ongoing, roles and responsibilities have not been properly defined and includes other details about the job like hours a week etc.

Both jobs were listed in the employment place and personal history place. Documents have already been submitted.

Please what are the implications of this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
bensky:
Good Morning House,

Yes they were having issues with Uniport but it has been sorted. As informed by Cochtrane, u can complete your ECA with WES submitting your Uniport certificate. I completed mine some months ago however, u r right with d certificate verification part. Uniport wants WES to pay them some dollars before verifying and WES ain't ready to pay a dime so WES will tell u to sort dat part out with your school. My advice, follow up with Uniport for d verification part and pay d necessary dough. Though crazy, it's what is obtainable.

Wish u goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
balogunsam:

PM Me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hephgirl:

Savage.....

Ika.....

Agbaya.....

Wicked.....

Infact...you are a badt shild. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
jummolami:
hi

which inquiry?

The verification request WES sends to schools after receiving transcript and your certificate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.