Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. (31916 Views)

Exclusive!: How Do You Come About Nairaland?. / Introducing The New Nigerian Forum ! / Golden Opportunity: Be A Member Of This New Nigerian Forum Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Seun(m): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2005
Hello,

Nairaland is a discussion board/forum which simply aims to be the largest, broadest, most informative discussion forum for the people of Nigeria. You can discuss anything that interests you on this forum:
- Report breaking news stories.
- Share your experience of a particular place, event, product or service.
- Share your knowledge/opinion on topics of interest.
- Ask questions, or make requests and receive helpful answers from other members of the forum.

We have categories which deal with virtually every topic of interest, including movies, music, TV shows, books, soccer, mobile phones, fashion, food, business, computing, automobiles, politics, religion, romance, and more.

You can view the forum using:
* Any mobile phone with support for WAP 1.0 or WAP 2.0/XHTML (automatically detected!)
* Standard PC browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc).

Joining Nairaland is like joining a club, minus the membership dues. Registration is quick, easy and automatic. Please feel free to jump in and start participating. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Start at the home page: http://www.nairaland.com

Regards,
Seun Osewa
Webmaster.

74 Likes 20 Shares

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by loriann(f): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2006
thats some good innovation,the room is really good

6 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by felucci(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2006
This site is a very noble idea by Seun. A place where all we Nigerians can come together and just talk.

1 Like

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by dewaledipo: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
hi seun it dipo your former colleague in Rooftop Cybercafe I can see you are doing a real good job, Keep it up

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by zahealer(f): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2010
Hello All Nairalanders/Moderators,

Can we have Consumer Complaints Forum as a separate section on Nairaland please? I have a complaint about PHCN services and bills that I'm getting. I have been to Consumer Forum of Nigeria (CAFON) hosted by Sola Salako but PHCN personnel deliberately came very late to the forum in order to avoid consumer questions and they ran away before the end of the programme under the guise that they had more important appointments!!! I wonder what appointments could be more important than that of the customers paying their bills.

I know its almost the same experience with everyone living in 9ja and people hardly bother such issues anymore, but we the Nairalanders should be able to set up our own equivalent of United States Tea Party forum and begin to get the government to give attention to our objective complaints. Let us help ourselves.

My complaint is that I keep getting Meter Maintenance Charge as part of my bill every month. I have written to my local PHCN office to protest that I dont have a meter, even though I paid for one years back and have continued to give copies of my receipt to them. They just told me I have to keep paying as there's nothing they can do about it. I checked on line and was asked to write to the Power Minister to protest it but we know President Goodluck Jonathan is currently in charge of the power ministry. How do you get Mr. President to give attention to this sort of complaint? I wrote my first complaint letter three years ago when I was getting N154 meter maintenance charge as part of my monthly bill. This was increased to N1019 since July 2010 without consultation or warning whatsoever. I went to my local PHCN office and all I got was "it not just you but everyone is affected by the increase" attitude. Nobody seems to want to hear that I haven't got a meter talk less of getting it maintained by PHCN staff. Nobody does anything but drop the monthly bill at my door.

Nairalanders, the election is just round the corner and I feel that if nothing is done about this governmental rip-off, the private companies who buy off PHCN will continue this trend when they take over the business. Please let us make our voice heard by this government.

What is your experience and what result did you get if you did anything about it? Can anyone advice us how we can get this and other consumer issues to the attention of the government, whether local, state or federal? Thanks in advance for your useful contribution.

ps: Moderator, please feel free to copy this unto other sections in order to get good response. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Adrenaline123(m): 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Commendable web design now you are reaping the good you sowed. Kudos Oga seun.
I was Here!!!

2 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Andyblaze: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
I was here

2 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by pinnochio(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
So was I.

Keep up the good work Seun.
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by astronautog(m): 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
astro was here
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Andyblaze: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Cool.
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by cumpaddre(m): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Seun reply Dipo nahh? Lol. Anywayz, dis forum has touched lives in more ways dan 1. Proud to be a member. Big-ups Seun, u scored A+ on this. smiley

6 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Emmyk(m): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hmmmn
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Olugbenger(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Seun was here.
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Davo93(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2013
...down memory lane. I was here smiley
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Enegod(m): 6:53am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by fdigital(m): 10:55am On Dec 08, 2013
fdigital™~ since Mobileforum —> Nairaland © 2005-2013.

Long Live The Webmaster of This Forum

1 Like

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by sholay2011(m): 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Seun, awayu? undecided

1 Like

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Just incase I later deactivate my account.....SPEEDYBOI posted this and was on this forum and not a 'NOBODY' grin grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by sholay2011(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
speedyboi: Just incase I later deactivate my account.....SPEEDYBOI posted this and was on this forum and not a 'NOBODY' grin grin grin
Lol. This is SHOLAY too oh. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2013
I wanna be a mod o
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by cumpaddre(m): 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
I have nothing to writeundecided
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by gothrones(m): 2:42am On Jan 02, 2014
The very first thread!
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by EzePromoe: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Nairaland is just a place to have fun. Take things serious here to your own detriment.
We talk, yab ourselves and laugh it off smiley

2 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2014
I wuz here eeeeeeEe........booty butt chic
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by cumpaddre(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Booty butt chic: I wuz here eeeeeeEe........booty butt chic
Where's d booty nahh?
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by cumpaddre(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
gothrones: The very first thread!
**Drops Spear and bows down**angryangry

2 Likes

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by HoldenCaulfield(m): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
First to comment after the return of nairaland on nairaland's first page
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
The first thread on Nairaland. Nostalgic.

1 Like

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by G12(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
Present!

1 Like

Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by Gabreal1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
I wanna be a mod o
Is this who i think?.....I was here too.
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by osaroodion(m): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
cool
Re: About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. by ireti123: 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ireti123 checked in here!

This is probably the first thread on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life / Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State / Download New Bet9ja Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.