Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Does God Really Answer Prayers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Answer Prayers? (13102 Views)

Does God Answer Prayers? what is your experience / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by hensben(m): 7:08am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

Of course I do believe in Him
You believe in him yet you are doubting his capability. Oga you still never believe in him.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2017
celestialdamsel:
sin is 0ne of the hindrances to prayer and of course faith is an important substance needed for all we hope for. Do not pay according to your flesh but pray in spirit.

How do you spirit?
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Langbasa: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2017
buygala:
No

We are mostly personally responsible for whatever fortunes and misfortunes we encounter in life..

Besides that, Nature and chance deals randomly with us all sad
Bros you are learned.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by lakezone67(m): 7:09am On Aug 20, 2017
Yes, He does
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

I pray having so much faith and trust that he will answer, sometimes I even add fasting to it. After all these I still fail to see positive result
there is something amiss... Can you kindly tell us what u do pray for and fail to see answers.. Lemme share with u the right steps to answered prayers.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Langbasa: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2017
Integrityfarms:
By my personal experience and convictions, Yes he Does.

I have won a scholarship that it was beyond my making cos, my result was the runner up to the best guy, yet I was picked ahead, based on reasons I can't explain.

I have written exams in dreams which was the same exact questions in real life the next day.

Just to mention a few...

His answers can come speedily, it can come with time just a little patience and he can decide to overlook that request of ours maybe it's not best to our interest.

In all God never comes late to any situation.
You were lucky dazall.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by amadil14(m): 7:13am On Aug 20, 2017
for sure God answers prayer! but u must believe in his Son Jesus Christ
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Divay22:
Yes he does
How will he answer,when you have doubt in your mind?
If you want him to answer, lay your complains to him and forget it totally, let it never be an issue to you...
He might not answer now,it mighty be delayed But a thousand years is just like a day in his eyes...
And check your life, The prayer of a sinner is an abomination to him.

Sometimes i just channel God's delay (to me) as a blessing, because i know he is always on time kiss kiss

But the bible says.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. And. .

Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.

So wetin you dey yarn madam?
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Jabioro: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Why not put him into test to know if he do. answered prayers or the wishes.. Like before t you go bed tonight tell him you don't want to wake up into this sinful world you are, you wanted to be at other side.. Let us know how you feel within when you make simple request.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nauttyprof(m): 7:20am On Aug 20, 2017
God answers prayers and if you follow these two Biblical principles it will help a lot. Asides from faith in God, you need the following:

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1. You need boldness

1John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

2. Confidence

The two requirements asides faith isn't the physical type but drawing strength from what God has said in His word and then approaching Him based on this.

Remember, He honours His word.

God bless you
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by cyril83(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by cyril83(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2017
So many gullibles in Nigeria... God does not answer prayers, all these folk tale were only used by westerners to promote slavery.

Nothing like jesus or mohammed.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by nerodenero: 7:21am On Aug 20, 2017
Aside the fact that faith is important and living a life without sin will ensure we get results from prayer, I personally think God answers in this form:

1. Yes: this simply means the time is right, the reason at times we pray and receive answers almost immediately. It also means the individual has been praying the right prayer, not praying amiss. It is no magic, it simply means it is time for the individual to shine.

2. No: God knows our needs and want but He'd answer our needs and not want. I want a car but my preferred choice is Ranger Rover 2018 model and what God knows we NEED is just a car. He might just provide what we need and not what we want. Again, 'No' could be that it is wrong prayer. By grace, many are blessed that they both have needs and wants. Time and chance happen to all.

3. Wait: Our ways are not His ways. His time is always right. We might ask from Him and it will take long before we receive answers. During this waiting period, we should not lose focus because the devil is also around, trying our faith in God. Waiting is not that one is being denied, you wait because the time you'd receive answers isn't only right but glory of God will be manifested.

I could be wrong but the above is just a personal opinion.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by leye4u: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2017
0b10010011:

No!

It's a mental thingy!

If your pray to a bottle, you will always attribute your positivity to it and doubt potency during chaos.

What will be will always be.

People pray before aircraft crash!

if OPC nack you juju( oruka anawo) ,will it work?
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Moblord(m): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2017
He does for me. He even changed something that has already happened for me
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by KehindeOmololu: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2017
Yes.He does answer prayers. The reasons why your prayers haven't been answered are because:
1.You still engages in sin...The bible says can we continue in sin and expect His grace to abides? impossible. so re-assess your life and stay holy.
2.Probably what you are praying for isn't not meant for you now,and if God answers you now it can be detrimental to your life...so He will save it and grant you when appropriate.
My little opinion dou.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by mavinc4u(f): 7:30am On Aug 20, 2017
yes he does but he blesses and answers whoever he feels that deserves his favour/mercy
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Lexusgs430: 7:31am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:
This is a question I have been asking myself for a very long time and yet I have failed to really find an answer to it. so I ask you who really knows this God and who reads his book, DOES GOD REALLY ANSWER PRAYERS? if Yes, How Does one pray to him for him to really answer. Countless Times have I prayed and it just seems they fall on deaf ears.

I want to know the secret if there's any

A question people's mindsets have been twisted to belief........
Those that don't believe in any spiritual being, they don't pray and positive things happens to them....
How would you say an atheist survives without any spiritual being?
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by zuto4u(m): 7:32am On Aug 20, 2017
My brother, the answer is yes, He does answer prayers. U claim to have faith in him yet u still doubt if he actually answer prayers, who is fooling who? Remember that he sees your heart and knows u more than you know yourself. There's no way u can claim to trust and have faith in him and at the same time doubt if he answer prayers. Remember Abraham and Job, they never doubted God, they believed and trusted in him even when they ought to had lost hope and finally God answered them and blessed them beyond their expectations. It doesn't matter how long you have been praying, continue to pray, believe and have faith in him and at the appointed time, he will show you why he is called God. And again, it also depends on the motive with which you are praying. Make sure your motives are right. Always be thankful to God and do not fail to ask for his forgiveness at all times before tendering your supplications. Study the Bible from time to time and endeavor to practice what you have studied. Seek the Lord with all your heart and every other thing shall be given unto you. MY BROTHER, I AM A LIVING WITNESS, GOD INDEED ANSWER PRAYERS.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by dangotesmummy: 7:33am On Aug 20, 2017
greatcrown:

Read the book you refer to as his book. The answer is there.

I wonder how you have been praying without reading his book. Little wonder u never get answer.

Alternatively, visit the site; http://firesprings.com

In addition go to you tube to read and view real life testimonies of people who are still alive whom you can contact to clear your doubt!

I wish you well!
awon spiritual judges have arrived. Can such God answers me better than you because I read the Bible ever not be amongst Christians

I pray sometimes without reading the Bible and it happens the exact way I pray

I remember when I was doing my Masters defence some years back, I prayed that certain men and women shouldn't be at my seminar presentation because of their penchant for asking unnecessary questions that draws the student back instead of moving forward

I also prayed that God should blind the eyes of the postgraduate examiners so they don't see the error of the work including internal and external examiners and I was shocked to my bones that no one saw errors despite reading the work severally and passed through bureaucratic process

After graduation I was in the right state of mind to read my work and I spotted errors that almost 60 people didn't see and I remembered God answered my prayer EXACTLY THE WAY I PRAYED IT. Not that they were incompetent or ineffective but I went to the throne of grace in humility and believe that God Will not disappoint me

And I held unto his word "be it unto me according to your word and promise"

And there's something my pastor says, when you're having communication with God you don't go with logic or seeing is believing scientific ideologies. You leave all that at the office, you go in total surrender and accept that God is wiser than you. With logic and doubt you will never have anything from God
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2017
As for me n my family MY GOD ANS PRAYERS. Bro plz check ur way its Gods way?
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by soleexx(m): 7:36am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:
This is a question I have been asking myself for a very long time and yet I have failed to really find an answer to it. so I ask you who really knows this God and who reads his book, DOES GOD REALLY ANSWER PRAYERS? if Yes, How Does one pray to him for him to really answer. Countless Times have I prayed and it just seems they fall on deaf ears.

Bro when ever you pray always, always, always make sure you make some sacrifices. along with it..that is give out to the less privileged...Use these method to support you pray to God...he will be left wit no choice but to answer you....for example when lot of people are fighting to get a thing in an organization, you will see some will bribe the official for quick response....so bro thats how it has been working for me....try it
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by AtkinsPlanet(m): 7:36am On Aug 20, 2017
Quite Religious.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by patosky3310(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2017
DaVinChiSam:

funny. I don't think Neymar prays as much as loads of Nigerians that throng to churches day in day out, yet he's seemingly more successful

PAYBACK TIME FOR #NEYMAR
In June 2015, Barcelona won the Champions league and Neymar put on his famous 100% Jesus bandana. It caused a stir in the world. In 2016 during the Rio Olympics he repeated the same feat wearing the 100% Jesus as he stood on the podium to collect the football Gold medal. The International Olympics Committee wrote an official protest for his use of the bandana on a stage that prohibits all religious, commercial or political messages.
Fast forward to August 2017, and it is payback time. God keeps his word all the time. PSG signed Neymar for a world record fee – yet he is not the best player in the world. The internet has been breaking with how much you can do with the money spent on this lad. The professionals in the field (who know exactly what they are talking about) tell us that the signing fee is beyond calculation and rationality. In other words, it simply doesn’t make sense.
That is exactly how God wants it. It didn’t make sense when the 100% Jesus headband came up, and the financial blessing two years later doesn’t make any sense either. God is keeping his side of the bargain – “if you are not ashamed of me before men…, if you offer as little as a cup of water…”
The money you are looking for is in someone’s hand, God needs to give them a transfer instruction to move it to your account. How will he do that?
1. Put the kingdom of God first.
2. Stay on top of your game
3. Leave the rest to God.
God, please give me a Neymar-kind of breakthrough!
Now let’s get back to work.
I am not ashamed of my faith.

Share this if it blessed you.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by banmee(m): 7:39am On Aug 20, 2017
subtlemee:
Yes he does countless times...pray having trust, faith and believing in him to answer,don't pray in doubt or fear

Smh. Sad.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by banmee(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2017
zuto4u:
My brother, the answer is yes, He does answer prayers. U claim to have faith in him yet u still doubt if he actually answer prayers, who is fooling who? Remember that he sees your heart and knows u more than you know yourself. There's no way u can claim to trust and have faith in him and at the same time doubt if he answer prayers. Remember Abraham and Job, they never doubted God, they believed and trusted in him even when they ought to had lost hope and finally God answered them and blessed them beyond their expectations. It doesn't matter how long you have been praying, continue to pray, believe and have faith in him and at the appointed time, he will show you why he is called God. And again, it also depends on the motive with which you are praying. Make sure your motives are right. Always be thankful to God and do not fail to ask for his forgiveness at all times before tendering your supplications. Study the Bible from time to time and endeavor to practice what you have studied. Seek the Lord with all your heart and every other thing shall be given unto you. MY BROTHER, I AM A LIVING WITNESS, GOD INDEED ANSWER PRAYERS.

You guys need to wake up.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by amliftedhigher: 7:43am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

He have mercy to whom he want to and he harden his heart to whom he wants to. Remember Many of your mates Have gone, some don't have phone to chat now, some are in the hospital, some are in the mortuary, some could not finish primary school, secondary school and university. My brother I write to you because God have answered my prayers and have shame my enemies.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by bedspread: 7:44am On Aug 20, 2017
DaVinChiSam:

funny. I don't think Neymar prays as much as loads of Nigerians that throng to churches day in day out, yet he's seemingly more successful
ITS THE SAME GOD THAT MADE HIM WHAT HE IS..... HIS WAYS ARE PAST FINDING OUT
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by judedwriter(m): 7:44am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

There are some secrets to God answering prayers, but the FIRST is faith...that is praying with faith.
Faith is believing God through His word. Before i ask God for anything, i spend time digesting His Word, building my faith.
By the time i build my faith, and begin to pray, God responds quicker to my prayers because faith pleases Him.
The more time i spend in God's word, the more faith i have and the quicker God answers my prayers...God wants us to grow in faith before He answers most of our prayers just like any parent want their children to grow physically.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by golamike: 7:47am On Aug 20, 2017
Integrityfarms:
By my personal experience and convictions, Yes he Does.

I have won a scholarship that it was beyond my making cos, my result was the runner up to the best guy, yet I was picked ahead, based on reasons I can't explain.

I have written exams in dreams which was the same exact questions in real life the next day.

Just to mention a few...

His answers can come speedily, it can come with time just a little patience and he can decide to overlook that request of ours maybe it's not best to our interest.

In all God never comes late to any situation.
One of the best answers so far. One thing you should know is that God hears and answers every prayer. The answer could take any of these forms: "YES", "WAIT A LITTLE" or "NO".
When you get a "YES", you receive what you want almost instantly. When you get " WAIT A LITTLE", God is telling you to be patient because He knows that thing will not benefit you at that moment or last long or for other reasons which only Him knows (He's God). When you get a "NO", God will never give you that your request because it's not His will for your life.
One thing I've realized is that we often pray for things we "want" not really those we "need". From my relationship with God, I've come to understand that God will only give a man what he needs and not what he wants because the two are VERY different. Man wants numerous things but spiritually he doesn't need most of them (1Corinthians 6:12, James 4:3). Finally, God only promised to supply all our NEEDS and not our wants. Please Read Philippians 4:19. God bless us all. Amen
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by samijay8(m): 7:51am On Aug 20, 2017
DaVinChiSam:

Hahaha and that guy is even popular pass Jesus
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2017
BELOVE! WHAT IS IT YOU ARE PRAYING FOR? MOST TIMES WE FIND OURSELVES ASKING FOR WHAT HE HAS ALREADY GIVING US IN CHRIST JESUS THE BELOVE..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Generational Curses. / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.